There has been various fakes and imposter's hitting the scene(s), something we have seen over the years but it seems gaining a bit more attention and fooling more people then usual. To get a grasp on the situation we must realize what has changed from past generations compared to now. Social Media comes to mind and maybe is the biggest difference as many dev's are choosing platforms like twitter and facebook to release projects. In my view this is bad for various reasons, such as documentation of the community , but the biggest issue it opens the door for scammers to exploit unsuspecting user's and they have.... Its going to take a bit of habit changing/reverting trends but i think the scene(s) can limit these scams, here are some of my personal views about these issues ..
Ways that Scams and Fakes can be limited
- Developer's: Consider releasing your content on a trusted scene site and then link from your social media platform that post. Scams do not last on a trusted scene sites as moderators/members are always quick to remove/report these type of things, where as on social media there is no one that can really get it removed, bad comments can be made of course, but so can so many faked supportive ones to make things look legit.. So, if all or a majority released on a trusted platform then tweeted/pushed that release post in social media, then there is an extra layer of assurance provided that a scammer could not get away with it or replicate. This is how a noob should be educated to avoid scams.. This is how past generations worked and it was very effective and now i think the scammers have an advantage when the user's are now looking at social media as releases and they can fake things enough to fool people. Plus, another huge disadvantage to social media releases are mentioned things get lost, they can be hard to find and some great things do/will get even unnoticed completely.
- User's: If you see a scam, the first thing you must ask yourself, "How to avoid adding fuel to this". Some scams are designed to be effective by getting promoted with negative or positive retweets / shares / views ect.. Sometimes instead of sharing a link or video, rather share some good screenshots, warn people/expose the best way you see fit without promoting their content links . Often many times you see a scam video arise and people are re-tweeting and watching it and talking rightful jabs on it, but instead of 10 views it would have gotten now has 10,000 views and those are the things anyone wants to avoid doing with these scams and that is what we mean by not adding fuel to something.. . Also in general don't believe everything you see posted on youtube and social media, look to creditable and trusted sources for verification's, that is kind of why we have these sites ? ? .. ?? ..??..We have seen various people/sites do a number of things to try and curb these issues (standing ovation), while i can give a much deserved applause for the efforts as we have some good idea's with really good intentions to help fight this issue. However, personally I do not see these addressing the issue whatsoever but more coping with the issue and i think even indirectly could be abused/causing harm.: No one take my opinions personally, we are all on the same side and i think the goal is finding the best solution to educate the unsuspecting user. . So here are my opinions on a few things I have seen
- Trusted/Good Developer List - Various list have arose, these are great idea's but i think an impossible feat to correctly document everyone and keep updated, There's more missing people on those list then there is offensive people doing these scams, so its not giving the true sense of who is "Trusted" IMO, better then no list and those efforts in no way should be frown upon, but without doing it "balls to the wall" style (which is not easy on this task and doing it overtime as its needed), it creates a bit more confusion for a new user and is not teaching them to look for trusted sources, but rather trusted names and if we are teaching user's to look for trust by name, then again we are playing right into a scammer's hand as they now have a list (likely they knew of the names) but its a more a useful list as these are the names being pushed as trusted more so then others. So obviously those names would be prime candidates for scammer's to utilize.. Rather then such a list rather post the trusted sources that already filter our the scams... Trusted Site's for info XXX, XXX, XXX & XXXX , I think that is better education for user..
- "Exposed" website - An idea by Al Azif that is currently in development (so lets not be to judgemental as the dev is still working on this and likely various changes/new things to be added), Overall a great idea, but in my opinion not addressing the root issue and honestly i feel it has got off on a bad foot as seen with some of the site invited. Can't have an "exposed scam site" when there is invites to sites that have been part of the problem not the solution on many occasions. I am sure you can view the list here and see something i am talking about with special attention to Rules "0" and "4" also. Keep in mind that Al Azif is still developing but as i have been following some of the pages progress and the general layout of things, i have some concerns. This page is an example page: https://fakes.exposed/profiles/exmple user Above in my advice for "User's" in the community the goal is not to promote / spread the content. Even if the links are listed in a negative way. One example Search Engine's will see it linked on the new "exposed site:", that are being linked from the participating established sites and indexed along with legit inquires thus indirectly spreading this content (Update see Al Azif response on this issue) ,.. Essentially that is the water to the seed in regards to adding promotion to it, . Lets not allow scammers to use scene promotion against us.... We should expose them but we have to consider the best ways.I think people are on a bit of a bangwagon to expose and its not always the best route/only solution because after all these guys are always on a throwaway name, so what are we really exposing? If we just educate where the creditable stuff is located. We need to make it hard for scams to be effective in the first place and these idea's while in good intent does not address those issue or make it harder for a new scam behind to be limited. The creditable websites in the scene can play a big role in this but we need developer's to lead the way and revert to some past generations habits and make social media a secondary release point not the primary.
PlayStation News [Opinion] How to Control Scams & Frauds in the Scene(s)
By STLcardsWS on Aug 28, 2018 at 11:27 PM
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - August 2018 Progress Report --- Milestone UpdateMaybe you was already wondering. Today we already have the 21st of September and there is still no Progress Report from August available? But don't worry, the great Team behind RPCS3 didn't forget to keep you updated. Actually, the reason is very simple why they kept you uninformed which was even worth to wait. Not only that a lot of AAA Game Titles saw huge improvements in playability, they also crossed multiple new milestones. RPCS3 now supports over 1000 (in words: "ONE THOUSAND") Game Titles which are fully playbale! Yes you read it right. How amazing is that? And it's getting even better. When we look into the same Month's Progress Report from last year, RPCS3 supported roughly 400 Game Titles fully playable, which was very good as well back in that day. But getting more than double of Game Titles fully playable in only 12 months shows how strong this Emulator and it's Developers behind this Project are. So before you need to wait any longer because of this introduction, here are the updates.Continue reading
OrbisMAN [BETA] - PS4 Utility Homebrew by LightningModsThe PlayStation 4 Homebrew Community has been a little dry , but LigthingMods has stopped by the forum today to release a new PS4 homebrew Utility that is in the BETA phase. The application that runs on exploited 4.55 / 5.05 ps4 firmware has been dubbed "OrbisMAN". The application can perform a variety of abilities and task, some of the highlights include a functional Toolbox (in a XMB User-Interface) , also background FTP (while in the toolbox) for transferring your files to your PS4 and PC. All the functionality has been laid out in the release docs below, also the full changelogs of the testing phase have all been included in the details provided by the dev below as well:
PSP HD GUI V22.214.171.124 by TheDarkprogramerWhile PSP emulation on the PS4 is limited and many unknowns still exist on the PSP emulator used by the PS4, We are seeing some progressions in a few forms, recently developer mysis shared some additional details about PSP (on the PS4) and developer TheDarkProgramer has also now released the PSP HD GUI (v126.96.36.199) tool for preparing PSP games for your exploited PS4 with a great PS4 inspired UI. Making the process even easier then previous methods.
Unfortunately, until we learn more about PSP emulation on the PS4 game compatibility has been limited, you can view and also contribute to this PSP Compatibility list on the PS4 over at the PS4 dev wiki.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
PS2 SCUMM VM (LAST USB+IHD compatible version) think you can still find this elsewhere, COMPARE THEMScummVM Emulator (even the ScummVM website and Sourceforge dont have this version :) -UniqueUserName