While we have seen PS2 developer like @sp193 busy with several new updates to Free Memory Card Boot (FMCB) exploit recently, the dev along with other PS2 devs like Maximus32 have been putting in some work and making some "HUGE Advancements" to OPL as @TnA details. Open PS2 Loader or better known as simply OPL is moving along nicely with the times and making great strides still in 2018, from here i will leave it to TnA who has summed up the various progressions of this very popular PS2 Project
PSX-Place.com >> Open PS2 Loader (OPL) Forum
OPL - Huge Advancements
Alright I open a thread specifically to make sure that not only those who are looking at the OPL-Thread see that!
OPL is currently getting better every day!
- THX to @sp193 and @Maximus32, the USB-Drivers of the PS2SDK became so good, that video-sequences (FMVs) in most games became a lot better! Some even play without stutters or atleast less of them! i.e. GoW FMVs work fluid now!
- SMB/LAN-Support has been optimized, THX to @sp193, who fixed some issues! Especially if your Network is quite extended, you might experience higher speeds and no disconnects anymore!
- The HiRes-GUI (1080i + 720p + EDTV + improved old Video-Modes) and all things related to it like HiRes-Covers or HiRes-Themes are currently MASSIVELY improved upon!
- A HiRes-Cover-DB is available (intended for testing)!
- Some old BMP-MemoryLeaks in 'gskit' have been fixed by @Maximus32, as well as some fixes to emptying and setting up the CLUT and/or some VRAM(-Management)-related bugs!
- This last thing (gskit and GUI-Fixes) is not yet in the different OPL-repositories&forks, except for @Maximus32 's, but it looks good and is likely to be included in the main-repo!
- >>>Latest Commits for OPL (PSX-Place Edit)I thought I'd share it here, before hundreds of new YouTube-Videos pop up!Best regards,
I hope that some more people get interested in some tests as well!
Additional Info about Open Ps2 Loader can be seen here:
Automated daily build system for OPL & wLe
Source & Discussion Thread: psx-place.com/.....
News Thread Closed for comments, please comment on the link above
PS2 OPL (Open PS2 Loader) - Latest Improvements
By STLcardsWS on Jul 22, 2018 at 10:55 AM
X-Project v1.5.5 - A big update from defaultdnb
Following the previous update, Developer DEFAULTDNB (aka KiiWii) is back again a large new update (v1.5.5) for the PS4 utility known as X-Project. This PS4 AIO "Swiss Army" knife for the PS4 is jam packed with immense functionality and has added even more abilities in v1.5.5. This Self Host utility will inject various payloads to your PS4 while containing other useful features, Additional details about this release for your 5.05 exploited PS4 can be seen in the included dialog below and even more important details can be seen in the link included at bottom of the article.Continue reading
[15x Update Feb. 16] HW Acceleration (RSX) Project Update by RenéRebe15x UPDATE (January 30) - Now the 15th Video Released >>> The next PS3 NVidia RSX accelerated X.org steps
(Original Article from Nov. 14) Is the PS3 a bit closer to gaining Hardware Acceleration (via RSX) in OtherOS (Linux) with a proper driver to enable the GPU chip? We are not there, but we may be getting closer to a reality. Earlier this year (back in April) we detailed some of the progress that the busy dev RenéRebe has made with unlocking the potential of the PlayStation 3's RSX chip and now today we have been greeted with a new video and what we can expect with this project as the developer starts to undertake the challenge of further unlocking one more component of the Ps3 hardware,. The developer has alot of videos on other intresting subjects in his diverse YouTube channel >>> (Bits and More) <<< many very informative video's..Continue reading
4.84 Dualboot Firmware (Choose a release from littlebalup or Overflow)We have two version of 4.84 Dualboot firmware that was released for CFW user's. One by developer @littlebalup and also one by developer @Bobby_Downgrades (Overflow) (bobby did make a mistake on his previous Overflow dualboot version but is an experienced developer and took full credit for the mistake while trying to making it right for user's that had issues.) .Now for those of you who do not know about a DB firmware, A dualboot firmware is an official firmware with one key difference and that being it has the ability to install a CFW over it. An idea originally brought to the scene by @habib
So here is the scenario you on CFW already (this is only for CFW user's only) and you have your Gran Turismo 5 (or any disc game) like pictured and you want to play/connect to PSN. However you do not want to be banned and want to reduce your chance of a ban . The good news is you can by simply installing a dualboot firmware for the latest firmware, in this case in one of these 4.84 release and when your done gaming online with your disc based game and you want to play Super Mario Bros. or the Legend of Zelda on your PS3 through RetroArch simply re-install the 4.84 CFW of your choice and be back in CFW land of features, This has been a very effective way to avoid bans on games like first person shooter that are much more proactive in detecting modded consoles (as they should be) ..Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- User Record:
- Latest Member: