So you wanted to use the PS4 Remote Play feature on your local network but learned you must have an Internet Connection? Well MysteryDash has the solution to use Remote Play Offline with the release you can as the dev puts it "enjoy playing on your PS4 from your computer (WLAN/Ad-hoc) without the need of an Internet connection". Learn more about this project and how to use with the provided nformation
- Offline PS4 Remote Play
- Getting Started
- All Remote Play Features work?
- Don't Trust Patches?
- DEVS: Contributing to Project
Offline PS4 Remote Play
(Current Version of the Remote Play : 220.127.116.111)
Before we get started, a little message for Sony
If you ever happen to read this, don't you think it would be nice to have this feature built-in ?
Think about it like this for a second : you are going on holiday with your PS4 and your laptop because you have no other display available for it. Most laptops aren't shipped with an HDMI input port so you can't directly connect your PS4 to your laptop's screen. However, what you can do is connect your laptop and your PS4 with an ethernet cable and use RemotePlay... until you realize that you need an Internet connection to start the software.
Looking for updates is nice, but is there really a point in preventing players from using their console because they don't have an Internet connection available all the time ?
Incidentally, if you have any problem with me posting this, please don't hesitate to contact me.
For various reasons, I can't give you the patched executable. However, I can still tell you how to patch it yourself. You will need to download xdelta as well as the RemotePlay.patch and put them next to your RemotePlay.exe.
Execute the following command :
Then you have to start RemotePlay-Patched.exe to enjoy your PS4 Remote Play offline experience. I'll describe below another method to do the same thing without having to change RemotePlay.exe itself.
Will RemotePlay work as usual ?
Yes, every aspect of the original RemotePlay have been kept, except the error messages. Be aware that if you have an Internet connection and an update is required, this patch will NOT prevent it (updates are here for a reason...) !
I may (or may not) totally prevent those updates, but currently I don't know if compatibility problem may arise between the PS4 and the Remote Play if both aren't up-to-date.
I don't trust those patches thrown at me like this...
... and that's perfectly fine.
Here are the steps so that you can reproduce the patch (the first version) by yourself :
- Throw your RemotePlay.exe at de4dot to remove the obfuscation.
- Open your brand new RemotePlay-cleaned.exe using your favorite decompiler (ILSpy, .NET Reflector, etc...). In my case, I am using dnSpy. Navigate to the class RemoteplayUI.CheckUpdate and look for the method taking an object and an EventArgs as arguments. Here's the original obfuscated but commented method :
- There's a second edit to do. Look this time for the method taking an object and an AsyncCompletedEventArgs as arguments. Here's the original (shortened a bit) obfuscated but commented method :
Alternative method, almost 0 programming skill required.
- And that's it, you can now export your brand new RemotePlay executable (using the Save Module... function on dnSpy) and enjoy playing on your PS4 anywhere.
- Download and install Fiddler.
- Enable HTTPS decryption in Fiddler.
- With Fiddler running, start RemotePlay and wait for the request to https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/remoteplay/module/win/rp-version-win.json.
- Select the AutoResponder tab, enable the rules, enable unmatched requests passthrough.
- Drag & Drop the request made to remoteplay.dl.playstation.net into the rules list.
- Select the FiddlerScript tab and look for this line :
- Click on Save Script.
- That's it for Fiddler. You have nothing to save by yourself. The only thing that matters now is that Fiddler must be up and running when you want to play without Internet.
- There's still something to do. Currently, if you open RemotePlay, it'll tell you that (if you are truly disconnected) there is not network connection available. To fix this, create an access point on your phone and connect to it (there's no need to have an Internet connection available on your phone, otherwise it would defeat the point of having done everything mentionned above). Note that you can also use any free hotspot you may have around you.
- It's already done ! When you'll start RemotePlay, it'll think that an Internet connection is available (when it's merely connected to a hotspot WITHOUT Internet) and when it'll try to look for updates Fiddler will take care of it.
- Enjoy the offline PS4 Remote Play.
I usually appreciate contributions, however, this time, I will decline every pull request containing an executable or a patch.
PS4 Offline PS4 Remote Play (Current Version : 18.104.22.1681)
By thehero_ on Aug 19, 2017 at 10:53 AM
[UPDATE] New Vita Jailbreak coming in July 2018 (3.65-3.68 HENkaku / 3.65 Enso) from TheFlowAs the PS Vita Community knows hacker/developer TheFlow had discovered a new vulnerability for jailbreaking the PS Vita / PlayStation TV (Vita TV). The developer had planned for a much later releases since the Vita seems to be nearing the end of its life cycle and since official support could cease down the road. The idea being it was better to hold on to this exploit saving it until Sony officially pulled the plug on the device(s). However, since that time another exploit was found and thus this exploit (the first one) has moved up the release date to a new date of >> July 1 2018.
With firmware's 3.65-.3.68 there will be a new window to install the HENkaku hack which is a HEN (Homebrew Enabler), But if your on 3.65 firmware you can even take it a step farther by having the ability to install Enso (the CFW framework), With this soon to be released method TheFlow is saying you will need a Memory Card(see update), as no other storage medium including the system's internal storage will not work.Continue reading
PKGLAUNCHER (webMAN MOD Addon) now supporting additional RetroArch-libretro cores with new update
Developer @aldostools has supplied an update to one of the add-on's for webMAN MOD plugin for PS3 (CFW) user's. The PKGLAUNCHER feature which debuted on the project in wMM v1.45.04 allows for launching of RetroArch Roms from the XMB via the pkglauncher tool. With RetroArch making changes to cores names and new cores being supported on the PS3, developer Aldostools decided an update was needed and thus this new build has been rolled out for webMAN MOD user's. This is currently labeled as a test build so if you experience any issues be sure to drop a line in the comments below.Continue reading
reactPSPLUS Payload - ReActivate PS Plus Games on PS4 5.05 (Release by Zer0xFF)So you have your PS Plus Subscription and well you can't use the games the service offer's because your on firmware 5.05 (exploited PS4 firmware)?. Well, there is now great news there as a solution arises thanks to Zer0xFF as the developer discovered a way to "reset" the timer on the content by tricking the clock by using the new reactPSPLUS payload. The PS Plus subscription requires you to check into PSN from time to time and with an exploited system that is currently not possible. So, this becomes a great solution to regain the goodies from your subscription to PS Plus. Sony states that long as you have an active PS Plus Subscription you will not lose access to your game collection, which as we know is not 100% factual. What they fail to mention is that if you do not update your console to latest firmware and agree to the ever changing Terms of Service's you also lose access to the content EVEN if you are paying for the service. So, hacks like this give power back to the honest user's, Who just enjoy homebrew and system hacks on the hardware they purchased and as well as the content they purchased through various services.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
MegaMan- War of the Past OpenBOR OPL ready ISO -Neill Corlett