Hello, I created small app (PS2 Netemu Selector) based on XMBM+ installer. Nothing big, just a GUI to change ps2_netemu (ps2 emulator) file. As a bonus I fixed few things in installer, and emulators itself. Like fixed in-game XMB flickering in installer, and correct display in every modes for temperatures in emu patched using @3141card payload. Also changed refresh time little bit. App is work only with 4.81, 4.82 firmwares due to files structure, while embed emulator files are compatible with 4.75-4.82 firmwares.
PS2 Netemu Selector
Application for changing ps2_netemu file versions on firmware 4.81, 4.82 (CEX, DEX, DECR (decr untested)). Based on modified version of XMB Manager Plus (XMBM+) Installer. For original installer readme check file "READMEinstaller.markdown"
Installation: Install pkg file on your PS3. Open the application and follow on-screen Instructions.
Available versions of PS2 Netemu:
- Default - Clean emulator without additional features. Only standard cobra patches are applied.
- Temperatures Mod - Custom emulator version patched by 3141card to show temperatures of CELL/RSX while playing PS2 games. Additionally patched by me to fix temps display on every display mode, and set to refresh temp every 2 seconds.
- Memory Dumper Mod - Custom emulator version patched by 3141card to allow LV1 memory dump while playing PS2 games. Additionally this emu can use all HV calls, and have debug menu unlocked without need to use combo.
- HDD Browser Mod - Not really sure what is usage of this emu Looks like it allow you to select game image without need of cobra.
Works only on 4.81, 4.82 Cobra and Non-Cobra Custom Firmware. App is changing files on dev_flash!
Changes from Installer to Selector
- Obviously renamed project
- Removed reboot prompt for devflash operations (not needed for netemu change)
- Fixed string centering in menus (ugly hack)
- Graphical changes (strings, colors, target names, etc.)
- Changed usleep values for buttons
- Changed way of naming backups folder. Previous method resulted here in GO TO EMULATOR SELECTOR in name.
- Removed some refers to variable names in dialogs. Specially app_choice ones.
- More that I forgot, anyway source is here
- In v1.1 Only backup of last used emu is created. Old backup is overwritten with new.
- Since v1.2 require noRSX 0.29
- Added scetool flags to makefile
PS2 Netemu Selector v1.4
Now after choosing emu you will be taken to next screen with option to enable/disable debug menu. So you can have emulator that show temperatures with enabled debug menu now.
- Added submenu to enable/disable debug menu for every emu
To access debug menu run ps2 game, and push PS button. Current patch allow to show this menu only one time per run.
PS2 Netemu Selector v1.3
PS2 Netemu Selector v1.2
- Added manual page with emulators description
- Changed menu logo
- Changed font for headers in menu
- Reorganized menu, and folder structure
- Other minor graphical changes
PS2 Netemu Selector v1.1
- Fixed in-game XMB (PS button menu) flickering
- Changed way of creating backupPS2 Netemu Selector v1.0Note: Previously backup was created basing on current date/time. This resulted in separate backup files for every emulator change. This resulted in many not needed copies which just take free space on hdd. Now when changing emulator previous backup is overwritten with new one. Although backup files are not really needed here, because app is not changing files that can affect console/xmb boot process, and original emu is included in app itself. But is good to have one just in case, that's why I leave option to create/restore it.
- Initial Release
- Install NoRSX library in version 0.29 (no earlier, no later): https://github.com/wargio/NoRSX/tree/a0d1d0c6c47561df70813fcf86df610d982ffbfc
- Other requirements are the same like in original installer code (PSl1GHT, etc.). But require custom ps2_netemu.self files to be added, and empty.txt to be removed, before pkg compilation.
- andreus, and XMBM+ Team for great installer
- 3141card for r.e. and patches to ps2_netemu
- deroad for noRSX
Visit Git (Installer): https://github.com/XMB-Manager-Plus/xmb-manager-plus-installer
Note: DECR untested, use at your own risk. Most possible issue is that LV1 dump is not possible, other features should work. Note 2: Keep in mind that toggling dev_flash files too frequently is not best idea, so use with caution!
Thx to @3141card for patches, and sharing knowledge with us!
Download (Latest Version): github.com/kozarovv
PS3 PS2 Netemu Selector - Easy way to toggle ps2 emulator (on PS3 CFW)
By kozarovv on Jan 20, 2018 at 12:12 PM
HW Acceleration (RSX) Project Update by RenéRebeIs the PS3 a bit closer to gaining Hardware Acceleration (via RSX) in OtherOS (Linux) with a proper driver to enable the GPU chip? We are not there, but we may be getting closer to a reality. Earlier this year (back in April) we detailed some of the progress that the busy dev RenéRebe has made with unlocking the potential of the PlayStation 3's RSX chip and now today we have been greeted with a new video and what we can expect with this project as the developer starts to undertake the challenge of further unlocking one more component of the Ps3 hardware,. The developer has alot of videos on other intresting subjects in his diverse YouTube channel >>> (Bits and More) <<< many very informative video's..Continue reading
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - October 2018 Progress ReportWell, that was fast. After they announced their (delayed) "Progress Report for September", the great Team behind RPCS3 didn't wanted to "leave you out in the rain" again. So here is the "October Progress Report" which shows again how much they are hard-working to make this Emulator better and better by making more PS3 Games compatible with their Emulator. And speaking about PS3 Games, if you watched the latest Progress Reports from the last few months closely, you will have probably recognized that with every new Progress Report, more and more AAA Titles were getting more Support and a better Compatibility from Time to Time, even with supporting a 4K Output Resolution. This month isn't a exception and the Team is proud to announce that "Yakuza Kenzan" is fully playable now. Now you will think: "Wait a Minute - I never heard about "Yakuza Kenzan" ??? That's right, this is one Game of the "Yakuza Series" which was released in Japan only as "Ryū ga Gotoku Kenzan" so it never saw a "Western Release". That's even cooler that such a AAA Game which wasn't available for most of the people are now playable for everyone, even with a higher Resolution as the original PS3 would be able to do so. How "Butt ugly" is this? :PContinue reading
New PS4 Exploit details from fail0verflow Team in "PS4 Aux Hax" Series - v4 Belize via CECThe great fail0verflow team is back at it again with the PlayStation 4 (PS4) and this time around they have detailed some new developments in part 4 of their "PS4 AUX HAX" Series, In the recent write-up of the series some interesting details were shared on something that could potentially lead to a current firmware exploit? Its very early but we do know that when the failOverflow team shares information its like "holding the nuts" at the poker table, its solid information always. We have seen them work on various gaming consoles in the past and they were no stranger to elevating the PS3 and were the pioneers of Linux on the PS4 and also helped provide key information for exploits on older PS4 firmware in the past as well, The PS4 is entering the later stages of its life cycle and new exploits are a welcome site for a struggling homebrew platform that could be so vibrant on a device with so much potential, but lacking an exploit that gives user's that current firmware window for explortation.Continue reading
Share This Page
Latest: JOJOBA, Nov 15, 2018 at 12:53 AM
Latest: Pickalo, Nov 15, 2018 at 12:38 AM
Latest: STLcardsWS, Nov 15, 2018 at 12:07 AM
Latest: Anthonyy817, Nov 14, 2018 at 11:29 PM
Latest: PattrickH, Nov 14, 2018 at 9:31 PM
Latest: Coldheart2236, Nov 14, 2018 at 9:00 PM
Latest: JoaoMattos, Nov 14, 2018 at 8:54 PM
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: