While we have seen PS2 developer like @sp193 busy with several new updates to Free Memory Card Boot (FMCB) exploit recently, the dev along with other PS2 devs like Maximus32 have been putting in some work and making some "HUGE Advancements" to OPL as @TnA details. Open PS2 Loader or better known as simply OPL is moving along nicely with the times and making great strides still in 2018, from here i will leave it to TnA who has summed up the various progressions of this very popular PS2 Project
PSX-Place.com >> Open PS2 Loader (OPL) Forum
OPL - Huge Advancements
Alright I open a thread specifically to make sure that not only those who are looking at the OPL-Thread see that!
OPL is currently getting better every day!
- THX to @sp193 and @Maximus32, the USB-Drivers of the PS2SDK became so good, that video-sequences (FMVs) in most games became a lot better! Some even play without stutters or atleast less of them! i.e. GoW FMVs work fluid now!
- SMB/LAN-Support has been optimized, THX to @sp193, who fixed some issues! Especially if your Network is quite extended, you might experience higher speeds and no disconnects anymore!
- The HiRes-GUI (1080i + 720p + EDTV + improved old Video-Modes) and all things related to it like HiRes-Covers or HiRes-Themes are currently MASSIVELY improved upon!
- A HiRes-Cover-DB is available (intended for testing)!
- Some old BMP-MemoryLeaks in 'gskit' have been fixed by @Maximus32, as well as some fixes to emptying and setting up the CLUT and/or some VRAM(-Management)-related bugs!
- This last thing (gskit and GUI-Fixes) is not yet in the different OPL-repositories&forks, except for @Maximus32 's, but it looks good and is likely to be included in the main-repo!
- >>>Latest Commits for OPL (PSX-Place Edit)I thought I'd share it here, before hundreds of new YouTube-Videos pop up!Best regards,
I hope that some more people get interested in some tests as well!
Additional Info about Open Ps2 Loader can be seen here:
Automated daily build system for OPL & wLe
Source & Discussion Thread: psx-place.com/.....
News Thread Closed for comments, please comment on the link above
PS2 OPL (Open PS2 Loader) - Latest Improvements
By STLcardsWS on Jul 22, 2018 at 10:55 AM
PS4 NES - Full Speed NES Emulator (5.05 FW) by m0rph3us1987
Last week we seen developer flatz add C# Code & OpenGL Support to the PS4 and slowly it has appeared that the homebrew scene is starting to gain some traction as we keep seeing new release and progress made forward,. Today developer m0rph3us1987 take's his POC NES Emulator and adds a full-Speed, the emulation is based on LaiNES emulator..With this version the dev has also stated PAL Roms will have better emulation then NTSC roms currently. You can see a sample of some footage of this ps4 homebrew in action via a short clip provided by @wa7ly on twitter.
This release is only for PS4 Firmware 5.05 (exploited)
4.83 OVERFLOW COBRA (v7.3 lite) CFW &- NoBD / NoBT versions Released@Bobby_Downgrades not only released a suite of 4.83 STANDARD CEX CFW for the PS3, but also a suite of 4.83 COBRA CFW, developer Alexander recently also released a COBRA CFW now he two will differ a bit as this one from @Bobby_Downgrades is based off COBRA v7.3 (a lite version), so while both are 4.83 Cobra CFW the payloads while very similar are different versions.. The COBRA Editions contain all the Standard CEX features plus the extra Cobra features, plugin support, ISO Support, Network Streaming Support for Game over your local network are just some of those features added with the Cobra payload. Additional information about this release can see below along with the NoBD and NoBT editions to go along for those damaged console that rely on those type of builds.Continue reading
4.83 OVERFLOW DualBoot Edition - The OFW for CFW user's@Bobby_Downgrades has provided 4.83 STANDARD CEX & 4.83 COBRA CFW, along with noBD & noBT versions for those console in need,but the developer did not stop there, as Bobby has one more firmware related released and this is a 4.83 DUALBOOT firmware.. Dualboot (DB) are not a CFW but rather an OFW for CFW user's. This is simply is a 4.83 OFW that has slight changes to allow the re-installation of a CFW.. THIS IS ONLY FOR CONSOLE THAT ARE ALREADY ON CFW , The idea and purpose behind it, is to allow a CFW user to play their disc based games on PSN without risk of a ban for being on a CFW. Has proved to be very effective. Then when you are done playing and want to return to your CFW, simple install a new CFW pup from the XMB, but again this is ONLY for CFW user's.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: