Dismiss Notice

PSX-Place.com Announcement:

New Smiley's Added to post editor !!!

PS3 PS2 Netemu Selector - Easy way to toggle ps2 emulator (on PS3 CFW)

Discussion in 'PS1/PS2/PSP on PS3' started by kozarovv, Jan 20, 2018.

By kozarovv on Jan 20, 2018 at 12:12 PM
  1. 6,679
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Hello, I created small app (PS2 Netemu Selector) based on XMBM+ installer. Nothing big, just a GUI to change ps2_netemu (ps2 emulator) file. As a bonus I fixed few things in installer, and emulators itself. Like fixed in-game XMB flickering in installer, and correct display in every modes for temperatures in emu patched using @3141card payload. Also changed refresh time little bit. App is work only with 4.81, 4.82 firmwares due to files structure, while embed emulator files are compatible with 4.75-4.82 firmwares.

ICON0.PNG

• PS2 Netemu Selector
      Application for changing ps2_netemu file versions on firmware 4.81, 4.82 (CEX, DEX, DECR (decr untested)). Based on modified version of XMB Manager Plus (XMBM+) Installer. For original installer readme check file "READMEinstaller.markdown"

Installation:
      Install pkg file on your PS3. Open the application and follow on-screen Instructions.​

Available versions of PS2 Netemu:
      • Default - Clean emulator without additional features. Only standard cobra patches are applied.
      • Temperatures Mod - Custom emulator version patched by 3141card to show temperatures of CELL/RSX while playing PS2 games. Additionally patched by me to fix temps display on every display mode, and set to refresh temp every 2 seconds.
      • Memory Dumper Mod - Custom emulator version patched by 3141card to allow LV1 memory dump while playing PS2 games. Additionally this emu can use all HV calls, and have debug menu unlocked without need to use combo.
      • HDD Browser Mod - Not really sure what is usage of this emu :D Looks like it allow you to select game image without need of cobra.

Works only on 4.81, 4.82 Cobra and Non-Cobra Custom Firmware. App is changing files on dev_flash!

Changes from Installer to Selector

• Obviously renamed project
      • Removed reboot prompt for devflash operations (not needed for netemu change)
      • Fixed string centering in menus (ugly hack)
      • Graphical changes (strings, colors, target names, etc.)
      • Changed usleep values for buttons
      • Changed way of naming backups folder. Previous method resulted here in GO TO EMULATOR SELECTOR in name.
      • Removed some refers to variable names in dialogs. Specially app_choice ones.
      • More that I forgot, anyway source is here
      • In v1.1 Only backup of last used emu is created. Old backup is overwritten with new.
      • Since v1.2 require noRSX 0.29
      • Added scetool flags to makefile

• PS2 Netemu Selector v1.4

• Added submenu to enable/disable debug menu for every emu
      Now after choosing emu you will be taken to next screen with option to enable/disable debug menu. So you can have emulator that show temperatures with enabled debug menu now.
      To access debug menu run ps2 game, and push PS button. Current patch allow to show this menu only one time per run.

PS2 Netemu Selector v1.3
      • Added manual page with emulators description
      • Changed menu logo
      • Changed font for headers in menu
      • Reorganized menu, and folder structure
      • Other minor graphical changes
      PS2 Netemu Selector v1.2
      • Fixed in-game XMB (PS button menu) flickering
      PS2 Netemu Selector v1.1
      • Changed way of creating backup
      Note: Previously backup was created basing on current date/time. This resulted in separate backup files for every emulator change. This resulted in many not needed copies which just take free space on hdd. Now when changing emulator previous backup is overwritten with new one. Although backup files are not really needed here, because app is not changing files that can affect console/xmb boot process, and original emu is included in app itself. But is good to have one just in case, that's why I leave option to create/restore it.
      PS2 Netemu Selector v1.0
      • Initial Release

• Build

• Credits
      • andreus, and XMBM+ Team for great installer
      • 3141card for r.e. and patches to ps2_netemu
      • deroad for noRSX

Note: DECR untested, use at your own risk. Most possible issue is that LV1 dump is not possible, other features should work. Note 2: Keep in mind that toggling dev_flash files too frequently is not best idea, so use with caution!

Thx to @3141card for patches, and sharing knowledge with us!

Download (Latest Version):
    github.com/kozarovv

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'PS1/PS2/PSP on PS3' started by kozarovv, Jan 20, 2018.

1. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Is nothing new, it is available with :dir left::but l1::but square::but r1: combo. With this mod just no need for that combo.
    2. sandungas
      sandungas
      But i was used to the standard debug menu that appears with the button combo, the menu with the option Enable XOR CSR and all that

In this mod you are replacing it ?... and only one time ?
      So first time you make the button combo appears this new one... and second and next times appears the standard debug menu ?
    3. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      No you get both options one time by combo, and in this mod.
      [​IMG]

Debug information is what i showed before.
      Configuration is config menu.
      sandungas likes this.
    4. sandungas
      sandungas
      Ok, i forgot there was an option for it, i have not tryed it because im another vintage firmware crawler
    5. King1Day
      King1Day
      1st I like to say this is awesome. 2nd I'm new t ok all this. So this won't be the 1st of my "stupid" question. Hopefully someone can help. I jailbroked my ps3 with ferrox and I have multiman. Can any of these things help me download this? Thanks again.
    6. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Download latest version (1.4.pkg), copy file to root of USB drive. And after connecting drive to ps3, you should be able to install it from xmb, install package files in game column.
      King1Day likes this.
    7. Ali888
      Ali888
      Thanks for the app @kozarovv

Just want to know, what's the difference between this and playing PS2 ISOs by mounting from multiman?
    8. King1Day
      King1Day
      Thank you so much I will try this and keep you posted
    9. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      This app is not mounting ps2iso. App exchange internal PS2 emulator to one with additional functions enabled.

Available versions of PS2 Netemu:
      • Default - Clean emulator without additional features. Only standard cobra patches are applied.
      • Temperatures Mod - Custom emulator version patched by 3141card to show temperatures of CELL/RSX while playing PS2 games. Additionally patched by me to fix temps display on every display mode, and set to refresh temp every 2 seconds.
      • Memory Dumper Mod - Custom emulator version patched by 3141card to allow LV1 memory dump while playing PS2 games. Additionally this emu can use all HV calls, and have debug menu unlocked without need to use combo.
      • HDD Browser Mod - Not really sure what is usage of this emu :D Looks like it allow you to select game image without need of cobra.
      Ali888 likes this.
    10. King1Day
      King1Day
      Awesome, thank you. I get
      PS3 error 8001000A
      When ever I test or hook up my wifi to PS3. Any pointers on that? Sorry to hit you with lame questions
    11. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Small update to PS2 Netemu Selector. V1.5 available: https://github.com/kozarovv/PS2_Netemu-Selector/releases/tag/1.5

Changelog:
      • Removed 4.81 support
      • Removed blacklist from xparam2.elf in ps2 bios used in ps2_netemu for all emu versions
      All emulator versions should boot now this titles (previously back to xmb):
      • SLPM_621.35 Final Fantasy: XI (Beta Version)
      • SCPS_175.01 Linux (for PlayStation2) Release 1.0
      • SCPS_110.01 I.Q. Remix
      • SCPN_601.60 PlayStation BB Navigator (Version 0.32)
      • SCPN_601.50 PlayStation BB Navigator (Version 0.31)
      • SCPN_601.40 PlayStation BB Navigator (Version 0.30)
      • SCPN_601.30 PlayStation BB Navigator (Version 0.20)
      • SCPN_601.01 PlayStation BB Navigator (Version 0.10)
      • PTPX_970.38 ?
      • PSXC_002.03 PSX Update Disc 1.31
      • PSXC_002.02 PSX Update Disc 1.20
      • PSXC_002.01 PSX Update Disc 1.10
      • PDPX_991.09 DVD Player (Version 3.04)
      • PBPX_955.18 ?
      • PBPX_955.09 Linux for PS2 Release 1.0
      • PBPX_955.07 Playstation 2 Linux Runtime Eronment v1.0 (Disc 1)
      • PBPX_955.01 Linux for PS2 Beta Release 1
      • PBPX_952.39 Online Start Up Disc v3.0
      • PBPX_952.35 ?
      • PBPX_952.28 ?
      • PBPX_952.24 DVD Player (Version 2.16)
      • PBPX_952.22 DVD Player (Version 2.14)
      • PBPX_952.21 DVD Player (Version 2.12)
      • PBPX_952.11 DVD Utility Disc Version 2.10
      • PBPX_952.10 DVD Utility Disc Version 1.00
      • PBPX_952.09 DVD Player (Version 2.10)
      • PBPX_952.08 DVD Player (Version 2.10)
      • PBPX_952.07 DVD Player (Version 2.10)
      • PBPX_952.06 DVD Player (Version 2.01)
      • PBPX_952.03 DVD Utility Disc Version 1.01
      • PBPX_952.02 DVD Utility Disc Version 1.01
      • PBPX_952.01 DVD Utility Disc Version 1.00
      sandungas, mrjaredbeta and 3141card like this.
    12. mrjaredbeta
      mrjaredbeta
      So PSBBN boots but can you actually install and run it without problems? Would be cool to have that usable on a PS3.
    13. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      I tested only Online Start Up Disc v3.0, so i can't tell for sure. Network, USB, HDD (i'm working on hdd) for sure are still not available. Only change is that titles should now boot, not sure what more can be done.
      mrjaredbeta likes this.
    14. sandungas
      sandungas
      There must be some kind of support for PS2 virtual HDD on PS3, if not in the BIOS maybe is done externally with the "PS2 system data" PKG IP9100-NPIA00001_00-PS2HDDSYSDAT0001
      http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Emulation#Virtual_PS2_HDD

There is a list with the PS2 TITLES that requires a hdd installation, in that games, when you insert the original PS2 disc the PS3 it creates the "virtual PS2 hdd" file named IMAGE.DAT
      I was looking at that files time ago, and are exactly like a 1:1 copy of a PS2 hdd (internally using the same structure with APA partitions of fixed size)
      I was trying to create a frankenstein manually, but i failed because (if i remember correctly) is needed a key to be included in the IMAGE.DAT structure and i did not know how to get it :/
      mrjaredbeta and kozarovv like this.