Ps3 FTP Problem!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware Mods' started by Tadas, Jan 6, 2019.

1. 9
    Tadas

Tadas Forum Noob

Soo, I have this problem that s making me #&%#&#% mad, the ftp on my ps3 is not working anymore. Before it worked fine, but I wanted to try and use blackbox to connect using ethernet, that didn't work, so I wanted to connect again using wifi, and id does not work. Im using FileZilla, and upon trying to connect, I get a ''could not connect to server'' error. Tried restoring default network settings on ps3, when I need to connect to the network I get ''The attempt to obtain an IP address has timed out''. I cancel the operation, and input the wifi information manually. Internet connection test shows everything is okay. Going to multiman, and enabling the ftp service with no timeout, that's about it right?. SO, I leave my ps3 on, go to my pc, fire up FileZilla, typing my ps3's ip which is 192.168.8.142, aaand still the same problem...

EDIT: Nevermind, it just woke up and started working, after resetting the default settings again :victorious:

pinky likes this.
  2. 9,696
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

bridging wifi and lan? iirc, both need to have separate ip's.

3. 491
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    I would recommend that you remove your IP address from the post. (Never put your IP for any device on any site)

4. 64
    xXxPiKaChArUxXx

xXxPiKaChArUxXx PSX-Place Supporter

thats only a local ip not the public one. it doesnt hurt showing the local ip. 192.168.1.1/ 192.168.0.1 happens to be the default address for many routers.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  5. 9,696
    pinky

btw, to bridge connection highlight either ctrl or alt on one of the connections in network settings on your computer. this might cause stability (networking) issues with the computer or the ps3. however, if all you're trying to do is transfer files, it shouldn't.matter. ;)

6. 491
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

No offence but are you for real??

This could be used as a "gateway" to hack the router its connected to, routers firewalls are crap compared to whats on your PC and is vulnerable. I think you need to read up on internet security. Look anywhere from reputable people and companies and you can the same answer. NEVER give your IP whether it be local or external.

Also when you see pic of people posting pics of problems why do you think they blank out there IP AND MAC address?? Even the Devs do it.

7. 64
    xXxPiKaChArUxXx

192.168.0.2 my PC there, do something with my local ip.

192.168.0.3 my HTC10

192.168.0.4 my tv

192.168.0.5 my ps4

192.168.0.6 my ps3

see? nothing happened

are you on my same network? becuse if you dont then your wasting your time.

Tupakaveli likes this.
  8. 491
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

I am a games dev not a hacker in that sort and wouldn't want to do such things. such arrogance is exactly how people get hacked in the first place, you know nothing. And would you really expect some thing to happen in the time it took you to type this out keyboard warrior style like an arrogant child? and would you really expect the decent people on here to hack you? You got your post on members only?.

You not listening to what i am saying that it CAN BE used as a "key" to a gateway gateway if someone really wants to try to hack you. They first have to get round what your ISP has done to protect your IP themselves as these IPs are private and not available to search by the pulic but if willingly give someone it then....oops, another person who thinks they know it all.

And IP is unique to every device, every device has its own, your just gave away part of your "HOST IP" the one IP everything in your home is connected to, THUS "Gateway key" it changes slightly as you connect to the internet but you just may as well throw some one the keys to a car instead of letting them break in and steal it. Also how do governments track down people how do things online down the the house and computer that did it???

People have been hacked giving out much less then you have. How do you think people get hacked in the first pace and breach your router without knowing your IP in the first place???? You just made a part of it that much easier for true HACKERS to do.

Give your IP to the Anonymous group, if they can crack Military firewalls with nothing much to go on, and i think the encryption is way better than the crap on your PC and router, they will crack your router in 2 seconds flat with a gateway. and there are worse people out there that don't do stuff like this to spill government secrets, but to ruin your life and those of the people around you.

And if you just gave out info on a network that's not yours, i.e your living in some else house then your putting there info at risk as well.

9. 19
    tinostar91

tinostar91 Forum Noob

The damn irony.

Cypher_CG89 likes this.
  10. 64
    xXxPiKaChArUxXx

i will sit here while i'm waiting for something to happen.

its my network thats for sure. but hey my friend who lives 3 block away, has the same ip in his ps3!!! woooow thatz amazing his ps3 is 192.168.0.6 and he is using another router, from another company!! how on earth can be this possible? seems like we are going to be hacked at the same time. or perhaps everyone in my neighborhood who shares this same ip from all this companies who offer internet service are going to be hoaxed, real bad.

you just need to chill out, no one willl be doing something with this.

11. 9,696
    pinky

glad you got iit working, but yeah, ftp isn't very stable on the ps3.

12. 3,191
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

There are many implementations of ftp servers for PS3, most of them are based in openps3ftp but every developer made his changes (deank, estwald, aldo), also openps3ftp itself had several versions with critical changes (last big change was some kind of multithreading)

So we are talking about 4 or 5 different ftp softwares... is not fair to say that all ftp softwares are unestables in PS3

Tags: