So you wanted to use the PS4 Remote Play feature on your local network but learned you must have an Internet Connection? Well MysteryDash has the solution to use Remote Play Offline with the release you can as the dev puts it "enjoy playing on your PS4 from your computer (WLAN/Ad-hoc) without the need of an Internet connection". Learn more about this project and how to use with the provided nformation
- Offline PS4 Remote Play
- Getting Started
- All Remote Play Features work?
- Don't Trust Patches?
- DEVS: Contributing to Project
Offline PS4 Remote Play
(Current Version of the Remote Play : 220.127.116.111)
Before we get started, a little message for Sony
If you ever happen to read this, don't you think it would be nice to have this feature built-in ?
Think about it like this for a second : you are going on holiday with your PS4 and your laptop because you have no other display available for it. Most laptops aren't shipped with an HDMI input port so you can't directly connect your PS4 to your laptop's screen. However, what you can do is connect your laptop and your PS4 with an ethernet cable and use RemotePlay... until you realize that you need an Internet connection to start the software.
Looking for updates is nice, but is there really a point in preventing players from using their console because they don't have an Internet connection available all the time ?
Incidentally, if you have any problem with me posting this, please don't hesitate to contact me.
For various reasons, I can't give you the patched executable. However, I can still tell you how to patch it yourself. You will need to download xdelta as well as the RemotePlay.patch and put them next to your RemotePlay.exe.
Execute the following command :
Then you have to start RemotePlay-Patched.exe to enjoy your PS4 Remote Play offline experience. I'll describe below another method to do the same thing without having to change RemotePlay.exe itself.
Will RemotePlay work as usual ?
Yes, every aspect of the original RemotePlay have been kept, except the error messages. Be aware that if you have an Internet connection and an update is required, this patch will NOT prevent it (updates are here for a reason...) !
I may (or may not) totally prevent those updates, but currently I don't know if compatibility problem may arise between the PS4 and the Remote Play if both aren't up-to-date.
I don't trust those patches thrown at me like this...
... and that's perfectly fine.
Here are the steps so that you can reproduce the patch (the first version) by yourself :
- Throw your RemotePlay.exe at de4dot to remove the obfuscation.
- Open your brand new RemotePlay-cleaned.exe using your favorite decompiler (ILSpy, .NET Reflector, etc...). In my case, I am using dnSpy. Navigate to the class RemoteplayUI.CheckUpdate and look for the method taking an object and an EventArgs as arguments. Here's the original obfuscated but commented method :
- There's a second edit to do. Look this time for the method taking an object and an AsyncCompletedEventArgs as arguments. Here's the original (shortened a bit) obfuscated but commented method :
Alternative method, almost 0 programming skill required.
- And that's it, you can now export your brand new RemotePlay executable (using the Save Module... function on dnSpy) and enjoy playing on your PS4 anywhere.
- Download and install Fiddler.
- Enable HTTPS decryption in Fiddler.
- With Fiddler running, start RemotePlay and wait for the request to https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/remoteplay/module/win/rp-version-win.json.
- Select the AutoResponder tab, enable the rules, enable unmatched requests passthrough.
- Drag & Drop the request made to remoteplay.dl.playstation.net into the rules list.
- Select the FiddlerScript tab and look for this line :
- Click on Save Script.
- That's it for Fiddler. You have nothing to save by yourself. The only thing that matters now is that Fiddler must be up and running when you want to play without Internet.
- There's still something to do. Currently, if you open RemotePlay, it'll tell you that (if you are truly disconnected) there is not network connection available. To fix this, create an access point on your phone and connect to it (there's no need to have an Internet connection available on your phone, otherwise it would defeat the point of having done everything mentionned above). Note that you can also use any free hotspot you may have around you.
- It's already done ! When you'll start RemotePlay, it'll think that an Internet connection is available (when it's merely connected to a hotspot WITHOUT Internet) and when it'll try to look for updates Fiddler will take care of it.
- Enjoy the offline PS4 Remote Play.
I usually appreciate contributions, however, this time, I will decline every pull request containing an executable or a patch.
PS4 Offline PS4 Remote Play (Current Version : 18.104.22.1681)
By thehero_ on Aug 19, 2017 at 10:53 AM
Adrenaline Bubble Manager v3.05 [by ONElua Team] - Adrenaline v6 & AdrBubbleBooter Support AddedThis handy utility we know as AdrenalineBubbleManager from the ONElua team has added support to the recent update to Adrenaline v6 & also the AdrBubbleBoot plugin recently released by LMAN (Leecherman). If your are new to this utility it allows for your own creativity with personalized bubbles for your PSP Content on the LiveArea. Checkout all the details in this latest release of v3.05 for complete changes:Continue reading
Vitashell 1.63 by TheFloW (+ Changelog to upcoming v1.7)Seems developer TheFl0w has pushed a new update v1.63.The new update adds ability to export video files,added support for PSVSD uma0: mounting and fixed bug where the right analog stick was simulated when the headphone was plugged in.(Update) Seems like a v1.7 could be released soon as well, see kozarovv post here (link) for a look of those upcoming changes as wellContinue reading
Vita Pong v1.10 [by NamelessGhoul0] - Audio / Score / Controller Improvements with new updateThe game that arguably started the gaming craze PONG has now an improved version for the Vita Platform, as developer NamelessGhoul0 unleashes Pong v1.10. We know this game is about as simple comes and we have seen so many ports but can't be denied the playability of this classic is still there. No doubt one the best competitive games of all time, simple but quite effective. This version includes new improvements and fixes to audio within the game, Analog Stick Support as well as Score improvements are some of the changes included in v1.10.Continue reading
Share This Page
- 4.81 cfw
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- Panthouba Sagolsem
Boots to "APPS". Art can be 320x480 (exactly 1/2 screen). Theme for CoverArt lovers -UniqueUserName