PAL PS3 runs ALL PS1 games in 1080p50 regardless of their region

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by spanishnerd, Sep 17, 2018.

1. 5
    spanishnerd

spanishnerd Forum Noob

So I've got this CECH-20xx PS3 with CFW Ferrox 4.82 and I can't get it to run NTSC games in 60hz and PAL games in 50hz, when I run them in webMAN it always does the same stupid thing of running NTSC games in 50hz. I managed to edit the /setting/display/tvSystem entry in the xRegistry.sys file to force the system to run ALL games in 1080p 60hz, but this is very impractical, as I would have to either edit or replace the file with the appropriate setting every time I want to run a PAL in 50hz or an NTSC game in 60hz.

Is there a more practical way to do this, that made the console actually run the games the way they were supposed to?

Thanks in advance.

2. 3,177
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Im not sure where is the cause of the problem (static cfw patches, or cobra, or webman, etc...), but you have hitted a nail ;)
    There is a problem related with resolution/hz of PS1 games

3. 4,237
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Home Page:
    This is not really what you want, but I made an xmb mod a while back that would give you options on the XMB for swapping between different xregistry files (also has options for boot_plugins.txt) , it uses webman for the file operations. its only tested on Rebug though.

http://www.psx-place.com/resources/configuration-manager.549/

It allows you to just click on an XMB icon to swap xreg files with auto reboot after copying to load them, quite quick. You would just need to create 2 xregistry files with your required settings, and put those into the folders.

It works by adding a browser shortcut like this to the XMB, I suppose you could also create some bookmarks in the browser that would do the same thing from there if you wanted, that way you would not need to install anything.
    Code:
    http://localhost/copy_ps3/dev_hdd0/game/CONFIGMAN/USRDIR/xRegistry.sys_switcher/xRegistry.sys_1/xRegistry.sys&to=/dev_flash2/etc/;/copy_ps3/dev_hdd0/game/CONFIGMAN/USRDIR/xRegistry.sys_switcher/xRegistry.sys_1/xRegistry.sys&to=/dev_flash2/etc/backup/?restart.ps3
    Code:
    http://localhost/copy_ps3/dev_hdd0/game/CONFIGMAN/USRDIR/xRegistry.sys_switcher/xRegistry.sys_2/xRegistry.sys&to=/dev_flash2/etc/;/copy_ps3/dev_hdd0/game/CONFIGMAN/USRDIR/xRegistry.sys_switcher/xRegistry.sys_2/xRegistry.sys&to=/dev_flash2/etc/backup/?restart.ps3
    To use those as bookmarks you would just need to create the folders like this and put an xregistry.sys file into each one.
    dev_hdd0/game/CONFIGMAN/USRDIR/xRegistry.sys_switcher/xRegistry.sys_1
    dev_hdd0/game/CONFIGMAN/USRDIR/xRegistry.sys_switcher/xRegistry.sys_2

Then add the 2 links above to the browser as bookmarks, then you could swap without using any other apps or ftp etc.

4. 5
    spanishnerd

spanishnerd Forum Noob

Whoops! looks like Ferrox doesn't like your plugin. I copied the files to the directory stated in the instructions of it, then rebooted using webman's restart.ps3, after rebooting, the screen went black, then a message popped up, "the system could not start properly, press the PS button to restart." So I ended up reinstalling the firmware, as I was locked in a loop un which the system would reboot, load the xmb, black out, restart and disk check endlessly.

5. 4,237
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Home Page:
    Yes, mods made for Rebug often dont work on any other CFW. you could still use the bookmark method. As you have installed the pkg from my mod it will have created the required folders for you on the hdd.

6. 5
    spanishnerd

spanishnerd Forum Noob

there's nothing i can do to fix this or make it more handy when using ferrox then? :(