So you wanted to use the PS4 Remote Play feature on your local network but learned you must have an Internet Connection? Well MysteryDash has the solution to use Remote Play Offline with the release you can as the dev puts it "enjoy playing on your PS4 from your computer (WLAN/Ad-hoc) without the need of an Internet connection". Learn more about this project and how to use with the provided nformation
- Offline PS4 Remote Play
- Getting Started
- All Remote Play Features work?
- Don't Trust Patches?
- DEVS: Contributing to Project
Offline PS4 Remote Play
(Current Version of the Remote Play : 22.214.171.1241)
Before we get started, a little message for Sony
If you ever happen to read this, don't you think it would be nice to have this feature built-in ?
Think about it like this for a second : you are going on holiday with your PS4 and your laptop because you have no other display available for it. Most laptops aren't shipped with an HDMI input port so you can't directly connect your PS4 to your laptop's screen. However, what you can do is connect your laptop and your PS4 with an ethernet cable and use RemotePlay... until you realize that you need an Internet connection to start the software.
Looking for updates is nice, but is there really a point in preventing players from using their console because they don't have an Internet connection available all the time ?
Incidentally, if you have any problem with me posting this, please don't hesitate to contact me.
For various reasons, I can't give you the patched executable. However, I can still tell you how to patch it yourself. You will need to download xdelta as well as the RemotePlay.patch and put them next to your RemotePlay.exe.
Execute the following command :
Then you have to start RemotePlay-Patched.exe to enjoy your PS4 Remote Play offline experience. I'll describe below another method to do the same thing without having to change RemotePlay.exe itself.
Will RemotePlay work as usual ?
Yes, every aspect of the original RemotePlay have been kept, except the error messages. Be aware that if you have an Internet connection and an update is required, this patch will NOT prevent it (updates are here for a reason...) !
I may (or may not) totally prevent those updates, but currently I don't know if compatibility problem may arise between the PS4 and the Remote Play if both aren't up-to-date.
I don't trust those patches thrown at me like this...
... and that's perfectly fine.
Here are the steps so that you can reproduce the patch (the first version) by yourself :
- Throw your RemotePlay.exe at de4dot to remove the obfuscation.
- Open your brand new RemotePlay-cleaned.exe using your favorite decompiler (ILSpy, .NET Reflector, etc...). In my case, I am using dnSpy. Navigate to the class RemoteplayUI.CheckUpdate and look for the method taking an object and an EventArgs as arguments. Here's the original obfuscated but commented method :
- There's a second edit to do. Look this time for the method taking an object and an AsyncCompletedEventArgs as arguments. Here's the original (shortened a bit) obfuscated but commented method :
Alternative method, almost 0 programming skill required.
- And that's it, you can now export your brand new RemotePlay executable (using the Save Module... function on dnSpy) and enjoy playing on your PS4 anywhere.
- Download and install Fiddler.
- Enable HTTPS decryption in Fiddler.
- With Fiddler running, start RemotePlay and wait for the request to https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/remoteplay/module/win/rp-version-win.json.
- Select the AutoResponder tab, enable the rules, enable unmatched requests passthrough.
- Drag & Drop the request made to remoteplay.dl.playstation.net into the rules list.
- Select the FiddlerScript tab and look for this line :
- Click on Save Script.
- That's it for Fiddler. You have nothing to save by yourself. The only thing that matters now is that Fiddler must be up and running when you want to play without Internet.
- There's still something to do. Currently, if you open RemotePlay, it'll tell you that (if you are truly disconnected) there is not network connection available. To fix this, create an access point on your phone and connect to it (there's no need to have an Internet connection available on your phone, otherwise it would defeat the point of having done everything mentionned above). Note that you can also use any free hotspot you may have around you.
- It's already done ! When you'll start RemotePlay, it'll think that an Internet connection is available (when it's merely connected to a hotspot WITHOUT Internet) and when it'll try to look for updates Fiddler will take care of it.
- Enjoy the offline PS4 Remote Play.
I usually appreciate contributions, however, this time, I will decline every pull request containing an executable or a patch.
PS4 Offline PS4 Remote Play (Current Version : 126.96.36.1991)
By thehero_ on Aug 19, 2017 at 10:53 AM
Ps3Xploit - Now Install CFW from 4.82 OFW: NOR/NAND Software Flash Writer + NOR Dumper ReleasedThere has been alot of development going on around the PS3 since the discoveries of the PS3Xploit (webkit exploit) on 4.81 OFW, first we seen the IDPS dumper (4.81/2 OFW) released with some big news & hope to come along with it, like a Flash Writer (downgrader) for OFW, so if you have been reluctant to buy a Hardware Flasher such as the E3 Flasher and bust open your PS3, but have been wanting to get your PS3 FAT(PHAT) Console and your Downgradable PS3 SLIM Models (up to & including 25xx models with minimum installable version <= 3.56) on Custom Firmware, then here is your chance with a 100% SOFTWARE SOLUTION thanks to the work of PS3Xploit Team ( @bguerville, @esc0rtd3w & W) along with contributions from new team member @habib to help expedite this release. Essentially what this Software Solution does is write a patch to the CoreOS (on NOR/NAND Chip) and when the PS3 Console is then rebooted you can install a Custom Firmware directly, So downgrading back to 3.55 is not required in the process, rather "Direct OFW to CFW patching" is done to allow for Custom Firmware Installation.Continue reading
SEN Enabler v6.0.5 [BETA v3] - 4.82 CFW Support & moreImprovements v6.0.5 [BETA v3]
- Added spoof to 4.82
- Added support for CFWs 4.82 CEX/DEX
- Added Cobra support for CFW 4.82 CEX (There is no DEX atm)
- Added custom CFW mode for Ferrox 4.82 [COBRA]
I'm so sorry for going so slow but i don't have my PS3 alive atm, if you see something wrong please let me know, and sorry againContinue reading
PSV VSH Menu v1.1 [taiHen] by Joel16Developer Joel16 has dropped off a gift to the Vita community as v1.1 of PSV VSH Menu has been released. A bit of customization is introduced in v1.1 New "Launch Program" feature also has been added, these are just a couple of the changes that are listed in the entire changelog, Full details of the update for this progressing VSH menu can be seen in the details provided by the dev.
Share This Page
- 4.81 cfw
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
PS2 SCUMM VM (LAST USB+IHD compatible version) think you can still find this elsewhere, COMPARE THEMScummVM Emulator (even the ScummVM website and Sourceforge dont have this version :) -UniqueUserName