Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

Preowned gamestop ps3

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by TheHiro, Jan 9, 2019.

1. 16
    TheHiro

TheHiro Forum Noob

So im gonna be getting a 250gb ps3 slim from gamestop, what are the chances itll be on less than 4.83? and before anyone says dont get one from gamestop, im getting it because if it doesnt work out, i can just drive back to gamestop and return it.

2. 560
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Member

Graphic Designer
    I dont live in the US or Canada area,not even in US Soil, but from what ive heard from people, Gamestop its notorious for screwing people over with theyre Pre-Owned or Refurbished PlayStation3s, you are basically paying a premium price for a device that i asure you they didnt even bother do maintenance in the first place.

Here in Portugal,we have shops, sort like GameStop, but with more stuff, but the practice its the same, shady stuff, overpriced hardware, only to find out that the unit fails within a week, it happend to me personally, and to many of my friends, whom were intrested for PS3s,but wanted some sort of a warranty, in case it the unit failed.

There its no chance, whenever the unit can be on 4.82, you need to make sure it is, which its always a risk, and for what specific exploit you wish to install, that its CFW or HAN, because saying a 250Gb PS3 its not enough, you need to dig deeper to find the model and compatible firmware, and i am sure if the unit isnt on 4.82 or it isnt a, lets say a CFW compatible machine, i am sure 99.9% that GameStop wont accept you return, unless the machine its broken (i could be wrong).

My suggestion? Find one from places like eBay,Amazon,Craigslist,Kijiji, Garage Sales, Pawn Shops, usually you can get a sweet deal, for a value that seems acceptable, i personally wouldnt trust GameStop if i were you ;)

Hope it helps

3. 243
    Yugonibblit

Yugonibblit PSX-Place Supporter

Mechanic
    they update all consoles before sale,so customer can play the latest games and log into psn,they dont want people complaining about having to up date. game stop is way over priced. take naked_snake1995. advice!

4. 1,075
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

Ive bought a few used consoles from gamestop's. I've never had a problem with any of them. You have 7 days to get your money back, and I think 14 to exchange

Yugonibblit likes this.
  5. 243
    Yugonibblit

Mechanic
    well its been hit or miss with me, purchased a cecha01 60 one time for 249.00 brought it home and it worked for 10 min then ylod, got another one then it lasted a day then same thing, got tired of going back to game stop to jump threw hoops got my money back and bought 2 cecha01 models , one for 15.00 and one for 55.00, they are still working today. this was at least 8-10 years ago. did get a 120 slim from there when they had big sale. it works fine still to this day i think i was lucky lol!

6. 290
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    Home Page:
    Honestly I'd just be up front with them about it. To gamestop, a sale is a sale, and if they're wanting to do their job, just tell them you're looking for a PS3 with a specific firmware. I live in a small rural county in east KY, so this may not be the case elsewhere. I also went to highschool with a few of the employees, as well as at other shops that deal with game consoles and PC repairs.
    Just don't start talking about things that could make them worry about losing business, if you know what I mean.

You have every right to know exactly what you're getting before you pay for it. They can easily check it for you, as they check any game console that's brought in. As long as they can potentially make the sale, they're doing their job and shouldn't be worried about what you plan on doing with it. You'd be suprised the people that work at GameStop that partake in the scene as well lol.

Yugonibblit likes this.
  7. 243
    Yugonibblit

Mechanic
    everyone has a differnt experience, mine sucked, all dicks were i went lol

8. 9,687
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

might as well try ebay. I mean most ps3s out there are hackable. if you look at the ps4, maybe half, if not more, are the same way yet the cost for one of those is barely beyond used.

Yugonibblit likes this.
  9. 243
    Yugonibblit

Mechanic
    sorry but no offence but dont tell me to tnot talk about what really happend like i said .cks

10. 241
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Honestly, I've heard nothing but bad things about Gamestop. We don't have them here in the UK; we have Game and we used to have Gamestation and my personal favourite, Grainger Games, which sadly went out of business last year. I'm sure @Cypher_CG89 will also remember them fondly, with him being from the North East. We still have CEX aka Entertainment Exchange and Game, but I was never really a fan of their stores.

Cypher_CG89 and Yugonibblit like this.
  11. 243
    Yugonibblit

Mechanic
    hello @pinky hope your doing well,

12. 9,687
    pinky

yeah, I remember gamestop one time trying to sell me person 2 with a cracked case, claiming it was new.

13. 290
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    Home Page:
    With what I previously said, I do agree that GameStop does run a shitty business. Ripoff prices for games, barely a difference in price between New and Used/Refurbished systems. It's a decent place to pick up some used games, but I hate how they stick the stickers on the original cases, it destroys the plastic when you try to peel them off.
    I just personally know a couple employees at my GameStop that I get along with, but when it comes to the corporate decisions, I'm with you on that.

Yugonibblit likes this.
  14. 241
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

CEX in the UK is notorious for that. They have at least one, but usually 2 or 3 round stickers with the company logo on, and then a wide rectangular sticker with the price on. More times than not, the stickers end up leaving glue on the cases and/or only partially peeling off. Still, their prices are decent and I've yet to buy a disc from there (they also sell CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays etc, all pre-owned) that wouldn't play.

Zazenora likes this.
  15. 1,310
    pink1

pink1 Moderator Developer

Goo gone is some amazing stuff. I’ve not tried it on those stickers but on about anything I have used it on it worked great.
    It does leave a residue but it seems to come off pretty easily with a little alcohol.

Zazenora and Yugonibblit like this.
  16. 9,687
    pinky

you can use lighter fluid as well. it's good for getting ready of goo. best buy does this often with in store pickups. though, they're definitely better than gamestop.

Zazenora and Yugonibblit like this.
  17. 17
    Marvin Freeman

Marvin Freeman Forum Noob

I just took a ps3 4.83 back to gamestop today they told me that it was not update they lie

18. 560
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Member

Graphic Designer
    Probably they didn't lie indeed, either they did it or the owner of the trade did! Either way, stay away from GameStop lad, don't bother.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

19. 17
    Marvin Freeman

Marvin Freeman Forum Noob

yeah you right i,m not dealing with them anymore

i got to order a ps3 or a ps4 on ebay they sell them on low firmware they are very pricey

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2019
  20. 560
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Member

Graphic Designer
    Isn't better to find one in your area, or a bit in your reach, so you can test it, and make sure its in 4.82?

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Yugonibblit likes this.