PS3 Net Server Tutorial

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Guides' started by kozarovv, Mar 22, 2015.

1. 4,904
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    This allows you to play your backups that you do not have on your console. The games are played thru the router directly from your computer! REQUIRED FIRMWARE WITH COBRA. Nice thing for people with small hdd in PS3.

Links to needed programs:

Setup for webman and webman MOD:
    Steps
    Instructions
    1​
    • On PS3 in the webMAN settings, you have options 'scan for LAN games / videos'. Select it.
    2​
    • Now create a folder on your computer named 'PS3' in this folder create folders PS3ISO, GAMES, and PSXGAMES (names must be in capital letters).
    3​

• Start up your PS3 NET Server GUI 1.3. At the top will be your ip and port on the right.
    4​
    • Type obtained ip and port in webMAN'a on the appropriate fields (next to scan for LAN games / videos), and save setting.
    5​
    • Copy your backups to folders PS3ISO or GAMES on PC.
    6​
    • In the PS3 NET Server 1.3 GUI navigate to PS3 folder you created earlier, and click Start
    7​
    • Restart your console (unless you don't have disabled scan on startup, then you need hit refresh xml)
    Note: If you get errors related to dll files (libstdc++-6.dll and/or libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll) then download them from link at top of this post and copy to folder where you have ps3netsrv.exe file.

Now games should appear on your PS3. From now on, if you want to play a game from PC HDD. Turn on the PS3 server, turn on the console and you do not need to do anything else! Games will be in xmb!
    Also from that moment games should also appear on IRISMAN, if no then:

Additional steps for IRISMAN (Follow only if games are still not available in IRISMAN after webman setup is done, steps for webman need to be done before doing that!):

Note: Is recommended to use IRISMAN 3.50.9 version from 08-February-2016 or newer. Because this version have additional bugfix\feature to better detect webman path.

Steps
    Instructions
    1​
    • Start IRISMAN and push START for Global Options menu
    2​
    • Select Game List
    3​

• Select Network Games (via webman)
    4​
    • Now automatic scan should start, and games should appear.
    5​
    • To bring back All Games mode go to Global options.
    6​
    • Select Game List
    7​
    • Select All Games
    Now lets setup last available option for run streaming games on your PS3.

Setup for mmCM (Multiman in Cobra Mode):
    Steps
    Instructions
    1​
    • Launch mmCM and go to setting column. Find Net Servers option and now set /nethost0 to enable.
    2​
    • Now create a folder on your computer named 'PS3' in this folder create folders PS3ISO, GAMES, and PSXGAMES (names must be in capital letters).
    3​

• Start up your PS3 NET Server GUI 1.3. At the top will be your ip and port on the right.
    4​
    • Type obtained ip and port into correct place/fields (for nethost0), and go to games column in mmCM.
    5​
    • Copy your backups to folders PS3ISO or GAMES on PC.
    6​
    • In the PS3 NET Server 1.3 GUI navigate to PS3 folder you created earlier, and click Start
    7​
    • In mmCM click Rescan Icon. Now also netsrv games should be listed there. To be sure that you setup is correct you can go to mmOS and cgeck that net_host location is available. If yes then setup is correct, if no then something is wrong.
    Note: If you correctly setup webman then steps when you are creating folders, etc. can be ignored

Advise against doing it via wi-fi, and more specifically computer can be connected via wi-fi, and console should be connected to ethernet port. (Which does not mean that you can't only via wifi, some of games can running smoothly).
    The developers recommend the cable connection through the router with ports 1Gbps, but also a lot of games will work smoothly on full 100mbps.
    Most problematic games, are that ones loading a lot of textures in-game, like GTA series, etc.
    Files description:

• Files with the extension .exe - Install on PC
    • Files with the extension .pkg install on PS3 in "install package files"

Additional Info:

Examples Cobra Firmwares:

Code:
    Darknet Cobra 4.65, 4.66, 4.70, Rebug 4.53, 4.65.1, 4.65.2, Habib Cobra 4.53 - 4.70, 4.46 Rogero mixed with cobra 7, CFW REBUG 4.21.2 Cobra REX by Haxxen, Unofficial Cobra / Rex Rebug 4.46 v2 
    Example games that work with wifi on PC side but with minor FMV slowdowns:

Code:
    F1 2014 Motorcycle Club, Resident Evil HD remaster
    Sample folders on the PC:

Code:
    E:\PS3\GAMES\here the game in format folders
    E:\PS3\PS3ISO\here iso
    E:\PS3\PSXGAMES\ game from psx (iso, bin / cue)

Or you can use diffrent main folder name like D:\MYPS3\GAMES etc.
    Related tutorials:

http://www.psx-place.com/forum/tuto...using-ps3-net-server-ps3-webman-mod-3658.html
    http://www.psx-place.com/forum/tutorials-and-guides/using-raspberry-pi-streaming-device-3618.html
    http://www.psx-place.com/forum/tuto...le-pc-using-ps3-net-server-ps3netsrv-556.html (needs update, but base steps are still actual)

This tutorial still isn't so good that i want to, but my time is limited now. :(

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    rocknard, Algol and T.A.U like this.
  2. 5,886
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Here is also a Guide how to install a PKG file using ps3netsrv. LINK

Algol and T.A.U like this.
  3. 2
    garik816

garik816 New Member

hi!
    how to share PS2ISO from PC?

4. 540
    littlebalup

littlebalup Developer

You can't. Like external hdd. Internal hdd only for ps2.

Algol and T.A.U like this.
  5. 2
    garik816

garik816 New Member

ok, thanks! :)

6. 100
    Bad Jester

Bad Jester Member

I use ps3netsrv for everything. Before I moved I had everything connected with gigabit switches and cat6 so there was no lag.
    But since I moved I cannot drill through the damn firewall in the wall of my apartment so physical connection seems out of the question on a few devices. So I bought a linksys ac3200 on cyber Monday for $130. Not realizing that the ps3 doesn't use 5ghz bandwidth. So I just purchased a trendnet wireless n adaptor. Anyone else tried this yet?

7. 4,904
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Only solution that can give you good result in this case is Ethernet cable from PS3 to router and wifi to pc. But still is worst than eth---eth connection. Maybe PS3 ethernet to "ac" router, and external ac card in PC give you good result also. Using "half n" standard adapter (like one you brought) will be laggy.

EDIT: Tutorial is updated now for mmCM and for IRISMAN.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    T.A.U likes this.
  8. 378
    ricardo

ricardo Member

Perfect tutorial, thanks for sharing your knowledge :p.

9. 100
    Bad Jester

Bad Jester Member

I know cat 6 will be better than wifi. My pc is connected with cable. The ps3 is what cannot be connected with cable.
    So what I bought should be better than wifi. The adaptor I bought will take the wifi signal from the dedicated 5ghz ac router and send it to ps3 over cable.
    I received the adaptor but haven't tried it yet. That's one of my projects for this weekend.

10. 4,904
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Now i understand, you have wifi ac repeater with eth ports. This conection should be fast too. And should work without problem if you made correct network settings.

T.A.U likes this.
  11. 5,413
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

You could use PLC. Basically you run your ethernet via your electricity framework using your leccy sockets. It's cheaper than what you bought (at least where I live) & the results are miles better.

You can achieve over 100Mbps with a cheap set (advertised at around 150Mbps, it can vary ) & up to 200/220Mbps with a slightly better one (advertised at 500Mbs). There are now faster models up to 1200 Mbps available. Have not tried those yet!

Have been using PLC for a couple of years, including with ps3netsrv but also with my TV via adsl & it works great in comparison with wifi.

Sent with Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
    T.A.U likes this.
  12. 4,904
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    802.11ac is rated up to 2167Mbps, good PLC is 1200mbps. Of course all this need to be checked personally, fat walls or poor electric installation can seriously change this results.

T.A.U likes this.
  13. 5,413
    bguerville

Ah ah. My bad [MENTION=118]kozarovv[/MENTION], didn't see the ac. Assumed he meant 5ghz with n.

Also what you said is completely right, there can be massive variations depending on the environment. This is much more so with wireless though. The thing with PLC is, if you don't use multi adapters & your leccy framework is decent (not a century old) then you will get close to maximum bandwidth. I have never seen this to be the case with wifi, whatever the flavour. In supposedly good conditions, all I get out my wifi-n is pathetic in comparison with advertised rate.

As the device is already bought & only needs tried, let us see how it works out. I cannot wait for a report!

Sent with Tapatalk

14. 5
    mcshooter

mcshooter New Member

hey there I have a ps3 fat with 2 usb model cechl04.and I just wondering if I can use this method using pc and ps3 only without router I mean I connect pc and ps3 with ethernet cable

15. 5,413
    bguerville

Am not sure I understand correctly.
    Are you talking about connecting the pc & ps3 without router? Using a crossover Ethernet cable?

Sent with Tapatalk

16. 4,904
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    I have no idea, connect and try. Nothing bad gonna happen ftp work this way, so maybe netsrv also.

17. 5
    mcshooter

mcshooter New Member

No I wanna know if it is possible to get this tutorial working on my fat ^s3 which is stock ps3 games on pc and play them on ur ps3

18. 5,413
    bguerville

Only if your console runs on CFW to begin with, what do you mean the console is stock?

Sent with Tapatalk

19. 5
    mcshooter

mcshooter New Member

I mean with stock that ps3 games are located on pc hard drive and play them using net server

20. 696
    No0bZiLLa

No0bZiLLa Moderator Developer

your console has to run CFW to be able to use this. if you dont have CFW then it wont work.