ps3mfw builder mod

Discussion in 'MFW' started by haxxxen, May 15, 2015.

1. 127
    boxbundy

boxbundy Member

yes, didn't you see the quote? Now that you have answered me properly I now understand what happens. Got it. The games don't work and it's more than an error message. It was a pretty basic question, sorry if it stressed you out.

2. 361
    haxxxen

haxxxen Developer

sorry, it was not stressing me in any way. but i am a paranoid person and i have felt trolled, because the answer was obvious to ME.

3. 548
    sandungas

sandungas Developer

Probably he didnt explained it in detail because is a historical problem, has been there from the begginings of otherOS++ :'(
    The only known way to solve it is by not using the patch "access all ss services" when buiding the .PUP

4. 361
    haxxxen

haxxxen Developer

minor update to key files and fixed spoofer update task on my github.

due to changes in version.txt since 4.6+ ofw, the spoof task didn't work anymore for new layout of version.txt/index.dat. i have fixed it now to make it work again and now you can update or set spoofers to current for mfw/cfw. it will work for normal cfw/mfw and rebug cfw, too.

edit
    i have not included those advanced vsh patches from ps3ita team or Evilnat's solutions so far, so it will not work for 4.66- mfw to get online. maybe i will make some extra task later, to patch vsh with one of Evilnat's patches, so 4.66- can get online again. though i have no experience with online and i do not know which of these patches work.

...cobra hashes are also not updated of course. this has to be done manually unluckily (i will look into making it automatically for REBUG 4.70 with mfwbuilder)

damn, there is also sth still missing on vsh patching. i have to fix it first, so do not use it until then please :(

edit2
    spoof fixed and i have found a way to read in hashes and also update/replace hashes directly in stage2 with command line. maybe i can get it done for all cobra firmwares with mfwbuilder :)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  5. 505
    littlebalup

littlebalup Developer

I just tried your spoofer task.
    Building mfw, I had an error saying "dat" is missing:
    So, I copyed the dat.exe from the original PS3MFW to the tools folder and now I have a fatal error :
    Maybe I missed something?

6. 361
    haxxxen

haxxxen Developer

[MENTION=48]littlebalup[/MENTION]
    spoof task on github fixed and works on any fw now, including rebug. i have also included now advanced psn fix patch based on ps3ita team and Evilnat's 2 patches, to enable sen on 4.66- mfw again.

the task for patching cobra hashes i have removed for now, due to rebug's same debug vsh hashes. otherwise it will break cobra functions in each mode.

furthermore i have added mysis's vsh patch, to remove health screen completely. though, i still had no time to test this patch.

edit
    if anybody wonders, i have uploaded a modified version of cobra's hashcalc app to make it work for mfw builder. this one will create a hash log instead of screen output and it will only hash section0

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  7. 505
    littlebalup

littlebalup Developer

It was not so clear for me what are "Patch 1", "Patch 2" and "Patch 3" exactly.
    So, if anybody have the same question, looking to the task, Patch 2 and 3 are corresponding to Evilnat methods 1 and 2 respectively, described here : Sen Enabler v5.8.0 - 80710A06 Spoof Fix & 4.70 CFW Support - PSX Place
    Patch 1 is ps3ita method.

Just one question, spoofing a 4.70 to 4.75, no need of those patchs? Right?

Anyway, task is working without error now :D. But I didn't tryed any pup for the moment :o

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  8. 361
    haxxxen

haxxxen Developer

i was too lazy to put in more info about those patches and i do not know exactly what they do, but you are right. patch1 is ps3ita's first patch and patch2/3 are from Evilnat. and you will only need one of those three

if you are spoofing a 4.66+ mfw, it will not apply any of these patches at all, even if option is enabled

edit [MENTION=48]littlebalup[/MENTION]
    now i have noticed again a small error. it is for cex vsh, which i do not use and i have not checked. damn it, i still have to fix it.

final edit i hope :(
    spoof fixed now and i have flashed patched mfw to try myself now and it works fine without any problems.
    i also have tried mysis' vsh patch to remove epilepsy warning screen and it also works fine (thanks to sandungas for the tip on wiki)
    even though, i think i will leave that screen on my end, cause there i can see actual target as well

github updated

9. 8
    Anon

Anon New Member

[MENTION=46]haxxxen[/MENTION] is the first post updated with the lastest progress ?
    Thanks all for all your work on it

Edit: found it on your Github, thanks

10. 361
    haxxxen

haxxxen Developer

small update
    like mentioned, i have added now cinavia task, to patch out cinavia protection based on habib and mysis

11. 361
    haxxxen

haxxxen Developer

sorry for my doublepost, but i have made a nice update to my mod version.

i have added lv2memory protection removal patch based on REBUG (thanks to [MENTION=29]Joonie[/MENTION])
    i also have now added a task to enable gameboot sound and animation back. it was removed since 3.00 ofw, but (found on ps3devwiki, but i think it was) mysis has found now the patch to re-enable it back.

here a small video i have made to get an idea of it. sorry for low quality and low sound, but you can at least hear it :)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9jqjhyst4r1eza/APDC0315.MOV?dl=0

edit
    sorry that i have not mentioned before, but keep in mind, you have to delete some unnecessary files in devflash first. i will add the option, to remove some of them automatically. for example those theme files and some pictures.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  12. 4,681
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Nice work! Changes are only (if they are) on github or there is some download link?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  13. 361
    haxxxen

haxxxen Developer

only on github, cause it is much easier to maintain

i have added link on first post, but here it is again:
    https://github.com/haxxxen/ps3mfw-builder-0.2.1-mod

edit
    forgot to say thanks for headsup :embarrassed:

sorry for the inconvenience, but i haven't noticed there was an error on search patterns for 4.53+ cfw. i also have added the function to delete 01.p3t theme file.
    all is done automatically of course, so no user input is needed

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  14. 505
    littlebalup

littlebalup Developer

[MENTION=46]haxxxen[/MENTION], I have troubles with your new epilepsy patch task. It fails trying to patch FERROX 4.75 : Screenshot by Lightshot

Log:
    ******** Running task 16_patch_epilepsy **********
    Modifying dev_flash file: vsh.self
    Modifying self/sprx file: vsh.self
    Importing SELF-HDR info from file: vsh.self
    SELF-SCE HEADERS IMPORTED SUCCESSFULLY!
    scetool 0.4.0 <public build> (C) 2011-2013 by naehrwert
    NP local license handling (C) 2012 by flatz

*** Zlib Compression Level:-1 ***

[*] ELF written to D:\Emu\PS3\DEV\ps3mfw-mod\TEMP\PS3MFW-MFW\update_files\dev_flash\dev_flash\vsh\module\vsh.self.elf.
    Patching vsh.self.elf to disable epilepsy message on CEX CFW (credits to mysis and Ezio)

PATCHTOOL 1.0.1.0 (C) 2014 by anonymous

----PATCHED AT:006E8370

<><> SUCCESS, patchtool execution complete!! <><>

patched at:0x006E8370
    Patching vsh.self.elf to disable coldboot view sleep on CEX CFW (credits to mysis and Ezio)
    FATAL ERROR: patchtool.exe failed to execute!
    :

failed to find match(s) in file:D:\Emu\PS3\DEV\ps3mfw-mod\TEMP\PS3MFW-MFW\update_files\dev_flash\dev_flash\vsh\module\vsh.self.elf, exiting!
    child process exited abnormally
    FATAL ERROR: Unable to patch self vsh.self.elf : patchtool.exe failed to execute! :

failed to find match(s) in file:D:\Emu\PS3\DEV\ps3mfw-mod\TEMP\PS3MFW-MFW\update_files\dev_flash\dev_flash\vsh\module\vsh.self.elf, exiting!
    Error running script: Unable to patch self vsh.self.elf : patchtool.exe failed to execute! :

Seems something wrong with this:
    Code:
                log "Patching [file tail $elf] to disable coldboot view sleep on CEX CFW (credits to mysis and Ezio)"
    			set search  "\x88\x1D\x00\x06\x3C\x60\x00\x66"
    			set replace "\x38\x00\x00\x01\x3C\x60\x00\x66"
    I have no issue with the older task as it doesn't include this "coldboot view sleep" patch.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  15. 361
    haxxxen

haxxxen Developer

thanks for letting me know and also using it, lol

guess i have missed to crosscheck this patch on every ofw, but i will catch up on it. there are also some other things i have to fix, even things from others, but for that i am not in mood atm.
    though, i will fix all my personal ones of course

edit
    [MENTION=48]littlebalup[/MENTION]
    in mean time, when you need it fast, just replace the coldboot view sleep things with following:

Code:
                log "Patching [file tail $elf] to disable coldboot view sleep on CEX CFW (credits to mysis&co)"
    			set search  "\x88\x1D\x00\x07\x2F\x80\x00\x00\x40\x9E"
    			set replace "\x38\x00\x00\x01"
    			set offset 52
    			set mask 0			
    				# PATCH THE ELF BINARY
    					catch_die {::patch_elf $elf $search $offset $replace $mask} "Unable to patch self [file tail $elf]"
    Code:
                log "Patching [file tail $elf] to disable coldboot view sleep on REBUG/DEX CFW (credits to mysis&co)"
    			set search  "\x88\x1D\x00\x07\x2F\x80\x00\x00\x40\x9E"
    			set replace "\x38\x00\x00\x01"
    			set offset 52
    			set mask 0			
    				# PATCH THE ELF BINARY
    					catch_die {::patch_elf $elf $search $offset $replace $mask} "Unable to patch self [file tail $elf]"

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  16. 548
    sandungas

sandungas Developer

For the record, thats correct, the patch was found by mysis
    And the 2 original audio files that needs to be added to the firmware are:
    gameboot_stereo.ac3 (243.200 bytes and MD5: E311AD59E14A751C6907E300E11841F7)
    gameboot_multi.ac3 (243.200 bytes and MD5: 9C845DB9802B4F5A8953C23833D18F37)
    Of course can be replaced by others but i guess there will be some people interested in restoring back the originall gameboot animation completlly (you could add his MD5 inside the task as a comment)

Thanks for all your mfw work btw, didnt said before but everybody should love mfw, is legacy knowledge that pushes the PS3 scene further ;)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  17. 361
    haxxxen

haxxxen Developer

thanks for your advice, but i already have included original gameboot ac3 files from a 2.xx ofw, so i don't think it is needed to add the md5 sum here. it will automatically delete theme file from flash and add those two files into correct flash package (each next to matching coldboot file).

though, to make the animations properly work, you have to modify rco main xml yourself (custom_render) and change values there. the one i am using has quite a fancy looking animation, and it will go straight into screen, and then it will even return a little bit. in the video it is not visible and i haven't catched it.

edit
    i was always into this mfwbuilder stuff and loved it from the beginning. to me it is for example, like modifying windows with nlite

now that i have mentioned the deletion of theme file, i have to add a check for this file, otherwise the task won't work for rebug cfw.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  18. 361
    haxxxen

haxxxen Developer

doublepost for updated tasks :)

i have now added fself patch task working for every cfw. i also have added 3.41 and 3.55 old appldr fself patch into it, whereas i have fixed 3.41, cause the one listed on ps3devwiki is bad and points to completely wrong place. please remove it from there !!!

i also have fixed gameboot and patch epilepsy tasks
    https://github.com/haxxxen/ps3mfw-builder-0.2.1-mod/tree/master/tasks/personalized

19. 548
    sandungas

sandungas Developer

Initially i thought the same than you... that it was needed to modify custom_render_plugin.rco to restore back the original animation completlly, because i know sony changed the code inside the .rco several times
    There is a sample of it here btw for easy overview of his contents (specially the animation effects under the tag named <Animation name="anim_gameboot"> ---> Custom render plugin - PS3 Developer wiki

For some reason i thought the original animation had fireworks, spark effects and other stuff... i even think i saw videos about it
    But it seems the original animation from firmware 1.00 was much more simple... and this is the one we have by only patching the .sprx
    In other words... it seems the .rco edition is not needed... see this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_x9xu6lBhM
    I dont know wich page you mean exactly, what needs to be removed and how to fix it... and i dont think i can do in a safelly way, im not used to patches and cant test myself

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  20. 5,264
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

here r the gameboot audio files for anyone else interested:

Code:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/s1obg8114ncoobu/gameboot_audio.rar
    they were taken from ofw 2.76. I had decrypted the pup quite a while ago while studying the gameboot audio. there's also a coldboot2 audio which r 782 kilobytes which eventually became the normal coldboot's afterwards. coldboot 1's r 705 kilobytes. I believe the reason both coldboot 1 and the gameboot were removed was due to space. the following update was when the 16MB nor consoles were released. that's just a guess really.