Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

Please Help! Question about installing game data

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by PatrickFtw, Sep 9, 2018.

1. 1
    PatrickFtw

PatrickFtw Forum Noob

Okay, this might be completely silly, but I'm looking into jailbreaking my ps3.. solely for the purpose of installing the gamedata files for a game I actually own lol. I bought a ps3 and UFC 3 Undisputed, as I've had a crazy urge to play a UFC game for a bit now, but there's none on PC. Even though the game looks fine, and ps3 can play other games no problem, every time I try to play, it says "Installing required data for the game" and gets to about 17-30% or so, then stops. It doesn't freeze up, loading icons still moving, etc.. but I left it running for a full day and it didnt move lol.

So to my question, if I do the HAN exploit or whatever, would I be able to put the required data on a USB, and have it install to my ps3 from there? Or is there another way? I don't have the $ to go buy a new HD, or ps3 lol, so trying to figure out other options. Or if I can just download the ISO files or something that'd be sick. But yeah I do have the disc, not sure if that helps anything or not.

Sorry for the super long post!
    TL;DR Can I download required game install data to a USB and install on my ps3 with HAN exploit or whatever? Trying to play UFC 3 Undisputed on my ps3, not having luck with installing from the disc.

2. 9,113
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

you can place game data on usb as long as you use gamedata tool, but I don't believe that is possible with han. you shouldn't be too disappointed though. it doesn't work with a lot of games, and installing directly is slow af. it might take hours to install game data depending on the game.

3. 2,511
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Most probably the internal hdd of your PS3 has problems, or/and you have already corrupted data stored inside the hdd from that game (the data loaded by games at boot are: gamedata install, game updates, savedata, and trophy data)

First thing you should do is to delete the "gamedata" from that game... (triangle over his icon, located inside a folder on top of "game" XMB column)
    This includes the gamedata installation itself (the one is failing for you now) + all the game updates you installed before for that game

Next, enter http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Recovery_Menu
    And use the option "restore filesystem" (and "rebuild database" if you want, this is optional though)

When completed (if successfull) try to boot the game again and see if the gamedata installation completes normally

Zazenora likes this.
  4. 2,511
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Hmmmm have you checked if the disc is scratched or with greasy fingerprints ?
    Take a good look at the disc surface under a lamp, if it has fingerprints clean it in warm water + shower gel (and your hands, one hand at each side)

If it has scratches it can be polished to remove them, but polishing a PS3 bluray (by the ghetto way, for free) with the purpose of inserting it again in the PS3 is a bad idea because is going to stress the laser and will short his life

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    Zazenora likes this.
  5. 209
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    HAN does give you the ability to use a File Explorer which gives you access to the PS3's internal HDD files, which as @sandungas mentioned having corrupt data already stored related to the game. You must be careful as to what you do when using the File Explorer though, as deleting the wrong files could potentially brick your PS3. I'd advise you get better instructions on exactly how to do this, than from me before attempting this.(Should this option be viable.)

6. 7,334
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

Unfortunately afaik, the game is not compatible with cfw2ofw so you won't be able to convert it & install it from USB or through PKG Linker.
    I don't know if there is a PSN version. If there is one, you might use it.

HAN could help copying the gamedata files though. If you have a mean to extract files from the disc (not all PC BD Drives can read PS3 discs), you could make a custom pkg with the gamedata files that need installed, then install that custom pkg using the HAN Package Manager & the Debug PKG Enabler tool.
    That's also assuming the game doesn't do more than copying the files during the installation phase you are trying to skip, which btw is somehow unlikely, however it might still be worth a try.

Having said that, the main problem remains. There is a reason for the game installation failure, whatever that is. BD disc issue, hdd issue, something else?
    A hdd issue needs fixed, a BD issue might lead to problems to extract the files & problems during the game etc..

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    Zazenora likes this.