So you wanted to use the PS4 Remote Play feature on your local network but learned you must have an Internet Connection? Well MysteryDash has the solution to use Remote Play Offline with the release you can as the dev puts it "enjoy playing on your PS4 from your computer (WLAN/Ad-hoc) without the need of an Internet connection". Learn more about this project and how to use with the provided nformation
- Offline PS4 Remote Play
- Getting Started
- All Remote Play Features work?
- Don't Trust Patches?
- DEVS: Contributing to Project
Offline PS4 Remote Play
(Current Version of the Remote Play : 18.104.22.1681)
Before we get started, a little message for Sony
If you ever happen to read this, don't you think it would be nice to have this feature built-in ?
Think about it like this for a second : you are going on holiday with your PS4 and your laptop because you have no other display available for it. Most laptops aren't shipped with an HDMI input port so you can't directly connect your PS4 to your laptop's screen. However, what you can do is connect your laptop and your PS4 with an ethernet cable and use RemotePlay... until you realize that you need an Internet connection to start the software.
Looking for updates is nice, but is there really a point in preventing players from using their console because they don't have an Internet connection available all the time ?
Incidentally, if you have any problem with me posting this, please don't hesitate to contact me.
For various reasons, I can't give you the patched executable. However, I can still tell you how to patch it yourself. You will need to download xdelta as well as the RemotePlay.patch and put them next to your RemotePlay.exe.
Execute the following command :
Then you have to start RemotePlay-Patched.exe to enjoy your PS4 Remote Play offline experience. I'll describe below another method to do the same thing without having to change RemotePlay.exe itself.
Will RemotePlay work as usual ?
Yes, every aspect of the original RemotePlay have been kept, except the error messages. Be aware that if you have an Internet connection and an update is required, this patch will NOT prevent it (updates are here for a reason...) !
I may (or may not) totally prevent those updates, but currently I don't know if compatibility problem may arise between the PS4 and the Remote Play if both aren't up-to-date.
I don't trust those patches thrown at me like this...
... and that's perfectly fine.
Here are the steps so that you can reproduce the patch (the first version) by yourself :
- Throw your RemotePlay.exe at de4dot to remove the obfuscation.
- Open your brand new RemotePlay-cleaned.exe using your favorite decompiler (ILSpy, .NET Reflector, etc...). In my case, I am using dnSpy. Navigate to the class RemoteplayUI.CheckUpdate and look for the method taking an object and an EventArgs as arguments. Here's the original obfuscated but commented method :
- There's a second edit to do. Look this time for the method taking an object and an AsyncCompletedEventArgs as arguments. Here's the original (shortened a bit) obfuscated but commented method :
Alternative method, almost 0 programming skill required.
- And that's it, you can now export your brand new RemotePlay executable (using the Save Module... function on dnSpy) and enjoy playing on your PS4 anywhere.
- Download and install Fiddler.
- Enable HTTPS decryption in Fiddler.
- With Fiddler running, start RemotePlay and wait for the request to https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/remoteplay/module/win/rp-version-win.json.
- Select the AutoResponder tab, enable the rules, enable unmatched requests passthrough.
- Drag & Drop the request made to remoteplay.dl.playstation.net into the rules list.
- Select the FiddlerScript tab and look for this line :
- Click on Save Script.
- That's it for Fiddler. You have nothing to save by yourself. The only thing that matters now is that Fiddler must be up and running when you want to play without Internet.
- There's still something to do. Currently, if you open RemotePlay, it'll tell you that (if you are truly disconnected) there is not network connection available. To fix this, create an access point on your phone and connect to it (there's no need to have an Internet connection available on your phone, otherwise it would defeat the point of having done everything mentionned above). Note that you can also use any free hotspot you may have around you.
- It's already done ! When you'll start RemotePlay, it'll think that an Internet connection is available (when it's merely connected to a hotspot WITHOUT Internet) and when it'll try to look for updates Fiddler will take care of it.
- Enjoy the offline PS4 Remote Play.
I usually appreciate contributions, however, this time, I will decline every pull request containing an executable or a patch.
PS4 Offline PS4 Remote Play (Current Version : 22.214.171.1241)
By thehero_ on Aug 19, 2017 at 10:53 AM
TheFlow cracks Vita Firmware 3.67 ("Will Release" but "Not Soon")TheFlow has brought some clarity on the recent updates (commits) made to VitaShell suggesting 3.67 Support, It is indeed true that 3.67 is now exploitable for the PS Vita and sibling devices the PlayStation TV (Vita TV). The dev has now confirmed on his official twitter (tweets below) that user and kernel access on Vita's 3.67 Firmware has been achieved, However, do note before you get too excited, the developer won't release till end of year, in what seems to be a move to wait out any future Vita firmware updates that may be on the horizon,. The dev has also stated (if time allows) the possibility to update HENkaku Enso to 3.65 for existing Vita user's, but in the future we might see all vita devices with a new window for exploiting .Its unclear if the recent Vita Bootloader Hack aided or had anything to with this hack but details are sure to emerge in the coming weeks and months What ya think about this announcement from TheFlow?
-STLcardsWS/ nCadeRegalContinue reading
Something good is going on in the PS Vita SceneIt appears "Something good is going on in the PS Vita Scene" says psx-place's own kozarovv, As the recent commits by xyz (team molecule member) and then TheFlow (VitaShell Creator) Github pages some rather interesting discoveries were found in those recent commits as also The_Hero (of Games&Consoles) points out about some new commits arising following the news from last week when Yifan lu (a member of Team Molecule) disclosed the new HENkaku Enso Bootloader Hack to the Vita Community. Since, it now appears there are some rather interesting developments coming to fruition in the Vita's ecosystem. Are we are likely in store for something big for the Vita Community, like 3.67 breakthroughs? It sure looks that way, currently, we are only making suggestions and concluding details from the commits across these Open Source Projects from elite vita devs. As these changes are signaling something is on the horizon. @kozarovv laid out some of the important bits of information that can be gather from those recent commits made available -STLcardsWSContinue reading
HENkaku Ensō bootloader hack for Vita [ by Team molecule]Team molecule is not done detailing information on the PS Vita / PlayStation TV / Vita TV, after the releases of HENkaku and then HENkaku Ensō Now developer Yifan Lu has detailed a write up detailing a new exploit titled HENkaku Ensō bootloader Hack, the information detailed could lift some of the restrictions hampered in the Vita's current environment. and even lead to a full blown 3.65 exploit (but that needs additional work the team is not interested in, but they hope others will be with this new info.) There is alot to read so i will let you get to the details yourself in the this well written piece by the developer, The topic we have broke up below in our tabs for easy reading, but you can also view the original format in the source link provided from Yifanlu's blog at bottom of the article.
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: