While we have seen PS2 developer like @sp193 busy with several new updates to Free Memory Card Boot (FMCB) exploit recently, the dev along with other PS2 devs like Maximus32 have been putting in some work and making some "HUGE Advancements" to OPL as @TnA details. Open PS2 Loader or better known as simply OPL is moving along nicely with the times and making great strides still in 2018, from here i will leave it to TnA who has summed up the various progressions of this very popular PS2 Project
PSX-Place.com >> Open PS2 Loader (OPL) Forum
OPL - Huge Advancements
Alright I open a thread specifically to make sure that not only those who are looking at the OPL-Thread see that!
OPL is currently getting better every day!
- THX to @sp193 and @Maximus32, the USB-Drivers of the PS2SDK became so good, that video-sequences (FMVs) in most games became a lot better! Some even play without stutters or atleast less of them! i.e. GoW FMVs work fluid now!
- SMB/LAN-Support has been optimized, THX to @sp193, who fixed some issues! Especially if your Network is quite extended, you might experience higher speeds and no disconnects anymore!
- The HiRes-GUI (1080i + 720p + EDTV + improved old Video-Modes) and all things related to it like HiRes-Covers or HiRes-Themes are currently MASSIVELY improved upon!
- A HiRes-Cover-DB is available (intended for testing)!
- Some old BMP-MemoryLeaks in 'gskit' have been fixed by @Maximus32, as well as some fixes to emptying and setting up the CLUT and/or some VRAM(-Management)-related bugs!
- This last thing (gskit and GUI-Fixes) is not yet in the different OPL-repositories&forks, except for @Maximus32 's, but it looks good and is likely to be included in the main-repo!
- >>>Latest Commits for OPL (PSX-Place Edit)I thought I'd share it here, before hundreds of new YouTube-Videos pop up!Best regards,
I hope that some more people get interested in some tests as well!
Additional Info about Open Ps2 Loader can be seen here:
Automated daily build system for OPL & wLe
Source & Discussion Thread: psx-place.com/.....
News Thread Closed for comments, please comment on the link above
PS2 OPL (Open PS2 Loader) - Latest Improvements
By STLcardsWS on Jul 22, 2018 at 10:55 AM
PlayStation Developer Wiki is growing - Introducing PS1 & PS2 DevWiki !!!Well, well! You (probably) already heard about the several PlayStation Developer Wikis like for the PS3 and the PS4, but also for the handheld consoles like PSP and PSVITA, with it's strong communities and useful information for each wiki. But while the actual Console Generations were already satisfied with their own wikis, there was something missing. If you wanted to get some informations about older Sony Consoles, then we had to be honest - your informations kept very short. But since we speak about the "past tense form" from "has", the lack of useful information could change with your help. Thanks to the well-known user @GregoryRasputin, you can now contribute to a PS1 and PS2 DevWiki! Yeah, that's right. Sony's both first released home consoles are getting it's own dedicated wikis and everyone is welcome to contribute.Continue reading
OPL (Open PS2 Loader) - Latest Improvements
While we have seen PS2 developer like @sp193 busy with several new updates to Free Memory Card Boot (FMCB) exploit recently, the dev along with other PS2 devs like Maximus32 have been putting in some work and making some "HUGE Advancements" to OPL as @TnA details. Open PS2 Loader or better known as simply OPL is moving along nicely with the times and making great strides still in 2018, from here i will leave it to TnA who has summed up the various progressions of this very popular PS2 ProjectContinue reading
Free Memory Card Boot v1.964 Release - A Series of new updates for FMCB since June '18 by sp193
The PS2 Community is still going strong and developer @sp193 continues to make improvements across the board on the PS2, with some of the dev's latest work coming with a series of new updates to Free Memory Card Boot (FMCB), Since June of this year the dev has provided the progress and reports as seen in the thread (in the psx-place forums) and kept us informed. There has been alot of new changes since June and each of those changes can be seen in the "Recent Developments" along with some other details about the project be sure to view all links the dev has provided for additional details about this project if your a new comer to FMCB or the PS2.
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: