The new PKG Linker is here, we both put a lot of time and effort into this project, so we hope you get many hours of happy use out of it. Within a few days of the release @DeViL303 and I (pink1) started working on an update for PKG Linker v1. After seeing all of the server problems in v1 we built v2 around a Modular copy of Uniform Server. The project has been completely rebuilt, with new features including:
- Complete GUI overhaul
- Better error handling for corrupt pkgs
- Saveable settings
- Server control and better server error handling
- Better IP/adaptor detection
- Better port control, now settings controls app and server
- Minimise to tray
- Tray notifications for important actions
- Tray controls while app is minimized
- PS3 side server controls via new server setup item on the XMB.
- Now detects package signing type and lists it in the app and on the XMB
- Ping Tool for checking PS3 is reachable in direct connection situations
- PS3Xploit Resigner Tool - all packages in unsigned folder can be signed with one click
- Warnings when packages in folder have changed but pkg list not updated.
- Warning when port has been changed but server not restarted.
- Auto list generation when its required, like after saving new settings.
- Theme settings, colors, Light/Dark.
- Help section with trouble shooting for connection problems
What is PKG Linker?PKG Linker is a PC application that is used to serve packages to CFW/HAN enabled PS3s, it utilizes a webserver to fool the PS3 into thinking it is downloading the package from Sony servers.
Using this method to install a package, gets around the 4GB maximum filesize limitations of fat32, normally faced when using external storage devices.
With PKG Linker there is no limit. With a wired network its quick too, I have transferred a 15GB package in under 20 minutes. It should work over wifi, but that same 15GB package could take 10 hours or more.
If you have a multiple network adaptors enabled at the same time this app could pick up the wrong IP. This can happen with VPNs or virtual adaptors too.
Please check that the app is showing your PCs correct IP address. If its not showing your IP address then type it in or select it from the dropdown menu, rescan or save settings, then reinstall the Package_List.pkg via USB. To find out your current IP address open a Command prompt window and type "ipconfig", if multiple IPs are listed try them all one by one if you are not sure which IP is correct.
Note: Every time the port or IP address is changed in this app you must install a freshly made Package_List.pkg via USB and then reboot the PS3. This is important, if you dont do this the PS3 is still looking to the old IP address or port for both the Package_List.pkg, and all the other packages.
If you are having problems, after any network changes you can try the Ping tool in PKG Linker settings to see if the PS3 is reachable, just enter your PS3s IP which can be got from: PS3 Network settings > Settings and Connection Staus List > IP Address .
Related PS3 Errors
Any errors not on this list are most likely not related to this app and are a problem with your pkgs.
- 404 Error means a server is running on correct IP but the file can not be found, bad link. File moved
- 400 Error means server is running, can be a port issue, port conflict maybe. Try change port.
- 80029567 Signing check failed, HAN Enabler not ran or debug installer ran by mistake or pkg not resigned.
- 80029564 Signing check failed, On CFW trying to install a pkg signed for HAN.
- 80023324 Wifi connection issues, or just bad connection, use a cable, see bottom.
- 8071053D Blocked, check port settings, check firewalls etc.
- 80710092 Host not reachable is a common error and can be anything so its a hard error to trace.
Possible reason for 80710092
- IPs configured wrong.
- Windows firewall.
- Other firewall or AntiVirus.
- Cable problem.
- Port blocked on server.
- Port conflict on server.
- Missing dll on system.
- Package_List.pkg not installed by usb since server settings changed.
- PS3 not rebooted since new Package_List.pkg installed.
Things to try:
- Disable firewalls, inc windows firewall, defender, avast shield etc.
- Make sure the pkg linker app says your PCs current IP, it may have picked up wrong IP.
- See if you can access server via ps3 web browser.
- Install fresh package list via usb everytime you change settings.
- Always reboot ps3 to see changes on XMB after loading a new list.
- Try changing ports.
- Try run other servers, see below for xampp instructions.
- Read the entire pkg linker 2.0 thread and try other peoples solutions.
- Google how to set up a web server and try learn about it.
Instruction for using another server like xampp
- Make sure no other webservers are running first.
- Install XAMPP, run it, click the top start button for apache.
- Put packages and the PKG Linker exe into the c:\xampp\htdocs folder.
- Run PKG Linker, dont start the built in server.
- Go to PS3 and run HAN Enabler and then try refresh list.
- If it downloads the new Package_List.pkg then Reboot.
- Run HAN Enabler again and try install a pkg.
- While testing its best if you do this with pkgs that you 100% know work via USB.
Connection speed issues and error 80023324
You are better off running a wired connection for the best transfer speeds. The PS3's Wifi is very slow and is known for dropouts during large transfers. With a wired setup you can get almost 1GB per minute transfer speeds. You can connect via a router or directly with one cable going from PS3 to PC.
Note that if connecting directly without a router you will have no DHCP for giving out IP addresses.
So you will need to do this to achieve a connection:
- Enter manual IP addresses on both devices, see below for an example if you don't know how.
- Set the PC to 192.168.0.2
- Set the PS3 to 192.168.0.3
- Set the gateway on both PC and PS3 to 192.168.0.1
- Set the subnet mask the same for both to 255.255.255.0
- Set the DNS on both to be 18.104.22.168
- Do not bother testing the connection on PS3, it will fail, skip the test.
- Then make sure this app says 192.168.0.2 for the IP.(or whatever your PCs IP is set to)
- Rescan with this app and then Install Package_List.pkg again manually via USB, then reboot.
- Then run the webserver and you should have no 80023324 errors and fast speeds
The PS3Xploit Team: W, @esc0rtd3w , @bguerville & @habib for HAN, PS3xploit-resigner an extra thanks to habib for the help with the signing type.
@Berion for the icons.
@Rudi Rastelli for PS3 PKG Ripper.
All of the other developers and members from over the years who have helped in any way.
Download @: psx-place.com
PS3 PKG Linker 2.0 - Serve Packages to your PS3 (HAN/CFW)
By pink1 on Apr 1, 2018 at 4:50 PM
ref00d (plugin) Released - Run Games / Apps that require a higher FW from your ownFollowing the big news from Team Molecule several weeks ago and effectively opening the system wide open, it was only a matter of time before we would start to see other developer's start putting the finding to use and we have seen the FAPS Team (team members listed below) have recently released a new (taiHEN) plugin called ref00d, this plugin is a big deal, as it will allows users/devs to use content that would otherwise require a higher firmware to be played/executed on a lower firmware for your exploited PS Vita or PlayStation TV. Typically not an easy task to reach but thanks to Team Molecule's research and the FAPS Team we now have a ready to use simple plugin solution to remove those firmware restrictions, see additional details about this plugin release in the release notes provided below by the development team.
[Update x2] RetroArch (PS2) Preview (includes 2 cores) - Introducing New Nigthly PS2 ReleasesUpdate (2x): Reports are coming in this PS2 Homebrew is also working on PS3 HAN & PS4 (5.05).
With progress making headway on the upcoming PS4 port of RetroArch from a group of developer's, Another developer (fjtrujy) started progress on a PlayStation 2 (PS2) port several months back (view previous progress) and now has a port that progressed enough for a public soft release, Now available in the new RetroArch PS2 Nighties for anyone interested in downloading and trying out the multi-system emulator on your homebrew capable PS2 hardware. @fjtrujy warns that many things need implemented yet and many pending issue remain and only these early release contains two cores currently 2048 and QuickNES. Which is likely to grow and a good gauge to base what is expected for the PS2 port, Would be to view the PSP as that should be a good baseline of what to expect and the PS2 may be able to handy more then the PSP likely.Continue reading
2018 - Year in Review: "Kernel Exploits, New Cryptographic Failures and a (tiny) new Console" [Poll]2018 is over and it was a very interesting Year, not only for you as a Gamer, but also for PSX-Place. We saw many Releases across all platforms, like several Kernel- and Web Exploits for the PlayStation 4, the PlayStation Vita caught a strong year as well, especially back in December, but also the PS3 was still very popular with many updated Homebrew Releases for System Firmware 4.82 for instance. We also saw some newcomers like the PlayStation Classic, where everyone knows how bad Sony designed it and why we (the Homebrew-Community) has to fix it. But in case you missed something, this Article will give you an overview what happend so far in 2018 for the whole PlayStation-family. And to round things up, there is a small Poll you can find down below where you can vote for your favourite Console of last year. Every Vote is welcome.
But what will 2019 bring to you? It's still early to say but maybe Sony will satisfy the all Gamer who asks for a "PS5". But the PS4 is still a powerful machine don't you think? Maybe we will see a new Kernel Exploit for a higher System Firmware with the hope that it will lead into a proper Homebrew Community. But however the end result will be, we hope that you will stay faithful to our Community, so you won't miss any action in 2019. And speaking of that, we wish everyone a Happy New Year 2019 and may your dreams/wishes come true.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: