PS2 Open PS2 Loader v0.9.3 2016-09-29

Various OPL 0.9.3 versions without GSM -OPL Development Team (c. Ifcaro & jimmikaelkael)

1. 381
    sp193

sp193 Developer

Home Page:
    Introduction

Open PS2 Loader is a 100% Open source game loader compatible with USB Advance/Extreme game format and also with plain ISO format. It aims to be more compatible with games, and should work without ps2load and DNASXXX.IMG replacement tricks.

Open PS2 Loader also is developed continuously and anyone can contribute improvements to the project.

Open PS2 Loader can load games though USB, network (SMB) and from the PS2's HDD unit.

It supports all models of the PlayStation 2, and the PlayStation 3 models with PlayStation 2 backward compatibility.

IMPORTANT:
    • USB games must be unfragmented. If not, they will not work properly.
    • The compatibility modes have changed (not the same as the HDLoader compatibility modes).
    • For viewing or making game compatibility reports, please use the OPL-CL service. For more information, please refer to this thread.
    Release types (since 0.9.3)
    Type (can be a combination)Description
    Normal (No suffixes)Regular, basic OPL release, without any extra features (see below).
    ChildproofOPL release with some controls disabled (e.g. delete and rename). There isn't a GSM+childproof version because GSM is for power users.
    VMCOPL release with Virtual Memory Card (VMC) support.
    GSMOPL release with GSM integrated into it.
    PS2RDOPL release with PS2RD Cheat Engine built-in feature.
    For SMB users: if you are experiencing connection issues, please attempt to make a packet capture and share it with the developers via PM, so that the developers can actually see what's going on with your SMB connection.
    For more information on making a packet capture, please check out this tutorial.

Code:
    ==== Version 0.9.3 ====
    CORE:
    * New RDB-based DECI2 Debugging System.
    * Refactored and optimized core modules.
    * New CDVDMAN streaming mechanism for better performance.
    * Kinder, gentler, and hopefully better IGR mechanism
    * Added support for the DTL-T10000, for debugging.
    * Updated USB drivers - support drives greater than 1TB but less than 2TB in capacity, plus better reliability.
    * Eliminated the need for user-configurable delays in USB support.
    * Improved performance and stability of SMB support.
    * VMC Fix - Slot2 should no longer clone Slot1 and vice versa
    * Removed obsolete Compatibility Modes and needless GSM video modes.
    * New PS2RD Cheat Engine port by Doctorxyz.
    * Per-Game GSM Support.
    * New super-slim EE core, making mode 1 (Alt EE core) obsolete.
    * Added Accurate Reads mode, for emulating the reading speed and behaviour of the CD/DVD drive.
    * The CallBack Timer (CBT) setting now uses a standardized value and was merged into Accurate Reads mode.
    * Added a workaround for some clone network adaptors.
    * Mode 7 "IOP threading hack" removed, as the new streaming mechanism has taken care of all related issues.
    * New compatibility mode: "high module storage". For games that need OPL to store its modules elsewhere, to avoid a memory conflict.
    * Improved reading performance of the cdrom device.
    * Improved reliability of some CDVDMAN functions, for more consistent behaviour.
    * Improved DVD-DL support.
    * Changed "Disable DVD-DL" to "Emulate DVD-DL" to better explain what it does. It's to emulate DVD-DL support, for DVD9 rips (games with their 2 layers compacted into 1).
    * Fixed support for SMB usernames and passwords that are longer than 16 characters (limit extended to 31).
    * Fixed renaming functionality for USBExtreme games.
    * Various fixes for games.

GUI:
    * Improved the behaviour of the auto-refresh option.
    * GSM moved to Game Options menu since its a Per-Game option now.
    * Infamous "Blockhead Grande" theme bug SQUARSHED! (Themes should now get loaded correctly, regardless of display settings).
    * New theme and logo design by Jay-Jay.
    * Better error reporting and help messages in general.
    * Network settings are now saved in opl_network.cfg.
    * Improved stability, design and UI responsiveness.
    * Added missing icon hints.
    * Fixed the problem with the HDLDump server being difficult to shut down properly.
    * Fixed HDD corruption caused by deleting a game from the HDD unit.
    * Added a new network update mechanism, which allows game compatibility records to be automatically downloaded from the OPL-CL service.
    * SMB server can now be specified by its NetBIOS name.
    * IP address configuration can be set automatically with DHCP, although it is still recommended to reserve an IP address for the PS2 in the network because the DHCP reservation will not be ever renewed while in-game.
    * Renamed "Enable Delete and Rename" to "Enable Write Operations".
    * Changed the delete and modify VMC controls to be disabled instead of hidden, when writes are disabled.
    * ISO disc images no longer strictly need to be named in a special format. Simply put your ISO files in your CD and DVD folders and OPL will find them.
    * Renamed compatibility modes to have actual names.
    * Game history will now be updated; the "towers" behind the "SONY Computer Entertainment" boot screen should continue to grow.
    * Added support for OTF fonts.
    * Added support for fonts stored on the HDD unit (root of +OPL partition; hdd0:+OPL/) and USB device (root of device; mass0:/).

GAME FIXES & COMPATIBILITY IMPROVEMENTS:
    * New patch: Choujikuu Yousai Macross
    * New patch: Super Robot Wars IMPACT
    * Drive state of sceCdStandby has been changed to PAUSE: Check iTV
    * New patch: Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
    * New patch: The Oneechanbara
    * New patch: The Oneechanpuruu
    * New streaming mechanism for better playability: Various BEMANI games
    * Initialization is performed for search functions: Lifeline

Other Languages
    English is built-in by default. You can get your native language file from the Language Pack file (just unzip it and follow the instructions contained on Readme.txt file).​

User Guide
    Related threads/downloads/links

2. 381
    sp193

sp193 Developer

Home Page:
    I've spent a lot of resources on rewriting OPL (oh why) but I have no PlayStation 2 consoles to test my work. If successful, then the duplicated source code for USBHDFSD.IRX, DEV9.IRX, HDD.IRX, PFS.IRX, HDPro ATAD.IRX and ATAD.IRX can be removed from OPL.

But of course, by removing the custom ATAD.IRX and DEV9.IRX modules, we'll also be throwing away the customizations for some clone adaptors, but it's not like we should be encouraging them to make bad hardware anyway...

What I have done is:
    • Moved the customizations to ATAD into a new standalone module.
    • Moved the customizations to HDD.IRX into hdd.c (on the UI).
    • Moved the customizations to PFS.IRX into hdd.c (on the UI).
    • Changed the stat filler in PFS to return the relative LBA and sub number of the inode.
    • Moved the customizations to USBHDFSD into USBHDFSDV.

Note that this also means that there can be problems with VMC. To avoid data loss, do not write any data with VMC unless it has no problems reading. The logic here should be that if it can read properly, it should also be able to write properly.
    Of course, if you have valuable saves/games, do not participate in this test.

I have also updated the in-game driver code for SMAP (SMB mode), ATAD (HDD unit users) and the HDPro ATAD (HDPro users).

So far, I have personally tested game booting on USB, SMB and HDD and there are no problems. There are no issues with VMC on HDD and SMB modes, but I have not successfully tested VMC on USB mode due to logistics problems.

The source code for my suggested changes for OPL can be found here.
    You will need to update your PS2SDK to use these changes successfully.

To aid with testing, here is today's pre-built binary. It has only VMC enabled, so there is no support for other extras like GSM etc.

On a side note, today is the first day in a few years that I have used SMB to watch a game's FMV. Wow, things have improved! :D

bguerville, kozarovv and Berion like this.
  3. 1,473
    Berion

Berion Developer

TheIceBolt and kozarovv like this.
  4. 6,869
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Until now I wasn't aware that HDPro exist. Or even that something like that exist for 75XXX and newer. :) Last thing I heard was HD combo for leaved ATA circuit on 70XXX

5. 381
    sp193

sp193 Developer

Home Page:
    I will appreciate it, but please beware that testing VMC is not without risk. Although I am pretty sure it should work for USB because I just moved the location of the code. This is unlike HDD support, whereby I actually wrote new code for reading the inode.

Sorry, I do not know about it. :(
    I know that there are (very) old threads in the OPL forums on the syntax, but I do not know how complete that information is.

You can try asking @Jay-Jay, since I remember he worked with themes.

It's not the same thing. Since the SPEED device was removed from the SCPH-75000 series and its logic integrated into the IOP, they had to create a new interface.
    However, the HDPro interface has no support for DMA and uses the ROM0 memory segment. So I guess, it feels like a hack... but a rather ground-breaking one at least.

Berion and kozarovv like this.
  6. 265
    RandQalan

RandQalan Moderator

@sp193 about SMB speed you did that way back when I told you it was faster now :D

7. 369
    psydefx

psydefx Member

@sp193 any chance you can try and fix twisted metal black for opl? this is one of those rare games that only seems to work with hdloader

jolek likes this.
  8. 381
    sp193

sp193 Developer

Home Page:
    It appears that the fragmentation check's logic for USB devices is flipped, so VMC cannot function.

Here is the new file: https://www.sendspace.com/file/gfvix4
    I do not think there are further problems. If nobody complains of anything related to my changes, then I shall issue a pull request.

I remember that, but I didn't ever boot a game via SMB until today. Thank you!

Sorry, but I am no longer involved in the development of OPL. This set of changes is just one of the favours I am doing for the team, since it hasn't been done since OPL was conceived.

EDIT: I have issued a pull request for the set of changes. Thank you all for your help!

@Berion: I managed to get VMC tested and fixed its problems. There is no longer a dire need to have more tests done, but thank you for your help nevertheless!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    Berion, bguerville and RandQalan like this.
  9. 6,869
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Hello @sp193 with last file you posted, one of users of our discord channel is saying that it not work with HD PRO. Also any previous version not work for him. His HDD is 500GB, and HD Loader from HD Pro is detecting it fine.

Error from latest OPL (test from post above): 400:hdd not detected

10. 381
    sp193

sp193 Developer

Home Page:
    Can he try v0.9.3? If the problem was already there, can he try v0.9.2? If v0.9.2 already has the problem, can he try v0.9.1 (assuming that v0.9.1 can support it)?
    If no known version of OPL can work with HDPro, then perhaps it wasn't working in the first place. To fix it then, I may need the HDPro version of HDLoader.

Is he a member here? Is he is, maybe I can communicate with him directly.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  11. 6,869
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
  12. 24
    sonic0467

sonic0467 Forum Noob

i think i did something wrong to get it work…but i have the hdpro installer elf
    download here:http://pan.baidu.com/s/1hsehXXU
    nothing can detect my hard drive except the hdloader

13. 381
    sp193

sp193 Developer

Home Page:
    So did you get it to work?

Thanks for the file.

14. 24
    sonic0467

sonic0467 Forum Noob

i can't get it work…

15. 1,473
    Berion

Berion Developer

You are on fire. :) When I unpacked my PS2, I read You already fixed everything. But oh well, I'll try at least make a skin which I promised someone two years ago.

kozarovv likes this.
  16. 381
    sp193

sp193 Developer

Home Page:
    Okay. Can you confirm if it is error 400 or 401?

If it is error 400, there will probably be only one place to check.
    (I am hoping it is really this one)

If it is 401, then there are a lot more possible areas to check and I do not know how easy it will be to fix.

I have successfully decrypted the encrypted modules within the HDPro installer. Our current HDPro ATAD module may have some mistakes that can cause different behaviour (i.e. WaitEventFlag instead of PollEventFlag), but the next step depends on whether you saw error 400 or 401.

Either way, thanks for volunteering!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  17. 24
    sonic0467

sonic0467 Forum Noob

it's 400.

DeViL303 and kozarovv like this.
  18. 381
    sp193

sp193 Developer

Home Page:
    Thank you!

Okay, could you please try this? Our current module has other issues as well, but perhaps this may be the direct cause of the problem (i.e. the extra writes may be confusing the HDPro device). I simply deleted the two lines here.

DeViL303 and kozarovv like this.
  19. 24
    sonic0467

sonic0467 Forum Noob

oh,thanks! i'll try this one since my hard disk is completely reformatted

kozarovv likes this.
  20. 24
    sonic0467

sonic0467 Forum Noob

it still doesn't work…
    here's how i use the opl
    so i use the installer to reinstall the hdl, and it shows up,then i use launchelf via a tool dvd to launch the opl,it still doesn't detect…

Tags: