PS3DumpChecker

Discussion in 'Downgrading' started by littlebalup, Oct 16, 2014.

1. 491
    littlebalup

littlebalup Developer

PS3dumpchecker_clip.png
    PS3DumpChecker
    [noparse] github.com/Swizzy/PS3DumpChecker/tree/master/Latest%20Compiled%20Version - github[/noparse]
    [noparse]github.com/Swizzy/PS3DumpChecker/blob/master/Latest%20Compiled%20Version/PS3DumpChecker.exe?raw=true - download[/noparse]

A Windows application to aid in checking/verifying PlayStation 3 NAND/NOR dumps. Please note that applications like these do not guarantee that your NAND/NOR dump is 100%. Use as a guidance.

ps3dumperwarning.gif

Build 489 2016-11-02:
    • Changed: The embedded 4.80 patch replaced by a 4.81 patch build from the FERROX 4.81 CEX custom firmware CoreOS.
    • Added: OFW and Patched 4.81 ROS hashs.
    Build 488 2016-04-29:
    • Changed: The embedded 4.78 patch replaced by a 4.80 patch build from the FERROX 4.80 CEX custom firmware CoreOS.
    • Added: OFW and Patched 4.80 ROS hashs.
    Build 487 2016-01-24:
    • Changed: The embedded 4.76 patch replaced by a 4.78 patch build from the FERROX 4.78 CEX custom firmware CoreOS.
    • Added: OFW and Patched 4.78 ROS hashs.
    • Added cisd2 no-wifi entry and one CECHB SKU ID data.
    Build 486 2015-09-11:
    • Updated UpdateHelper.exe to not delete itself (this was causing some antivirus software to call it a trojan/virus/malicious/suspicious software)
    Build 485 2015-09-06:
    • Changed: The embedded 4.75 patch replaced by a 4.76 patch build from the FERROX 4.76 CEX custom firmware CoreOS.
    • Added: OFW and Patched 4.76 ROS hashs.
    Build 484 2015-06-08:
    • Changed: The embedded 4.70 patch replaced by a 4.75 patch build from the FERROX 4.75 CEX custom firmware CoreOS.
    • Added: OFW and Patched 4.75 ROS hashs.
    • Fixed: metldr threshold stats slightly adjusted.
    Build 481 2015-02-27:
    • Changed: The embedded 4.66 patch replaced by the Darkjiros's 4.70 fixed patch
    • Added: OFW and Patched 4.70 ROS hashs
    • Fixed: cvtrm checks 010.04 & 010.06 (NAND) and 010.06 & 010.11 (NOR) are deactivated as they are causing false negative on some rare flash images. Those checks are commented into the default.config files and can be restaured.
    • Fixed: datas of cISD semistatic2 check completed for refurbished NAND consoles. Added one SKU datas for a CECHG refurbished console as well.
    Build 479 2015-01-23:
    • Added: embedded ROS patch version now displayed in settings.
    • Added: new button to restore default values of settings (clear registry then restart the application).
    • improved: settings form, some tooltips...
    • Fixed: now "Restore ROS header" option is disabled if internal patcher is not used.
    • Fixed: cvtrm Header static check (NAND)
    Build 475 2015-01-11:
    • Added: New option to select a custom ROS patch instead of the default embedded one. (a patch.bin file in the root directory still working if exist)
    • Added: new cISD1 semistatic 2 entry (NOR check)
    Build 473 2014-12-05:
    • Added: Some tooltips in the settings menu.
    • Added: New option to restore ROS headers. May be useful for dumps coming from jailbroken consoles. The option can be enabled in the settings menu, "Restore ROS headers".
    • Added: The embedded TRVK patches have been reinstated as an option. Can be enabled in the settings menu, "Apply TRVK patches".
    Build 470 2014-11-22:
    • Changed: Because it was causing some soft-bricks on slim models, the embedded 4.66 patch is replaced by Darkjiros 4.66 patch.
    Build 469 2014-11-20:
    • Changed: The embedded 4.65 patch replaced by a 4.66 patch (Littlebalup's build)
    • Added: OFW and Patched 4.66 ROS hashs
    • Added: one new cISD1 Semistatic 2 entry (NAND)
    • Fixed: cell_ext_os_area check (NAND)
    Build 468 2014-10-14:
    • Changed: The embedded Darkiris's 4.65 patch replaced by a patch made from "Ferrox 4.65 DB" firmware CoreOS (as the Darkiris's patch has some issues).
    • Added: VTRM 0xFF filled area checks (variable size/starting offset depending of VTRM entries count)
    • Added: Bootldr & asecure_loader 0x00 / 0xFF filled area checks (variable size/starting offset depending on version)
    • Added: A "Force Patch" option allowing to apply patches even if the dump failed verification. Can be enabled/disabled in the settings menu, disabled by default. Must be used with care and knowledge
    • Added: The Three Musketeer's patch MD5 to the hashlist
    • Changed: Font of the displayed data in text boxes is now monospaced
    • Added: Some check adjustments. Added some cell_ext_os_area checks (NAND)
    • Fixed: Some output wouldn't show properly, now it does (ascii null issues along with non-ascii beeing converted to [])
    • Fixed: ROS Version checks are now performed properly, if the hash don't match any known version, it'll still pass now... (as that's what it was intended for... besides, if this value is bad... the hash won't match ;))
    • Fixed: The log now contains all data from the Datamatch check aswell (it only shows the data if there's a missmatch somewhere, otherwise it'll just show you the result of the check for each part)
    • Fixed: Alignment issues with some hex output (all output is now aligned to be per-byte (space in between every 2 hex chars) and 0x10 bytes per line)
    • Added: SequenceRepetition to the Datamatch check (enables vtrm checking which has > 500 sequences which should match...)
    • Added: DisableDisplay to the Datamatch check (enables checking large data to be a match without displaying the actual data...)
    Build 416 2014-09-18:
    (Swizzy's changes):

• Added: ROS version checks. Can be enabled/disabled in settings menu, ROS versions and patch status displayed in "Image Information" group. If a known patched ROS recognized, it will not ask to patch the dump
    • Added: new "datafill" type checks, Now large 0x00 and 0xFF areas can be checked
    (Littlebalup's changes):
    • Updated: The embedded CFG Added, improved, corrected and reorganized some checks (more than 100 checks now for both NOR and NAND)
    • Updated: The embedded hashlist (to the latest one today)
    • Changed: The embedded 4.55 patch replaced by the Darkiris's 4.65 patch (which has its size corrected to 6.99MB)
    Build 348 2014-02-27:
    • Fixed: Dropping a dump on the exe will now work again (Thanks to Baileyscream for the bug report!)
    Build 347 2014-02-27:
    • Fixed: Old format for the disclaimer was still partially used by accident, doesn't really have a big effect, as it's converted on each boot untill you disable the disclaimer...
    Build 346 2014-02-27:
    • Fixed: Crash when using the new version for the first time, and some errors with the Disclaimer disablement stuff... didn't always work quite as it should...
    • Added: Crash log will now also reflect the version used...
    • Added: New check type (Data Matches) This type checks for areas of the NAND/NOR which should be the same at specified offsets, such as bootldr size (they should always be a match) and per console nonce
    • Fixed: Check count is now correct (each part of the repetition check is a different check, so it should be counted as such...)
    Build 344 2014-02-25:
    • Added: You can now disable the disclaimer that pops up during startup from the settings menu, it has always been possible by editing the registry manually or pressing Ctrl + F1...
    Build 343 2014-02-25:
    • Fixed: Loading "patch.bin" now works properly...
    • Added: When repetitions are failing you'll be told what address line(s) to check in order to solve the problem
    • NOTE: The feature have been tested properly now... and... If A0 is bad the whole image will look REALLY bad... there is no way i can reliably check for this error atm (repetitions don't happen because the check size is too big)
    Build 342 2014-02-25:
    • Fixed: Wording in settings (I originally added 3.55 patching as an option, but spoke to rogero and he explained that his 4.55 works the same way with better compatibility for newer consoles, and also with the noFSM...)
    Build 341 2014-02-25:
    • Added: Option to use internal patcher (Currently included patches are Rogero's 4.55 Patches, they support ALL methods of downgrading [FactoryServiceMode and "NoFSM" CFW install])
    • NOTE: This will be disabled for metldr2 dumps...
    • NOTE: The embedded patches can be overridden by placing a new one as "patch.bin" next to the exe...
    • Added: Version check for the application update check
    • Fixed: Better error handling when checking for updates, and moved the code to check for cfg/hashlist updates to form load instead (allowing for it to load first so you know it haven't crashed...)
    • Added: You'll now be notified if you're already using the latest hashlist/cfg when doing a manual update check
    • Added: There's now a tool to fix problems with NOR dumps that were made with address lines swapped by accident... you can access it by pressing Ctrl + F9 (Thanks goes to Judges for the code snippet to do this! :D)
    • NOTE: This was added as a way for me to simulate errors, thus the name of it "Simulate ****" xD There's also a tool to edit a dump to simulate a bad address line... (not useful for most of you)
    • Changed: The changelog now uses the font "Consolas" to make sure the formatting is the same as when i write it in Visual Studio.
    Build 338 2014-02-20:
    • Changed: Better error handler, it'll now show you where it saves the crash log and also save it next to the exe instead...
    • Fixed: Downloading the hashlist/config now properly checks default.cfg/default.hashlist before downloading and not latest.cfg/latest.hashlist
    Build 337 2014-02-20:
    • Added: Error handler for a different type of crash which only effected some users (dafuq?)
    • Fixed: Hopefully fixed the crash some of you experienced with the previous builds (325 & 332 atleast)
    Build 332 2014-02-20:
    • Added: Button/Icon for Settings
    • Added: Repetitions check (look for data that should only exist once...) [ Enabled by default]
    • Fixed: Hash checking of the app is now done correctly
    Build 325 2014-02-17:
    • Fixed: Error beeing shown while checking for app updates then the file beeing downloaded anyways... maybe i need more sleep?
    Build 323 2014-02-17:
    • Fixed: AutoDLHashlist now downloads the hashlist and not the cfg (woops!)
    • Added: Before downloading any file an attempt will be made to check if the current file is the same as the online one, if it is... then it'll be ignored...
    Build 322 2014-02-17:
    • Fixed: The app can now properly download itself from github (my bad!)
    Build 319 2014-02-17:
    • Added: Auto download the latest hashlist/cfg automatically on load
    • Changed: Now using Github as the update server instead... (easier for me to maintain)
    • Updated: The embedded cfg/hashlist are updated as all other builds before (to the latest one today)
    • Removed: I've removed the TRVK_PRG# and TRVK_PKG# hashes from the list, they're quite useless anyways
    Build 305 2013-08-20:
    • Added: Upon getting a smaller screen height of 600 pixels it'll now resize the window to fit...
    Build 304 2013-08-12:
    • Added disclaimer message everytime you launch it, to disable that hit Ctrl + F1
    • Fixed an issue with the hashchecks and added a new hash (Thanks to BwE's tool, it was identified as 3.66 so i added it ;)) there'll be many more to add later on...
    • Fixed a typo in the CFG for identifying CECHJxx (DIA-002) datecode: 8B
    Build 299 2013-08-08:
    • Added Settings menu (Ctrl + F12)
    • Added A Way for you to bypass the HashCheck (if you don't want it, just disable it!)
    • Updates are now completed, the app will now update itself on request...
    Build 282 - 2013-08-07:
    Added Hash checks for:

• ROS0
    • ROS1
    • TRVK_PRG0
    • TRVK_PRG1
    • TRVK_PKG0
    • TRVK_PKG1
    • Fixed a couple of bugs
    • Added The inital Internet Updates function (somewhat broken)
    Build 252 - 2013-07-29:
    1. Fixed a bug caused by computers completing checks faster then it could process the checks list
    Build 250 - 2013-07-26:
    • Added Auto Launching Rogero's Patcher if present and dump verified...
    • Removed statistics check from the default cfg (they're rarely ever passing anyways unless 3.55 patched first)
    ps3dumpchecker.gif

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    ricardo and T.A.U like this.
  2. 491
    littlebalup

littlebalup Developer

PS3DumpChecker Build 469 is released with support of 4.66 dumps and a new 4.66 no-FSM embeded patch plus few minor corrections.

Code:
    Build 469 2014-11-20:
     - Changed: The embedded 4.65 patch replaced by a 4.66 patch (Littlebalup's build)
     - Added: OFW and Patched 4.66 ROS hashs
     - Added: one new cISD1 Semistatic 2 entry (NAND)
     - Fixed: cell_ext_os_area check (NAND)
    Same source/download link.

3. 491
    littlebalup

littlebalup Developer

As it seem's it cause soft-brick on some slim models, a new update has just been done to replace the embeded 4.66 patch by the Darkjiros one.
    My apologize for the troubles, if any.

Code:
    Build 470 2014-11-22:
     - Changed: Because it was causing some soft-bricks on slim models, the embedded 4.66 patch is replaced by Darkjiros 4.66 patch.

4. 491
    littlebalup

littlebalup Developer

New build 473 adding some new options.
    Code:
    Build 473 2014-12-05:
     - Added: Some tooltips in the settings menu.
     - Added: New option to restore ROS headers. May be useful for dumps coming from jailbroken consoles. The option can be enabled in the settings menu, "Restore ROS headers".
     - Added: The embedded TRVK patches have been reinstated as an option. Can be enabled in the settings menu, "Apply TRVK patches".

5. 666
    No0bZiLLa

No0bZiLLa Moderator Developer

im trying to figure out how they compute STD DEV in these per console datas. dont get me wrong, i can compute std dev just fine, but what i compute using the normal method/algo comes up with a different (but consistent) outcome. [MENTION=48]littlebalup[/MENTION] do you know anything about this?

6. 491
    littlebalup

littlebalup Developer

I don't undestand at all your question :rolleyes:
    What do you mean by "STD DEV" ??

standard deviation calc?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  7. 666
    No0bZiLLa

yes standard deviation. using the standard method, i come up with a different outcome. and i cannot figure out the method other flash tools used. any insight would be appreciated. :)

the method i use is converting each character into its hexadecimal character, then converting 0x00 - 0xFF to 0 - 255 depending on byte character. then i calculate std dev with that and its usually 3-4.5 times higher than flash tools but it is very consistent.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  8. 491
    littlebalup

littlebalup Developer

Sincerely for the moment I did not pay attention to those calculations methods :eek:
    But very interesting question. I'll have a look.

9. 666
    No0bZiLLa

maybe they do a char count, and then tally std dev from that, but i did a for each byte character and converted that to 0-255 and then std dev'ed the complete file...

10. 87
    Badboy

Badboy Member

Thank you [MENTION=48]littlebalup[/MENTION] for your work !

je savais bien que je t'avais déja vu quelque part ;) (c'est badboy "bonne vente") ^^

11. 491
    littlebalup

littlebalup Developer

Here a PS3 Dump Checker clip art :
    [​IMG]
    Feel free to use it for future news. If you like. ;)

STLcardsWS likes this.
  12. 443
    pinkfloydviste

pinkfloydviste Moderator

Thanks. We'll use that for the next update.

13. 5,351
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Thanks i like it :) Added it to first post. Also gave you ownership of first post.
    Where you can make updates as you wish or we can add the updates and so forth either way is fine but wanted to give you that option :)

14. 491
    littlebalup

littlebalup Developer

15. 491
    littlebalup

littlebalup Developer

I had a look deeper on dumps statistics (a subject I completely skipped until now). But nothing complicated at all. It is only the proportion of each hex values in the flash image. Like HxD do.
    So, I do not understand why you need std dev stuff.

Anyway, if you really need, I assume you can ask Swizzy, Sinsizer and so on. If I can, I'll help you too.

Note : if you want to have a look on the PS3dumpchecker statistic stuff (not used in current builds but exists), you can add those lines in the .cfg file, for each type :
    Code:
        <stats>
          <statspart key="*" low="0" high="100"></statspart>
        </stats>

This will dispay "Statistics" check.

If you want to define the OK/BAD limits for specific values:
    Code:
        <stats>
          <statspart key="00" low="18,19" high="22,58"></statspart>
          <statspart key="FF" low="10,42" high="10,48"></statspart>
        </stats>

16. 666
    No0bZiLLa

[MENTION=48]littlebalup[/MENTION]
    well thats the problem. im not using any other tool, i am writing my own from scratch, mostly for the learning expirience. i have worked out most of it on my own, but i am at a snag in this standard deviation of metldr and bootldr.

the method i use is like this for std dev:

convert each char (byte) to hex char (x00 - xFF) then convert that to its decimal equivalent (0 - 255). put that into an array and then i average/mean the array , then foreach decimal number in the array i subract the average/mean and square the result and put that into another array and then average that array, which gives you the variance. then i square the variance to get the standard deviation. and like i said, i get accurate and very consistent results, but they are just different that other flash tool outcome.

anyway, i will try to get in touch with them and see if i can get any input on it. you wouldnt by chance know hwo to contact them thru messenger? with their permission ofcourse :)

edit:

here is a good chart to help explain the conversion i do for each byte
    Ascii chart - decimal and hexadecimal

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  17. 666
    No0bZiLLa

[MENTION=48]littlebalup[/MENTION]

whos tool is this? : dump statistics

it missed a very obvious corupt file in coreOS

18. 491
    littlebalup

littlebalup Developer

It is the sinsizer's tool

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
  19. 666
    No0bZiLLa

somehow it missed a very obvious completely corrupted file in coreOS -- corrupt coreOS file

output log said "no errors found"

20. 491
    littlebalup

littlebalup Developer

Updated to build 475 with a new funny option allowing to use the patch you want instead of the embedded one : Screenshot by Lightshot

Edit : if some want them, here a patch collection of all regular known patchs : Patch collection

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015