Pinky's Wii-U Tutorials

Discussion in 'Wii-U' started by pinky, Oct 27, 2016.

1. 6,025
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

I believe there's a way to have cbhc and haxchi together, and this is due to something that doesn't make sense by Nintendo. if u own a wii u, u may have noticed that u can not only move a game but copy it. if u copy a game, u essentially have two copies of the same game but the home menu will only display one of them. it's either the usb or the first one created that takes priority (not sure which). if u copy the game from usb to mlc (internal flash) before installing cbhc, the haxchi game will work and be intact since cbhc will use one copy and the home menu the other. it explains the differences in booting by people in the cbhc icon where sometimes haxchi would work; other times, the cbhc menu would work. wtf Nintendo??? there's no purpose to copying a game if u can only have one game is present. it makes no sense. lol!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  2. 6,025
    pinky

I learned a couple new things from the great Cyan on temp. apparently, the wii u will ask 3 times whether or not to format a hard disk (this is important if using an hdd with the vwii). use ustealth in this case or a toggle switch. I have both, but I use ustealth.

also, if u hold B upon boot up, the system will switch to the virtual wii automatically - cbhc or normal - it doesn't matter.

3. 6,025
    pinky

@Joonie , I got some more info regarding that downgrade. apparently, the seeprom prevents downgrading, so once u upgrade, u may need to redump the seeprom. I got this info from a member of temp. I don't know if it's true, but this guy really knows his stuff regarding Nintendo systems, so he's probably on the ball here. redump ur seeprom even if u had it dumped on 5.5.1 just in case u need it. I'm not sure if it's needed to reflash the system in case of a brick though (I don't think so). I know the otp is if u don't a NAND dump without coldboot haxchi installed. if u do have it installed and that's ur NAND dump, u need the otp to decrypt it and fix the system.xml which is used with coldboot haxchi. however, u can use someone else's otp I believe since u may only need the wii u common key which the otp contains. the seeprom is ever changing though which is y I'd recommend redumping it. it also increases by one each time u format the system which is y games on the usb no longer work if formatting the system.

edit: btw, I tested the otp with my NAND dump and Eyekey's tools. u can see the file system and make changes to it. :)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  4. 6,025
    pinky

a friend of mine used my fake license tutorial a day or two ago and was successful. :D I think he used the one on gbatemp though since he's a member there. as far as I know, he's not a member here. I posted the fake license tutorial there by itself since there r better tutorials on self hosting and blocking updates already there. I never saw the tutorial there, so I created it there, then here.

what's odd about fake licenses or licenses in general is that Lucadian Chronicles, my first fake license encounter since I accidentally reinstalled the game with one, wouldn't allow the fake license to be deleted with the game. this will cause an error on the eshop if u try to download, then reinstall the game. licenses r recorded the moment u select purchase, so they exist before the game is actually downloaded. anyway, I think the fake ticket must be first in the ticket bucket though. however, crunchyroll could be deleted with its fake ticket as per my experience. there seems to be no logic to which apps/games can be deleted with a fake ticket. however, I did have a legit ticket and a fake one with Lucadian Chronicles, so that could be the reason. I wanted all my purchases to have legit tickets. I have 77 games on the wii u, all purchased and accounted for...for when I had money. they're digital purchases.

5. 6,025
    pinky

here's an interesting thing I learned today. you can change the controller type for use with haxchi by editing one string in the meta.xml of the used game. it should be:

Code:
    <drc_use type="unsignedInt" length="4">1</drc_use>
    I'm not sure if that's for the pro controller or the wiimote, but its original value is 2, so it may be for both. this way, you don't need the gamepad with haxchi's button presses. if you have a default location, you can just use that instead of the gamepad, but if you want more than one option, you have this. :) I'm not sure if games can be played this way, but some may be difficult to play without a gamepad. new super mario bros. and yoshi's island come to mind.

6. 249
    Phil

Phil Member

is there an entry point for 5.5.2 yet?

7. 6,025
    pinky

yes, via a browser hack. it's very unreliable though, but as long as you can boot it once, that's all that matters. u just need to make sure to have haxchi and a compatible game ready for that one time. brain age is the cheapest for usa. europe - free for older consoles; u have to pay for it on newer ones.

edit: this has to be a legit title, so u can't use a pirated one. if u do, it either won't work (haxchi) or u'll brick (cbhc). here's the website:

Code:
    http://stupiid.ovh/

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  8. 249
    Phil

Phil Member

@pinky thanks for the reply just went to purchase brain age but seems to be have removed from the store, is there any other game I could buy or will any ds game work

9. 6,025
    pinky

here's a list of compatible titles: https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/blob/master/installer/src/gameList.h#L14-L102

I was using yoshi's island ds before brain age. I was using it as cbhc, but since I was at the last stage, I thought it prudent to use a game I wouldn't play. :-p

10. 6,025
    pinky

btw, @Phil , r u sure u were looking for the right game. I just thought of this - brain age is under a different name in pal territories. I've not seen anything on temp about brain age being removed, so that would be my guess as to y u couldn't find it.

11. 249
    Phil

Phil Member

yeah its defo not on eu store or I'm just blind lol, anyways I found big brain academy which is on the above list so i've bought that, so would you recommend haxchi yeah, if so is there any decent tutorials you've made or you know @pinky

12. 6,025
    pinky

there's not much in terms of a need for tutorials when it comes to the wii u since almost everything is automated. just drop the haxchi's app folder in wiiu/apps on ur sd card. the haxchi folder itself will be on the root if u want to change anything like the image, boot sound, or the way haxchi works. by default, it boots up the homebrew launcher. enter the homebrew launcher initially by going to that website, then click on the haxchi app (requires gamepad), and it will do everything for u. if u want to boot with sig patches (being able to play backups), create a file named config.txt and add this line default=sysMenu . place that in the haxchi folder on the root of ur sd card. it will boot u back to the home menu with sig patches. that's all there really is to it. :)

edit: I forgot to mention place that compatible game on the mlc (internal storage), then disconnect any usb drive u have so that it finds the right game.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  13. 6,025
    pinky

14. 249
    Phil

Phil Member

got the game got all files I need and finally got the exploit to work after missing an 'i' out of stupiid.ovh (yeah feel stupid lol) but just keeps saying cant find homebrew_launcher which I have, just cant get the wiiu to recognise the memory card, @pinky please help

here's a link to the root structure of my sd if you get time could you check it for me just haxchi and homebrew launcher, https://db.tt/fdVs31uTOM

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017 at 11:37 AM
  15. 6,025
    pinky

16. 6,025
    pinky

@Phil , I just checked your config.txt. it's pointing to the elf version of the homebrew launcher. that's your issue. make sure you don't push any buttons as well since it's listed as default.

17. 249
    Phil

Phil Member

thanks for your help @pinky after some while ive finally got haxchi installed and blocked future system updates, could NOT of done it without you so thanks again, any recommendations for homebrew or apps etc wiiu side or pc?

18. 6,025
    pinky

retroarch is on the wii u. definitely get tik2sd to dump ur tickets and nand dumper to dump the nand, seeprom, and otp. that stuff is in case u brick.

19. 6,025
    pinky

@Phil , it needs to be default=sysmenu , not default=sysMenu. I didn't realize it was case sensitive. that's the only way I've seen it too.

20. 249
    Phil

Phil Member

sorry what do you mean mate and what is it for