PS3 60GB fat with 4.82 CFW updated to 4.83

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreaks / CFW' started by Vampirtc, Feb 12, 2019 at 3:48 PM.

1. 3
    Vampirtc

Vampirtc Forum Noob

I have two PS3 fat consoles with NAND that were updated from CFW to 4.83 by mistake and stuck at updating. For Slim consoles you only needed to remove HDD; format it and load OFW. I did that, but it turned bad.
    After formatting HDD as soon as I turn the console on, the fun starts spinning like crazy and there is no picture.

The only time I got picture was when I removed HDD and placed console in recovery mode, then I seen an error: no storage device connected.

How can I fix those consoles?

2. 167
    ISAK.M

ISAK.M Member

Well, School
    Update by mistake? Sure. Well broken HDD is what comes in mind if it doesnt boot with HDD inserted.
    Stuck at updating? Does this mean you turned it off during the update that was "stuck" and formatted the HDD and then tried installing OFW?
    If thats the case then Hardware Flasher might be the only thing if you really cant get into recovery mode.
    If you get it to recovery mode you can install OFW from there.

3. 1,004
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    With the HDDs in try and enter recovery and reinstall the FW? You you get the same black screen? errors? Have you tryed another HDD in the PS3's?

This below is a last resort method if you cannot get anything to work.

If this fails I see only one option....Go back into Recovery mode and select "Restore System" this is the Factory reset option and will purge the PS3 of everything, Format the HDD, wipe the flash memory and start a fresh as if the PS3 has just come out of the Box.This could of corrupted quite a few things on the Flash memory when you turned them off when the crashed on the FW install This is what is a last resort method if all other options fail to sort the problem.

Also if the PS3 asks for 4.83 and does not accept a 4.83 CFW PUP file then you will have to re xploit your console's using a hardware flasher.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019 at 7:29 PM
  4. 167
    ISAK.M

ISAK.M Member

Well, School
    Doesnt it say that he has two FAT NAND consoles, or am I missing something?

5. 1,004
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Whoops, I was looking at another thread, doing other things and somehow managed the merge them in to one F**ked up reply lol. :rolling: need to edit that.

EDIT: Sorted it out... I really do not know how I manged to screw that up lol. But then again I'm searching the net, replying on here and playing Oblivion all at the same time lol.

Cheers for noticing the errors.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019 at 7:34 PM
  6. 3
    Vampirtc

Vampirtc Forum Noob

It wasn't turned off by mistake during updating, actually before formatting HDD, PS3 was showing a screen and trying to complete updating process, then an error has occured and it didn't complete. Tried to turn it on a few times, same thing.
    Then I formatted HDD, and no, it has no errors. When I turned on PS3 with formatted HDD, the fan was set to 100% almost immediately and no picture (same case with both PS3 consoles, but are NAND).
    I also didn't get picture while entering recovery mode with HDD inserted.

When I remove HDD and go into recovery mode, fan acts normally and I can see the error no storage drive detected.

One PS3 had Rebug 4.82 CFW, for the other I don't know what it was.

Thank you for replies, I will try with another HDD on both consoles tomorrow. But I was thinking, basically the only thing I can do is to also try formatting the HDD on the third PS3, and putting that one in PS3.

Like I've said I've had this issue many times on NOR consoles and formatting HDD always helped.

7. 3,401
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Why you insist in formatting the hdd in a PS3 ?

If you really want to cleanup all data in the hdd you need to format it in PC !

ISAK.M and Cypher_CG89 like this.
  8. 3
    Vampirtc

Vampirtc Forum Noob

Of course I formatted on my PC, but now console doesn't work...

9. 167
    ISAK.M

ISAK.M Member

Well, School
    Ok, if you cant get it to boot to XMB or Recovery then your only option is a Hardware Flasher, cause that sounds like broken FW to me.