Ps2 HD games on ps3??

Discussion in 'Homebrew Development' started by oleguer, Oct 25, 2016.

1. 14
    oleguer

oleguer New Member

Hi all!! Today I have a question....the ps2 place holder can be modified on ps3 to have HD graphics like psp remastered???
    I think the ps3 hardware can do possible this ((hdmi, 720p, etc)) and think watching the psp remastered emulator functions, graphics, textures, resizes, etcetc using this parametres for base, can be modified the ps2 place holder to HD graphics.... Anyone know It is possible??? I know that is not easy.....but I try to know if its possible! Thanks forum!! =)

2. 877
    Berion

Berion Developer

"Classics HD" are not PS2 games, they are PS2 games ***ported*** to native PS3 code, so they're technically PS3 games.

Emulating real PS2 games from *.iso/*.bin or images in PSAR archive aren't and never be HD. Only things which is possible is upscalling output resolution (often: 640x512 for PAL and 640x448 for NTSC) to HDready (1280x720) what CellOS actually doing (build in internal emulator to be precise) and then TV will upscale it to 1920x1080. And that's the reason why old games looks like shit it that way. They are designed for SD and non of modern TVs can display such resolutions (because you cannot slice pixel).

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  3. 14
    oleguer

oleguer New Member

Ok, :( and what use psp remaster to upscaling and convert the psp iso to HD graphics???
    The idea is mod the ps2 emulator like psp remaster to update the ps2 classics emulator and can run them on HD.....recoded the emulator and use the same process of psp remastered ((dream is free xD))

4. 877
    Berion

Berion Developer

The same rule with PSP. Games like i.e God War Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta bundle are PS3 native code, not the PSP emulating code from umd disc images.

And the same is with emulated PSP/PSP Minis. They are the same as in PSP and there is no way to replace their texture or internally upscale their resolution. Everything working the same or worst as on real PSP. Only emulator upscale output resolution, and also the same doing TV with console output resolution.

For archive what You want (as the same situation like in i.e with TLoZelda OoT on some emulators), You need write Your own emulator from scratch, and even orienting to such hacks. Good luck with that on PS3. :P

Tags: