PS3 Ps3 rebug 4.82 game launching problems, pls help!!!

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreaks / CFW' started by Revilo123, Jun 14, 2018.

1. 3
    Revilo123

Revilo123 Forum Noob

Okay so it's over a week later and I'm still trying to solve these problems and I'm getting close to throwing my ps3s out of the window.
    Problem 1: My PS3 is on rebug 4.82 which i did the other week. I put in a disc game (bo2) and no disk symbol appeared on the xmb menu. So i checked mulitman and irisman as well and nothing there either. I tried google solutions such as toggling cobra mode, enabling bd rom emulator and it still did nothing. I started to assume that the disc drive laser was broken or something so i started from the beginning on one of my other ps3s and made certain that the disk drive was working before i jailbroke it (it was working the games launched and everything). However after i jailbroke it, BOOM the disc symbol no longer appears again in any application or on xmb. If anyone knows how to fix this issue please let me know! (would remarrying the blueray drive solve the issue do you think?).
    Problem 2: After giving up on the problem above i decided to download bo2 directly off the psn store instead. All downloaded and installed okay but when i tried to launch the game from the xmb menu i would get error 80010007 (with cobra enabled) and error 80010017 (with cobra disabled). I tried launching from irisman and mulitman but like with problem one the game doesnt even appear in the applications (i have all the latest versions of these homebrew apps installed). the solutions i tried was updating bo2 to the latest version and i tried spoofing my IDPS but neither worked.

For both these problems i tried checking file system and rebuilding database and still nothing.
    Please someone help, im so close to "throwing in the towel"!

Edit: I jailbroke PS3s a year or two ago and never had any problems even remotely like this.

2. 145
    Metalomeus

Metalomeus Member

You know that when u install rebug 4.82 Cobra and webman are deactivated by default? u have to enable it in the rebug toolbox.

I have also BO2 on my net server and it runs flawlessly even with updates. I have the disc symbol problem also. I fix this in ejecting the mounted game and do a reboot so my original disc appears in XMB.

3. 7,411
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

You are mentioning many different issues here.
    1. If you have a BD issue, you might experience issues running games, starting brews & installing pkg.
    Remarrying a drive is a process that needs done only if you changed the drive unit, otherwise it is pointless.
    2. In order to mount an iso game you must use Cobra or Mamba otherwise it won't work. If Cobra/Mamba isn't used, you can only mount JB folder games.
    The BD emulator should not be used if you rely on Cobra/Mamba.
    3. Psn games are different from iso/Jb games. They get a permanent icon in the game menu & do not require to be mounted. As a result, they don't show in any backup manager. You don't need Cobra/Mamba tu run PSN games.
    The errors you are getting when running the PSN game point either to corrupted data or a licensing type issue.

ENOEXEC 0x80010007 The file is in unrecognized format / The file is not a valid ELF file. (running a self from a higher sdk version on a lower fw version causes this)
    EAUTHFAIL 0x80010017 Failure in authorizing SELF. Program authentication fail (Error starting BluRay game)

I assume you didn't install the PSN version of the game from PSN itself but rather attempted to use a downloaded version hence the licence problem?
    4. If you modify the idps, the PSN licenses already installed will not work anymore until you restore the idps they are matching with.