PS3 PS3 4.83 OFW Now Live - Beware changes impacting HAN users - stay tuned for more info

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by montcer, Oct 10, 2018.

By montcer on Oct 10, 2018 at 9:20 PM
  1. 109
    montcer

montcer Member

BEWARE (Exploited PS3's) PlayStation firmware update 4.83 has just went Live, developer's from the PS3Xploit team have not had time to take a look at it yet since this has just been released (see update, devs are looking into it now and will update us here in this thread), This update could potentially be a patch for the PS3Xploit hacks (but they have not in a year which has been odd) or it could be a simple routine update for things such as the BluRay player. Developer's will look into this newly released update and we will keep us posted here in this thread. Its advised to stay on 4.82 until Ps3Xploit developer's verify the newly released Official firmware. Users and Ps3 Firmware Bot has confirmed the update is live.
    -STLcardsWS ​

Update:
    (See "Ps3Xploit Status" TAB below for latest reports on PS3Xploit Status)

ps3-system-software-update-two-column-01-ps3-eu-23mar15.png

• WARNING 4.83 PS3 Firmware is NOW LIVE
      PS4_4.83.png

Official Changelog via Sony:

New for 4.83
      • This system software update improves system performance.

• ps3xploit-logo.png
      Current Status for 4.83
      • PS3Xploit (for CFW enabled Console) - Do not update to 4.83 OFW (From 4.82 CFW you can update to a 4.83 CFW when available)
      • PS3Xploit HAN (for non CFW Compatible Consoles) - Do not update to 4.83, or you will lose various abilities of HAN

Official Ps3Xploit Response via @bguerville

RECOMMENDATION FROM PS3XPLOIT TEAM:
      FOR THE MOMENT, DO NOT UPDATE TO 4.83 UNLESS YOU HAVE DECIDED TO GIVE UP USING HAN PERMANENTLY ON THE CONSOLE.

After a look at the update files & preliminary tests, I am afraid I am bearing some bad news for HAN users playing online.

1. It would appear that [email protected] patched one of the 2 webkit exploits we currently use to trigger ROP chains.
      It means that we need to replace this exploit in order to get any ps3xploit tool working on 4.83. Work is already under way, obviously no ETA at this stage. Please don't ask.

The kernel is completely untouched. No changes to either lv1 or lv2 which means CFWs will be easier to make. That's also good news for devs with any promising kernel vulnerability under investigation.

3. Changes were made to vsh as usual & they seem extensive enough to suspect that they may have patched the HAN vulnerability as well. We have not yet had time to look into the matter at all but if they did, HAN might be gone for good past 4.82, leaving only CFW2OFW conversions installable & runnable on 4.83 whenever the patched webkit exploit gets replaced.

In conclusion, the changes brought by the 4.83 update mean that anyone updating will lose usage of HAN, and possibly permanently until a kernel exploit comes out. Cfw2ofw conversions will be the only installed games that will still be working after updating.

The nature of this update is upsetting our 4.0 release plans somewhat. It's still very early stages in our investigations & there are still many unanswered questions for the moment. I will keep you all posted whenever I have additional information to share.

• PS3_4.83_CFW.jpg
      As 4.83 releases (CFW / Homebrew / Tools) are made , we will keep this linked thread below updated:

Do not update to 4.83 or you could lose the ability to exploit your PS3

Source: playstation.com / twitter.com/PS3FWBot
    (Thanks to montcer for the Alert in the forum :) )​

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2018
    howainy, Orbital, blakluv69 and 15 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by montcer, Oct 10, 2018.

1. SkillFeed
      SkillFeed
      U just answered ur question urself.

Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk
      bguerville and Cypher_CG89 like this.
    2. ElvisTek
      ElvisTek
      Oh well, i expected that any member of the exploit team, to say "yeah" or "it's possible but will take time or anything.
      Also i wrote this at 3am (my time zone) so i was asleep.
    3. Jevo
      Jevo
      Now seeing that Han is dead in 4.83.... It's there a CFW 4.83 (trusty)??? To go back to an older version (4.81-.82)
    4. SkillFeed
      SkillFeed
      Can u pls scroll up and read the older answers?

Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk
      sandungas likes this.
    5. Bammerz
      Bammerz
      good morning
      i´m having some trouble i can successly enter psn with proxy but when i try to login it comes up an error can you help me please? thanks
    6. Naked_Snake1995
      Naked_Snake1995
      Quick question lads: Does the 4.70 Backup Data Utility method, still works on 4.83? Ive heard that it does the same way as HAN did, via CFW2OFW, but you have to reformat the drive each time you add a new game.

Just wanted to confirm, and try it myself, with the SS i have on 4.83, with my another 2104A on 4.82.2.
    7. NewFile
      NewFile
      The HDD will be formatted each time a a backup restore is attempted. The changes do not matter, even if you try to restore the exact backup you took a minute ago it will still format.
    8. Naked_Snake1995
      Naked_Snake1995
      Sure thing, but the method still works for 4.83.

The machine was never exploited with HAN, so no HAN traces.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
    9. bguerville
      bguerville
      Yes. The CFW2OFW conversions still work on 4.83, the only problem is how to inject the game files...
      You can use DTU like you suggested. The only alternative atm is to inject CFW2OFW conversions files into a ps3 backup file using the ps3xport PC utility modded by lmn7 to be restored on OFW.
      Prior presence of HAN makes no difference.
      Naked_Snake1995 likes this.
    10. Naked_Snake1995
      Naked_Snake1995
      Thanks mate, happy new year to all btw! :)
      ayassinsayed and solstic3 like this.
    11. DrSn0w
      DrSn0w
      OK, so back to the original post. Any further progress or has all been abandoned?
    12. Fanhais
      Fanhais
      the devs are still working but no release date yet to say, don't have high expectations someday maybe psxploit 4.0 out
    13. Marvin Freeman
    14. Cypher_CG89
      Cypher_CG89
      Yes you can on CFW compatible models, the original way with a Hardware flasher such as E3, it's a lot more complicated than a software xploit but it does the job well.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
    15. Aria_Math_
      Aria_Math_
      You're right. but as you might know, most of HAN's users have super slim, which is not a CFW compatible system. So most of those users are checking this and other related posts looking for news, including me.
      The last time a dev told us about the progress was some months ago, so it would be great to see any reports, of course thankfully by the hard effort these experts are making.
    16. pink1
      pink1
      This was posted a little over a weak ago & explains everything http://www.psx-place.com/threads/does-any-one-know-about-ps3xploit-4-0.20624/#post-151997
    17. Aria_Math_
      Aria_Math_
    18. Exploitation
      Exploitation
      i want to know that what is the progress of HAN on 4.83.Are the devs seeing some green light or its just a dream that might be true
    19. Aria_Math_
      Aria_Math_
      Man, i just made the same question you did. And the answer is right upon you. It's so difficult to read the post? Why post the same thing?

Enviado desde mi SM-J105B mediante Tapatalk
      sandungas likes this.
    20. sandungas
      sandungas
      There is no "weekly progress report" or anything like that, so the news are the same than the last time you asked for it
      And asking for it every X days is not going to work, i guess a lot of you want to talk about it but there are no news to talk about
      SkillFeed likes this.
    Tags: