PS2 OPL (Open PS2 Loader) - Latest Improvements

Discussion in 'PS2 News' started by STLcardsWS, Jul 22, 2018.

By STLcardsWS on Jul 22, 2018 at 10:55 AM
  1. 7,688
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

While we have seen PS2 developer like @sp193 busy with several new updates to Free Memory Card Boot (FMCB) exploit recently, the dev along with other PS2 devs like Maximus32 have been putting in some work and making some "HUGE Advancements" to OPL
    as @TnA details. Open PS2 Loader or better known as simply OPL is moving along nicely with the times and making great strides still in 2018, from here i will leave it to TnA who has summed up the various progressions of this very popular PS2 Project

logo.jpg
    PSX-Place.com >> Open PS2 Loader (OPL) Forum

• OPL - Huge Advancements
      Alright I open a thread specifically to make sure that not only those who are looking at the OPL-Thread see that!​

OPL is currently getting better every day!
      • THX to @sp193 and @Maximus32, the USB-Drivers of the PS2SDK became so good, that video-sequences (FMVs) in most games became a lot better! Some even play without stutters or atleast less of them! i.e. GoW FMVs work fluid now!

• SMB/LAN-Support has been optimized, THX to @sp193, who fixed some issues! Especially if your Network is quite extended, you might experience higher speeds and no disconnects anymore!

• The HiRes-GUI (1080i + 720p + EDTV + improved old Video-Modes) and all things related to it like HiRes-Covers or HiRes-Themes are currently MASSIVELY improved upon!

• A HiRes-Cover-DB is available (intended for testing)!

• Some old BMP-MemoryLeaks in 'gskit' have been fixed by @Maximus32, as well as some fixes to emptying and setting up the CLUT and/or some VRAM(-Management)-related bugs!

• This last thing (gskit and GUI-Fixes) is not yet in the different OPL-repositories&forks, except for @Maximus32 's, but it looks good and is likely to be included in the main-repo!

I thought I'd share it here, before hundreds of new YouTube-Videos pop up!:eek:

I hope that some more people get interested in some tests as well!​
      Best regards,
      @TnA

Additional Info about Open Ps2 Loader can be seen here:
    psx-place.com/threads/open-ps2-loader-v0-9-3.13415/

Automated daily build system for OPL & wLe
    (Test builds)

Source & Discussion Thread: psx-place.com/.....
    News Thread Closed for comments, please comment on the link above

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    SoJustMe, jolek, esc0rtd3w and 4 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS2 News' started by STLcardsWS, Jul 22, 2018.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.