PS3 Problem with my games

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by BasilouR, Jan 11, 2019.

1. 25
    BasilouR

BasilouR Forum Noob

Hi ! I currently have a PS3 with a Bluray HS drive.... I manage to make some original games work (that I have at home) but I can't make [email protected], Black Ops and Portal 2 work because they need a game in the player. The problem is that my console no longer detects CDs. So do you know an option in a backup launcher to emulate a CD (not the bluray drive!) in the drive? Thank you in advance ^^

2. 491
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    So you're BD drive is toast? While I have never played the other games, I can tell you that Black Ops 2 doesn't need a disc in the drive to run as a back up. But because your dive is toast it could be causing some issues with the game booting. I would try to convert your back ups to ISO format on your PC and then try to run them.

3. 252
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

If [email protected] is CoD: WaW then I can confirm it works without the game disc as I have ripped in ISO format on my external hard drive. Also, I'm slightly confused why you need to emulate a CD, as the BD drive reads all types of optical media (CD, DVD & BD) so I'm not sure why those three games would be different to other game backups that you got to work. Maybe I'm just missing something. :)

4. 25
    BasilouR

BasilouR Forum Noob

But for exemple Portal 2 shows me a yellow triangle that means you have to insert a disc... ([email protected] works on my friend's PS3 Jailbreak while I have the same configuration (except my drive is down)

5. 491
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

I am not 100% sure but i remember reading a while back that Portal 2 was one o these games that still may require an old method to get working. I will see if i can find the post I was reading about it, there are very few game that need this now. Just out of curiosity do you have Cobra on?

Now I feel thick for not realising that [email protected] is World At War lol. The @ should of hinted lol. Also if your games are in JB Folder legacy format, certain games need to be on an external heed to boot correctly. [email protected] and BO2 work either on internal or external HDDs but Portal may be different.

6. 25
    BasilouR

BasilouR Forum Noob

Yeah my Cobra is ON (I can launch ~25 Games but [email protected] and Black OPS = Black Screen, Portal 2 error) I tested it by putting the games in USB and Internal but nothing does: / I checked and my console is well configured (DEBUG Settings as here: https://www.nextgenupdate.com/forum...reen-dex-cfw-without-debug-eboot-107-a-1.html) I think it's a game problem in the player (it's specified on the download site where I was x))

7. 491
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

Patch games to 4.20 using PSN Patch or another app that will patch them. BO2 will black screen if it's not patched to 4.20 especially after you disable the syscals to go online. see if this helps with the COD games at least.

8. 25
    BasilouR

BasilouR Forum Noob

I'm on REBUG 4.82.2 and i have been banned x) So I never patch the syscalls (BO2 Works perfectly on my PS3 :beguiled:)