Hello, I created small app (PS2 Netemu Selector) based on XMBM+ installer. Nothing big, just a GUI to change ps2_netemu (ps2 emulator) file. As a bonus I fixed few things in installer, and emulators itself. Like fixed in-game XMB flickering in installer, and correct display in every modes for temperatures in emu patched using @3141card payload. Also changed refresh time little bit. App is work only with 4.81, 4.82 firmwares due to files structure, while embed emulator files are compatible with 4.75-4.82 firmwares.
PS2 Netemu Selector
Application for changing ps2_netemu file versions on firmware 4.81, 4.82 (CEX, DEX, DECR (decr untested)). Based on modified version of XMB Manager Plus (XMBM+) Installer. For original installer readme check file "READMEinstaller.markdown"
Installation: Install pkg file on your PS3. Open the application and follow on-screen Instructions.
Available versions of PS2 Netemu:
- Default - Clean emulator without additional features. Only standard cobra patches are applied.
- Temperatures Mod - Custom emulator version patched by 3141card to show temperatures of CELL/RSX while playing PS2 games. Additionally patched by me to fix temps display on every display mode, and set to refresh temp every 2 seconds.
- Memory Dumper Mod - Custom emulator version patched by 3141card to allow LV1 memory dump while playing PS2 games. Additionally this emu can use all HV calls, and have debug menu unlocked without need to use combo.
- HDD Browser Mod - Not really sure what is usage of this emu Looks like it allow you to select game image without need of cobra.
Works only on 4.81, 4.82 Cobra and Non-Cobra Custom Firmware. App is changing files on dev_flash!
Changes from Installer to Selector
- Obviously renamed project
- Removed reboot prompt for devflash operations (not needed for netemu change)
- Fixed string centering in menus (ugly hack)
- Graphical changes (strings, colors, target names, etc.)
- Changed usleep values for buttons
- Changed way of naming backups folder. Previous method resulted here in GO TO EMULATOR SELECTOR in name.
- Removed some refers to variable names in dialogs. Specially app_choice ones.
- More that I forgot, anyway source is here
- In v1.1 Only backup of last used emu is created. Old backup is overwritten with new.
- Since v1.2 require noRSX 0.29
- Added scetool flags to makefile
PS2 Netemu Selector v1.4
Now after choosing emu you will be taken to next screen with option to enable/disable debug menu. So you can have emulator that show temperatures with enabled debug menu now.
- Added submenu to enable/disable debug menu for every emu
To access debug menu run ps2 game, and push PS button. Current patch allow to show this menu only one time per run.
PS2 Netemu Selector v1.3
PS2 Netemu Selector v1.2
- Added manual page with emulators description
- Changed menu logo
- Changed font for headers in menu
- Reorganized menu, and folder structure
- Other minor graphical changes
PS2 Netemu Selector v1.1
- Fixed in-game XMB (PS button menu) flickering
- Changed way of creating backupPS2 Netemu Selector v1.0Note: Previously backup was created basing on current date/time. This resulted in separate backup files for every emulator change. This resulted in many not needed copies which just take free space on hdd. Now when changing emulator previous backup is overwritten with new one. Although backup files are not really needed here, because app is not changing files that can affect console/xmb boot process, and original emu is included in app itself. But is good to have one just in case, that's why I leave option to create/restore it.
- Initial Release
- Install NoRSX library in version 0.29 (no earlier, no later): https://github.com/wargio/NoRSX/tree/a0d1d0c6c47561df70813fcf86df610d982ffbfc
- Other requirements are the same like in original installer code (PSl1GHT, etc.). But require custom ps2_netemu.self files to be added, and empty.txt to be removed, before pkg compilation.
- andreus, and XMBM+ Team for great installer
- 3141card for r.e. and patches to ps2_netemu
- deroad for noRSX
Visit Git (Installer): https://github.com/XMB-Manager-Plus/xmb-manager-plus-installer
Note: DECR untested, use at your own risk. Most possible issue is that LV1 dump is not possible, other features should work. Note 2: Keep in mind that toggling dev_flash files too frequently is not best idea, so use with caution!
Thx to @3141card for patches, and sharing knowledge with us!
Download (Latest Version): github.com/kozarovv
PS3 PS2 Netemu Selector - Easy way to toggle ps2 emulator (on PS3 CFW)
By kozarovv on Jan 20, 2018 at 12:12 PM
TheFlow cracks Vita Firmware 3.67 ("Will Release" but "Not Soon")TheFlow has brought some clarity on the recent updates (commits) made to VitaShell suggesting 3.67 Support, It is indeed true that 3.67 is now exploitable for the PS Vita and sibling devices the PlayStation TV (Vita TV). The dev has now confirmed on his official twitter (tweets below) that user and kernel access on Vita's 3.67 Firmware has been achieved, However, do note before you get too excited, the developer won't release till end of year, in what seems to be a move to wait out any future Vita firmware updates that may be on the horizon,. The dev has also stated (if time allows) the possibility to update HENkaku Enso to 3.65 for existing Vita user's, but in the future we might see all vita devices with a new window for exploiting .Its unclear if the recent Vita Bootloader Hack aided or had anything to with this hack but details are sure to emerge in the coming weeks and months What ya think about this announcement from TheFlow?
-STLcardsWS/ nCadeRegalContinue reading
Something good is going on in the PS Vita SceneIt appears "Something good is going on in the PS Vita Scene" says psx-place's own kozarovv, As the recent commits by xyz (team molecule member) and then TheFlow (VitaShell Creator) Github pages some rather interesting discoveries were found in those recent commits as also The_Hero (of Games&Consoles) points out about some new commits arising following the news from last week when Yifan lu (a member of Team Molecule) disclosed the new HENkaku Enso Bootloader Hack to the Vita Community. Since, it now appears there are some rather interesting developments coming to fruition in the Vita's ecosystem. Are we are likely in store for something big for the Vita Community, like 3.67 breakthroughs? It sure looks that way, currently, we are only making suggestions and concluding details from the commits across these Open Source Projects from elite vita devs. As these changes are signaling something is on the horizon. @kozarovv laid out some of the important bits of information that can be gather from those recent commits made available -STLcardsWSContinue reading
HENkaku Ensō bootloader hack for Vita [ by Team molecule]Team molecule is not done detailing information on the PS Vita / PlayStation TV / Vita TV, after the releases of HENkaku and then HENkaku Ensō Now developer Yifan Lu has detailed a write up detailing a new exploit titled HENkaku Ensō bootloader Hack, the information detailed could lift some of the restrictions hampered in the Vita's current environment. and even lead to a full blown 3.65 exploit (but that needs additional work the team is not interested in, but they hope others will be with this new info.) There is alot to read so i will let you get to the details yourself in the this well written piece by the developer, The topic we have broke up below in our tabs for easy reading, but you can also view the original format in the source link provided from Yifanlu's blog at bottom of the article.
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- Crish Jacknee