Hello, I created small app (PS2 Netemu Selector) based on XMBM+ installer. Nothing big, just a GUI to change ps2_netemu (ps2 emulator) file. As a bonus I fixed few things in installer, and emulators itself. Like fixed in-game XMB flickering in installer, and correct display in every modes for temperatures in emu patched using @3141card payload. Also changed refresh time little bit. App is work only with 4.81, 4.82 firmwares due to files structure, while embed emulator files are compatible with 4.75-4.82 firmwares.
PS2 Netemu Selector
Application for changing ps2_netemu file versions on firmware 4.81, 4.82 (CEX, DEX, DECR (decr untested)). Based on modified version of XMB Manager Plus (XMBM+) Installer. For original installer readme check file "READMEinstaller.markdown"
Installation: Install pkg file on your PS3. Open the application and follow on-screen Instructions.
Available versions of PS2 Netemu:
- Default - Clean emulator without additional features. Only standard cobra patches are applied.
- Temperatures Mod - Custom emulator version patched by 3141card to show temperatures of CELL/RSX while playing PS2 games. Additionally patched by me to fix temps display on every display mode, and set to refresh temp every 2 seconds.
- Memory Dumper Mod - Custom emulator version patched by 3141card to allow LV1 memory dump while playing PS2 games. Additionally this emu can use all HV calls, and have debug menu unlocked without need to use combo.
- HDD Browser Mod - Not really sure what is usage of this emu Looks like it allow you to select game image without need of cobra.
Works only on 4.81, 4.82 Cobra and Non-Cobra Custom Firmware. App is changing files on dev_flash!
Changes from Installer to Selector
- Obviously renamed project
- Removed reboot prompt for devflash operations (not needed for netemu change)
- Fixed string centering in menus (ugly hack)
- Graphical changes (strings, colors, target names, etc.)
- Changed usleep values for buttons
- Changed way of naming backups folder. Previous method resulted here in GO TO EMULATOR SELECTOR in name.
- Removed some refers to variable names in dialogs. Specially app_choice ones.
- More that I forgot, anyway source is here
- In v1.1 Only backup of last used emu is created. Old backup is overwritten with new.
- Since v1.2 require noRSX 0.29
- Added scetool flags to makefile
PS2 Netemu Selector v1.4
Now after choosing emu you will be taken to next screen with option to enable/disable debug menu. So you can have emulator that show temperatures with enabled debug menu now.
- Added submenu to enable/disable debug menu for every emu
To access debug menu run ps2 game, and push PS button. Current patch allow to show this menu only one time per run.
PS2 Netemu Selector v1.3
PS2 Netemu Selector v1.2
- Added manual page with emulators description
- Changed menu logo
- Changed font for headers in menu
- Reorganized menu, and folder structure
- Other minor graphical changes
PS2 Netemu Selector v1.1
- Fixed in-game XMB (PS button menu) flickering
- Changed way of creating backupPS2 Netemu Selector v1.0Note: Previously backup was created basing on current date/time. This resulted in separate backup files for every emulator change. This resulted in many not needed copies which just take free space on hdd. Now when changing emulator previous backup is overwritten with new one. Although backup files are not really needed here, because app is not changing files that can affect console/xmb boot process, and original emu is included in app itself. But is good to have one just in case, that's why I leave option to create/restore it.
- Initial Release
- Install NoRSX library in version 0.29 (no earlier, no later): https://github.com/wargio/NoRSX/tree/a0d1d0c6c47561df70813fcf86df610d982ffbfc
- Other requirements are the same like in original installer code (PSl1GHT, etc.). But require custom ps2_netemu.self files to be added, and empty.txt to be removed, before pkg compilation.
- andreus, and XMBM+ Team for great installer
- 3141card for r.e. and patches to ps2_netemu
- deroad for noRSX
Visit Git (Installer): https://github.com/XMB-Manager-Plus/xmb-manager-plus-installer
Note: DECR untested, use at your own risk. Most possible issue is that LV1 dump is not possible, other features should work. Note 2: Keep in mind that toggling dev_flash files too frequently is not best idea, so use with caution!
Thx to @3141card for patches, and sharing knowledge with us!
Download (Latest Version): github.com/kozarovv
PS3 PS2 Netemu Selector - Easy way to toggle ps2 emulator (on PS3 CFW)
By kozarovv on Jan 20, 2018 at 12:12 PM
ref00d (plugin) Released - Run Games / Apps that require a higher FW from your ownFollowing the big news from Team Molecule several weeks ago and effectively opening the system wide open, it was only a matter of time before we would start to see other developer's start putting the finding to use and we have seen the FAPS Team (team members listed below) have recently released a new (taiHEN) plugin called ref00d, this plugin is a big deal, as it will allows users/devs to use content that would otherwise require a higher firmware to be played/executed on a lower firmware for your exploited PS Vita or PlayStation TV. Typically not an easy task to reach but thanks to Team Molecule's research and the FAPS Team we now have a ready to use simple plugin solution to remove those firmware restrictions, see additional details about this plugin release in the release notes provided below by the development team.
[Update x2] RetroArch (PS2) Preview (includes 2 cores) - Introducing New Nigthly PS2 ReleasesUpdate (2x): Reports are coming in this PS2 Homebrew is also working on PS3 HAN & PS4 (5.05).
With progress making headway on the upcoming PS4 port of RetroArch from a group of developer's, Another developer (fjtrujy) started progress on a PlayStation 2 (PS2) port several months back (view previous progress) and now has a port that progressed enough for a public soft release, Now available in the new RetroArch PS2 Nighties for anyone interested in downloading and trying out the multi-system emulator on your homebrew capable PS2 hardware. @fjtrujy warns that many things need implemented yet and many pending issue remain and only these early release contains two cores currently 2048 and QuickNES. Which is likely to grow and a good gauge to base what is expected for the PS2 port, Would be to view the PSP as that should be a good baseline of what to expect and the PS2 may be able to handy more then the PSP likely.Continue reading
2018 - Year in Review: "Kernel Exploits, New Cryptographic Failures and a (tiny) new Console" [Poll]2018 is over and it was a very interesting Year, not only for you as a Gamer, but also for PSX-Place. We saw many Releases across all platforms, like several Kernel- and Web Exploits for the PlayStation 4, the PlayStation Vita caught a strong year as well, especially back in December, but also the PS3 was still very popular with many updated Homebrew Releases for System Firmware 4.82 for instance. We also saw some newcomers like the PlayStation Classic, where everyone knows how bad Sony designed it and why we (the Homebrew-Community) has to fix it. But in case you missed something, this Article will give you an overview what happend so far in 2018 for the whole PlayStation-family. And to round things up, there is a small Poll you can find down below where you can vote for your favourite Console of last year. Every Vote is welcome.
But what will 2019 bring to you? It's still early to say but maybe Sony will satisfy the all Gamer who asks for a "PS5". But the PS4 is still a powerful machine don't you think? Maybe we will see a new Kernel Exploit for a higher System Firmware with the hope that it will lead into a proper Homebrew Community. But however the end result will be, we hope that you will stay faithful to our Community, so you won't miss any action in 2019. And speaking of that, we wish everyone a Happy New Year 2019 and may your dreams/wishes come true.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- David Kadrnožka