PS3 [PS2 Emu on PS3] - Unlock Config Mode & Debug Info Mode Menus

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, May 21, 2017.

By STLcardsWS on May 21, 2017 at 10:36 AM
  1. 5,930
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

@3141card stops by the forums today to show off one of his recent discoveries for the PS3. Following some of the progressions that PS2 Config Tool and the PS2 advancements in ManaGunz by Zar have brought of recent. Developer 3141card (Same dev who gave us the first VSH menu POC on the PS3) unlocks some new menus, when using the ps2netemu (PS2 Emulator) . Now access configuration settings & debug information that can be obtained by pressing a simple button combo , that was until now unknown. When you are in the ps2netemu menu. you are able to perform the button combo outlined by the dev's discovery, which then unlocks and gives access two new menus & options as seen in the video / screenshot provided,.. The PS3 has other hidden menu as well (unreleated to this release), that you can view @ psdevwiki.com also..

How useful are these options and information? (UPDATE See comment #2 below from 3141card) A bit unknown at this time, but no doubt a good discovered for the PS2 Emulator that resides in the PS3 Firmware. Stay tuned as more details arise from this recent discovery of these menu and new options that i am sure many enthusiasts will be checking out.

Ps2_Config_menu.png

• Unlock Configuration Mode and Debug Information Mode

Video provided by @PixelButts

Note: Access the ps2netemu menu by pressing :psbutton: and press the key combo (all at the same time) for a few seconds:
      :but l1: + :but r1:+ :but square: + :dir left:
      then press :but start: for two new options in netemu: Debug Information and Configuration.​

Last edited: May 21, 2017
    Rommy667, ricardo, bitsbubba and 14 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, May 21, 2017.

1. STLcardsWS
    2. 3141card
      3141card
      Thx @STLcardsWS

It is a accidental finding by RE the menu framework of the ps2_netemu. I seach now which value consistent with which setting into menu. All I can say, it is active code. I am furthermore more interested in RE the menu to manipulate it for nice things like showing the temps, a formated notification message triggert by a button combo, and other things, but this CONFIG stuff is interessting too.
    3. Zar
      Zar
      these options create a new CONFIG file ?

btw, if you have a idea to play backup from external device, it would be amazing :p
    4. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      1234card [emoji14]
      Edit:

26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510 58209 74944 59230 78164 06286 20899 86280 34825 34211 70679 82148 08651 32823 06647 09384 46095 50582 23172 53594 08128 48111 74502 84102 70193 85211 05559 64462 29489 54930 38196

[​IMG]

I doubt, is more like "real-time" selectors, changes are applied immediately. I think..
      Edit2: I missed "save to file"..
      Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2017
      3141card and MixeryMaxe like this.
    5. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      So what does it do? Actually improve anythi8g? Gonna test when I am home but hven't seen any info as to helping with games and so forth. I don't have CFW on my slim as I am still running @Joonie espresso MFW for 4.81 and my normal "daily" PS3 is a full BC B-01 so everything (that I own) works like a charm.
    6. Derf Jagged
      Derf Jagged
      If someone is looking for a nearly-working game to test these settings on, Battlefront 1 and 2 both only have a freezing issue caused by something loading in.
      atreyu187 likes this.
    7. atreyu187
      atreyu187

Thanks I own both, might have to install a normal CFW on my slim to see what's what. I know I got BFII working using a config file awhile back.
    8. sandungas
      sandungas
      Cool, new easter egg found, and it seems it has some candies inside, hmmmm
      [​IMG]
      Derf Jagged likes this.
    9. Derf Jagged
      Derf Jagged
      From my testing, both worked completely fine except for freezing caused by certain things such as a Speeder flying by, the flag being dropped, spawning or walking in a certain area, etc.
      atreyu187 likes this.
    10. disyoko
      disyoko
      I tried a couple of games to see what is this about without any particular conclusion

Dark Cloud - It works fine, just looking for what changes.
      LH2 improvement: no visible changes.
      Force flip field: no visible changes
      VSYNC delay in aggressive mode makes it slower.
      XOR CSR: makes it blurry.

Dead or Alive 2 - Just black screen as always. Need to try the managunz fix
      3141card, DeViL303 and Deraiz like this.
    11. notmeabug
      notmeabug
      Crash Twinsanity freeze fix? Please guys! :)
    12. disyoko
      disyoko
      I've tried a few more games

Dragon Quest VIII

L2H improvement. No difference
      Force Flip Field. No difference
      VSYNC DELAY. There are lots of values, it deals with speed and framerate.

XOR CSR It's for full screen line corruption. Enable or disable there's no difference.

Tekken 5 [progressive mode ]

Pretty much the same.
      The deal here is with VSYNC DELAY because you can slightly slowdown the speed getting more fluid movements.

The option press start: save to file does nothing.

On each game you can see the version of the game and "config file revision "which means config files are required to fix mayor glitches and this menu seems to be a last fine tunning thing. That's my bet.
      STLcardsWS and 3141card like this.
    13. 3141card
      3141card
      I think too. Thx for you tests. :)
      STLcardsWS and disyoko like this.
    14. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      I have to install a new CFW as the PS2 options screen doesn't display anything. It is from the custom RCO in @Alexander CFW that was done my @mizio90 but the weird thing is that it only happens to the PS2 menu when the PS button is held. PS1is unaffected by the XMB mod. But I really want to try this out as well. I have so many PS2 games. I didn't sleep last night so I stayed up and installed CFW on my slim.
    15. mysis
      mysis
      Maybe different IPU settings have impact on fps framerate like on need for speed underground or the sound issue on Final Fantasy XII.

There is a simple function for notifications :)
      STLcardsWS, 3141card and bguerville like this.
    16. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      @mysis @3141card I wonder if the psp emu has some type of hidden menu as well?
    17. Derf Jagged
      Derf Jagged
      PSP (at least the one built in Rebug) doesn't have a special menu, just in game XMB. I tried a ton of combos for PSX one though, no findings. It does seem to be the special combo for multiple places on PS3 though since it's the same one for "more information" according to the devwiki.
    18. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      There is various PSP methods, been awhile since i played PSP on the PS3 and been a very long time for some of the methods. There was Cobra's PSP then is the Remaster, Mini modes. I believe some do have menu's but i could be mistaken. I usually just use the Cobra Method myself for the few titles i have.
    19. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      The PSP emulator has the definitions built in so you can manually edit. @3141card was working on a debuger a while back. I hope something comes of this.