Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 Possible way for HAN to work offline.

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit HAN ( PS3 3k / 4k Models)' started by NewFile, Sep 16, 2018.

1. 84
    NewFile

NewFile Member

Turns out there is a semi HTML file being loaded locally from the PS3 flash itself. The file is PS3_OSS_Noitice.txt , a plain text file (with a typo in the name haha) and it's located in :
    Code:
    dev_flash/vsh/resource/sysconf/credits/PS3_OSS_Noitice.txt
    More info here, and a preview aswell. As soon as you see it you immediately notice the "<br>", a common and heavily used HTML tag. The contents of this file are displayed in the Settings/System Settings/About PlayStation®3 (PS3™). In fact they do not immediately display but after another block of text. This first block of text is in fact found in one of the rco. The sysconfig_settings I think.

Now to testing... doing a simple string editing works. Doing a "<strong>, <i>" has no effect but the codes are certainly parsed because they do not display around the text, for example:

Code:
    This is a <strong>Test</strong>
    will simply show
    Code:
    This is a test
    Using a HTML table will also work! Pretty cool! But "<th>" are not parsed(they still do not display though). And of course coming up to the most famous thing of the <script> tag.

Doing that will simply display the js code. Example:

Code:
    This is a <script>alert("test");</script>
    will show"

Code:
    This is alert("test");
    So the tags and codes are parsed,some work and some others do not. I believe that this is related to Versions found here
    What should do is make a copy of the .srpx that support the javascript engine and then rename to it the the basic one and overwrite it. Most likely system information is using that the default basic non js engine or something like that .Certainly worth investigating.

This is not purely related HAN despite being posted in it's section. I am on CFW and have no use of this but it would be really cool if we could experiment further, there is chance that HAN users can exploit it, and they can edit the RCO to change the "About PlayStation®3 (PS3™)" to "Apply HAN (PS3™)" right from the system settings haha. And even if this does not work there is still chance for this offline HAN with another method.
    For CFW users we can use it to make any changes if we wish. It's not important but something funny might come out of it.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    esc0rtd3w, cygmon0 and sandungas like this.
  2. 1
    ZenJB

ZenJB Forum Noob

Hello,
    Try putting in the file a redirect meta or anything of the same kind to a webpage (for example google) and tell me the result.
    Regards,
    ZenJB

3. 709
    esc0rtd3w

esc0rtd3w Developer

Hacker
    Home Page:
    we tested this a while back, it loads silk and not webkit. it doesnt load webrender or webbrowser sprx, if i remember correctly...

its basically the same problem that the apps have from our testing, most use silk, with the exception of BBC Sports which uses Webkit and Youtube, which uses h5vcc, a stripped down webkit

this may be a possible avenue though, as we did not put much time into researching it. feel free to use debugger and try some things.

nice job on testing it though, not many others seem to want to try things out haha :)

Zazenora and sandungas like this.
  4. 175
    ayassinsayed

ayassinsayed Member

Thanks for your efforts . I wann to ask u question can activate install all pkg in package manager in han like cfw ps3 or not ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk