Hello, I created small app (PS2 Netemu Selector) based on XMBM+ installer. Nothing big, just a GUI to change ps2_netemu (ps2 emulator) file. As a bonus I fixed few things in installer, and emulators itself. Like fixed in-game XMB flickering in installer, and correct display in every modes for temperatures in emu patched using @3141card payload. Also changed refresh time little bit. App is work only with 4.81, 4.82 firmwares due to files structure, while embed emulator files are compatible with 4.75-4.82 firmwares.
PS2 Netemu Selector
Application for changing ps2_netemu file versions on firmware 4.81, 4.82 (CEX, DEX, DECR (decr untested)). Based on modified version of XMB Manager Plus (XMBM+) Installer. For original installer readme check file "READMEinstaller.markdown"
Installation: Install pkg file on your PS3. Open the application and follow on-screen Instructions.
Available versions of PS2 Netemu:
- Default - Clean emulator without additional features. Only standard cobra patches are applied.
- Temperatures Mod - Custom emulator version patched by 3141card to show temperatures of CELL/RSX while playing PS2 games. Additionally patched by me to fix temps display on every display mode, and set to refresh temp every 2 seconds.
- Memory Dumper Mod - Custom emulator version patched by 3141card to allow LV1 memory dump while playing PS2 games. Additionally this emu can use all HV calls, and have debug menu unlocked without need to use combo.
- HDD Browser Mod - Not really sure what is usage of this emu Looks like it allow you to select game image without need of cobra.
Works only on 4.81, 4.82 Cobra and Non-Cobra Custom Firmware. App is changing files on dev_flash!
Changes from Installer to Selector
- Obviously renamed project
- Removed reboot prompt for devflash operations (not needed for netemu change)
- Fixed string centering in menus (ugly hack)
- Graphical changes (strings, colors, target names, etc.)
- Changed usleep values for buttons
- Changed way of naming backups folder. Previous method resulted here in GO TO EMULATOR SELECTOR in name.
- Removed some refers to variable names in dialogs. Specially app_choice ones.
- More that I forgot, anyway source is here
- In v1.1 Only backup of last used emu is created. Old backup is overwritten with new.
- Since v1.2 require noRSX 0.29
- Added scetool flags to makefile
PS2 Netemu Selector v1.4
Now after choosing emu you will be taken to next screen with option to enable/disable debug menu. So you can have emulator that show temperatures with enabled debug menu now.
- Added submenu to enable/disable debug menu for every emu
To access debug menu run ps2 game, and push PS button. Current patch allow to show this menu only one time per run.
PS2 Netemu Selector v1.3
PS2 Netemu Selector v1.2
- Added manual page with emulators description
- Changed menu logo
- Changed font for headers in menu
- Reorganized menu, and folder structure
- Other minor graphical changes
PS2 Netemu Selector v1.1
- Fixed in-game XMB (PS button menu) flickering
- Changed way of creating backupPS2 Netemu Selector v1.0Note: Previously backup was created basing on current date/time. This resulted in separate backup files for every emulator change. This resulted in many not needed copies which just take free space on hdd. Now when changing emulator previous backup is overwritten with new one. Although backup files are not really needed here, because app is not changing files that can affect console/xmb boot process, and original emu is included in app itself. But is good to have one just in case, that's why I leave option to create/restore it.
- Initial Release
- Install NoRSX library in version 0.29 (no earlier, no later): https://github.com/wargio/NoRSX/tree/a0d1d0c6c47561df70813fcf86df610d982ffbfc
- Other requirements are the same like in original installer code (PSl1GHT, etc.). But require custom ps2_netemu.self files to be added, and empty.txt to be removed, before pkg compilation.
- andreus, and XMBM+ Team for great installer
- 3141card for r.e. and patches to ps2_netemu
- deroad for noRSX
Visit Git (Installer): https://github.com/XMB-Manager-Plus/xmb-manager-plus-installer
Note: DECR untested, use at your own risk. Most possible issue is that LV1 dump is not possible, other features should work. Note 2: Keep in mind that toggling dev_flash files too frequently is not best idea, so use with caution!
Thx to @3141card for patches, and sharing knowledge with us!
Download (Latest Version): github.com/kozarovv
PS3 PS2 Netemu Selector - Easy way to toggle ps2 emulator (on PS3 CFW)
By kozarovv on Jan 20, 2018 at 12:12 PM
Kernel Exploit for FW 5.53 sneak-peek by @Mathieulh --- UPDATE: Latest FW 5.55 as well !!!Remember when we talked about that the PS4 is still in search of it's full potential and that the Developers are still hard-working with Exploits and other cool stuff for newer System Firmwares - like @SpecterDev does with System Firmware 5.05 - then you shouldn't be suprised that other great Developers like @Mathieulh are also using their research for exploiting even newer System Firmwares - as he showed it with his little "sneak-peek" for System Firmware 5.53. This would mean that the lastest System Firmware from Sony would be exploitable and Homebrew would be possible - by the current state of reading. --- UPDATE: @mathieulh gains access to a Kernel Exploit on System Firmware 5.55 as well --- Check Down Below for further information!Continue reading
Mira Project v1.0 - Developer's Release from #TeamOrbisWoW the PS4 Scene is exploding with alot of hard work from many developer's coming together in the scene. the other day TeamOrbis unveiled a preview of Mira Project (CFW Abilities w/ MiraCFW) for the PS4, now the team has made available a Beta version for Developer's. I would caution installing this if your are worried about a potential errors as this is not quite ready for mass adoption yet and missing some aspects that will appear in later releases. The team just recently published a roadmap (seen below) for the upcoming releases and what those updates will provide, lets be honest here its looks very exciting and promising as these developer's are really coming together for some amazing progress on the PS4. @Roxanne covered many aspects of this project already in her preview >> Meet "The Mira Project" - a (kind-of) CFW for your PS4 by #TeamOrbis from the other day so check that out for additional details and then checkout the latest details / release found below from the OpenOrbis Team..Continue reading
Meet "The Mira Project" - a (kind-of) CFW for your PS4 by #TeamOrbisWith the latest achievements regarding Kernel Exploits and other useful things for both System Firmware 5.05 and System Firmware 5.53 together with the older exploits like for System Firmware 4.55 or even for System Firmware 1.76 - you have probably already recognized that compared to the PS3 - a lot of have changed for the PS4 when you wanted to play your backups or to install some Homebrew. Instead of installing a Custom Made Firmware (CFW) from a USB-Device, you will use a bug in the Original System Software (OFW) itself to allow such mentioned things. This method isn't that bad but further investigations from the System itself is very limited compared to a CFW like for the PS3, where you had full access and control about your console by doing things whatever you wanted to do. But this could now change for the PS4 with the interesting Project behind #TeamOrbis called "The Mira Project".Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: