ps3 slim, no power

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by tedtones2600, Dec 6, 2018.

1. 2
    tedtones2600

tedtones2600 Member

need help while my ps3 is on trying to mod fan speed, ive shorted the brown and gray on fan wires, then suddenly it shuts down

happening now just beep when press on power, fan doesnt spin

ive tried replacing psu nothing happens also checked fuses on the board and there ok

any ideas?

thanks

2. 2,904
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

3. 2
    tedtones2600

tedtones2600 Member

thanks for the reply.. problem right now it doesnt power on caused by shorting of the wires

4. 54
    jetuaime81

jetuaime81 Member

you could try to disconnect blu ray drive and fan. Only motherboard, on off board and power supply and then try to turn on.

5. 2,904
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

If you do keep a finger touching CELL surface, and be ready to disconnect the power cable with the other hand inmediatly when feeling some heat in CELL

Otherway, if you turn ON a PS3 without fan and keep it working for... not much... 5 minutes... is going to die by overheating
    Is awesome how fast the temperatures increases when there is no fan/heatsink... up to a point that the test i mentioned (by having a finger touching CELL surface) is going to burn your finger

What he should do is to take a multimeter and check the lines i mentioned, ground is not needed, but is needed to check that there is voltage in one of the wires. That voltage probably comes from his own voltage regulator (not directly from PSU)

And the other wire with the PWM signal from syscon... well, to check the signal is needed an osciloscope (expensive equipment), but you can use a multimeter to verify if there is a connection in between syscon and the PWM pin of the fan connector (in other words... the line is not "broken")

jetuaime81 likes this.
  6. 54
    jetuaime81

jetuaime81 Member

yes true. i only suggested to see if green light comes and boot,then should off but i was not clear. my bad. sorry.