PS3 Problems with my Jb

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreaks / CFW' started by Nizqh, Aug 12, 2018.

1. 58
    Nizqh

Nizqh Forum Noob

Recently my jb has been messing up. When I choose a game from Webman it freezes, sometimes when I go to multiMAN it freezes. I can’t switch from Dex back to Cex, can’t choose dump eid root key. Also when I try and restore my ps3 it doesn’t it kinda does but it only erases third but rebug stays. Does anyone know what’s wrong with it? Is there a way to switch from Dex back to Cex with this problem? Thanks in advance.

2. 9,517
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

I believe restoring the system reverts it to factory defaults. that's what it does on the vita anyway. it may format, but I'm not sure. also, I think it might on the vita. I've personally never used it, but I have with the vita in order to get rid of a banned account. that's why I bring it up - to compare the two. it sounds like a problem with the hdd. if so, get everything off of there as soon as possible via an ethernet cable. I doubt switching from dex to cex will have any baring. do you have a NOR console? it sounds like you might. 90% or so of the firmware is located on the hdd.

3. 58
    Nizqh

Nizqh Forum Noob

I have a NOR system (Slim). What would I have to do if so.

4. 9,517
    pinky

try reinstalling the firmware.

5. 19
    hawboutnow

hawboutnow Forum Noob

there might be a couple of things to explain this :
    1 - webman has been known to cause some issues with CFW especially on NOR systems (not that i'm aware of the in depth issue here ) try reinstalling it .
    2 - reverting to the original settings DOESN'T remove your homebrew apps , it merely converts them to a form similar to SEX ( i know what you're thinkin' ) ; which is an acronym for the (Shop Firmware used in shops) and doesn't benefit you at all , it just turns these apps into a useless icon and it just sets there on your xmb without being able to use them.
    3- THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT : many people have had an issues with CEX and DEX andhow to move from one to another , the following tips can be useful :
    A- check if activated PSNinja or PSNpatch as they could've caused a problem with the rebug toolbox and the dumping process
    B- try Reinstalling Rebug toolbox ( reinstalling should be your first step of fixing any problem )
    C- MAKE SURE ( QA ) IS ENABLED
    D- make sure you follow the steps carefully as it's possible ( sometimes your "TARGET" would read DEX while your "LV2 KERNEL" would read CEX , as this points obviously that you've missed switching your debug kernel to retail or vice versa )
    D- i don't think that you relate to this problem , but some users were trying to reinstall their CFW ( in hope that the problem of CEX & DEX was caused by the custom firmware settings ) were installing a debug firmware on retail one or the other way around , MAKE SURE YOU INSTALL THE FIRMWARE ON IT'S COMPATIBLE VERSION OF CEX AND DEX.

be sure to tell us how everything goes and submit any error codes if you get one :)

pinky likes this.
  6. 58
    Nizqh

Nizqh Forum Noob

I had to update my rebug toolbox, I was on 15 and the newest one was 16. I got the 16 rebug tool box and I was able to dump eid root key and switch. Thanks for y’all help.

hawboutnow and pinky like this.
  7. 517
    jolek

jolek Member

At first, I saw different name of this topic:

Problems with my Job [​IMG]
    Mind tricks?

hawboutnow and pinky like this.
  8. 9,517
    pinky

lmao