Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 Pre-sploit prep questions

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit CFW Installer ( PS3 25XX Models & Lower)' started by Dullivan, Oct 13, 2018.

1. 1
    Dullivan

Dullivan Forum Noob

Hello! FNG here. Semi-experienced hacking consoles, including a CFW on 3.56 PS3, but trying to figure out how likely I am to turn this machine into construction material. Ive read thru as much as I can find as far as steps (mainly from the CFW writer v1 initial post) and was looking for a bit of clarification on a few things regarding running v2 on my OG phat system. Numbered list for easy reply and ordered discussion if necessary.

1) I have OFW 4.50. I see where v2 is compatible with OFW 4.0+. Anything special I need to know for a lower FW? Is 4.82 still recommended?

2) Step 1 say
    "Install OFW 4.82 twice on the console you wish to flash to avoid the potential corruption error during CFW installation."
    Is this still the case? Do I need to reinstall 4.5 since that's what I'm using? Since 4.83 is now the only upgrade option online (and I know I don't want 4.83), do I need to find a 4.82 (or 4.5 depending on previous answer) install on the web and load it via USB?

3. Are the flash dumper and PY checker also run online, or do they need to be downloaded to USB?

4. After I verify, it says I'm supposed to be able to load "4.82 CFW". Do I need to look specifically for one that runs 4.82 or would I be able to use basically anything CFW that's compatible with that OFW like rebug, etc?

If I'm successful I'd be willing to write out some more discrete steps, though I don't have a way to capture screenshots. I used to do training documents and troubleshooting steps for work, so should be NDB.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. Hopefully it helps more than just me.

arcadekidflo likes this.
  2. 7,422
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

1 & 2. The Flash Writer 2.0 only works on 4.82. You will need to update & for a smooth result, I recommend installing ofw 4.82 twice in a row from USB device using the XMB system update feature before jailbreaking.

3. You do what you want. Host the ps3xploit tools locally or use the online version (ps3xploit.com). Up to you.
    Pyps3checker is a tool available on github.com/littlebalup. You nerd to download it & install it + requirements (Python 2.7). Read the Readme document.

4. After jailbreak, you must install a 4.82 CFW. Choose the one you prefer, it makes no difference.

Use the steps for NOR consoles I wrote some time ago in this post. If your console is a NAND type, just amend the text/URLs accordingly but the steps are identical.
    https://www.psx-place.com/index.php?posts/108103

STLcardsWS likes this.
  3. 462
    Bloodmoons366466

Bloodmoons366466 Member

Please for the love of god,install the 4.82 ofw from a usb on sonys website.Dont install it from the internet.If you do then enjoy 4.83,which is unexploitable currently.

4. 50
    SoJustMe

SoJustMe Forum Noob

OFW 4.82

then use HDD method it is better and easier

dump your flash from the website ps3xploit.com to check for errors first, if it is ok proceed