Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 Brick while using PS3Xploit incorrectly

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit CFW Installer ( PS3 25XX Models & Lower)' started by matnyaga, Feb 9, 2018.

1. 26
    matnyaga

matnyaga Forum Noob

Hi guys,
    My buddy attempted to install the PS3Xploit on a CECH-2504A console which had 4.82 OFW. Unfortunately, it had a min FW 3.60 and it is now bricked. I have a friend with an E3 flasher however, I do not have a dump or back up. Is the console recoverable? What are my options?

Thanks

2. 1,132
    pink1

pink1 Moderator Developer

You can use the E3 to dump the console & with a hex editor replace CoreOS with one from 4.82 OFW.

3. 26
    matnyaga

matnyaga Forum Noob

Thanks for the quick reply,
    Are the instructions for doing this on this forum or are they console specific? i.e will I need anything from the console because it won't boot.

4. 1,132
    pink1

pink1 Moderator Developer

The instructions have been posted here a few times but so many post makes them hard to find.
    The only thing you'll need from that console is a dump. If you need a hand after you get that just let me know.

Daryth and matnyaga like this.
  5. 26
    matnyaga

matnyaga Forum Noob

Thanks, I will update as soon as I get an E3 flasher.

pink1 likes this.
  6. 26
    matnyaga

matnyaga Forum Noob

I wished to update that I did get an E3 flasher and I've managed to work my way around it by following a tutorial linked to me by pink.

However, my PS3 is still bricked. These are the steps that I took:

- I made 6 dumps, I used HxD to make sure that all of them were identical.
    - I used NOR inspector, the dumps were flagged as OK.
    - PS3 Dump Checker passes 137 0f the 138 tests but fails at ROS0 Hash.

-I made copies of my dumps, used one and used Flow Rebuilder to Byte Reverse the copied dump.
    -Opened it in HxD, searched for the block between C01E0 and 30042F.
    -Downloaded "ofw_flash_482.hex" and opened it in HxD, copied all and pasted over the selected block C01E0 and 30042F in my copied dump.
    -Saved and opened Flow Rebuilder, byte reversed the edited dump and named it bkpps3.bin.
    -Copied the file to my SD card.
    -Opened HxD and file compared the copied file and the final byte reversed file to ensure they were identical.

-Placed the SD card on the E3 flasher and placed the switches at (Up Down Down Down Down Down) and waited for the process to finish.
    -After the process was done, I put the first switch down and pressed start again.
    - The process failed with the error (10001111).
    - I restarted the Ps3 and tried again, it was successful the second time.
    - I then removed the wire I had soldered to the translate point, put the OFW file PS3UPDAT.PUP in the folder PS3\UPDATE on my PSP and set it to USB Mode.
    -Restarted the PS3 but it is still bricked. Was there a step that I missed?

7. 865
    habib

habib Developer

Yeah you missed.
    You have to replace the ros(7mb) at 0xc0010 and 0x7c0010
    Also remember to bytereverse before and after with a tool e.g flowrebuilder
    Also I hope you unsoldered from e3 safely since it’s very easy to damage the clip when unsoldering

mrisvan, esc0rtd3w and DeViL303 like this.
  8. 249
    playerkp420

playerkp420 Moderator Developer

Also, after getting the dump patched correctly and you flash to the ps3. Make a new dump to file compare with the dump u flashed. Making sure they are identical will ensure that writing was successful and the contents on the NOR Flash is correct.

Of course being sure the dump is valid and patched correctly first is most important. Easy way to patch it would be using dumpstatistic.exe after putting 482coreos file in patch folder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

DeViL303 likes this.
  9. 26
    matnyaga

matnyaga Forum Noob

@habib, thanks for the reply. I used Flow Rebuilder as stated above to Byte Reverse my application. I also did not solder the E3 flasher, I am using the NOR clip instead. When do you replace the ROS0?

10. 26
    matnyaga

matnyaga Forum Noob

Thanks for the reply. Good idea on getting another dump to cross check, I'll do that in a few. I'm not sure I understood the rest of this though "Easy way to patch it would be using dumpstatistic.exe after putting 482coreos file in patch folder." I can't seem to locate a trust worthy source with dumpstatistic.exe on google or 482coreos .

11. 7
    electronicsrepair

electronicsrepair Forum Noob

console model: 2504a code 1b
    lowest downgradable: 3.60
    need to undo the changes affected to the dump exploited and bring back the ps3 to life.

12. 7,611
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Merged your thread to here, this was the exact issue you had with advice needed.
    3.60 was the issue, its not CFW compatible model.

Edit:
    Dump Removed (incase you did not remove personal data and it was not needed to view the issue)

mrisvan likes this.
  13. 249
    playerkp420

playerkp420 Moderator Developer

I was under the impression you had the ROS_OFW_4.82 file already? How are you patching to OFW 4.82?
    Here is dumpstastic with 482 patch in folder already, just extract to Desktop or wherever. http://www.mediafire.com/file/wwe2otwvy0z9u82/sinsizer dumpstatistic.rar
    Open the .exe and for Choose Patch select ROS_OFW_482. Then tick the box patched [E3 flasher].
    Drag n drop your dump onto input and it will make the patched dump in the same folder as the one u dropped.

mrisvan, esc0rtd3w, DeViL303 and 2 others like this.
  14. 26
    matnyaga

matnyaga Forum Noob

I wished to give an update on the PS3 situation. It is presently working, thank you to everyone on this thread and especially Pink who was patient with me while helping me out.

@playerkp420 I was previously using the file "ofw_flash_482.hex" and tried to use HxD to input the file manually. It didn't work....lol

To anyone out there who might be in the same situation I was please follow the guide down below:

http://www.logic-sunrise.com/forums...ne-ps3-suite-a-un-flash-ps3xploit-malheureux/

It's not in English but it is pretty self-explanatory.

Just a couple of things to I discovered(Please correct me if I'm wrong):

- Since your PS3 isn't coming on, you'll need to solder a wire at the back of your motherboard. They are variations depending on your board type the name of your board (located at the back) plus tristate to GND on to Google. It'll ensure your PS3 stays ON.
    - Also ensure, you have multiple copies of your dump. I had 6 but I think 4 should be fine. Make sure they are identical by using HxD and use Ps3Dumpchecker to ensure they are fine before doing anything else.
    - If your E3 flasher just has a red light (i.e the blue lights don't come on) you've probably put the cable in backwards.
    - After you patch your dump write it twice with the E3 flasher (100000) and (000000) where 1 is up
    - Afterwards, immediately dump it again on to your SD Card and use HxD to check if the dump matches the patched dump stored on your computer.

pink1 and DeViL303 like this.
  15. 2,764
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Another bit on info, the "tristate " belongs to a pin of the southbridge, by grounding it what happens is a bunch of other pins of the southbridge behaves like "disconnected"
    And in this state... all the peripherals connected to southbridge are not logically present in the motherboard (a bit like if you desolder them)
    Peripherals includes FLASH, hdd, bluray, wifi/BT, USB hubs, etc...

The point of this... is when you boot the PS3 while in "tristate" state... the southbridge is not going to try to access the FLASH (so the contents of FLASH doesnt matters because are not going to be readed by other components of the motherboard anyway). The motherboard can be turned ON (in a black screen) but is like if half of the components of the motherboard was "disabled"

That flash access from southbridge---to--->flash could interfere with the other access from the flasher ---to--->flash
    This is the most common reason why is used the "tristate"... to avoid "interferences" at the time of reading/writing the FLASH

All this aplyes ONLY if you are going to turn ON the PS3 for flashing
    Otherway... if you do the flashing with the motehrboard turned OFF it doesnt matters because there is not any other component from the motherboard trying to access FLASH chip

Zazenora likes this.
  16. 18
    Metinfield

Metinfield Forum Noob

hello i have the same problem i have helped you i have not done what i have done i would like to Convert your dump file and give it to me thank you

17. 18
    Metinfield

Metinfield Forum Noob

bkpps3
    If you send it to me, you can convert it and give it to me

18. 26
    matnyaga

matnyaga Forum Noob

I don't quite understand but what happened? What issue are you having? Some details would help me, help you.

19. 4,221
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Home Page:
    You bricked when using the exploit yes?

Have you got a Hardware flasher like e3 or Teensy? If so, then you will need your own dump , then you will need to patch it and flash it back with the flasher.

20. 18
    Metinfield

Metinfield Forum Noob

I have got e3 flasher and was brick with ps3xploit

Tags: