Pinky’s PS3 Tutorials

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Guides' started by pinky, Mar 14, 2015.

1. 9,517
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

Pinky’s PS3 Tutorials

Hello. My name is Pinky. Let me preface my list by saying that I didn't discover all of these hacks. Where needed, I have credited the person who had originally discovered the hack (at the bottom of the applicable tutorials). Out of respect, all of these tutorials and accompanying files are my own. :) All templates are now the original repack ones. However, 3 of the links have temp in place of the link itself, because they need to be reuploaded. A few more tutorials were added during my absence, but most are relatively the same as before. I’ve added changing the clock icon/date/time to the coloring tutorial. And, I’ve posted a few more images at the bottom including a micro/macro boot through the coldboot script and vertical xmb waves.

★ Recover All External Game Data Games After HDD Corruption Without Installation ★

• Tutorial:
      • Recover All External Game Data Games After HDD Corruption Without Installation
      Author:
      Description:
      • I discovered a nifty trick for game data tool after my internal hdd got corrupted. You can trick the system into thinking all games are installed without having to reinstall them. This works best if your using game data tool with games stored on the external hdd, but it should work for anything if your want to bypass installation.
      View attachment 5507
      ----------------------------------------------------

• Step 1. Connect your external hdd to the computer, extract the pkg(s), or ftp content from your internal hdd.

• Step 2. Open cmd prompt: Shift+right click (open command window here)

• Step 3. Within cmd prompt, type:
      Code:
      robocopy [source folder] [destination folder] PARAM.SFO /E

Note:
      This will copy the files you specified as well as all directories (file-wise or not) from the source folder to the destination folder. This is the bare minimum of what the system will think is a full game. Additionally, you can drag and drop the source/destination folders into the cmd prompt window (remember to place a space between them) instead of typing them out manually.

• Step 4. Transfer the folders to dev_hdd0/game (fastest if using a direct connection).

• Step 5. Proceed to the recovery menu and rebuild the database. Your games should then appear in xmb. You can then delete whatever game folders you wish from the internal hdd (if using game data tool) or copy over your "complete" games to the internal hdd (if not using game data tool) and override the files there (assuming your trying to do a batch install directly to the internal hdd).

Note:
      You only need the PARAM.SFO in order for the restore database function to assume it's a full game. This is due to the indexing file stored on the internal hdd recording only the SFO file information during installation. Using this method, I had managed to install about 2.5TB of data while only taking up a few Megabytes of space. Also, this works with mandatory installs, dlc, and games.

• Step 1. Connect your external hdd to the computer, extract the pkg(s), or ftp content from your internal hdd.

Step 2. Open cmd prompt: Shift+right click (open command window here)

Step 3. Within cmd prompt, type:

Code:
      robocopy [source folder] [destination folder] PARAM.SFO /E

Note:
      This will copy the files you specified as well as all directories (file-wise or not) from the source folder to the destination folder. This is the bare minimum of what the system will think is a full game. Additionally, you can drag and drop the source/destination folders into the cmd prompt window (remember to place a space between them) instead of typing them out manually.

Step 4. Transfer the folders to dev_hdd0/game (fastest if using a direct connection).

Step 5. Proceed to the recovery menu and rebuild the database. Your games should then appear in xmb. You can then delete whatever game folders you wish from the internal hdd (if using game data tool) or copy over your "complete" games to the internal hdd (if not using game data tool) and override the files there (assuming your trying to do a batch install directly to the internal hdd).

Note:
      You only need the PARAM.SFO in order for the restore database function to assume it's a full game. This is due to the indexing file stored on the internal hdd recording only the SFO file information during installation. Using this method, I had managed to install about 2.5TB of data while only taking up a few Megabytes of space. Also, this works with mandatory installs, dlc, and games.

★ How To Alphabetize All XMB Content ★

• Tutorial:
      • How To Alphabetize All XMB Content
      Author:
      Description:
      • Here's my tutorial on how to sort all XMB content (including dlc and game data) and change the sorting text. Also, if you rebuild the database for whatever reason, the sorting methods will remain in place. Only if you reinstall the fw or update the fw will all, aside from the explore_view.txt, revert back, but this can be remedied with PUAD as you'll be injecting the modified flash files before installing the fw.
      View attachment 5507
      ---------------------------------------------------

• Note: I thought I'd put this at the beginning of the tutorial to preface an issue you shouldn't have to deal with. I'd recommend backing up the original flash files. You can maximize the amount of available space within the flash (only 16MB if using a NOR console) which can cause flash files to become truncated; if this happens, you'll have to reinstall the fw. None of these files should brick your system if used improperly, but corrupted or improperly modified files can cause the system to restart upon hitting xmb, cause xmb not to load up, cause icons to vanish, or cause the system to restart when opening the quit game menu.

Step 1: Launch Multiman and enable flash access (near the bottom of the system tier).

Step 2: Extract the explore_plugin_full.rco from the following location:

Code:
      dev_blind/vsh/resource
      and, extract the explore_view.txt from the following location:

Code:
      dev_hdd0/home/0000000x (profile that you  want to change)/etc

Note:
      After you've obtained all files, disable flash access afterward to prevent rsod when turning off the system.

Step 4: Now, we'll start with the explore_view.txt first. Open explore_view.txt with notepad and find this line:

&root.sort_selected.game_format=sort_game.time_created_descend&root.sort_selected.game_tags=sort_game.time_created_ascend&root.sort_selected.game_all=sort_game.time_created_descend

and, change that to:

&root.sort_selected.game_format=sort_game.title_descend&root.sort_selected.game_tags=sort_game.title_ascend&root.sort_selected.game_all=sort_game.title_descend

This will change the time created sorting mechanic to alphabetical.

You can also download my explore_view.txt which is already modified:

Code:
      http://www.mediafire.com/download/fi05kd3q3cdmpo0/EV.rar
      The explore_view.txt is generic, so it will work on any cfw. There are variations within the rco and xml files of various cfw, such as the rebug toolbox location listed as an available pkg install location within the flash of rebug, but these steps will work on any cfw. Thus, I have not provided modified versions of those files.

Step 5: Now, in order to change the text within XMB, download rcomage:

Code:
      http://www.ps3hax.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=362
      and, notepad++

Code:
      http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.4.2.html
      Step 6: Open rcomage. By default, it will be set to dump which is what we want. Click separate resource types into separate folders and decode vsmx scripts (nothing else should be ticked). Then, click browse next to RCO input and select your explore_plugin_full.rco. You can name the subsequent xml file to anything since it will only be used to recomple the rco.

Step 7: You should now have the file you just named alongside an Images and a Text folder. Open notepad++, click on the Text folder, and open the English file. From there, find the portion that says:

<Text name="msg_created_date_time_r">Creation Date </text>

and, change that to:

<Text name="msg_created_date_time_r">Alphabetical </text>

Step 8: Now, we will recompile the rco. Select xml input and choose the file that you had named before (the file outside of the folders). Then, select zlib as header compression and compile with RCO Output and name the file explore_plugin_full.rco.

• Step 1: Grab the registory.xml from:

Code:
      dev_blind/vsh/resource/explore/xmb
      Step 2: Open the file with notepad++ or any other text editor, and find this string:

<Table key="sort_game">
      <Pair key="time_created_descend"><String>sort=-Game:Common.stat.rating-Game:Common.timeCreated+Game:Common.titleForSort-Game:Game.category</String></Pair>
      <Pair key="time_created_ascend"><String>sort=-Game:Common.stat.rating+Game:Common.timeCreated+Game:Common.titleForSort-Game:Game.category</String></Pair>

and, replace with:

<Table key="sort_game">
      <Pair key="time_created_descend"><String>sort=-Game:Common.stat.rating-Game:Common.title+Game:Common.titleForSort-Game:Game.category</String></Pair>
      <Pair key="time_created_ascend"><String>sort=-Game:Common.stat.rating+Game:Common.title+Game:Common.titleForSort-Game:Game.category</String></Pair>

Note: If you'd like to change the other sorting mechanics, always change the portion that says timeCreated. The + and - before GAME:Common (right before the location of change) indicates ascend or descend. As this denotes, it's backwards from the location within the explore_plugin_full.rco. Modify with caution as a typo could require a reinstallation of the fw considering you won't be able to change the sorting mechanic if nothing is displayed.

Step 3: If you have your explore_plugin_full.rco file (explained above in the explore_view.txt portion), replace this portion:

<Text name="msg_created_date_time_f">Creation Date </Text>
      <Text name="msg_created_date_time_r">Creation Date </Text>

with,

<Text name="msg_created_date_time_f">Alphabetical </Text>
      <Text name="msg_created_date_time_r">Alphabetical </Text>

Note: I've highlighted the difference in maroon. As you can see, the sorting text is backwards from the way it's written within the registory.xml. You can either change the +/- positions in the registory.xml or change the up/down portion in the explore_plugin_full.rco. Don't do both. You can also replace the other sorting fields. The text is right below the portion I listed above within the registory.xml and explore_plugin_full.rco respectively.

• Step 1: Extract the category_game.xml from the following location:

Code:
      Step 2: Open the category_game.xml with any text editor and scroll down to:

Code:
      View id="seg_gamedata"
      within the long string, find (highlighted with red and yellow):

src="xcb://localhost/query?limit=2048&table=MMS_MEDIA_TYPE_HDD&sort=-Game:Common.timeCreated&cond=Ae+Game:Game.category GD+Oe+Game:Game.category 2D" />

and, replace that with:

src="xcb://localhost/query?limit=2048&table=MMS_MEDIA_TYPE_HDD&sort=+Game:Common.titleForSort&cond=Ae+Game:Game.category GD+Oe+Game:Game.category 2D" />

Note: The + and - before Game also designate ascend or descend respectively just like the registory.xml.

Step 3: Now, reenter Multiman and reenable flash access. Transfer the files back to their original locations.

Note:
      Disable flash access afterward to prevent rsod when turning off the system. You're now done!

Here is a collection of files I compiled for rebug 4.46.1 Rex:

Code:
      http://www.mediafire.com/download/grr9o24izvn1741/ALPHA.rar
      hope you all find this helpful. :)

• Thanks to Anonymous for discovering alphabetical sorting for psn games with the explore_view.txt

Thanks to Shaitan for discovering alphabetical sorting for dlc/gamedata with the category_game.xml.

★ How To Change And Create Your Own Coldboot (Normal & Colored) ★

• Tutorial:
      • How To Change And Create Your Own Coldboot (Normal & Colored)
      Author:
      Description:
      • Here's my tutorial on how to change and create a coldboot (i.e. rebug, rogero, etc. logo when you boot up the system). Also, coldboots are generic, so the same coldboot files will work on 3.55 cfw as well as 4.xx cfw.
      View attachment 5507

• Step 1: Enter Multiman and enable flash access (near the bottom of the system tier).

Step 2: Go to this location:
      Code:
      dev_blind/vsh/resource
      Step 3: Now, simply replace the coldboot.raf, coldboot_stereo.ac3, and the coldboot_multi.ac3 with whichever coldboot you wish. You can create or download them. And, as with any flash files, it's recommended you backup the original.

Here's the one I was using (I am not responsible for creating this):

Code:
      http://www.mediafire.com/download/ktcg0z31amfwmpl/SBOOT.rar
      It's the Sega Logo. :)

Note:
      Disable flash access once you're done or you could receive rsod when you reboot the system.

• Step 1: First, download my compiled files (includes original repack logo .dds, .gtf, and coldboot files, HxD for hex editing, simplyzip for decompressing, first characters file for adding in the extension, dds2gtf and gtf2dds to convert the visual files, xviD4psp to create the ac3's, audacity to edit the sound files, and fully-extracted coldboot content such edge, skel, and script files):

Code:
      http://www.mediafire.com/download/v18f7245582cu7t/WCB.rar
      and, in order for photoshop to handle .dds files correctly, you'll need this plugin:

Code:
      https://www.mediafire.com/file/5fyhd2qp337h3h6/File%20Formats.rar
      Place them in the plug-ins/file format folder within the photoshop directory.
      Step 2: Install the applicable programs if they are not already.

Step 3: Now, obtain your coldboot.raf, coldboot_multi.ac3, and coldboot_stereo.ac3 from:

Code:
      dev_blind/vsh/resource

Note:
      Disable flash access once you're done or you could receive rsod when you reboot the system.

Step 4: Once the files are on your computer, open HxD, copy the first seven blocks (extension) of the coldboot.raf into a new hex file (will be useful later). Then, delete them:

Code:
      5F 52 41 46 00 19 11 40
      Step 5: Now, open up simplyzip, select externalprogs, zlib, decompress, and click on your coldboot.raf.

Step 6: For the image files, you can use the supplied .dds files or create your own. You'll need six files, 3 for high-definition (new_logo, new_logo_blur, and new_logo_footer) as well as 3 for standard definition (new_logo_sd, new_logo_sd_blur, and new_logo_sd_footer). The resolutions need to be 700x350 and 240x120 respectively. For the sake of clarity, I'll name each file: new_logo, new_logo_blur, and new_logo_footer, new_logo_sd, new_logo_sd_blur, and new_logo_sd_footer.

Step 7: Edit the visual files however you wish. Whenever you save, use these settings for the .dds:

Code:
      8  L  8 bpp | luminance with grey scale selected in image options w/ generate mip maps selected as all.

Note:
      These save options are to guarantee that the image is in black and white as well as the appropriate size. Also, make sure the footer image and the top of the logo do not overlap. The easiest method to create all photos is to begin with a 700x350 canvas, create the image at the top, save as new_logo.dds with the aforementioned settings, now add blur (filter, blur, gaussian) and save as new_logo_blur.dds. Finally, create the footer however you wish and save as new_logo_footer.dds. Afterward, open each image and change the image size to 240x120 and save as new_logo_sd.dds, new_logo_sd_blur.dds, and new_logo_sd_footer.dds respectively.

Step 8: Now, with the supplied dds2gtf, drag and drop each .dds file into the program to produce a gtf counterpart.

Step 9: Once you've finished, open up your coldboot file in HxD, click on edit, select block, and finally type in the starting block and the ending block for each image. Once you've done that, drag and drop each gtf into HxD to open it up. Click on the gtf hex boxes and use Ctrl+A to select the entire hex series. Override the applicable hex series of the coldboot file with paste+write. Here are the hex offsets for each gtf file within the coldboot:

Code:
        Start  End

new_logo.gtf =  1A50  7874F
      new_logo_footer.gtf =  78750  EF44F
      new_logo_blur.gtf =  EF450  16614F
      new_logo_sd.gtf =  166150  17404F
      new_logo_sd_footer.gtf =  174050  181F4F
      new_logo_sd_blur.gtf =  181F50  18FE4F

Note:
      Offsets are not case-sensitive, so you can search for them using lowercase letters as well.

Step 10: Once you've saved, open simply zip, and compress the coldboot. After that, add in the beginning 7 blocks (first char file if you didn't save the blocks yourself):

Code:
      5F 52 41 46 00 19 11 40
      Step 11: Remove the extension that simply zip created, and readd .raf - coldboot.raf

• Step 1: Download the dynamic theme editor from here (contains repack coldboot raf and .dds):

Code:
      http://www.mediafire.com/download/xgg938yil9r8k28/CCB.rar
      Step 2: Open the dynamic theme editor, select Angel Senki, and choose step 2 (edit the DDS files), and open AS_chara01.gtf_1.dds.

Step 3: Alter both the rgb (colored) and the alpha channels (white) with the coldboot you wish.

Note:
      My suggestion is to change the file as you wish within the original photo then copy and ctrl+V (paste). With the alpha, I'd suggest copying that second, then filling it with white while it's highlighted. Ctrl+V (paste) will assure both the alpha and rgb are synchronous.

Step 4: Once you're finished, save with these settings:

Code:
      DXT5  ARGB  8 bpp | interpolated alpha w/ generate MIP maps set at 2

Note:
      You should now have a file that's 500 kilobytes. :)

Step 5: Now, tick every box in step five except As_chara01.edge. Then, select start. Once it finishes, hit Enter.

Note:
      By editing additional .dds files along the coldboot script (explained in the normal coldboot tutorial), it's possible to create dynamic coldboots. Once you've completed the coldboot, make sure the coldboot is not too large once compressed or the file may truncate as it's being transferred to the flash resulting in corruption.

Step 6: Click step 3, and you'll find a file named Anim_1.jpg. Rename that file to coldboot.raf. That file will be your colored raf (easily determined with a hex editor due to the raf extension within the first few blocks).

Step 7: Now, enable multiman's flash access and transfer the file to:

Code:
      dev_blind/vsh/resource

Note:
      Disable flash access once you're done.

• It's possible to manipulate the coldboot's configuration (VSMX) script which can be found at the bottom of the decompressed raf file as per above. You'll be able to manipulate the size, duration, fade-in/fade-out, location, etc. for your coldboot. This works for both colored and normal coldboots. :) For this example, I'll use the VSMX script from my original ps3repack logo coldboot, but you can use your own if you wish. Just search for VSMX, highlight the offsets, scroll down to the bottom of the decompressed coldboot, and copy the hex series into another hex file. I'd recommend saving that file as coldboot.jsx for clarity's sake. The .jsx extension is the encoded version of the script file while the .js extension is the decoded version of the script file. Alternatively, you can drop the decompressed coldboot into p3textractor.exe to extract the coldboot image(s) and configuration files. Just remove the _1.gim extension. You'll know which file is the script file, because it'll have the .jsx extension before _1.gim.
      Step 1: Download my compiled files (contains decoded/encoded coldboot script, rcomage, and bat files). If using your own script file, drag the file into the same folder as these files. Delete my decoded/encoded script files beforehand, and rename your .jsx file (if it isn't already) to coldboot.jsx:

Code:
      http://www.mediafire.com/download/vjrv9h7j7tf8uys/CBS.rar
      Step 2: In order to decode, hold down the shift key and click the right button on your mouse. Then, select "Open Command Window Here." Now, type this command:

Code:
      rcomage.exe vsmxdec coldboot.jsx coldboot.js

Note:
      Each image file is separated by its own set of configuration settings, so you can manipulate any image however if you wish. I'd recommend notepad++ to open and manipulate the coldboot.js file.

Step 3: In order to reencode, save your selection and type this command:

Code:
      rcomage.exe vsmxenc coldboot.js coldboot.jsx

Note:
      I've included a bat file for encode/decode which contains the command lines for each. Double-click each one if you want to decode/encode quickly. Just make sure the file names are coldboot.jsx or coldboot.js respectively. Also, if you receive an error in which a 0KB file is output, it's most likely due to unique characters being present in the script. This can happen with Asian characters, so take note of them if they exist in your script file.
      Step 4: Open the coldboot (decompressed) file along with the coldboot.jsx (the one you just reencoded), and "GOTO" offset 18FE50 of the coldboot. Highlight the entire coldboot.js file, copy, and paste+write over the entire VSMX section of the coldboot file. Once you're finished, compress the file as you would normally (explained above).

• There are only a few slight variations to make the coldboot full-screen, and there's no reason to use the script file for this method. The only real difference here is that you'll want to use either the Prince of Persia or Heavy Rain background file (1920x1080 is their image size): SOT_Theme_BackGround.gtf_1.dds (Prince of Persia) or bg.gtf_1.dds (Heavy Rain). The method (normal image and alpha) is the same as before. However, you'll want to use these save settings:

Code:
      DXT5  ARGB 8 bpp | interpolated alpha w/ Generate MIP maps set at 1

Note:
      Also, you should whiteout all other image files in order to reduce the size of the coldboot unless you want the coldboot to be dynamic. You can do that by altering the script and the other image files. However, make sure the coldboot isn't too large or it'll be truncated when transferring to the flash.
      The coldboot will also be centered and stationary. Now, the steps are the same as before.

• If you wish to replace the original audio, coldboot_stereo.ac3 and coldboot_multi.ac3, you'll need XviD4PSP. This is very easy to use.

Step 1: Click open to select the audio you wish to convert to ac3. The program will store temp files on the drive that the source is located.

Note:
      Since only the audio will be recorded, you can use either an audio or a video source.

Step 2: Now, make sure you enable these settings:

Code:
      Format: Audio
      Filtering: Disabled
      Color Correction: Disabled
      Video Encoding: Disabled
      Audio Encoding: A3C 640K Quality
      Now, select start for wherever you wish to start recording followed by end for wherever you wish to stop. Once you're happy with the selection, click trim.

Note:
      A coldboot ac3 file cannot be more than 8-9 seconds long (before epilepsy screen on applicable fw's), so I'd suggest staying within the 6 second range.
      Step 3: Now, simply click encode with the filename coldboot_stereo.ac3 followed by encoding a second time with filename coldboot_multi.ac3.

Note:
      If you wish to add audio effects (i.e. fade-in, fade_out, etc.), select mp3 as the audio encoding type. Now, open the sound file with audacity and add your effects. You may need to install lame to encode the modified files as MP3. Audacity will detect whether or not you have lame installed and offer to take you to the download page if it isn't. Once you're finished, open the mp3 with XviD4PSP and perform the above steps to encode the mp3 into the appropriate files.

Step 4: Once everything is the way you'd like, transfer the coldboot.raf, coldboot_multi.ac3, and coldboot_stereo.ac3 to:

Code:
      dev_blind/vsh/resource
      You're done!

Note:

• Step 1: Download gtf2dds from here:

Code:
      http://www.mediafire.com/download/cwl6ykdevqya6q5/G2D.rar

Note:
      Any other tools mentioned are available within my other tutorials.

Step 2: Drop the coldboot.raf into a hex editor and remove the first 7 blockd:

Code:
      5F 52 41 46 00 19 11 40
      Step 3: Open simplyzip, external progs, zlib, decompress, and select your coldboot.raf.

Step 4: Now, drop the unpacked coldboot into p3textractor.

Note:
      You'll have six (3 hd; 3 sd) files if using the method above or one if using the colored coldboot method below.

Step 5: Remove the _1.gim at the end of each file.

Step 6: Now, simply drop the file(s) into gtf2dds so that you can view it/them in photoshop.

Note:
      If you're looking to check audio, it's as simple as transferring the audio files from your flash to your pc and using XviD4PSP.

You're done!

• Thanks to eustolio for discovering how to hex edit the coldboot.raf.

★ How To Use Update Debug ★

• Tutorial:
      • How To Use Update Debug
      Author:
      Description:
      • Here's my brief tutorial on using update debug (part of the qa flagging debug settings). In my opinion, this is the best method to upgrade/downgrade fw, because you can store up to 20 update pups on your hard drive for safe-keeping or to eliminate the hassle of requiring a specific file name (i.e. ps3updat.pup).
      View attachment 5507

• Step 1. First, we need to install rebug toolbox in order to set the qa flag token (debug menu type = qa).

• Step 2: Scroll to system settings/network settings. Don't open network settings; instead, hold these buttons down which will make debug settings appear beneath network settings:

Code:
      L2 + L1 + R1 + R2 + L3 + D-pad Down

• Step 3. Enable update debug in the debug settings tier.

• Step 4. Enter mm and open the mmos file manager.

• Step 5. On the root of your hard drive (dev_hdd0), create a folder named updater.

• Step 6. Within the updater folder, create folders 01, 02, 03, etc depending on how many update files you have or dump all update pups into a folder named 01.

Note:
      Use the former method if you want your update pups in a specific order.

• Step 7. Withn each of those folders, drop a ps3updat.pup file. However, instead of using the ps3updat.pup name, you can name the update file to anything (i.e. REBUG REX 4.46.1), and the .pup extension isn't required.

• Step 8. In order to upgrade/downgrade, go over to system update within xmb, and update via system storage. You will be presented with a list of all update files that are on your hard drive along with whatever names you had previously selected for them.

• Step 1. First, we need to install rebug toolbox in order to set the qa flag token (debug menu type = qa).

Step 2: Scroll to system settings/network settings. Don't open network settings; instead, hold these buttons down which will make debug settings appear beneath network settings:

Code:
      L2 + L1 + R1 + R2 + L3 + D-pad Down
      Step 3. Enable update debug in the debug settings tier.

Step 4. Enter mm and open the mmos file manager.

Step 5. On the root of your hard drive (dev_hdd0), create a folder named updater.

Code:
      dev_hdd0/updater
      Step 6. Within the updater folder, create folders 01, 02, 03, etc depending on how many update files you have or dump all update pups into a folder named 01.

Note:
      Use the former method if you want your update pups in a specific order.

Step 7. Withn each of those folders, drop a ps3updat.pup file. However, instead of using the ps3updat.pup name, you can name the update file to anything (i.e. REBUG REX 4.46.1), and the .pup extension isn't required.

Step 8. In order to upgrade/downgrade, go over to system update within xmb, and update via system storage. You will be presented with a list of all update files that are on your hard drive along with whatever names you had previously selected for them.
      I hope you all find this useful. :)

★ How To Transfer PSX/PS2 Saves to the PS3 ★

• Tutorial:
      • How To Transfer PSX/PS2 Saves to the PS3
      Author:
      Description:
      • This tutorial assumes that you already have the psx/ps2 saves you wish to transfer. You can transfer them from your ps2 using ulaunch elf or via your pc. Remember: transfer psx saves as raw (copy and paste) since there is no file format for them; transfer ps2 as psu since they do have a file format and require extra header information. You'll be in trouble if you get them confused. :)
      View attachment 5507

• Step 1: Open an ftp connection or manually enter:

Code:
      dev_hdd0/savedata/vmc
      Step 2: Within this directory, you'll see VM1 and VM2 extensions or ps1 and ps2 memory cards respectively. Transfer the VM1 and VM2 (if you want to inject PS2 saves) cards to your pc.

Step 3: Now, rename VM1 to MCR

Step 4: Open memory card rex:

Code:
      http://www.mediafire.com/download/bbw4ae4yeikyqqb/MCR.zip
      Step 5: Click open to select the memory card then click import to inject the saves into the memory card.

Step 6: Once your finished, click save, rename the extension back to VM1, and transfer the memory card to its original location.

Step 7: Now, the files will not appear right away. Boot any ps1/psn game then exit. The saves should now be available.

• This is basically the same process as the psx saves except you'll be using VM2 and mymc (the same app used for ps2 classics' save transfer):

Code:
      http://www.mediafire.com/download/38tc55dmrzgpn2r/mymc.zip

Note:
      Remember to enter and exit a ps2 game for your saves to appear. I don't believe a ps2 classic will work as it uses a different file format and is located in a different section. Also, mm utilizes its own saves for ps1 within the PSXISO folder on the root of your internal or external drive. Grab that vm1 (same file name as the bin/cue just different extension) and follow the above instructions to import/export between the ps1, ps2, or disc games on the ps3. If your having issues with a memory card (i.e. corrupted with no slots appearing in memory card rex), try this: export the save from the original memory card (i.e. within the PSXISO folder), grab the VM1 from dev_hdd0/savedata/vmc. Then, change its extension to mcr, open memory card rex, import your original save, transfer the memory card to the game location with the file name being the same as the bin/cue files for that particular game, and finally change the extension back to VM1.

I hope you all find this helpful. :)

★ How To Change And Create Your Own Gameboot ★

• Tutorial:
      • How To Change And Create Your Own Gameboot
      Author:
      Description:
      • Here's my brief tutorial on how to change and create your own gameboot (i.e. the image displayed whenever you boot a game or an app which was taken out w/ ofw 2.80).
      View attachment 5507

• Step 1: Enter Multiman and enable flash access (near the bottom of the system tier).

Step 2: Go to this location:

Code:
      dev_blind/vsh/resource
      Step 3: Now, simply replace the custom_render_plugin.rco. You can create or download this file. And, as with any flash file, it's recommended you backup the original with .bk or something similar.

Here's the one I use (I did not create this gameboot; it's only for testing purposes):

Code:
      http://www.mediafire.com/download/g8h29ek4tnubrw4/CRP.rar
      It's the Playstation 3 name. :)

Note:

• Step 1: Download these files I made (these are from rebug 4.46 rex):

Code:
      http://www.mediafire.com/download/baqaky14i48tr4d/MGB.rar
      and rcomage:

Code:

Note:
      The files above are both the extracted and compiled versions of an iso gameboot I created. Or, you can use your own gameboot file, custom_render_plugin.rco in:

Code:
      dev_blind/vsh/resource
      Step 2: Extract the custom_render_plugin.rco with rcomage. Leave the default options ticked.

Step 3: Once that's complete, open up tex_ps3logo.png (in the images folder) with photoshop or some other photo-editing software.

Step 4: If using photoshop (I'll assume as such), click the rectangular marquee tool (2nd from the top in the vertical tool box), and scroll over the white box and hit clear (under edit, clear) to remove all text. Now, you can either imbed graphics or text within the box. However, make sure neither images nor text branch outside of the box or they won't appear. Since the background will be black, I wouldn't recommend using black text or images. Any other color plus transparency seems to work best. Once finished, click save or ctrl+S, and you're done.

Note:
      You can change the position of the gameboot, its size, and even its depth with the accompanying xml file (the one you named).

Step 5: Recompile the rco with the compile button of rco mage with the header compression set at zlib.

Step 6: Enable dev_blind in MM, and transfer the compiled rco to:

Code:
      dev_blind/vsh/resource

Note:

Now, exit out of multiman and open up any app to see if the gameboot displays. Enjoy!

• Step 1: Grab the game_ext_plugin.sprx. (in the vsh/module folder of the internal flash)

Step 2: Decrypt with scetool using this command line:

Code:
      scetool -d game_ext_plugin.sprx game_ext_plugin.prx
      Step 3: Edit the hex by way of this:

Code:
      FW 3.00 - 4.50
      find the byte sequence:  38 80 00 00 7B E3 00 20
      replace with:            38 80 00 00 38 60 00 02

FW 4.53+
      find the byte sequence:  2F 89 00 00 7B C3 00 20
      replace with:            2F 89 00 00 38 60 00 02
      Step 4: Then, use this code sequence:

Code:
      scetool –verbose --template game_ext_plugin.sprx --sce-type=SELF --skip-sections=FALSE --compress-data=TRUE --encrypt game_ext_plugin.prx game_ext_plugin.sprx
      If you want to add your own gameboot, the conversion code is as follows:

Code:
      gimconv.exe tex_ps3logo.png -o tex_ps3logo.gim --format_style psp --format_endian big --image_format dxt5
      Enjoy!
    • Thanks to mysis for determining the hex for this mod. :)

★ How To Build A Custom XMB Wave ★

• Tutorial:
      • How To Build A Custom XMB Wave
      Author:
      Description:
      • Here's my tutorial on how to change your xmb wave.
      View attachment 5507

• Step 1: Download this rar file (contains simplyzip, HxD, notepad++, all of my .DDS files, Wave Settings, proc_iridescent.tga, fre~.tga, the first characters of the 4.46 hex, and a 0’d out positioning red and white wave with added length, spacing, and speed along with a decompressed lines files for easy modification). Install all applicable files if you do not have them. Also, you might want to install Photoshop as well.

Code:
      http://www.mediafire.com/file/16wusvm3bx04mvs/CXMBW.rar
      Step 2: Enable flash access in Multiman, and grab your lines.qrc file from:

Code:
      dev_blind/vsh/resource/qgl

Note:

Step 3: Open up HxD and drag-and-drop or open up the lines.qrc file directly, copy the first 7 blocks (00-07) of offset 00000000 into a blank hex file. Save this file as first char since it'll be needed later. Now, delete those first 7 blocks in the lines.qrc file.

Note:
      The header appears to be different between 3.41, 3.55, and 4.46 (the one that's in my pack). However, whether you're on Rogero or Rebug, it won't matter. As long as you're on the same fw version (i.e. 4.46), they'll be interchangeable. Supposedly, there's a difference between pal and ntsc lines.qrc, but after doing a comparison, I've not found any difference personally. Perhaps, there was a difference in sub 4.xx fw, but there's no difference between pal and ntsc in 4.46.

Step 4: Now, open up simplyzip, click external progs, zlib unpack, decompress, and select your lines.qrc file.

Step 5: Open up HxD again (if it isn't already) and drag-and-drop the lines (no extension) file.

Step 6: You'll have to override hex offsets in order to change the background color, wave settings, or prog_iridescent.tga. Here are the offsets (best if using edit, select starting block, select ending block, ctrl+A to select all of the.dds, wave settings, etc. hex then copy and paste-write to copy over each hex series quickly and easily):

BACKGROUND COLORS SELECTION/THEME
      BACKGROUND COLORS "Original" (Changes Every Month)
      Start End Start End
      rgb-01.dds = 13250 15D6F night-01.dds = 337D0 362EF
      rgb-02.dds = 15D70 1888F night-02.dds = 362F0 38E0F
      rgb-03.dds = 18890 1B3AF night-03.dds = 38E10 3B92F
      rgb-04.dds = 1B3B0 1DECF night-04.dds = 3B930 3E44F
      rgb-05.dds = 1DED0 209EF night-05.dds = 3E450 40F6F
      rgb-06.dds = 209F0 2350F night-06.dds = 40F70 43A8F
      rgb-07.dds = 23510 2602F night-07.dds = 43A90 465AF
      rgb-08.dds = 26030 28B4F night-08.dds = 465B0 490CF
      rgb-09.dds = 28B50 2B66F night-09.dds = 490D0 4BBEF
      rgb-10.dds = 2B670 2E18F night-10.dds = 4BBF0 4E70F
      rgb-11.dds = 2E190 30CAF night-11.dds = 4E710 5122F
      rgb-12.dds = 30CB0 337CF night-12.dds = 51230 53D4F

SCRIPT TGA

Start End Start End

Wave Settings = 39F0 E15F noise.tga = E160 1137F
      fre~0.tga = 11590 11BBF
      fre~1.tga = 11BC0 121EF
      fre~2.tga = 121F0 12A1F
      fre~.tga = 12A20 1324F
      proc_iridescent.tga = 6A790 7A7BF

Note:
      The colors chosen above are the actual colors of each corresponding background. Also, offsets are not case-sensitive, so you can search for them using lowercase letters as well.

Step 7: The .DDS files are the background of xmb with rgb being for themes while night is for the standard, no-theme xmb; each subsequent number follows a month (notice how the color of xmb changes with each month? these are the files responsible for that).

Note:
      The wave will change color as it passes through colored portions of the background. The proc_iridescent.tga can manipulate the wave colors, but it's not needed if you want to use simple colors. I've modified my lines.qrc with glowball1's original. However, there's a slight difference that I've noticed. The second line of the header is different, so I've injected the 4.46 header over glowball1's. Also, if you save the file in Photoshop as the last few hexes are zeroed out, so just type 00's at the bottom of the file to complete the offset. The proc_iridescent.tga within my pack has already had this done. :)

Step 8: Now, what we want to do is extract the .dds files or use the ones I've provided. You can extract these files by going to each offset and copying the entire hex series until you get to the next .dds file (designated by DDS at the beginning of the right-hand bar or the offsets I've given above. Also, night-12.dds will stop at the subsequent ELF file or offset 53D5F). Now, open up a new file and paste the .dds hex series. Save the file like they are above and load them in Photoshop. If you don't already have the necessary plugin, download this:

Code:
      https://www.mediafire.com/file/5fyhd2qp337h3h6/File%20Formats.rar
      Place them in the plug-ins/file format folder within the photoshop directory.
      Note: Make sure you download the one for your Photoshop version or you'll receive an error upon loading the .dds. Also, the ones I've provided are black only. I find that black produces a much more vibrant look to the wave itself.

Step 9: After you've extracted and manipulated the .dds and proc_iridescent.tga (if you choose to), open each .dds and the tga in HxD. Press Ctrl+A and copy the hex series of each file. Proceed to your lines file and select paste-write to write over the original hex values for each file. You'll know if you've done this correctly, because the files' will write over the original hexes without overlapping the next .dds or .elf file(s).

Note:
      Here are the save settings for the .dds files:

Code:
      8:8:8:8 ARGB (32-bit) w/ generate mip maps and the number 5 in the drop box
      and, the save settings for the targa (tga) are:

Code:
      32 bits/pixel
      I'd only advise manipulating the proc_iridescent.tga for added wave-coloring. The noise.tga is responsible for the particles that appear on xmb. However, this can be turned off via an option within the xmb itself. I believe the fre~.tga files are responsible for the aging of the backgrounds. If you've noticed, the backgrounds become darker depending on the time of day. They're separated into red, green, and blue with many variations of each color. Anyway, there's no need to modify these files either.

Note:
      If your save settings are incorrect, the hexes will not match as the .dds files with either be too long or too short. This is likely modifiable, but using these save settings are the safest and easiest method.

Step 10: Now, we're going to manipulate the Wave Settings (color or shape; for this tutorial, I'll only be doing color for now) with notepad++, so open notepad++ and select your Wave Settings. What we want to manipulate is:

3 RED:float:

3 GREEN:float:
      3 BLUE:float:
      4 RED:float:
      4 GREEN:float:
      4 BLUE:float:

Note:
      The 3 series is for the left hand portion of the wave while the 4 series is for the right hand portion.

Step 11: Copy over each portion including the subsequent number all the way to the hundredths place. Now, press CTRL+H to replace the content with your own values (percentage of red, green, and blue).

Example:

Find what: 3 RED:float:2.88
      Replace with: 3 RED:float:1.80

Go here to determine the percentages:

Code:
      http://www.december.com/html/spec/colorper.html
      Now, as an example, we'll use the color Thistle from that page with RGB percentages: 71%, 31%, 61% or RGB respectively.

Note:
      Since 3.0 represents 100% in the Wave Settings, we'll multiply the percentage by 3 and place the decimal before the tenths place like this:

R: 71*3 = 213 = 2.13

G: 31*3 = 0.93
      B: 61*3 = 183 = 1.83

Also, you can go to this website. If you've found a particular color you like in an image somewhere, open the image in photoshop, nab the color code, transfer it over to the box on that website, and press enter. the rgb that's displayed is using the 300 scale, so use the rgb in the same manner as if you had already multiplied the percentage by 300 (i.e. 217 = 2.17; 89 = 0.89).

Code:
      http://chir.ag/projects/name-that-color
      You'll plug these numbers into their corresponding sections of red, green, and blue with 3 being the left side of the wave and 4 being the right side of the wave. In other words, you can have two different colors simultaneously or just use the same color across the
      entire wave.

Note:
      Remember to copy the entire section, 3 RED:float:2.88 for example, and select replace all. The reason for this is that it will only change all that fall into these parameters. If you do not copy the 3 RED:float: portion as well as the numbers up to the hundredths place, you could replace the wrong sections.

Step 12: Now, once you've modified the Wave Settings file, open up the Wave Settings file in HxD and copy the entire portion then go to the applicable offset of your lines file and replace that hex series ending with: 834.............. or offset E15F. Again, you'll know that it has worked properly as the Wave Settings won't overwrite any other portion.

• The settings below the coloring affect the wave's shape. You can manipulate it anyway you'd like. Here are the primary settings (make sure to replace characters, not add or subtract them or the offsets won't match); rule of thumb is 0 is the lowest possible setting with 9 being the highest, so there will be no hex issues if you utilize that format:

Code:
      LENGTH - the higher the value, the longer the wave
      SPACING - the lower the value, the longer the wave
      THINNESS - the higher the value the thicker the wave
      BRIGHTNESS - the higher the value, the brighter the wave
      TIMESTEP - the higher the value, the faster the wave
      X, Y, Z wave positioning on screen with 0 being center; -9 being far left; 9 being far right
      Step 13: Once you've saved your lines file, open up simplyzip, select externalprogs, click Zlib, and compress your lines file. This will result in lines.zlp. Open up that file in HxD, and write insert the first 7 blocks of the header again (first char file). Save and change the extension to .qrc.

Step 14: Now, transfer that file back to its applicable location in the flash:

Code:

Note:

Note:
      Exit Multiman to see if has worked. If the system freezes (i.e. softbrick), reinstall the fw in the recovery menu. Corruption of this file will not result in a permanent brick, so there's no need to worry about that. Also, don't worry if the qrc u've made is smaller than the original file. Since the file is compressed, a series of black .dds files will be significantly smaller than a series of .dds files that are all unique colors.
    • Thanks to Glowball1 of ps3hax for discovering this awesome mod.

★ How To Create An Edat Package ★

• Tutorial:
      • How To Create An Edat Package
      Author:
      Description:
      • Here's my tutorial on how to create an EDAT pkg.
      View attachment 5507
      -----------------------------------------------------

• Step 1: Download my compiled files and drop them into a folder on your desktop:

Code:
      http://www.mediafire.com/download/ko7c3lsxy47dj02/epkg.rar
      Step 2: Open make_edat_pkg.txt with notepad:

Code:
      echo ContentID = [COLOR=#FF7F00][B]EP0001-NPEB00149_00-TMNTRESHELLED002[/B][/COLOR]>package.conf
      echo Klicensee = 0x00000000000000000000000000000000>>package.conf
      echo DRMType = Local>>package.conf
      echo ContentType = License>>package.conf
      echo PackageVersion = 01.00>>package.conf
      make_package_npdrm.exe package.conf [COLOR=#FF7F00][B]NPEB00149[/B][/COLOR]
      pause
      Step 3: For the above entries in teal, enter the content ID of the content and the title id of the game respectively.

Step 4: Now, change the .txt extension to .bat and double-click it. A package with an edat and PS3LOGO.DAT will be created. Simply install the pkg afterward.

Note:
      You do not even need an edat in order to create one with a generic free license. The above is used for creating an edat from scratch as there's no actual data inside of the edat itself. Whenever an edat is used merely as a license file, the data inside is usually a raw image. If you'd like to create an edat of an image or any file, you can use TrueAncestor in order to generate one.

• This is very easy to do.

Step 1: Extract the rar below anywhere on your pc/laptop:

Code:
      http://www.mediafire.com/download/uby1vmyohyscsnq/MC00PKG.rar
      Step 2: Make sure nothing is selected. Hold down shift and right-click on the mouse. Now, select Open Command Window Here.

Step 3: In the CMD window, type:

Code:
      MakeUnlockC00PKG.exe -o (desired package name with .pkg extension and without the parenthesis) content id

Note:
      You can determine the content id by opening the PARAM.SFO.
      Step 4: Click enter and you're done. Just install on your ps3 as normal.

Note:
      The C00 Edat will be installed to the profile that's signed in at the time. Also, you may have to disable your anti-virus application, because it may see MakeUnlockC00PKG.exe as a false positive. Reenable once finished. Enjoy!

• The above is not what you'd find in a typical pkg that contains only an edat. Those are generally theme packages. Creating one is a relatively easy process.

Step 1: Open up the package.conf file and copy the following (I'll be using the above example):

ContentID = EP0001-NPEB00149_00-TMNTRESHELLED002
      Klicensee = 0x00000000000000000000000000000000
      DRMType = FREE
      ContentType = Theme
      PackageVersion = 01.00

Note:
      The Content ID will need to match the accompanying rap in order for the theme to be decrypted. However, the content ID is irrelevant if you've fixed the theme package to accept a free klicense.

Step 2: Now, drop the theme edat/p3t into two separate folders like the example below:

TMNTRESHELLED
      TMNTRESHELLEDCONTENTS

Note:
      The CONTENTS portion must be a part of the second folder or make_package_npdrm will fail to create the theme package.

Step 3: Open a cmd window (mouse right-click + shift with nothing selected) within the folder with your package.conf and make_package_npdrm.exe files and type the following:

Code:
      make_package_npdrm.exe package.conf [drag-and-drop the TMNTRESHELLED folder's location without the brackets] [drag-and-drop the TMNTRESHELLEDCONTENTS folder's location without the brackets
      Step 4: Press Enter. You've now successfully created a theme package. :)

• Normally, a package, unless it's a theme package, contains an SFO. The SFO information is stored in a metadata indexer located here:

Code:
      dev_hdd0/mms/db
      The purpose of installs is to aid in loading information stored on the hard drive. Instead of the system loading every file (what the xbox 360 does), the system only needs to load the metadata indexer to know what's stored on the hard drive. That file is usually around 10MBs or so. Anyway, there's a method to install a file anywhere you'd like using an override command
      like this (using the above example):

ContentID = EP0001-NPEB00149_00-TMNTRESHELLED002
      DRMType = FREE
      ContentType = Theme
      PackageVersion = 01.00
      ForcedInstallTo = TMNT

The Content Type is the base folder of where the contents of the package will install; the ForcedInstallTo is the location from within the base folder where the contents of the package will install. The ForcedInstallTo location will override the folder name used when generating the package.

Note: To install anywhere (not just the base location), add ../ followed by the location you wish to install to (i.e. ../tmp/). The .. indicates that you're going up a directory. If you have the ContentType = as either gamedata, game, or gameexec, you'll go up one director to the dev_hdd0 root where you can then install anywhere. Each ../ indicates going up one directory, so multiple uses of it will redirect the package install location. Be warned that this will create a blank space on the xmb due to no PARAM.SFO being installed. The install is recorded in the metadata indexer, but it has no parameters through the PARAM.SFO; thus, no information is recorded aside from its location.

★ How To Know Whether A Package Is Corrupted ★

• Tutorial:
      • How To Know Whether A Package Is Corrupted
      Author:
      Description:
      • Have you ever wondered what causes the most common package install error: 80029564? Well, whenever a package is installed, the system checks the sha1 checksum in order to determine pkg integrity. Each package install is stored in a temporary folder, INST, throughout the install. If an install fails, the pkg content that was installed will still be in the INST folder along with a corrupted data icon on xmb. Anyway, the footer of each package contains a generated sha1 of the package (not counting the footer itself). Here's an example to see for yourself
      View attachment 5507
      -------------------------------------------------------------

• Download these files I've compiled and store them all in a single folder on your desktop:

Code:
      http://www.mediafire.com/download/z7c9izb3a87c127/PHC.rar

• Open EP0001-NPEB00149_00-TMNTRESHELLED002.pkg with any hex editor (I personally use HxD for everything) and scroll down to the bottom two lines:

Code:
      35 5F C9 EF 78 16 F9 DB 99 B6 78 3A F4 D1 59 90
      30 A2 2F 84 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
      The sha1 is everything up 'til the continuous 00 blocks (padding).

• Delete those two lines and save (a backup will be created, so you won't have to use save as.

• Open up command prompt (shift+right click and open command window here) and type:

Code:
      fciv -sha1 EP0001-NPEB00149_00-TMNTRESHELLED002.pkg
      The sha1 will be displayed, and as you can see, it'll match the last two lines of the complete pkg. This is what the system uses to determine package integrity. Of course, there are other ways in which package corruption may occur, but this is by far the most common.

• Step 1: Download these files I've compiled and store them all in a single folder on your desktop:

Code:
      http://www.mediafire.com/download/z7c9izb3a87c127/PHC.rar
      Step 2: Open EP0001-NPEB00149_00-TMNTRESHELLED002.pkg with any hex editor (I personally use HxD for everything) and scroll down to the bottom two lines:

Code:
      35 5F C9 EF 78 16 F9 DB 99 B6 78 3A F4 D1 59 90
      30 A2 2F 84 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
      The sha1 is everything up 'til the continuous 00 blocks (padding).

Step 3: Delete those two lines and save (a backup will be created, so you won't have to use save as.

Step 4: Open up command prompt (shift+right click and open command window here) and type:

Code:
      fciv -sha1 EP0001-NPEB00149_00-TMNTRESHELLED002.pkg
      The sha1 will be displayed, and as you can see, it'll match the last two lines of the complete pkg. This is what the system uses to determine package integrity. Of course, there are other ways in which package corruption may occur, but this is by far the most common.

★ How To Open The System Information Menu ★

• Tutorial:
      • How To Open The System Information Menu
      Author:
      Description:
      • This isn't much of a tutorial, but if you'd like to open up the system information menu which contains build information (version, cex/dex, etc.).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

• Step 1:
      • Go to System Settings/System Information on the xmb.

• Step 2:
      • Hold Down :but l1: + :but r1: + :dir left:+ :but square: for a few seconds.

• Step 3:
      • Now, release the buttons and immediately press :but start:..
      • Note: The :but start: button must remain pressed for the menu to remain unless you press :dir left: once. The only real advantage to this menu is that you can definitively determine the console type you are using: kiosk, shop, cex, dex, etc.

• Step 1: Go to System Settings/System Information on xmb
      • Step 2: Hold Down L1+R1+left on the directional pad+square for a few seconds.
      • Step 3: Now, release the buttons and immediately press start.
      Note: The start button must remain pressed for the menu to remain unless you press left on the directional pad once. The only real advantage to this menu is that you can definitively determine the console type you are using: kiosk, shop, cex, dex, etc.

★ How To Remove Content/Change Category Names In XMB ★

• Tutorial:
      • How To Remove Content/Change Category Names In XMB
      Author:
      Description:
      • This is a fairly simple tutorial in regards to removing content (i.e. psp application data, install package files, etc.) within xmb as well as changing the category names. I may append this tutorial later with information on adding content or deleting entire tiers.
      View attachment 5507
      ---------------------------------
    • Download the files I've compiled (rcomage, notepad++, explore_plugin_full.rco, and category_game.xml). You only need rcomage and notepad++ (if you don't already have a sufficient text editor), but the other two files (from 4.46 rex) are my examples with explore_plugin_full.rco listing the game tier as PS3ISO Content and category_game.xml having had the ps vita section removed (who needs it anyway? :p)

Code:
      http://www.mediafire.com/download/d3a4y2binfjd54k/CDC.rar
    • Now, enable flash access in multiman and proceed to these two locations:

Code:
      dev_blind/vsh/resource
      to grab the explore_plugin_full.rco.

And,

Code:
      to grab any category xml file. For the example, I'll be using category_game.xml to remove the ps vita application utility.

Note:
    • Open category_game.xml with notepad++ or any text editor and delete these lines:
      Code:
                  <Query
                      class="type:x-xmb/folder-pixmap"
                      key="seg_psp2appdata"
                      src="#seg_psp2appdata"
                  />
      and,

Code:
          <View id="seg_psp2appdata">
              <Attributes>
                  <Table key="psp2appdata">
                      <Pair key="icon_rsc"><String>tex_album_icon</String></Pair>
                      <Pair key="icon_notation"><String>WNT_XmbItemAlbum</String></Pair>
                      <Pair key="title_rsc"><String>msg_vita_application_utility</String></Pair>
                      <Pair key="str_noitem"><String>msg_error_no_content</String></Pair>                
                      <Pair key="action"><String>exec_psp2appdata</String></Pair>
                  </Table>
              </Attributes>
              <Items>
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpsp2appdata" key="psp2appdata"  attr="psp2appdata"/>
              </Items>
          </View>
          <View id="seg_psp2appdata_vita">
              <Attributes>
                  <Table key="psp2appdata_vita">
                      <Pair key="title_rsc"><String>msg_applications_vita</String></Pair>
                       <Pair key="type"><String>vita</String></Pair>
                  </Table>
              </Attributes>
              <Items>
                  <Item class="type:x-xmb/xmlpsp2appdata-cont" key="psp2appdata_vita" attr="psp2appdata_vita" />
              </Items>
          </View>
          <View id="seg_psp2appdata_psp">
              <Attributes>
                  <Table key="psp2appdata_psp">
                      <Pair key="title_rsc"><String>msg_applications_psp_other</String></Pair>
                      <Pair key="type"><String>psp</String></Pair>
                  </Table>
              </Attributes>
              <Items>
                  <Item class="type:x-xmb/xmlpsp2appdata-cont" key="psp2appdata_psp" attr="psp2appdata_psp" />
              </Items>
          </View>
          <View id="seg_psp2appdata_ps1">
              <Attributes>
                  <Table key="psp2appdata_ps1">
                      <Pair key="title_rsc"><String>msg_applications_ps1</String></Pair>
                      <Pair key="type"><String>ps1</String></Pair>
                  </Table>
              </Attributes>
              <Items>
                  <Item class="type:x-xmb/xmlpsp2appdata-cont" key="psp2appdata_ps1" attr="psp2appdata_ps1" />
              </Items>
          </View>
          <View id="seg_psp2appdata_psm">
              <Attributes>
                  <Table key="psp2appdata_psm">
                      <Pair key="title_rsc"><String>msg_applications_psm</String></Pair>
                      <Pair key="type"><String>psm</String></Pair>
                  </Table>
          </Attributes>
          <Items>
              <Item class="type:x-xmb/xmlpsp2appdata-cont" key="psp2appdata_psm" attr="psp2appdata_psm" />
              </Items>
          </View>
      Note: The ps vita is referred to as both the ps vita as well as psp2 as per the first portion.
    • Save and open rcomage. Tick these two options: Separate resource types into separate folders and decode VSMX Scripts. Now, click Dump (you can name the xml anything you wish).
    • Now, open the Text/English folder. At the top of the file will be a list of tier categories. Change them to whatever you'd like.
    • Recompile the rco with the same rco name, explore_plugin_full.rco, and click zlib as header compression.
    • Transfer the files back to their original locations on your system.

Note:
      As always, remember to disable flash access afterward.
      You're done!

Note: With the category_game.xml, you can also alter the package install location. Near the bottom of the file, you'll find the install paths as well as their deletion paths (if on rebug). og (rebug) refers to the root install path, usb install location refers to the packages' folder (rebug) or the root (rogero, et al) on the usb (hdd as well if on rogero et. al), and hdd install location refers to the packages' folder on the internal hdd (if on rebug, rebug toolbox is also supplementary to the hdd install path even though it's contained within the flash). Just replace one of the existing install paths, and you'll be fine. Remember to do the same for the deletion path if on rebug. :) Here's a comparison between Rogero 4.46.1 and Rebug 4.46 Rex:

Code:
          <View id=[COLOR=#FF7F00][B]"seg_packages"[/B][/COLOR]>
              <Items>
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_host" src="host://localhost/q?path=/app_home/&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_bdvd" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_bdvd&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_ms"  src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_ms&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb0" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb000&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb1" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb001&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb2" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb002&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb3" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb003&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb4" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb004&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb5" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb005&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb6" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb006&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb7" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb007&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_hdd0" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_hdd0/packages&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package"/>
              </Items>
          </View>
      Note: The yellow above indicates the root or the packages folder on the internal hdd as you can see at the bottom of the list. This should be applicable to other non-dex fw as well.

Code:
          <View id=[COLOR=#FF0000][B]"seg_install_files_og_path"[/B][/COLOR]>
              <Items>
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_host" src="host://localhost/q?path=/app_home/&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_bdvd" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_bdvd&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_ms"  src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_ms&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb0" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb000&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb1" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb001&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb2" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb002&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb3" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb003&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb4" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb004&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb5" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb005&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb6" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb006&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb7" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb007&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
              </Items>
          </View>
      Code:
          <View id=[COLOR=#FF0000][B]"seg_delete_files_og_path"[/B][/COLOR]>
              <Items>
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_host" src="host://localhost/q?path=/app_home/&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_bdvd" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_bdvd&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_ms"  src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_ms&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb0" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb000&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb1" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb001&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb2" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb002&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb3" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb003&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb4" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb004&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb5" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb005&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb6" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb006&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb7" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb007&suffix=.pkg" />
              </Items>
          </View>
      Code:
          <View id=[COLOR=#00FF00][B]"seg_install_usb_path"[/B][/COLOR]>
              <Items>
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_host" src="host://localhost/q?path=/app_home/packages/&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_bdvd" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_bdvd/packages&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_ms"  src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_ms/packages&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb0" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb000/packages&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb1" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb001/packages&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb2" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb002/packages&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb3" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb003/packages&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb4" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb004/packages&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb5" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb005/packages&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb6" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb006/packages&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb7" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb007/packages&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
              </Items>
          </View>
      Code:
          <View id=[COLOR=#00FF00][B]"seg_delete_usb_path"[/B][/COLOR]>
              <Items>
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_host" src="host://localhost/q?path=/app_home/packages/&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_bdvd" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_bdvd/packages&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_ms"  src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_ms/packages&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb0" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb000/packages&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb1" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb001/packages&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb2" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb002/packages&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb3" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb003/packages&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb4" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb004/packages&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb5" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb005/packages&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb6" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb006/packages&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb7" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb007/packages&suffix=.pkg" />
              </Items>
          </View>
      Code:
          <View id=[COLOR=#0000FF][B]"seg_install_files_hdd0_path"[/B][/COLOR]>
              <Items>
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_flash" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_flash/rebug/packages&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package"/>
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_hdd0" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_hdd0/packages&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package"/>
              </Items>
          </View>
      Code:
          <View id=[COLOR=#0000FF][B]"seg_delete_files_hdd0_path"[/B][/COLOR]>
              <Items>
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/folder-pixmap" key="host_provider_hdd0" attr="host_provider_hdd0" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_hdd0/packages&suffix=.pkg"/>
              </Items>
          </View>
      Note: Above, red indicates install/deletion paths for packages on the root, green indicates the install/deletion paths for packages within the packages folder on the root aside from the internal hdd, and blue indicates the install/deletion paths for packages within the packages folder on the internal hard drive as well as path for the rebug toolbox package within the flash. As you can see, the rebug toolbox package location within the flash isn't listed as a deletion path. You can replace any of these locations.

How To Remove Entire Tiers/Categories - This is fairly easy, so I'll keep it short. You need the xmb_plugin_normal.rco and the xmb_ingame.rco. Grab each from your dev_blind.

Then, extract with rco mage. After that, go into the main xml file, and delete the tiers you don't want from Object Tree/Page name/XMenu name/XMList name. After that's done, scroll to XMenu - menus: "0xa." Now, change that to reflect how many tiers you want. "0xa" = 10; "0x5" = 5. It's that simple.

Thanks to Sandungas for telling me how to remove entire tiers

• Step 1: Download the files I've compiled (rcomage, notepad++, explore_plugin_full.rco, and category_game.xml). You only need rcomage and notepad++ (if you don't already have a sufficient text editor), but the other two files (from 4.46 rex) are my examples with explore_plugin_full.rco listing the game tier as PS3ISO Content and category_game.xml having had the ps vita section removed (who needs it anyway? :p)

Code:
      http://www.mediafire.com/download/d3a4y2binfjd54k/CDC.rar
      Step 2: Now, enable flash access in multiman and proceed to these two locations:

Code:
      dev_blind/vsh/resource
      to grab the explore_plugin_full.rco.

And,

Code:
      to grab any category xml file. For the example, I'll be using category_game.xml to remove the ps vita application utility.

Note:

Step 3 Open category_game.xml with notepad++ or any text editor and delete these lines:

Code:
                  <Query
                      class="type:x-xmb/folder-pixmap"
                      key="seg_psp2appdata"
                      src="#seg_psp2appdata"
                  />
      and,

Code:
          <View id="seg_psp2appdata">
              <Attributes>
                  <Table key="psp2appdata">
                      <Pair key="icon_rsc"><String>tex_album_icon</String></Pair>
                      <Pair key="icon_notation"><String>WNT_XmbItemAlbum</String></Pair>
                      <Pair key="title_rsc"><String>msg_vita_application_utility</String></Pair>
                      <Pair key="str_noitem"><String>msg_error_no_content</String></Pair>                
                      <Pair key="action"><String>exec_psp2appdata</String></Pair>
                  </Table>
              </Attributes>
              <Items>
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpsp2appdata" key="psp2appdata"  attr="psp2appdata"/>
              </Items>
          </View>
          <View id="seg_psp2appdata_vita">
              <Attributes>
                  <Table key="psp2appdata_vita">
                      <Pair key="title_rsc"><String>msg_applications_vita</String></Pair>
                       <Pair key="type"><String>vita</String></Pair>
                  </Table>
              </Attributes>
              <Items>
                  <Item class="type:x-xmb/xmlpsp2appdata-cont" key="psp2appdata_vita" attr="psp2appdata_vita" />
              </Items>
          </View>
          <View id="seg_psp2appdata_psp">
              <Attributes>
                  <Table key="psp2appdata_psp">
                      <Pair key="title_rsc"><String>msg_applications_psp_other</String></Pair>
                      <Pair key="type"><String>psp</String></Pair>
                  </Table>
              </Attributes>
              <Items>
                  <Item class="type:x-xmb/xmlpsp2appdata-cont" key="psp2appdata_psp" attr="psp2appdata_psp" />
              </Items>
          </View>
          <View id="seg_psp2appdata_ps1">
              <Attributes>
                  <Table key="psp2appdata_ps1">
                      <Pair key="title_rsc"><String>msg_applications_ps1</String></Pair>
                      <Pair key="type"><String>ps1</String></Pair>
                  </Table>
              </Attributes>
              <Items>
                  <Item class="type:x-xmb/xmlpsp2appdata-cont" key="psp2appdata_ps1" attr="psp2appdata_ps1" />
              </Items>
          </View>
          <View id="seg_psp2appdata_psm">
              <Attributes>
                  <Table key="psp2appdata_psm">
                      <Pair key="title_rsc"><String>msg_applications_psm</String></Pair>
                      <Pair key="type"><String>psm</String></Pair>
                  </Table>
          </Attributes>
          <Items>
              <Item class="type:x-xmb/xmlpsp2appdata-cont" key="psp2appdata_psm" attr="psp2appdata_psm" />
              </Items>
          </View>
      Note: The ps vita is referred to as both the ps vita as well as psp2 as per the first portion.

Step 4 Save and open rcomage. Tick these two options: Separate resource types into separate folders and decode VSMX Scripts. Now, click Dump (you can name the xml anything you wish).

Step 5 Now, open the Text/English folder. At the top of the file will be a list of tier categories. Change them to whatever you'd like.

Step 6 Recompile the rco with the same rco name, explore_plugin_full.rco, and click zlib as header compression.

Step 7 Transfer the files back to their original locations on your system.

Note: As always, remember to disable flash access afterward.
      You're done!

Note: With the category_game.xml, you can also alter the package install location. Near the bottom of the file, you'll find the install paths as well as their deletion paths (if on rebug). og (rebug) refers to the root install path, usb install location refers to the packages' folder (rebug) or the root (rogero, et al) on the usb (hdd as well if on rogero et. al), and hdd install location refers to the packages' folder on the internal hdd (if on rebug, rebug toolbox is also supplementary to the hdd install path even though it's contained within the flash). Just replace one of the existing install paths, and you'll be fine. Remember to do the same for the deletion path if on rebug. :) Here's a comparison between Rogero 4.46.1 and Rebug 4.46 Rex:

Code:
          <View id=[COLOR=#FF7F00][B]"seg_packages"[/B][/COLOR]>
              <Items>
              </Items>
          </View>
      Note: The yellow above indicates the root or the packages folder on the internal hdd as you can see at the bottom of the list. This should be applicable to other non-dex fw as well.

Code:
          <View id=[COLOR=#FF0000][B]"seg_install_files_og_path"[/B][/COLOR]>
              <Items>
              </Items>
          </View>
      Code:
          <View id=[COLOR=#FF0000][B]"seg_delete_files_og_path"[/B][/COLOR]>
              <Items>
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_host" src="host://localhost/q?path=/app_home/&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_bdvd" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_bdvd&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_ms"  src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_ms&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb0" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb000&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb1" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb001&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb2" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb002&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb3" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb003&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb4" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb004&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb5" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb005&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb6" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb006&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb7" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb007&suffix=.pkg" />
              </Items>
          </View>
      Code:
          <View id=[COLOR=#00FF00][B]"seg_install_usb_path"[/B][/COLOR]>
              <Items>
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_host" src="host://localhost/q?path=/app_home/packages/&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_bdvd" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_bdvd/packages&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_ms"  src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_ms/packages&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb0" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb000/packages&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb1" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb001/packages&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb2" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb002/packages&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb3" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb003/packages&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb4" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb004/packages&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb5" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb005/packages&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb6" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb006/packages&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb7" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb007/packages&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
              </Items>
          </View>
      Code:
          <View id=[COLOR=#00FF00][B]"seg_delete_usb_path"[/B][/COLOR]>
              <Items>
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_host" src="host://localhost/q?path=/app_home/packages/&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_bdvd" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_bdvd/packages&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_ms"  src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_ms/packages&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb0" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb000/packages&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb1" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb001/packages&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb2" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb002/packages&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb3" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb003/packages&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb4" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb004/packages&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb5" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb005/packages&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb6" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb006/packages&suffix=.pkg" />
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb7" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb007/packages&suffix=.pkg" />
              </Items>
          </View>
      Code:
          <View id=[COLOR=#0000FF][B]"seg_install_files_hdd0_path"[/B][/COLOR]>
              <Items>
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_flash" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_flash/rebug/packages&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package"/>
              </Items>
          </View>
      Code:
          <View id=[COLOR=#0000FF][B]"seg_delete_files_hdd0_path"[/B][/COLOR]>
              <Items>
                  <Query class="type:x-xmb/folder-pixmap" key="host_provider_hdd0" attr="host_provider_hdd0" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_hdd0/packages&suffix=.pkg"/>
              </Items>
          </View>
      Note: Above, red indicates install/deletion paths for packages on the root, green indicates the install/deletion paths for packages within the packages folder on the root aside from the internal hdd, and blue indicates the install/deletion paths for packages within the packages folder on the internal hard drive as well as path for the rebug toolbox package within the flash. As you can see, the rebug toolbox package location within the flash isn't listed as a deletion path. You can replace any of these locations.

How To Remove Entire Tiers/Categories - This is fairly easy, so I'll keep it short. You need the xmb_plugin_normal.rco and the xmb_ingame.rco. Grab each from your dev_blind.

Then, extract with rco mage. After that, go into the main xml file, and delete the tiers you don't want from Object Tree/Page name/XMenu name/XMList name. After that's done, scroll to XMenu - menus: "0xa." Now, change that to reflect how many tiers you want. "0xa" = 10; "0x5" = 5. It's that simple.

Thanks to Sandungas for telling me how to remove entire tiers

★ How To Avoid PSN Requirement For Netlix, Amazon, and Hulu ★

• Tutorial:
      • How To Avoid PSN Requirement For Netlix, Amazon, and Hulu
      Author:
      Description:
      • Here's a simple tutorial on removing the psn requirement for various apps.
      View attachment 5507

• Normally, in order to access any of several video services, you must be signed into PSN. However, this requirement can be avoided if PSN is down or assumed down. If you block, all PSN servers, you can successfully use your favorite video service without the fear of being banned.

Simply, block these connections in your router settings:

Code:
      fus01.ps3.update.playstation.net
      mercury.dl.playstation.net
      nsx.np.dl.playstation.net
      nsx-e.np.dl.playstation.net
      us.np.stun.playstation.net
      ena.net.playstation.net
      dus01.ps3.update.playstation.net
      auth.np.ac.playstation.net
      service.playstation.net
      creepo.ww.hl.playstation.net

Note:
      These are only US connections. If you live in a different region, you'll need to examine your connection history or use a proxy to determine the appropriate addresses.

• Thanks to blazedhobo for the heads up on this trick.

★ How To Use Scetool GUI ★

• Tutorial:
      • How To Use Scetool GUI
      Author:
      Description:
      • Here's a simple tutorial on using Scetool GUI
      View attachment 5507
      -------------------------------------------------
    • Double-click Scetool GUI and browse to your encrypted file (i.e. EBOOT.BIN as per this example).
    • Once you've loaded your encrypted file, select decrypt.

Note:
      This will add the extension .ELF to the EBOOT.BIN (.ELF is the decrypted version of a .SELF file).
    • Select 'enable encryption', browse to the EBOOT.BIN.ELF file, choose the appropriate selections in the left sidebar, and click encrypt.

Note:
      If you're unsure which files to select, choose 'show file info' for the encrypted file (i.e. EBOOT.BIN, not EBOOT.BIN.ELF) The notable portions are the self-type, the fw version, auth-ID, and application version. For self-type, this can either be application (retail) or npdrm (package). fw version is obvious. auth-ID is the type of file (i.e. update), so it's more specific than self-type, and this is largely what the categories within xmb use to differentiate one file type from another. Application version is self-explanatory (i.e. 1.00, or update 1.01, etc.). Some retail applications are not 1.00 even though they may be the first version to be released. If you are using a package EBOOT.BIN, you'll need to insert the title ID. Also, if you wish the system to reflect this change, you must repackage the sfo and install or the sfo and the encrypted EBOOT.BIN will not match as per the fw version. The sfo itself is what tells the system which key to use to decrypt the EBOOT.BIN upon boot-up. Failure to change both will cause an error. Also, this must be done for retail games as well. It's the same process aside from the installation portion.
    • You'll now have EBOOT.BIN.ELF.SELF. Remove the .ELF.SELF portion from the file name and test the file.

Note:
      .ELF = Decrypted; .SELF = Encrypted. The EBOOT.BIN is a .SELF file despite the missing extension. Scetool GUI added these extensions since you decrypted the file, then encrypted it again.

• Step 1: Double-click Scetool GUI and browse to your encrypted file (i.e. EBOOT.BIN as per this example).

Step 2: Once you've loaded your encrypted file, select decrypt.

Note:
      This will add the extension .ELF to the EBOOT.BIN (.ELF is the decrypted version of a .SELF file)

Step 3: Select 'enable encryption', browse to the EBOOT.BIN.ELF file, choose the appropriate selections in the left sidebar, and click encrypt.

Note:
      If you're unsure which files to select, choose 'show file info' for the encrypted file (i.e. EBOOT.BIN, not EBOOT.BIN.ELF) The notable portions are the self-type, the fw version, auth-ID, and application version. For self-type, this can either be application (retail) or npdrm (package). fw version is obvious. auth-ID is the type of file (i.e. update), so it's more specific than self-type, and this is largely what the categories within xmb use to differentiate one file type from another. Application version is self-explanatory (i.e. 1.00, or update 1.01, etc.). Some retail applications are not 1.00 even though they may be the first version to be released. If you are using a package EBOOT.BIN, you'll need to insert the title ID. Also, if you wish the system to reflect this change, you must repackage the sfo and install or the sfo and the encrypted EBOOT.BIN will not match as per the fw version. The sfo itself is what tells the system which key to use to decrypt the EBOOT.BIN upon boot-up. Failure to change both will cause an error. Also, this must be done for retail games as well. It's the same process aside from the installation portion.

Step 4: You'll now have EBOOT.BIN.ELF.SELF. Remove the .ELF.SELF portion from the file name and test the file.

Note:
      .ELF = Decrypted; .SELF = Encrypted. The EBOOT.BIN is a .SELF file despite the missing extension. Scetool GUI added these extensions since you decrypted the file, then encrypted it again.

★ How To Add Custom Fonts, Increase Font Size, Change Font Color, And Add Font Shadowing ★

• Tutorial:
      • How To Add Custom Fonts, Increase Font Size, Change Font Color, And Add Font Shadowing
      Author:
      Description:
      • Here's my tutorial on altering font size, color, and shadowing.
      View attachment 5507

• For this example, I'll be editing the font style for rounded as well as the text for the debug updater.

Note:
      Finding the specific text you wish to alter can be very difficult as there are literally thousands of color locations. The main xml for each accompanying rco text xml rarely contains the same text name, so sometimes you just have to guess. However, every single piece of text, background, and side panel can be customized via this method. There's very little risk in doing this as long as you stick to coloring, sizing, and shadowing. I've also packaged my example (these files are for 4.46 rex, but they'll probably work for other cfws; to make sure, you can always decrypt 4.46 rex and the fw you're on to hex compare the files). Also, rcomage is included (you'll need this app):

Code:
      http://www.mediafire.com/download/pi9vuya1c54ubh6/CFCC.rar
      Step 1: Enter Multiman and enable flash access.

Step 2: Grab your software_update_plugin.rco and sysconf_plugin.rco from:

Code:
      dev_blind/vsh/resource
      Step 3: Open rcomage, and select "Separate resource types into separate folders" and "Decode VSMX scripts." Select software_update_plugin.rco, choose an xml name (any name you wish), and click dump. Now, in the newly-created text folder, select the English.xml (best to use notepad++ for editing this)

Step 4: Search for this location:
      <Text name="msg_tool_select_updatedata_pls">Select the update data</Text>

and, change the highlighted text to whatever you wish.

Step 5: The text is done for update debug portion. :) Open the accompanying xml (the one you had named earlier), and locate this section:

<Text name="text_updater_select_list" posX="0" posY="0" objectScale="0" redScale="1" greenScale="1" blueScale="1" alphaScale="1" width="0" height="0" posUnknown="1" scaleWidth="1" scaleHeight="1" elementScale="1" iconOffset="0x0" onLoad="nothing" unknown17="0x100" unknown18="0x26040100" unknown19="0x100" unknownInt20="0x0" unknownInt21="0x0" unknown22="0x0" text="nothing" font="nothing" unknownInt27="0x1" unknownInt29="0x1000000" size="10" topRed="1" topGreen="1" topBlue="1" bottomRed="1" bottomGreen="1" bottomBlue="1" spacingHorizontal="0" unknown37="0x0" unknown38="0x0" unknown39="0x0" spacingVertical="0" shadowX="4" shadowY="-5" shadowPerspective="0" shadowRed="0.25" shadowGreen="0.25" shadowBlue="0.25" shadowAlpha="1" unknown48="0x0" unknown49="0x0" unknown50="0x0" unknownFloat51="1" unknownFloat52="1" unknownFloat53="1" unknownFloat54="1" unknown55="0xffffffff" unknownInt56="0x10014" unknownInt57="0x3" unknown58="0x0"></Text>

redScale
      = the percentage of red to add to the overall color with 1 equating 100%.
      greenScale = the percentage of green to add to the overall color with 1 equating 100%.
      blueScale = the percentage of blue to add to the overall color with 1 equating 100%.

0, 0, 0 = black; 1, 1, 1 = white if text | 0, 0, 0 = transparent; 1, 1, 1, = opaque if a panel or window.

To find the correct percentages for the color you wish to use, try this website:

Code:
      http://www.december.com/html/spec/colorper.html
      I'll use sign blue as an example with (0%, 25%, and 53%). This would be 0, 0.25, and 0.53. Plug your numbers in between the quotation marks above for their respective colors.
      scaleWidth and scaleHeight refer to the overall size of the text with the original scales being used as variables to determine the final size. If you wish for the the size of the text to be twice as large, you'd enter 2 for both scaleWidth and scaleHeight.

shadowRed
      = the percentage of red shadowing to add to the overall color with 1 equating 100%.
      shadowGreen = the percentage of green shadowing to add to the overall color with 1 equating 100%.
      shadowBlue = the percentage of blue shadowing to add to the overall color with 1 equating 100%.

As per my example, I've increased the shadowing for all three colors from 0.25 to 0.5.
      Step 6: After you're done, you need to recomplie the rco with rcomage. Select compile, choose the xml you had named before, and click zlib for header compression. Now, for rco output, make sure the rco is named correctly. In this case, it'd be software_update_plugin.rco. Click compile.

Here's another example: how to change the color of the clock, date/time, and box. The coloring from these strings is the same coloring displayed in the last pic of the example photos at the bottom.
      xmb_plugin_normal.rco & xmb_ingame.rco:
      <Plane name="indi_base" posX="0" posY="-74" objectScale="0" redScale="0" greenScale="0.8" blueScale="0" alphaScale="1" width="560" height="82" posUnknown="0" scaleWidth="1" scaleHeight="1" elementScale="1" iconOffset="0x120000" onLoad="nothing" unknown17="0xc000000" unknown18="0xd000500" unknown19="0x0" unknownInt20="0x70000" unknownInt21="0x70000" unknown22="0x0" image="image:tex_indi_bg" unknownInt24="0x3"></Plane>
      <Text name="clock" posX="0" posY="-12" objectScale="0" redScale="0" greenScale="0.8" blueScale="0" alphaScale="1" width="0" height="0" posUnknown="1" scaleWidth="1" scaleHeight="1" elementScale="1" iconOffset="0x320000" onLoad="nothing" unknown17="0x700" unknown18="0x700" unknown19="0x0" unknownInt20="0x0" unknownInt21="0x0" unknown22="0x0" text="nothing" font="nothing" unknownInt27="0x2000001" unknownInt29="0x1000000" size="10" topRed="1" topGreen="1" topBlue="1" bottomRed="1" bottomGreen="1" bottomBlue="1" spacingHorizontal="0" unknown37="0x0" unknown38="0x0" unknown39="0x0" spacingVertical="0" shadowX="4" shadowY="-5" shadowPerspective="0" shadowRed="0.25" shadowGreen="0.25" shadowBlue="0.25" shadowAlpha="1" unknown48="0x0" unknown49="0x0" unknown50="0x0" unknownFloat51="1" unknownFloat52="1" unknownFloat53="1" unknownFloat54="1" unknown55="0xffffffff" unknownInt56="0x13" unknownInt57="0x3" unknown58="0x0"></Text>

impose_plugin.rco:
      <Text name="clock" posX="0" posY="0" objectScale="0" redScale="0" greenScale="0.8" blueScale="0" alphaScale="1" width="0" height="0" posUnknown="1" scaleWidth="1" scaleHeight="1" elementScale="1" iconOffset="0x220000" onLoad="nothing" unknown17="0x9a0d0100" unknown18="0x9b0d0100" unknown19="0x0" unknownInt20="0x0" unknownInt21="0x0" unknown22="0x0" text="nothing" font="nothing" unknownInt27="0x2000001" unknownInt29="0x1000000" size="10" topRed="1" topGreen="1" topBlue="1" bottomRed="1" bottomGreen="1" bottomBlue="1" spacingHorizontal="0" unknown37="0x0" unknown38="0x0" unknown39="0x0" spacingVertical="0" shadowX="4" shadowY="-5" shadowPerspective="0" shadowRed="0.25" shadowGreen="0.25" shadowBlue="0.25" shadowAlpha="1" unknown48="0x0" unknown49="0x0" unknown50="0x0" unknownFloat51="1" unknownFloat52="1" unknownFloat53="1" unknownFloat54="1" unknown55="0xffffffff" unknownInt56="0x14" unknownInt57="0x3" unknown58="0x0"></Text>

system_plugin.rco:
      <Plane name="busy_icon_anim1" posX="0" posY="0" objectScale="0" redScale="0" greenScale="0.8" blueScale="0" alphaScale="1" width="0" height="0" posUnknown="0" scaleWidth="1" scaleHeight="1" elementScale="1" iconOffset="0x0" onLoad="nothing" unknown17="0x8f020000" unknown18="0x90020000" unknown19="0x0" unknownInt20="0x291" unknownInt21="0x292" unknown22="0x0" image="image:tex_busy" unknownInt24="0x0"></Plane>
      <Plane name="busy_icon" posX="0" posY="0" objectScale="0" redScale="0" greenScale="0.8" blueScale="0" alphaScale="1" width="0" height="0" posUnknown="0" scaleWidth="1" scaleHeight="1" elementScale="1" iconOffset="0x0" onLoad="nothing" unknown17="0x8f020000" unknown18="0x90020000" unknown19="0x0" unknownInt20="0x291" unknownInt21="0x292" unknown22="0x0" image="image:tex_busy" unknownInt24="0x0">
      <Plane name="busy_short" posX="0" posY="0" objectScale="0" redScale="0" greenScale="0.8" blueScale="0" alphaScale="1" width="8" height="36" posUnknown="0" scaleWidth="1" scaleHeight="1" elementScale="1" iconOffset="0x0" onLoad="nothing" unknown17="0x0" unknown18="0x0" unknown19="0x0" unknownInt20="0x70000" unknownInt21="0x70000" unknown22="0x0" image="image:tex_busy_s" unknownInt24="0x0"></Plane>
      <Plane name="busy_long" posX="0" posY="0" objectScale="0" redScale="0" greenScale="0.8" blueScale="0" alphaScale="1" width="8" height="36" posUnknown="0" scaleWidth="1" scaleHeight="1" elementScale="1" iconOffset="0x0" onLoad="nothing" unknown17="0x0" unknown18="0x0" unknown19="0x0" unknownInt20="0x70000" unknownInt21="0x70000" unknown22="0x0" image="image:tex_busy_l" unknownInt24="0x0"></Plane>
      orange = the clock border (2 rco files - one for the normal xmb; the other while in a game/app)
      brown = the date and digital time (the same 2 rco files from above; plus, the impose_plugin, which is the screen that appears when you hold down the ps button)
      red = the clock face
      green = the hour hand
      blue = the minute hand

How To Identify Specific Content (This Is A WIP, So There May Be Changes As I learn More About The Hierarchical Structure Of XMB

Code:
      Xmenu = All tiers combined.
      XMList Name = Each individual tier.
      XList Name = Sub-sections of each tier.
      MList Name = A configuration menu that lists several individual options (MItem).
      IList Name = Console or user-specific information (i.e. confirming the settings you've selected from all MLists or system information such as MAC address, fw version, or free space on HDD).
      Text Name = Most of the text in XMB.
      Plane Name = Almost all menus are referred to as planes.  Additionally, icon color can be affected from this grouping.
      Separation Names = Upper and lower horizontal lines within configuration windows.
      Arrows = Left and right arrow colors withing configuration windows.

Notable Locations:
      Code:
      xmb_plugin_normal = Clock Box and Clock.
      xmb_ingame = Same as above but displayed in games, homebrew, etc.
      system_plugin = Circle, triangle, square (named rectangle), and cross buttons for such things as (confirm, enter, exit, cancel, etc.).  The text next to each of these functions is referred to as labels (above buttons themselves).
      impose_plugin = Battery window; Also, this plugin contains the circle, triangle, square, cross labels, as well as the clock for the window that appears for turning off the system or controller.
      Step 7: Open multiman, enable flash access, and drop the file back in its original location.

Note:
      Disable flash access afterward.

• Icons are a bit different than text. If the icon is white with a transparent background, you can usually change the icon color through the xml (not always the case however); if the icon is colored, you'll need to use a different process in order to avoid shading and icon image errors. Here's what I did to change a colored icon:

Note:
      This is a bit of a finicky process, so all icons may not require this. However, some icons are compressed to a specific byte size (i.e. the battery light indicator). Failure to adhere to this byte size will result in an over-extension of the image over subsequent images within the rco. I'll be using the battery light indicator file for this example.

Step 1: Download this package (contains p3textractor and rcomage):

Code:
      http://www.mediafire.com/download/pfizx8clobesdoj/CI.rar
      Step 2: Enable flash access and transfer over impose.rco from:

Code:
      dev_blind/vsh/resource

Note:

Step 3: Now, open rcomage, select the impose.rco file, choose an xml name (doesn't matter what name you give it), and check Separate resource types into separate folders, Convert GIM images to PNG, and Decode VSMX scripts. Click dump.

Step 4: Open the newly-created Images folder and open tex_red.png. Edit it however you'd like as long as the dimensions are the same. I chose the same color (pink) for the entire image. Once you're finished, save the file as the same name and file extension.

Step 5: Drop the file into one of the theme files' folders of Dynamic Theme Editor. Replace one of the original png files within that folder (make sure the file is named appropriately to reflect the image you're replacing).

Step 6: Open Dynamic Theme Editor, and create a p3t theme with the same theme folder as the one you just dropped the tex_red.png file into.

Note:
      Make sure you select a location and file name for the output of the p3t theme file before pressing start.

Step 7: Press Start and hit Enter once it's successful.

Step 8: Delete the rco's images and text folders as well as xml file (or just leave it and replace it with an xml file of the same name). Now, extract the rco again, but this time only check Separate resource types into separate folders and Decode VSMX scripts. This is to ensure that the file size is correct. If you were to try converting the png file back to gim again, the file size (1.45KB in this case) would be incorrect once extracted again (2 KB).

Step 9: Take the tex_red.gim (will be named whatever you had named the file before compiling the p3t; well, it'll be the gim counterpart to the png which will was created as the theme itself was created), drop the file into the Images folder, and delete the original tex_red.gim file. Now, rename your edited version to tex_red.gim.

Step 10: Reopen rcomage and click compile with the xml (whatever you had named it before) along with impose.rco as the rco name (best to override the original). Now, choose zlib as header compression, and click compile.

Step 11: Once you're finished, transfer the file back to:

Code:
      dev_blind/vsh/resource

Note:

Check to see if it worked correctly! :)

Note:
      You can also add icons or change the names of existing icons by replacing the icon locations and calls. All you need to do is modify the image tree and icon call for the icon you wish to replace/modify the name of within the xml of the accompanying rco file. Here's an example from the impose_plugin.xml in which I'll be adding a second sync led battery light, so sync 1 will be blue and sync 2 will be red (make sure the icon itself is appropriately named to reflect the modified xml):

The ImageTree:
      <ImageTree>
      <Image name="tex_battery" src="C:\Users\godreborn\Downloads\4.46 rex\update_files\dev_flash\vsh\resource\Decrypted\impose_plugin.rco.folder\Images\tex_battery.png" format="gim" compression="zlib" unknownByte="0" />
      <Image name="tex_battery_shadow" src="C:\Users\godreborn\Downloads\4.46 rex\update_files\dev_flash\vsh\resource\Decrypted\impose_plugin.rco.folder\Images\tex_battery_shadow.png" format="gim" compression="zlib" unknownByte="0" />
      <Image name="tex_blue "src="C:\Users\godreborn\Downloads\4.46 rex\update_files\dev_flash\vsh\resource\Decrypted\impose_plugin.rco.folder\Images\tex_blue.png" format="gim" compression="zlib" unknownByte="0" />
      <Image name="tex_charge_arrow" src="C:\Users\godreborn\Downloads\4.46 rex\update_files\dev_flash\vsh\resource\Decrypted\impose_plugin.rco.folder\Images\tex_charge_arrow.png" format="gim" compression="zlib" unknownByte="0" />
      <Image name="tex_charge_arrow_shadow" src="C:\Users\godreborn\Downloads\4.46 rex\update_files\dev_flash\vsh\resource\Decrypted\impose_plugin.rco.folder\Images\tex_charge_arrow_shadow.png" format="gim" compression="zlib" unknownByte="0" />
      <Image name="tex_controller" src="C:\Users\godreborn\Downloads\4.46 rex\update_files\dev_flash\vsh\resource\Decrypted\impose_plugin.rco.folder\Images\tex_controller.png" format="gim" compression="zlib" unknownByte="0" />
      <Image name="tex_controller_shadow" src="C:\Users\godreborn\Downloads\4.46 rex\update_files\dev_flash\vsh\resource\Decrypted\impose_plugin.rco.folder\Images\tex_controller_shadow.png" format="gim" compression="zlib" unknownByte="0" />
      <Image name="tex_error_batsu" src="C:\Users\godreborn\Downloads\4.46 rex\update_files\dev_flash\vsh\resource\Decrypted\impose_plugin.rco.folder\Images\tex_error_batsu.png" format="gim" compression="zlib" unknownByte="0" />
      <Image name="tex_error_batsu_shadow" src="C:\Users\godreborn\Downloads\4.46 rex\update_files\dev_flash\vsh\resource\Decrypted\impose_plugin.rco.folder\Images\tex_error_batsu_shadow.png" format="gim" compression="zlib" unknownByte="0" />
      <Image name="tex_controller_number" src="C:\Users\godreborn\Downloads\4.46 rex\update_files\dev_flash\vsh\resource\Decrypted\impose_plugin.rco.folder\Images\tex_controller_number.png" format="gim" compression="zlib" unknownByte="0" />
      <Image name="tex_red" src="C:\Users\godreborn\Downloads\4.46 rex\update_files\dev_flash\vsh\resource\Decrypted\impose_plugin.rco.folder\Images\tex_red.png" format="gim" compression="zlib" unknownByte="0" />
      </ImageTree>

The Icon Call:
      <Plane name="impose_battery_info" posX="0" posY="0" objectScale="0" redScale="0" greenScale="0" blueScale="0" alphaScale="0" width="0" height="0" posUnknown="0" scaleWidth="1" scaleHeight="1" elementScale="1" iconOffset="0x0" onLoad="nothing" unknown17="0x4000100" unknown18="0x5000100" unknown19="0x0" unknownInt20="0x7" unknownInt21="0x8" unknown22="0x0" image="nothing" unknownInt24="0x0">
      <Plane name="numbers_icon" posX="0" posY="1" objectScale="0" redScale="1" greenScale="1" blueScale="1" alphaScale="1" width="0" height="0" posUnknown="0" scaleWidth="1" scaleHeight="1" elementScale="1" iconOffset="0x110000" onLoad="nothing" unknown17="0x970d0000" unknown18="0x6f0d7000" unknown19="0x0" unknownInt20="0xd95" unknownInt21="0xd96" unknown22="0x0" image="image:tex_controller_number" unknownInt24="0x0"></Plane>
      <Plane name="led_red_1" posX="1" posY="1" objectScale="0" redScale="1" greenScale="1" blueScale="1" alphaScale="1" width="0" height="0" posUnknown="0" scaleWidth="1" scaleHeight="1" elementScale="1" iconOffset="0x0" onLoad="nothing" unknown17="0x970d7200" unknown18="0x6f0d7100" unknown19="0x0" unknownInt20="0xd98" unknownInt21="0xd99" unknown22="0x0" image="image:tex_blue" unknownInt24="0x0"></Plane>
      <Plane name="led_red_2" posX="1" posY="1" objectScale="0" redScale="1" greenScale="1" blueScale="1" alphaScale="1" width="0" height="0" posUnknown="0" scaleWidth="1" scaleHeight="1" elementScale="1" iconOffset="0x0" onLoad="nothing" unknown17="0x970d7300" unknown18="0x6f0d7100" unknown19="0x0" unknownInt20="0xd98" unknownInt21="0xd99" unknown22="0x0" image="image:tex_red" unknownInt24="0x0"></Plane>
      <Plane name="led_red_3" posX="1" posY="1" objectScale="0" redScale="1" greenScale="1" blueScale="1" alphaScale="1" width="0" height="0" posUnknown="0" scaleWidth="1" scaleHeight="1" elementScale="1" iconOffset="0x0" onLoad="nothing" unknown17="0x970d7400" unknown18="0x6f0d7100" unknown19="0x0" unknownInt20="0xd98" unknownInt21="0xd99" unknown22="0x0" image="image:tex_red" unknownInt24="0x0"></Plane>
      <Plane name="led_red_4" posX="1" posY="1" objectScale="0" redScale="1" greenScale="1" blueScale="1" alphaScale="1" width="0" height="0" posUnknown="0" scaleWidth="1" scaleHeight="1" elementScale="1" iconOffset="0x0" onLoad="nothing" unknown17="0x970d7500" unknown18="0x6f0d7100" unknown19="0x0" unknownInt20="0xd98" unknownInt21="0xd99" unknown22="0x0" image="image:tex_red" unknownInt24="0x0"></Plane>

• Step 1: Open multiman and enable flash access. Grab the sysconf_plugin.rco at:

Code:
      dev_blind/vsh/resource

Note:

Step 2: Open rcomage, and select "Separate resource types into separate folders" and "Decode VSMX scripts." Select sysconf_plugin.rco, choose an xml name (anything you'd like), and click dump. Now, in the newly-created text folder, select the English.xml (best to use notepad++ for editing).

Step 3: Search for rounded or pop and change the highlighted text for the font style you'd wish to change or change them both if you want two new font styles:
      <Text name="msg_font_01">Rounded</Text>
      <Text name="msg_font_02">Pop</Text>

Step 4: After you're done, recomplie with rcomage. Select compile, choose the xml you had named before, and click zlib for header compression. Now, for rco output, make sure the rco is named correctly. In this case, it'd be sysconf_plugin.rco. Click compile.

Step 5: Now, go to this website and select any font you'd like:

Code:
      http://www.dafont.com/
      The fonts on that site might be in otf format, so you'll need to convert them to TTF format which the ps3 uses. You can do that here:

Code:
      http://www.freefontconverter.com/
      Step 6: Now, if you want to override the rounded font type, create a copy of the file with names SCE-PS3-SR-R-LATIN.TTF and SCE-PS3-SR-R-LATIN2.TTF; if you want to override the pop font type, create a copy of the file with names SCE-PS3-VR-R-LATIN.TTF and SCE-PS3-VR-R-LATIN2.TTF.

Note:
      Remember to CAPITALIZE the entirety of the file names. Also, if you're using rounded font, it'll appear in multiman's sidebar even if not enabled. :)

Step 7: Open up multiman, and reenable flash access and place the font files here:

Code:
      dev_blind/data/font
      and, the sysconf_plugin.rco here:

Code:
      dev_blind/vsh/resource

Note:
      As always, remember to disable flash access afterward.
      You're done! Check to see if it worked correctly! :)

• Thanks to IcEmAn for discovering the clock icon location.
      Thanks to glitch for discovering how to change font color, size, and shadowing.
      Thanks to Kaede for discovering how to change font style.

★ How To Change The Default Music And Boot Sound Of Multiman ★

• Tutorial:
      • How To Change The Default Music And Boot Sound Of Multiman
      Author:
      Description:
      • This is a mini-tutorial on how to change multiman's default music and/or change the boot sound.
      View attachment 5507

• Step 1: Select an mp3 of the song you'd like to replace the default song with.

Note:
      The mps3 must be encoded in 192 Kilobytes or less for this to work. Otherwise, you'll receive no sound. If your audio track is encoded with a higher byte-rating, reencode with
      XviD4PSP or Audacity.

Step 2: Once finished, rename the mp3 to SOUND.BIN.

Step 3: Enter multiman's USRDIR directory:

Code:
      dev_hdd0/game/bles80608/USRDIR
      Step 4: Override the default SOUND.BIN and restart multiman.

Note:
      You can also build a package to override the SOUND.BIN, but I find this to be quicker. :) Enjoy!

• Use the above instructions to create another mp3 (preferably one that's around 5 seconds in length) and override the original in this location:

Code:
      dev_hdd0/game/bles80608/USRDIR/sys

Note:
      If you wish, you can delete the original BOOT.MP3 to disable the boot sound entirely. :)

★ How To Transfer Content To The Internal HDD Using A Direct Connection ★

• Tutorial:
      • How To Transfer Content To The Internal HDD Using A Direct Connection
      Author:
      Description:
      • For this tutorial, I'll assume that you're using Windows 7. :p It's important that your pc is close to your ps3. I use a laptop, so this isn't a problem. Also, make sure you have an ethernet cable of sufficient length. :)
      View attachment 5507
    • On your ps3, go to network settings, and use these settings:

Code:
      Connection Method = Wired Connection
      IP Address = 192.168.1.11
      Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.0
      Default Router = The Router's Default IP Address (probably 192.168.1.1 for most)
      Primary DNS = 8.8.8.8
      Secondary DNS = 8.8.4.4
    • Now, plug one end of an ethernet cable into the ps3 with the other end connected to your pc/laptop.
    • Now, on your computer, go to:

Code:
      Start/Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network and Sharing Center/Change Adapter Settings
    • Highlight both the wired and wireless connections, and click bridge. You've now bridged both connections. Now, open any ftp and transfer directly to your internal hdd. If you want to unbridge, right click each connection, and select remove from bridge. If you want to connect them again, right click each connection, and select add to bridge.

Note:
      You should be able to manage 10-15MB/s+ using this method. Ethernet is capable of transferring at much greater speeds than USB, so this is an alternative to splitting packages or using NTFS to transfer them. Your internet connection speed is irrelevant. Also, make sure your ftp program reflects these changes. Personally, I find this to be the best method (primarily if you have a laptop, so that you can move it anywhere) for transferring content as well as keeping your ps3 safe from someone trying to connect to the internet. The control is entirely yours especially if you're using MAC filtering to deny access. :p

• Step 1: On your ps3, go to network settings, and use these settings:

Code:
      Connection Method = Wired Connection
      IP Address = 192.168.1.11
      Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.0
      Default Router = The Router's Default IP Address (probably 192.168.1.1 for most)
      Primary DNS = 8.8.8.8
      Secondary DNS = 8.8.4.4
      Step 2: Now, plug one end of an ethernet cable into the ps3 with the other end connected to your pc/laptop.

Step 3: Now, on your computer, go to:

Code:
      Start/Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network and Sharing Center/Change Adapter Settings
      Step 4: Highlight both the wired and wireless connections, and click bridge. You've now bridged both connections. Now, open any ftp and transfer directly to your internal hdd. If you want to unbridge, right click each connection, and select remove from bridge. If you want to connect them again, right click each connection, and select add to bridge.

Note:
      You should be able to manage 10-15MB/s+ using this method. Ethernet is capable of transferring at much greater speeds than USB, so this is an alternative to splitting packages or using NTFS to transfer them. Your internet connection speed is irrelevant. Also, make sure your ftp program reflects these changes. Personally, I find this to be the best method (primarily if you have a laptop, so that you can move it anywhere) for transferring content as well as keeping your ps3 safe from someone trying to connect to the internet. The control is entirely yours especially if you're using MAC filtering to deny access. :p

★ How To Rip All Games Together ★

• Tutorial:
      • How To Rip All Games Together
      Author:
      Description:
      • I've decided to write this mini-tutorial on how to rip all games of unnecessary files. Many seem to be doing this manually while you can do this to all games at the same time with Aldos' Tools PS3 Rip.
      View attachment 5507
    • Open up the PS3 Tools menu and select PS3 Rip in the top row.
    • Now, select the folder location where you'd like the ripping tool to scan.

Note:
      The patterns section above is where you can enable/disable certain file types to be removed. Click the check box for each file type you'd like to keep. Default is set to remove 3D video files, update files, and all languages aside from American English. This is based on a generic naming mechanic found in most games, so anything that doesn't correspond to that naming mechanic will be missed. If you'd like to enable a specific file type while removing the rest of its group, you can simply delete the file line within the window. If you'd like to see how much space you'd save without actually ripping anything, enable simulation.
    • Once you've set your patterns, click rip.

Note:
      All ripped files will be moved to a folder named "RIPPED" on the root of the hard drive that was scanned. It doesn't matter if your games are separated into games or gamei (for gamedata tool) as they'll retain their original directory locations. Dummy files of 0KB will replace the ripped files within the games themselves in case the game scans for them.
    • Thanks to Aldo for his awesome set of tools!

• Step 1: Open up the PS3 Tools menu and select PS3 Rip in the top row.

Step 2: Now, select the folder location where you'd like the ripping tool to scan.

Note:
      The patterns section above is where you can enable/disable certain file types to be removed. Click the check box for each file type you'd like to keep. Default is set to remove 3D video files, update files, and all languages aside from American English. This is based on a generic naming mechanic found in most games, so anything that doesn't correspond to that naming mechanic will be missed. If you'd like to enable a specific file type while removing the rest of its group, you can simply delete the file line within the window. If you'd like to see how much space you'd save without actually ripping anything, enable simulation.
      Step 3: Once you've set your patterns, click rip.

Note:
      All ripped files will be moved to a folder named "RIPPED" on the root of the hard drive that was scanned. It doesn't matter if your games are separated into games or gamei (for gamedata tool) as they'll retain their original directory locations. Dummy files of 0KB will replace the ripped files within the games themselves in case the game scans for them.

Thanks to Aldo for his awesome set of tools!

★ How to play PS2 Classics (Custom) w/ Multiman, Transfer Saves, And And Revert Back For Use w/ Cobra ★

• Tutorial:
      • How to play PS2 Classics (Custom) w/ Multiman, Transfer Saves, And And Revert Them Back For Use w/ Cobra
      Author:
      Description:
      • Here's a little guide on how to play ps2 classics (custom) w/ Multiman, transfer saves, and revert back for use w/ Cobra Unofficial 7.0. This assumes you've already converted your game isos to iso.bin.enc and have installed Multiman 4.30.00. Also, your converted games do not need to be installed; simply move the applicable files to the appropriate locations.
      View attachment 5507

• Step 1. Download and install the placeholder pkg file:

Code:
      http://www.mediafire.com/download/ab4xb0er6e4hdp7/PH.rar
      Step 2. Activate the license w/ reActPSN or rap2rif (Batch Convertor Version).

Step 3. Create a folder named PS2ISO on the root of your internal drive:

Code:
      dev_hdd0/PS2ISO
      Step 4. Drop all of your ps2 game folders into the PS2ISO folder.

Code:
      dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[Title ID] Game Name folders
      Step 5. Delete all files except for the ISO.BIN.ENC (put this on the root of the Game Name [title ID folder]) and the savedata folder (if missing, Multiman will create one for you as these are generic virtual memory cards).

Code:
      dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[Title ID] Game Name folders/ISO.BIN.ENC
      and,

Code:
      dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/Game Name [Title ID] folders/savedata/SCEVMC0.VME, SCEVMC1.VME
      Step 6. To launch your games, just scan with Multiman. All games will be listed in the Retro tab (Press square to change to PS2 only) and click on the game you want to boot.

Step 7. After launching the game, you'll be taken back to xmb; from there, simply click on the placeholder (the game will be mounted here).
      The game(s) will be relying on the placeholder license rather than license of the base used to encrypt the game; in other words, the base used to encrypt the game is irrelevant. If you wish to download artwork, put the title ID in brackets along with a hyphen in between the alphanumeric; after that, you can insert the actual game name (the brackets serve as an identifier designating the title id rather than the game name; the title id in brackets will not be displayed in Multiman):

Code:
      dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[COLOR=#FF7F00][B][SLUS-00000][/B][/COLOR]Game Name

Note:
      Not all artwork is available, so don't be surprised if some artwork doesn't appear.

• Step 1. In order to transfer saves from your ps2 memory card, you'll either need to use LaunchELF via a modchip/memory card exploit or use code breaker. I believe there are also third-party devices that can connect to the pc to transfer gave saves. If using the former, transfer the save in psu format (not sure if a raw save will work correctly)

Step 2. After you have your saves in psu/cbs format, go to your ps3's internal hdd and extract the SCEVMC0.VME or SCEVMC1.VME (each designating the memory card in slot 1 or 2) from the PS2U10000 save folder.

Code:
      dev_hdd0/home/main profile id folder (i.e. 00000001)/ps2emu2_savedata/PS2U10000
      Step 3. Once the virtual memory card(s) is/are on your computer, decrypt the vme with aldostools' PS2 Classics Gui into the decrypted .vmc counterpart.

Step 4. Change the extension .vmc to .ps2 and open the memory card with mymc.

Code:
      http://www.mediafire.com/download/38tc55dmrzgpn2r/mymc.zip
      Step 5. Hit import and select your save(s).

Step 6. Now, rename the .ps2 file back to .vmc.

Step 7. Once that is complete, you'll need to use update the vmc hashes in order to correct the header; otherwise, you'll receive a corrupted save data message upon launching any game with the placeholder.

Code:
      http://www.mediafire.com/download/2bpanbe49mrnd17/UH.rar
      Step 8. Then, use aldostools' PS2 Classics Gui to encrypt the file back to the .vme format.

Step 9. Transfer the virtual memory card back to its original location. The save(s) should now work. I believe the reverse process, absent the rehashing of the vmc, will allow you to extract ps2 classics' saves for use on a ps2 memory card.

I hope this is helpful for anyone trying to get the placeholder PS2 Classics to work w/ Multiman. Let me know if you have any problems.

• Step 1: Grab any applicable games/memory cards from:

(PS2 Games - All ISO.BIN.ENC):

Code:
      dev_hdd0/PS2ISO
      (PS2 Classics' Memory Cards - SCEVMC0.VME, SCEVMC1.VME):

Code:
      dev_hdd0/home/main profile id folder (i.e. 00000001)/ps2emu2_savedata/PS2U10000
      (PS2 Backups' Memory Cards - .VM2):

Code:
      dev_hdd0/savedata/vmc
      Step 2: Now, open Aldos' Tools PS2 Classics.GUI and decrypt all ISO.BIN.ENC files. Once finished, do the same for any encrypted ps2 classics' memory cards (SCEVMC0.VME, SCEVMC1.VME).

Note:
      Your games are now back to their original ISO versions, so they're useable as is.

Step 3: Change the extensions of the decrypted ps2 classics' memory cards to .ps2 replacing the .vmc extensions.

Note:
      If you're using ps2 classics' memory cards (i.e. every game using the same memory card), you can skip the following steps. Simply rename the extension to .vm2 instead of .vmc. The memory cards are identical. Simply, choose a file name for the card afterward. The name of the card is what you'd normally enter within xmb while creating the card.

Step 4: Open mymc, select those memory cards, and highlight all of your saves. Now, click export. Save them into any folder you wish.

Step 5: Now, change the .vm2 memory card to .ps2.

Step 6: Open mymc, select that memory card, click import, and highlight all of your saves to transfer them to that memory card.

Note:
      Your saves are now back to their original memory card versions, so they're usable as is.
    • Thanks to Aldo for his awesome set of tools!

★ How To Create A Rap File ★

• Tutorial:
      • How To Create A Rap File
      Author:
      Description:
      • Here’s a brief tutorial on creating a rap file with a hex editor.
      View attachment 5507
      ------------------------------------------------
    • Note: In order to create a rap file, you’ll need the rap key as well as the content ID. The content ID, which is located at offset 450 for self/sprx files or offset 10 for edat/sdat is how the system determines which license goes with which content. The rap key is what’s used to obtain the klicense (used to decrypt the content itself). Now, you can’t create a rap file out of nothing. In fact, in order to fix a game (i.e. not requiring reactpsn or reencrypting the content for different fw), u’ll need the rap file in order to decrypt the content. However, as I said, the rap file itself doesn’t decrypt content. It’s used to generate the klicense which does. :p

If you don’t already have one, download a hex editor. I’d recommend HxD. If you have aldo’s ps3 tools installed, you should already have it. For this example, I’ll use this content (not sure what this content is but it was on my laptop at the time of writing this tutorial):

Code:
      Content ID (file name): EP0006-BLES01040_00-DEADSPACEPCK0002.rap
      Rap Key (hexed key): 1A 5D 91 61 9A 55 34 01 9C C2 8D 06 22 D8 42 44
      Whether it’s separated by spaces for each byte or not – it doesn’t matter.
    • Open HxD, select file, click on new, copy-and-paste the rap key into the hex, then save it as the content ID. All rap files should be 16 bytes (1 line of hex).
      Now, test to see if it worked. It’s really that simple. You can drop any rap file into a hex editor to determine the rap key. However, aldo’s ps3 tools has an app that’ll determine the key simply by double clicking the rap file. This is handy if you come across uploaders who only list the license information to avoid reuploading the rap file itself.

• Note:
      In order to create a rap file, you’ll need the rap key as well as the content ID. The content ID, which is located at offset 450 for self/sprx files or offset 10 for edat/sdat is how the system determines which license goes with which content. The rap key is what’s used to obtain the klicense (used to decrypt the content itself). Now, you can’t create a rap file out of nothing. In fact, in order to fix a game (i.e. not requiring reactpsn or reencrypting the content for different fw), u’ll need the rap file in order to decrypt the content. However, as I said, the rap file itself doesn’t decrypt content. It’s used to generate the klicense which does. :p

Step 1: If you don’t already have one, download a hex editor. I’d recommend HxD. If you have aldo’s ps3 tools installed, you should already have it. For this example, I’ll use this content (not sure what this content is but it was on my laptop at the time of writing this tutorial):
      Code:
      Content ID (file name): EP0006-BLES01040_00-DEADSPACEPCK0002.rap
      Rap Key (hexed key): 1A 5D 91 61 9A 55 34 01 9C C2 8D 06 22 D8 42 44
      Whether it’s separated by spaces for each byte or not – it doesn’t matter.

Step 2: Open HxD, select file, click on new, copy-and-paste the rap key into the hex, then save it as the content ID. All rap files should be 16 bytes (1 line of hex).
      Now, test to see if it worked. It’s really that simple. You can drop any rap file into a hex editor to determine the rap key. However, aldo’s ps3 tools has an app that’ll determine the key simply by double clicking the rap file. This is handy if you come across uploaders who only list the license information to avoid reuploading the rap file itself.

★ How To Create A .zip File To Install To The PS3 ★

• Tutorial:
      • How To Create A .zip File To Install To The PS3
      Author:
      Description:
      • Considering many of my tutorials deal with the flash, here's a quick way to install all modified flash files at once without enabling dev_blind within multiman. This can be useful if switching fw's often.
      View attachment 5507
      --------------------------------------------------
    • Decrypt the fw you're using with PUAD or fail0verflow's tools. If using PUAD, I'd recommend selecting only dev_flash so that it'll only take a few seconds.
    • Once that's complete, drop dev_flash into a folder on your desktop. Within that folder, create another folder named dev_blind.
    • Without anything selected, hold down shift and right-click with your mouse. Select
      "Open command window here."
    • Now, we'll use robocopy with this command:

Code:
      robocopy [source folder] [destination folder] /Nocopy /E

Note:
      You may drag-and-drop the source and destination folders. By default, it'll quote the entire directory structure. If your folder location contains any folders with a space as part of its name, command prompt will assume that you're entering a command and error. It's fine if there are no spaces. However, dragging-and-dropping will prevent that mistake. Just make sure to leave a space in between the source and destination folder segments of the command line.
    • With the above command, the entire folder structure of the flash will have been created, but no files were transferred. Now, drag-and-drop your modified flash files to their appropriate destinations. Once complete, enter the dev_blind directory, ctrl +A to select all folders, and create a zip file named PS3~dev_blind.zip. This will mount dev_flash as dev_blind when double-clicked within multiman. It should ask if you want to transfer all files to the locations you've specified. Select yes. Now, test if everything worked. It should unless there was a problem with one of your flash files. :)

Note: Neither the entire path nor the folders need to be created if transferring one flash file or several flash files to the same location. The ~ designates a folder location within the previous folder. In other words, PS3~dev_blind~vsh~resource.zip = dev_blind/vsh/resource with the contents on the root of the .zip being what will be transferred to the location as outlined by the .zip filename.
    • Step 1: Decrypt the fw you're using with PUAD or fail0verflow's tools. If using PUAD, I'd recommend selecting only dev_flash so that it'll only take a few seconds.

Step 2: Once that's complete, drop dev_flash into a folder on your desktop. Within that folder, create another folder named dev_blind.

Step 3: Without anything selected, hold down shift and right-click with your mouse. Select "Open command window here."

Step 4: Now, we'll use robocopy with this command:

Code:
      robocopy [source folder] [destination folder] /Nocopy /E

Note:
      You may drag-and-drop the source and destination folders. By default, it'll quote the entire directory structure. If your folder location contains any folders with a space as part of its name, command prompt will assume that you're entering a command and error. It's fine if there are no spaces. However, dragging-and-dropping will prevent that mistake. Just make sure to leave a space in between the source and destination folder segments of the command line.

Step 5: With the above command, the entire folder structure of the flash will have been created, but no files were transferred. Now, drag-and-drop your modified flash files to their appropriate destinations. Once complete, enter the dev_blind directory, ctrl +A to select all folders, and create a zip file named PS3~dev_blind.zip. This will mount dev_flash as dev_blind when double-clicked within multiman. It should ask if you want to transfer all files to the locations you've specified. Select yes. Now, test if everything worked. It should unless there was a problem with one of your flash files. :)

Note:
      Neither the entire path nor the folders need to be created if transferring one flash file or several flash files to the same location. The ~ designates a folder location within the previous folder. In other words, PS3~dev_blind~vsh~resource.zip = dev_blind/vsh/resource with the contents on the root of the .zip being what will be transferred to the location as outlined by the .zip filename.

★ How To Change The Epilepsy Warning Message ★

• Tutorial:
      • How To Change The Epilepsy Warning Message
      Author:
      Description:
      • Here's my tutorial to change the text of the epilepsy warning (if anyone still uses it)
      View attachment 5507
      --------------------------------------------------
    • First, Download rcomage:

Code:
      and, notepad++

Code:
    • Open multiman and enable flash access and grab the sysconf_plugin.rco from:

Code:
      dev_blind/vsh/resource

Note:
    • Now, open rcomage. By default, it will be set to dump which is what we want. Click separate resource types into separate folders and decode vsmx scripts (nothing else should be ticked). Then, click browse next to RCO input and select your sysconf_plugin.rco. You can name the subsequent xml file to anything you'd like since it will only be used to recomple the rco.
    • You should now have the file you just named alongside an Images and a Text folder. Open notepad++, click on the Text folder, and open the English.xml. From there, find the portion that reads:

Code:
      <Text name="msg_health_warning_start">?WARNING: BEFORE USING, READ PRODUCT DOCUMENTATION FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY.</Text>
      and, replace the text with whatever you'd like. You can even leave it blank if you want no message to be displayed.
    • Once you're finished, open rcomage again and hit compile with zlib as its header
      compression. Select the xml file that you created when dumping the rco and save the rco you're compiling as sysconf_plugin.rco.
    • Now, transfer the file back to its original location. You're done!

Note:
    • Step 1: First, Download rcomage:

Code:
      and, notepad++

Code:
      Step 2: Open multiman and enable flash access and grab the sysconf_plugin.rco from:

Code:
      dev_blind/vsh/resource

Note:

Step 3: Now, open rcomage. By default, it will be set to dump which is what we want. Click separate resource types into separate folders and decode vsmx scripts (nothing else should be ticked). Then, click browse next to RCO input and select your sysconf_plugin.rco. You can name the subsequent xml file to anything you'd like since it will only be used to recomple the rco.

Step 4: You should now have the file you just named alongside an Images and a Text folder. Open notepad++, click on the Text folder, and open the English.xml. From there, find the portion that reads:

Code:
      <Text name="msg_health_warning_start">?WARNING: BEFORE USING, READ PRODUCT DOCUMENTATION FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY.</Text>
      and, replace the text with whatever you'd like. You can even leave it blank if you want no message to be displayed.

Step 5: Once you're finished, open rcomage again and hit compile with zlib as its header compression. Select the xml file that you created when dumping the rco and save the rco you're compiling as sysconf_plugin.rco.

Step 6: Now, transfer the file back to its original location. You're done!

Note:

★ How To Extract And Alter The Icontex.qrc ★

• Tutorial:
      • How To Extract And Alter The Icontex.qrc
      Author:
      Description:
      • This was mostly a curiosity since I know some had trouble decompressing this file like the other qrc files. Anyway, the icontex.qrc is the qrc file that controls theme textures (templates). If a specific icon doesn't exist for a theme, the icon will be decompressed from the icontex.qrc. This is the only qrc file that has the header already decompressed. If you try to decompress the entire qrc file, it won't work. The reason is that each icon is its own separate compressed file, minus the original header (i.e. the first 8 bytes of the coldboot or the xmb wave). If a new icon is added by sony, the icontex.qrc may change; otherwise, it's unlikely that it will. I've hex-compared rebug 4.46.1 rex's with the 4.53 ofw's, and they were identical.
      View attachment 5507
      -----------------------------------------------
    • Download the applicable files (contains simplyzip, HxD, n1-70, diff.qrc files, and their .dds equivalents):

Code:
      http://www.mediafire.com/download/1cifp60lkz4wf7l/ITD.rar
    • Copy over or use a dummy icontex.qrc extracted using PUAD and a .PUP of your choice (must 4.00-4.50 due to a new icon being added). The icontex.qrc is located here within the flash:

Code:
    • Open the icontex.qrc with HxD. Copy over the entire hex series of the icon. You can find this by looking for the header, hex 78 DA EC or 78 DA ED for n1-n70 and 78 DA E5 for diff, which I've outlined below. To do this select search, then click find; within the drop-box, select Hex-Values. Now, input the header you wish to search for. You'll know you've hit the beginning of another icon once you push F3 to search for the next header that contains those first three bytes. Be warned that the header randomly changes, so you may find yourself going from n1 to n22 after pressing F3 once. If you'd like to select the hex series by offset, click on edit, and choose select block; from there, enter the starting and ending offset positions.
    • Once you've selected the hex series you want, right-click the mouse and select copy. Now, create a new hex file by going to file and selecting new. Within the new file, paste the contents you just copied and hit save (name it whatever you'd like, but I'd suggest using the official sony names as not to become confused. I've added them down below, but their names are also right underneath the header and before n1.
    • This is important: add .qrc to the new file name as its extension, because simplyzip won't decompress the file without extension .qrc. I believe simplyzip is expecting you to compress a file if no extension is present hence the error. Decompressed, the file will be a normal .dds, so just add that extension to open it in photoshop (make sure to have the .dds plugin which is in my wave tutorial). Modify the icons however you'd like and save using these settings: (make sure they're 86KB each; don't mess with the diff file):

Code:
      8:8:8:8 ARGB (32-bit) w/ generate mip maps and the number 8 in the drop box

Note:
      There could be an issue with compression if the image file is larger than what's within the icontex.qrc (as you'll see, compressed, the icons are many different sizes); if it's smaller, you should be able to pad it with 0's. Also, if you were to extract all qrc files at once, transfer them over to a new hex file, then decompress, simplyzip would only decompress the first image file and discard the rest; if you were to transfer over a partial image, simplyzip should still be able to decompress it, but the image file wouldn't open in photoshop. Those are two things to look out for.

Code:
        Start  End  Header
      n1:  17E0  5B5F  78 DA ED
      n2:  5B60  ACFF  78 DA EC
      n3:  AD00  F49F  78 DA EC
      n4:  F4A0  1428F  78 DA EC
      n5:  14290  19E0F  78 DA EC
      n6:  19E10  1EA7F  78 DA EC
      n7:  1EA80  2572F  78 DA EC
      n8:  25730  2A86F  78 DA EC
      n9:  2A870  3092F  78 DA EC
      n10:  30930  3866F  78 DA EC
      n11:  38670  3F06F  78 DA EC
      n12:  3F070  45E6F  78 DA EC
      n13:  45E70  4C49F  78 DA EC
      n14:  4C4A0  52AEF  78 DA EC
      n15:  52AF0  59C1F  78 DA EC
      n16:  59C20  5EA6F  78 DA EC
      n17:  5EA70  65E3F  78 DA EC
      n18:  65E40  6D17F  78 DA EC
      n19:  6D180  7227F  78 DA EC
      n20:  72280  7B6EF  78 DA EC
      n21:  7B6F0  8122F  78 DA EC
      n22:  81230  8506F  78 DA ED
      n23:  85070  8A65F  78 DA EC
      n24:  8A660  8F91F  78 DA EC
      n25:  8F920  919EF  78 DA ED
      n26:  919F0  93A9F  78 DA ED
      n27:  93AA0  951AF  78 DA ED
      n28:  951B0  98D0F  78 DA ED
      n29:  98D10  9B14F  78 DA ED
      n30:  9B150  9E92F  78 DA ED
      n31:  9E930  A302F  78 DA EC
      n32:  A3030  A902F  78 DA EC
      n33:  A9030  AC19F  78 DA ED
      n34:  AC1A0  AF45F  78 DA ED
      n35:  AF460  B407F  78 DA EC
      n36:  B4080  BA71F  78 DA EC
      n37:  BA720  BE2CF  78 DA ED
      n38:  BE2D0  C2CFF  78 DA EC
      n39:  C2D00  C800F  78 DA EC
      n40:  C8010  CC96F  78 DA EC
      n41:  CC970  D2C9F  78 DA EC
      n42:  D2CA0  D6DCF  78 DA ED
      n43:  D6DD0  DC9EF  78 DA EC
      n44:  DC9F0  DFE3F  78 DA ED
      n45:  DFE40  E59FF  78 DA EC
      n46:  E5A00  E9B4F  78 DA ED
      n47:  E9B50  F0E2F  78 DA EC
      n48:  F0E30  F605F  78 DA EC
      n49:  F6060  F7FAF  78 DA ED
      n50:  F7FB0  FBE5F  78 DA ED
      n51:  FBE60  10040F  78 DA ED
      n52:  100410  10305F  78 DA ED
      n53:  103060  1075CF  78 DA EC
      n54:  1075D0  10BF4F  78 DA EC
      n55:  10BF50  1122AF  78 DA EC
      n56:  1122B0  117ADF  78 DA EC
      n57:  117AE0  11FE2F  78 DA EC
      n58:  11FE30  12495F  78 DA ED
      n59:  124960  12906F  78 DA ED
      n60:  129070  12F81F  78 DA EC
      n61:  12F820  13504F  78 DA EC
      n62:  135050  13BA5F  78 DA EC
      n63:  13BA60  13DC3F  78 DA ED
      n64:  13DC40  14103F  78 DA ED
      n65:  141040  146DAF  78 DA EC
      n66:  146DB0  14C10F  78 DA EC
      n67:  14C110  14F10F  78 DA ED
      n68:  14F110  15220F  78 DA ED
      n69:  152210  158B6F  78 DA EC
      n70:  158B70  15D40F  78 DA EC
      Diff:  15D410  15D97F  78 DA E5

• Step 1: Download the applicable files (contains simplyzip, HxD, n1-70, diff.qrc files, and their .dds equivalents):

Code:
      http://www.mediafire.com/download/1cifp60lkz4wf7l/ITD.rar
      Step 2: Copy over or use a dummy icontex.qrc extracted using PUAD and a .PUP of your choice (must 4.00-4.50 due to a new icon being added). The icontex.qrc is located here within the flash:

Code:
      Step 3: Open the icontex.qrc with HxD. Copy over the entire hex series of the icon. You can find this by looking for the header, hex 78 DA EC or 78 DA ED for n1-n70 and 78 DA E5 for diff, which I've outlined below. To do this select search, then click find; within the drop-box, select Hex-Values. Now, input the header you wish to search for. You'll know you've hit the beginning of another icon once you push F3 to search for the next header that contains those first three bytes. Be warned that the header randomly changes, so you may find yourself going from n1 to n22 after pressing F3 once. If you'd like to select the hex series by offset, click on edit, and choose select block; from there, enter the starting and ending offset positions.

Step 4: Once you've selected the hex series you want, right-click the mouse and select copy. Now, create a new hex file by going to file and selecting new. Within the new file, paste the contents you just copied and hit save (name it whatever you'd like, but I'd suggest using the official sony names as not to become confused. I've added them down below, but their names are also right underneath the header and before n1.

Step 5: This is important: add .qrc to the new file name as its extension, because simplyzip won't decompress the file without extension .qrc. I believe simplyzip is expecting you to compress a file if no extension is present hence the error. Decompressed, the file will be a normal .dds, so just add that extension to open it in photoshop (make sure to have the .dds plugin which is in my wave tutorial). Modify the icons however you'd like and save using these settings: (make sure they're 86KB each; don't mess with the diff file):

Code:
      8:8:8:8 ARGB (32-bit) w/ generate mip maps and the number 8 in the drop box

Note:
      There could be an issue with compression if the image file is larger than what's within
      the icontex.qrc (as you'll see, compressed, the icons are many different sizes); if it's smaller, you should be able to pad it with 0's. Also, if you were to extract all qrc files at once, transfer them over to a new hex file, then decompress, simplyzip would only decompress the first image file and discard the rest; if you were to transfer over a partial image, simplyzip should still be able to decompress it, but the image file wouldn't open in photoshop. Those are two things to look out for.

Code:
        Start  End  Header
      n1:  17E0  5B5F  78 DA ED
      n2:  5B60  ACFF  78 DA EC
      n3:  AD00  F49F  78 DA EC
      n4:  F4A0  1428F  78 DA EC
      n5:  14290  19E0F  78 DA EC
      n6:  19E10  1EA7F  78 DA EC
      n7:  1EA80  2572F  78 DA EC
      n8:  25730  2A86F  78 DA EC
      n9:  2A870  3092F  78 DA EC
      n10:  30930  3866F  78 DA EC
      n11:  38670  3F06F  78 DA EC
      n12:  3F070  45E6F  78 DA EC
      n13:  45E70  4C49F  78 DA EC
      n14:  4C4A0  52AEF  78 DA EC
      n15:  52AF0  59C1F  78 DA EC
      n16:  59C20  5EA6F  78 DA EC
      n17:  5EA70  65E3F  78 DA EC
      n18:  65E40  6D17F  78 DA EC
      n19:  6D180  7227F  78 DA EC
      n20:  72280  7B6EF  78 DA EC
      n21:  7B6F0  8122F  78 DA EC
      n22:  81230  8506F  78 DA ED
      n23:  85070  8A65F  78 DA EC
      n24:  8A660  8F91F  78 DA EC
      n25:  8F920  919EF  78 DA ED
      n26:  919F0  93A9F  78 DA ED
      n27:  93AA0  951AF  78 DA ED
      n28:  951B0  98D0F  78 DA ED
      n29:  98D10  9B14F  78 DA ED
      n30:  9B150  9E92F  78 DA ED
      n31:  9E930  A302F  78 DA EC
      n32:  A3030  A902F  78 DA EC
      n33:  A9030  AC19F  78 DA ED
      n34:  AC1A0  AF45F  78 DA ED
      n35:  AF460  B407F  78 DA EC
      n36:  B4080  BA71F  78 DA EC
      n37:  BA720  BE2CF  78 DA ED
      n38:  BE2D0  C2CFF  78 DA EC
      n39:  C2D00  C800F  78 DA EC
      n40:  C8010  CC96F  78 DA EC
      n41:  CC970  D2C9F  78 DA EC
      n42:  D2CA0  D6DCF  78 DA ED
      n43:  D6DD0  DC9EF  78 DA EC
      n44:  DC9F0  DFE3F  78 DA ED
      n45:  DFE40  E59FF  78 DA EC
      n46:  E5A00  E9B4F  78 DA ED
      n47:  E9B50  F0E2F  78 DA EC
      n48:  F0E30  F605F  78 DA EC
      n49:  F6060  F7FAF  78 DA ED
      n50:  F7FB0  FBE5F  78 DA ED
      n51:  FBE60  10040F  78 DA ED
      n52:  100410  10305F  78 DA ED
      n53:  103060  1075CF  78 DA EC
      n54:  1075D0  10BF4F  78 DA EC
      n55:  10BF50  1122AF  78 DA EC
      n56:  1122B0  117ADF  78 DA EC
      n57:  117AE0  11FE2F  78 DA EC
      n58:  11FE30  12495F  78 DA ED
      n59:  124960  12906F  78 DA ED
      n60:  129070  12F81F  78 DA EC
      n61:  12F820  13504F  78 DA EC
      n62:  135050  13BA5F  78 DA EC
      n63:  13BA60  13DC3F  78 DA ED
      n64:  13DC40  14103F  78 DA ED
      n65:  141040  146DAF  78 DA EC
      n66:  146DB0  14C10F  78 DA EC
      n67:  14C110  14F10F  78 DA ED
      n68:  14F110  15220F  78 DA ED
      n69:  152210  158B6F  78 DA EC
      n70:  158B70  15D40F  78 DA EC
      Diff:  15D410  15D97F  78 DA E5

★ How To Install Custom Firmware ★

• Tutorial:
      • How To Install Custom Firmware
      Author:
      Description:
      • I guess it's better to be a little late than never with this tutorial. I hadn't written this tutorial before, because most sites contained a tutorial on installing custom firmware. However, I'd like for my tutorials to be as complete as possible.
      View attachment 5507
    • Determine if your ps3 is on 3.55 or lower or its base firmware (what the ps3 came shipped with) is 3.55 or lower with MinVerChk:

Code:
      http://www.mediafire.com/download/s31d69pphkcv7dp/MVC.rar

Note:
      MinVerChk is not a normal update file, so it'll throw back an error during installation. What it'll display is your base firmware. Take note of this to determine whether you can downgrade your system if your fw is post 3.55. Now, there are two things to note about installing custom firmware. First, you don't need to be on 3.55 in order to install any of the 4.xx custom firmwares. You can install 4.xx cfw directly, but it's recommended you install 3.55 cfw first in order to install toggle qa or rebug toolbox. Second, some systems with 3.56 base firmware are hackable. The deciding factor is whether your system contains metldr 1 or metldr

2. Metldr 1 is hackable; metldr 2 isn't. This can be determined by the datecode on the back of the system. Compare that with the sku listing on psdevwiki:

Code:
      http://www.ps3devwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Models
      Now, the difference between 3.55 or lower and 3.56 custom firmware installation is that you can install custom firmware directly from 3.55 or lower via "System Update"; with hackable 3.56 systems, you'll need to upgrade with the use of a flasher. You can find more information about this on psdevwiki (link above). Any hackable ps3 system above 3.56 requires the use of a flasher in order to downgrade.
    • Download rebug 3.55.4 from along with rebug toolbox (to install the qa token) from:

Code:
      rebug.me

Note:
      You technically don't need to install "toggle qa" unless you're downgrading. However, if you'd like to downgrade back to 3.55 later, it's recommended that you install it now.
    • Check the MD5 with MD5 verifier or dropping the pup into a hex editor to check its MD5 checksum. Once you've verified the checksum, drop the update (must be named PS3UPDAT.PUP) on to a flash drive with this directory listing:

Code:
      PS3/UPDATE
    • Install rebug 3.55.4 from either the recovery menu or the XMB menu. In order to enter the recovery menu, hold down the power button 'til the system turns on, then off. Let go of the power button. Now, press and hold the power button again 'til you hear one beep followed by two quick beeps. Let go of the power button again. You should now be in the recovery menu. Now, select "6. System Update." If you wish to install from the XMB menu, scroll to the system tier, and select "System Update" at the top. The update version, taken from the version.txt on the root of the update, will be displayed, so you'll know which fw you're installing before the actual installation.
    • Once the update has finished installing. Install "rebug toolbox" or "toggle qa" with "Install Packages" on the games' tier. With "toggle qa," select the app after installation, and you should hear three beeps; with rebug toolbox, install the app with "Install Packages," select it afterward, scroll to "Utilities," and enable "Toggle QA." To determine if qa flagging is enabled, scroll to the system tier, go down to network settings, and hold this button sequence simultaneously:

Code:
      L1 + L2 + R1 + R2 + L3 + D-pad Down
      If successful, "Edy Viewer," "Debug Settings," and "Install Package" will appear below "Network Settings."
    • Drop your 4.xx cfw (PS3UPDAT.PUP) on to your flash drive (same location); remember to check the MD5 :):

Code:
      PS3/UPDATE
    • Install from the XMB menu or the recovery menu. Once completed, you should be on 4.xx cfw.
    • Thanks to Team Rebug, Rogero, Habib and everyone else responsible for cfw creation. :)
    • Step 1: Determine if your ps3 is on 3.55 or lower or its base firmware (what the ps3 came shipped with) is 3.55 or lower with MinVerChk:

Code:
      http://www.mediafire.com/download/s31d69pphkcv7dp/MVC.rar

Note:
      MinVerChk is not a normal update file, so it'll throw back an error during installation. What it'll display is your base firmware. Take note of this to determine whether you can downgrade your system if your fw is post 3.55. Now, there are two things to note about installing custom firmware. First, you don't need to be on 3.55 in order to install any of the 4.xx custom firmwares. You can install 4.xx cfw directly, but it's recommended you install 3.55 cfw first in order to install toggle qa or rebug toolbox. Second, some systems with 3.56 base firmware are hackable. The deciding factor is whether your system contains metldr 1 or metldr 2. Metldr 1 is hackable; metldr 2 isn't. This can be determined by the datecode on the back of the system. Compare that with the sku listing on psdevwiki:

Code:
      http://www.ps3devwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Models
      Now, the difference between 3.55 or lower and 3.56 custom firmware installation is that you can install custom firmware directly from 3.55 or lower via "System Update"; with hackable 3.56 systems, you'll need to upgrade with the use of a flasher. You can find more information about this on psdevwiki (link above). Any hackable ps3 system above 3.56 requires the use of a flasher in order to downgrade.

Step 2: Download rebug 3.55.4 from along with rebug toolbox (to install the qa token) from:

Code:
      rebug.me

Note:
      You technically don't need to install "toggle qa" unless you're downgrading. However, if you'd like to downgrade back to 3.55 later, it's recommended that you install it now.

Step 3: Check the MD5 with MD5 verifier or dropping the pup into a hex editor to check its MD5 checksum. Once you've verified the checksum, drop the update (must be named PS3UPDAT.PUP) on to a flash drive with this directory listing:
      Code:
      PS3/UPDATE
      Step 4: Install rebug 3.55.4 from either the recovery menu or the XMB menu. In order to enter the recovery menu, hold down the power button 'til the system turns on, then off. Let go of the power button. Now, press and hold the power button again 'til you hear one beep followed by two quick beeps. Let go of the power button again. You should now be in the recovery menu. Now, select "6. System Update." If you wish to install from the XMB menu, scroll to the system tier, and select "System Update" at the top. The update version, taken from the version.txt on the root of the update, will be displayed, so you'll know which fw you're installing before the actual installation.

Step 5: Once the update has finished installing. Install "rebug toolbox" or "toggle qa" with "Install Packages" on the games' tier. With "toggle qa," select the app after installation, and you should hear three beeps; with rebug toolbox, install the app with "Install Packages," select it afterward, scroll to "Utilities," and enable "Toggle QA." To determine if qa flagging is enabled, scroll to the system tier, go down to network settings, and hold this button sequence simultaneously:

Code:
      L1 + L2 + R1 + R2 + L3 + D-pad Down
      If successful, "Edy Viewer," "Debug Settings," and "Install Package" will appear below "Network Settings."

Step 6: Drop your 4.xx cfw (PS3UPDAT.PUP) on to your flash drive (same location); remember to check the MD5 :):

Code:
      PS3/UPDATE
      Step 7: Install from the XMB menu or the recovery menu. Once completed, you should be on 4.xx cfw.

Thanks to Team Rebug, Rogero, Habib and everyone else responsible for cfw creation. :)

★ How To Recalculate The Hash For Cobra ★

• Tutorial:
      • How To Recalculate The Hash For Cobra
      Author:
      Description:
      • This tutorial will show you how to recalculate the hash for cobra; not doing so, when messing with certain sprx files or the vsh.self, can break compatibility for psp and ps2 games.
      View attachment 5507

• Download this rar file and unzip it to anywhere on your computer.

Code:
      https://www.mediafire.com/?1kl8ydeo2hkq98m

• Grab the sprx/self that you're going to be working with from either the system or through PUAD. You can enable dev_blind through webman mod if you want to use the self/sprx on the system. The sprx/self will be located here:

Code:
      dev_blind/vsh/module
      Also, grab your cobra file(s) from here:

Code:
      dev_blind/rebug/cobra
      Note: The location of cobra may differ depending on your firmware.

• Place the self/sprx and the cobra file(s) in the same folder as Hashcalc (the rar you unzipped). Then, open a command window (with no files being highlighted, hold shift and press the right mouse button).

• Type:

Code:
      Hashcalc "name of sprx/self"
      without the parenthesis. Now, take note of section 0. Write it down somewhere.

• Now, we're going to do the same with the modified self/sprx that you have. If the self/sprx you're using is the modified version, you'll want to use PUAD to grab an unmodified version and redo Step 4. Take note of section 0 of the modified self/sprx.

• Now, we're going to hex edit the new value in. Download HxD:

Code:
      https://mh-nexus.de/en/downloads.php?product=HxD
      Now, open it. Drag-and-drop the cobra file(s) in and search for the hex values

Code:
      Search/Find/Hex Values
      from the dropdown menu.

We'll be searching for the first section 0 from the unmodified self/sprx. Once you've found it, replace it with the second section 0 from the modified self/sprx.

Note: If the hex values are not found, the self/sprx won't affect cobra at which point your already good.

After you've replaced the hex values, replace the cobra file(s) on your system. You're done!

• Download this rar file and unzip it to anywhere on your computer.

Code:
      https://www.mediafire.com/?1kl8ydeo2hkq98m
      Grab the sprx/self that you're going to be working with from either the system or through PUAD. You can enable dev_blind through webman mod if you want to use the self/sprx on the system. The sprx/self will be located here:

Code:
      dev_blind/vsh/module
      Also, grab your cobra file(s) from here:

Code:
      dev_blind/rebug/cobra
      Note: The location of cobra may differ depending on your firmware.

Place the self/sprx and the cobra file(s) in the same folder as Hashcalc (the rar you unzipped). Then, open a command window (with no files being highlighted, hold shift and press the right mouse button).

Type:

Code:
      Hashcalc "name of sprx/self"
      without the parenthesis. Now, take note of section 0. Write it down somewhere.

Now, we're going to do the same with the modified self/sprx that you have. If the self/sprx you're using is the modified version, you'll want to use PUAD to grab an unmodified version and redo Step 4. Take note of section 0 of the modified self/sprx.

Now, we're going to hex edit the new value in. Download HxD:

Code:
      https://mh-nexus.de/en/downloads.php?product=HxD
      Now, open it. Drag-and-drop the cobra file(s) in and search for the hex values

Code:
      Search/Find/Hex Values
      from the dropdown menu.

We'll be searching for the first section 0 from the unmodified self/sprx. Once you've found it, replace it with the second section 0 from the modified self/sprx.

Note: If the hex values are not found, the self/sprx won't affect cobra at which point your already good.

After you've replaced the hex values, replace the cobra file(s) on your system. You're done!

★ Example Images ★

• Tutorial:
      • Example Images
      Author:
      Description:
      • Here are some example images of mods/hacks that can be shown. :)
      View attachment 5507
      -----------------------------------------------

• [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage you may cause to your ps3. Just follow the instructions, and you’ll be fine! :)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  2. 9,517
    pinky

thank u STLcardsWS. :) I'll fix the links and whatnot in a day or so. one thing I wanted to add was how pkg files worked. I had noticed some people didn't understand how sony created "edat package files" as this would be an addition to that tutorial. I'll post this here, then add to my tutorials. I've known how pkg files worked for several months, but I've never posted about them. edat package files r usually themes. what u need to do is create a theme package. here's how: u need to open the package.conf and add this:

Code:
    ContentID = EP1000-PINKYDOLL_00-PINKYLOVESYOUPKG
    DRMType = FREE
    ContentType = Theme
    PackageVersion = 01.00
    well, the content id doesn't matter as it's just an example. anyway, u need to add the same content to both (example) pinkydoll and pinkydollcontents. now, open a cmd prompt, and put this in as per example:

Code:
    make_pkg_ndrm.exe package.conf pinkydoll (drag and drop as solely a folder name won't work) pinkydollcontents (same as before)
    u've successfully created a pkg with no sfo. further info is available. :)

Yugonibblit likes this.
  3. 7,688
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

4. 9,517
    pinky

yeah, I saw that. I haven't solved the issue with installing the ps3logo.dat. it's actually a png file that u can replace with ur own if u wish. I have the offsets for the name as well as the file itself, but anyone can find that really. I think there's some misunderstanding with rap/rif files. they're actually decryption keys. they don't unlock content. the klicense does, but a free license circumvents the rap/rif encryption. that's how "fixes" technically work. to sony, if a file is decrypted, it's good to go.

Yugonibblit likes this.
  5. 9,517
    pinky

I've added new links, a different color for some text that was difficult to read on a white background, and additions to the edat pkg tutorial.

6. 7
    Zackloader

Zackloader Forum Noob

Ok, Thanks man, very good ...

7. 618
    self_slaughter

self_slaughter Member

Thanks a lot for this, handy information to have!

I've been playing around with my XMB a bit lately cleaning it up.
    Got rid of Netflix, singstar, psp crap etc.

Everything's organised alphabetically but I can't manage to change the names of the sort options via explore_plugin_full.rco for some reason.
    Made the modifications, recompiled and uploaded the file but no go. I even tried deleting tmp/explorer to see if something there was still retaining the old info.

Any ideas what could be going on or what else I need to change?

8. 9,517
    pinky

what happens when u change the names? sony messed up the sorting mechanic, so u have to do the opposite of what u want.

Ps3_dev likes this.
  9. 618
    self_slaughter

self_slaughter Member

Nothing seems to happen, the names stay the same (Creation Date).
    The actual sorting alphabetically is working fine, just can't change the label for some reason.
    I'm thinking the labels must be cached somewhere else on the hdd and not actually reading from the flash.
    Tried rebuilding database etc. but no luck.

10. 9,517
    pinky

Code:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/3rn4aje0mrkomy5/PS3~dev_blind~vsh~resource~explore~xmb.zip
    games, dlc, and title updates all alphabetical via rex 4.65. that isn't how it works. all rco files use the app loader within lv 0. things like the ps2 emulator use the isoloder so say icons r retrieved from the vram. that's y changing rco icons don't appear when playing a ps1 and ps2 game. which fw r u on?

11. 618
    self_slaughter

self_slaughter Member

Thanks for the info, only just starting to get into the ps3.
    I'm on darknet 4.70 cobra at the moment.

I'll have a look at that file then play with mine some more tonight and see how it goes.
    I tried redumping the rco to check that my changes worked which they did so just kinda stumped why it didn't take effect.
    Couldn't find anywhere else in the rco it could be getting the original labels from, but haven't spent much Time on it yet.
    Not a drama, at least the sorting works but fun to tinker with regardless :)

12. 9,517
    pinky

compare this to urs:
    Code:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/6qw4kx3xm2cbne1/PS3~dev_blind~vsh~resource.zip
    it's an installable zip, but it's for rebug 4.65 rex. the zip contains alphabetized dlc/updates as well as psn games. the rco also has the text changed to reflect that. also, it's alphabetized upwards and downwards in case u want that. strangely, sony mixed up the alphabetizing in the rco with the xml, so one has to be backwards (if that makes sense).

13. 1
    stianrustad

stianrustad

Amazing thread man! :D I just got one question about the normal coldboots :) do I put gtf files in in hex and copy them to coldboot.bak? :) I got some problems :(

14. 189
    doctorwho05

doctorwho05 Member

TIMELORD
    Nice tutorial THX for sharing

15. 4,365
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Ensō Tester Developer

Sony Fanboy
    Home Page:
    Any chance you made a premade zip for 4.70 yet?

16. 9,517
    pinky

I did alphabetize mine, yes. I also discovered more ways of alphabetizing as the system recognizes several strings.

17. 4,365
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Ensō Tester Developer

Sony Fanboy
    Home Page:
    Care to share the ready made files by chance?

18. 9,517
    pinky

sure. this is for rebug 4.70 rex:

Code:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/j55d4b3yjquh25u/PS3~dev_blind~vsh~resource.zip
    dlc, title updates, game data will be alphabetized starting from the top downward. psn games can be alphabetized upwards or downwards as I included both along with changing the rco text.

19. 3,856
    bitsbubba

bitsbubba Super Moderator / Developer Super Moderator Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Homicidal Super Moderator
    Home Page:
    Been looking for this

20. 9,517
    pinky

it makes u wonder what sony was thinking with their sorting mechanics. I had determined how the original sorting mechanics were done. the installation time is listed in the metadata too. if u've ever had a failed install or deletion, the folder name is named after the time of operation. it works backwards from year, month, day, etc. though, there was one number in the metadata that I was never able to figure out what it referred to. at first, I thought it was a profile ID number, but that doesn't appear to be the case. it was/is the only thing I don't understand within the metadata. :-/