PS3 PS3 semi-dead after FW update

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Bersekz, Jul 13, 2018.

1. 23
    Bersekz

Bersekz Member

So, some years ago I asked about how to update the firmware of my PS3 in this thread: www .psx-place. com /threads/help-updating-firmware-and-softwares.12113/

I followed all the steps:

Just download habib's 4.81 CFW PUP file.
    Using a fat32 USB key (not a hdd) on a PC, create the folders & copy the pup file so at the end the path on your USB device should be exactly like this, in caps letters.
    X:\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP

If the path is any different it won't work.

Plugin the usb key into the ps3.
    Remove any disc from the BD drive.
    Disconnect from Internet.
    Go to the XMB->Settings->System Update.
    Choose "Update from storage device", the next screen should show the name & version of the CFW. Go ahead with the update.
    On reboot, you are done.

But on reboot, while XMB works fine, whatever game/application I open triggers a very loud sound from the monitor and all the screen goes black.

I have no clue what happened... I just downloaded HABIB_481_PUB_102_CB750 and followed the guide, so why such a simple operation stopped my PS3 from working properly?

Could it be because multiMAN and webMAN MOD aren't updated?

I tryed to launch webMAN MOD 1.41.41 Updater, but it does the same thing: noisy sound and black screen.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  2. 216
    samet2012

samet2012 Member

Move to Ferrox 4.82 then move to Rebug 4.82 REX then switches to DEX.

REX = CEX
    D-REX = DEX

Rebug 4.82 is recommended.

You can download latest version of mutliman and webMAN MOD from http://store.brewology.com/whatsnew.php

3. 23
    Bersekz

Bersekz Member

I don't understand, why all these complicated things? I cannot even have my PS3 to work and you tell me more stuff while I just wanted a working console for doing very basic stuff like launching games. It has always been working like it was before, I just wanted to try to update and now nothing works...

All I'd like to achieve is to have latest stable version for "pleb" (not "super power user developer") and keep my current webMAN MOD, IRIS and multiMAN settings. I'm afraid to lose all my settings by installing them manually.

4. 23
    Bersekz

Bersekz Member

I tryed to download webMAN_MOD_1.47.08_Updater.pkg and installed it, and now I got a message "hold L1 to install full edition or hold X for Lite Edition", but I had to turn my PS3 off because it's now a turbo jet... fan 200%. I don't know what I am doing, please help me. :(

5. 23
    Bersekz

Bersekz Member

I tryed reinstalling also multiMAN (idk if I did anything wrong, downloaded the "base" version) but I keep getting the loud noise when I launch applications.

6. 23
    Bersekz

Bersekz Member

7. 23
    Bersekz

Bersekz Member

Problem fixed: :/

8. 375
    TheDemon

TheDemon Member

i was about to tell you about the sound output settings, just finished watching the video, all good now?

9. 23
    Bersekz

Bersekz Member

All good it seems, I didn't notice any settings being lost in either multiMAN or webMAN MOD. I'm just wondering, why Habib didn't release any 4.82 CFW version? Also, what are the main differences in this firmware compared to 4.81?

10. 408
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Member

LMAO, that caught you off guard, but yes, Webman has a nerve to crank up the fan speed to the max when you install it for the 1st time, unless you change it in the settings to a desired level, not Dynamic Fan.