ps3mfw builder mod

Discussion in 'MFW' started by haxxxen, May 15, 2015.

1. 368
    haxxxen

haxxxen Developer

nevermind [MENTION=872]sandungas[/MENTION] and sorry for confusion. i just have checked that page and it has not listed it for 3.41 at all. i think euss has added himself in his tasks
    that page i have ment
    Talk:Patches - PS3 Developer wiki

2. 5,217
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    [MENTION=46]haxxxen[/MENTION] did 13_spoofer_update.tcl is full 4.75 spoof like in sen enabler and other spoofers? This don't affect cobra, or psn access in any way?

Sorry for simple questions but all that tasks are no noob friendly described sometime. I'm still learning but, i need to be careful as i have nand ps3 and no flasher.

3. 368
    haxxxen

haxxxen Developer

this spoofer i have made is based on original rebug made by cyberskunk, so i do not refer to anything else. only thing i have additionally added was that fix from evilnat and rancid-o, for 4.66- cfw, to get online again (but not of any interest on any 4.66+ cfw)

and yes, it can patch files no matter if spoof is already set or not. but on cobra cfw it will break vsh hashes when patching, so it will also break ps2 and psp playback with isos. i wanted to add a task to patch new hashes yourself, but problem with latest rebug's, the vsh hashes are same on normal and spoofed vsh, so it will break it on each mode regardless.

i will add it as soon as new rebug cfw is made and it has different hashes for both vsh.

and now that you have mentioned it, i have said from start this is more for advanced users, but i will add a task description to it, since i am also telling others to try it.

4. 1,861
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

Why not just add spoofs on both vsh.self/vsh.self.swp, I don't think I will make two different vsh hashes for the same vsh, i don't like the idea of signing one with scetool and another with self rebuilder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. 368
    haxxxen

haxxxen Developer

i see. so then there will be no other choice, but to break it on normal mode and only patch spoofed vsh hash. doing it on both will defeat whole purpose of spoofed rebug mode and also it probably does not work when only patching vsh. i think this will lead to rsod softbrick, but i am not sure (never tried this before)

i will try to finish the task to patch the hashes from all available and known cobra cfws and add it to the git

6. 1,861
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

In order to prevent rsod , index.dat / version.txt also have to be replaced.. Speaking of defeating the purpose of rebug mode, rebug mode's purpose is already broken by using the same vsh for swaps unless it has its spoof purpose, secondly Rebug mode allows swapping vsh files because that's how it is coded in toolbox at the first place which is not really required. And lastly, the usage of mfwbuilder on released cfw is already defeating the purpose of originality, if people want to keep the originality, at least I think they should know how to patch vsh manually, or just let the mfwbuilder do the work if they don't know what they are doing. I have no plan to break the original rebug tradition by supporting your unfinished task that makes an issue at the moment [ no offense ]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  7. 5,217
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Hmm, then epilepsy patch also break ps2/psp? as hash will be different.

Edit: If applied after building of stage2

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  8. 368
    haxxxen

haxxxen Developer

mfwbuilder is made for customizing a firmware no matter it is a plain selfmade mfw or a already built cfw. problem here is, that cobra protects its files and nothing more.
    i only want to give choices to apply things, but now that everything has gone cobra, it isn't that easy anymore and most things are done on protected modules unluckily.

now that i am rebug fan, i will always support these cfw with my tasks, but that isn't easy with cobra. on any other cfw with single vsh it is no problem to patch hashes without rebuilding whole stage2 file, which will also destroy originality. only because you are copy and paste something manually with a hexeditor will not give you original state back, just saying. and i do not like the fact, only because a simple patch you have to recreate other things.

problem on my side is, i only refer to rebug 4.21 and no other, cause there were different hashes and it was done something different on spoofed vsh, but was removed on laters.

tbh, i should quit suggesting to use mfwbuilder or the mod, cause in the end i will leave this whole stuff sooner or later, now that i have found my final goal (thanks to you), which was running fself.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  9. 1,861
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

No need to thank me, I only shared the work that was delivered to me, they are all CMX's and, without you there would haven't been today's REBUG. This whole scene pulled us forward and we made here so far, I understand the culprit coming from this cobra payload being so selfish that makes it extra harder to mess with, but I believe there's gotta be a way to fix the issue. I shall investigate it whenever I get a chance. Thanks for supporting REBUG and being a fan of it.

10. 368
    haxxxen

haxxxen Developer

just a small update, but for now probably the last...

i have added appldr patch for unsigned apps on 4.21 and also a small description of tasks.

oh, and i also have updated my cobra 4.21 rex ports with standard cobra and ps3mapi cobra. it will fully work on windows when psl1ight is installed and configured.

edit
    stupid github does not like bin folders or vsh.self.swp. i had to rename them and reupload...tzzz

ok, i have finished now the task to repair cobra hashes on rebug cobra. i will try to add other cobra fws later, but for now only rebug :)
    task will be added soon and i will make new (double)post

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  11. 368
    haxxxen

haxxxen Developer

now i am feeling a bit dumb, cause i have thought it was my last update post in here, but this one really is worth it and will help many others, when modifying a rebug cobra cfw.

i have now added the task to repair cobra hashes automatically on basic_plugins.sprx, game_ext_plugin.sprx, vsh.self, vsh.self.cexsp and vsh.self.swp. it will only work on original rebug cobra and it will patch new modified hashes directly into original rebug stage2 files.

it is the very last task and it will always stay there and run at very last instance, so you can even select any patch task additionally.

i will try to add other cobra cfws as well, but for now it will only work for any rebug cobra (4.21-4.75)

edit
    removed attachment, sorry

hmm, maybe it wasn't a good idea to post about it. i have forgotten that when patching unspoofed debug vsh it will give different hash then spoofed vsh. i was too excited about this i think :(

i have to remake this one and maybe even spoof normal mode to get same file, just like [MENTION=29]Joonie[/MENTION] has recommended

update
    i have updated the repair hashes task and changed it a bit. now it will always use the latest updated hashes as original base hash to search for, so you can modify further the pups.

though, there is still the problem with the official rebug cobras (not my ported 4.21), where sometimes the hashes will differ on normal and spoofed vsh. it is very rare, but still it can happen and so far i am not patching unspoofed vsh with spoofer update task.

before making too many doubleposts, here is another update now to my cobra 4.21 rebug git. i have updated the windows gcc toolchain and included every missing header, so now cobra fully compiles on windows fine, even ps2netemu :)

new update to mfwbuilder mod:
    i have added now a patch dualboot task, to create a minimal dualboot cfw from ofw (based on habib and Alexander)
    furthermore, i have added now hashes for darknet cobra 4.70 v5 and habib cobra v4, to work with repair hashes task. of course also new rebug 4.75 v2 hashes added

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  12. 1,861
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

a bug report on appldr patches.

Code:
    	proc SIG_elf_Patches {elf} {
    		if {$::02_patch_cos::options(--patch-lv0-ldrs-sig-check)} {
    			log "Patching APPLDR SIG CHECK (credits to habib)......"			
    			if {${::NEWMFW_VER} >= "3.55"} {
    				set search  "\x40\xFF\xFF\x82\x34\x00\xC0\x80"
    				set replace [B][SIZE=4]"\x40\x80\x00\x03"[/SIZE][/B]
    				[B][SIZE=5]set offset 12[/SIZE][/B]
    				set mask 0			
    				# PATCH THE ELF BINARY\x40\xFF\xFF\x82\x34\x00\xC0\x80
    				catch_die {::patch_elf $elf $search $offset $replace $mask} "Unable to patch self [file tail $elf]"
    			}
    		}
    		log "DONE APPLDR PATCHES" 1
    	}

I think the correct value is "\x40\x80\x00\x02", could you check this?
    Because this is what I have used for 4.75/4.76.

I found out by testing your task to build 4.25 cfw [for ftp speed research] and I ended up getting brick with "\x40\x80\x00\x03"

Thanks in advance :)

Edit

[MENTION=46]haxxxen[/MENTION]

I think I found the problem..

set offset 12 was the problem......... =_=.. but still I've been using 40800002 though..

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  13. 368
    haxxxen

haxxxen Developer

i have noticed now, that coldboot view sleep patch by mysis is a bad one and can softbrick ps3 in recovery. it does no else harm, but as soon as you want to enter recovery and just reboot system, it gives blackscreen. only cure is, to rebuild default settings.

and also i have tested now the fself patch with applied vsh pl3 patch for unsigned apps, and both can harmonize fine. if you apply all fself patches, you can run npdrm fself on cex and also on dex. so i would say this is a must have patch for dex hybrid instead of making a cobra patch to disable it.

14. 5,217
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    coldboot view sleep is giving anything on disabled coldboot? Never tested this patch, remember that [MENTION=872]sandungas[/MENTION] wrote somewhere that patch is result of tests on some irc group. But i never was brave enough to test this. Specially when disabling coldboot was discovered.

15. 368
    haxxxen

haxxxen Developer

i don't really know if it is the right patch i have applied, nor i know which fw this was based on, but from asm looks of it, it should be the same. probably this was not tested with entering and leaving recovery nor with some debug options.

about wiki, this is something that really annoys me, cause there is so much info, that never was tested or verified and only because of some chat this shouldn't be put into public.

16. 785
    sandungas

sandungas Developer

It happened along a week or couple of weeks, there was some people that wanted to improve firmware performance in general and was ready to make some betatesting, so mysis and me prepared some tests files. About coldboot i missed the end of the story, at the first days i was making some dummy coldboots with different time lenghts and rebuilding some code inside .rco's but as far i remember was not successfull, at the same time mysis was suggesting several .sprx patches and betatesters was combining all them... but i was not connected to irc when they made it work, so i cant tell sorry
    Personally i never was much interested in bypassing coldboot... i was helping because i wanted it to work, so when it was found i stopped my interest in it, i dont even know if some of what i did related with it was usefull

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  17. 5,570
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

Do you think your fself running on CEX recent successes after patches could be applied to geting functions like rumble running without DEX on plugins like PSXPAD which so far require DEX? [MENTION=118]kozarovv[/MENTION] mentioned that possibility in another thread & I am intrigued?

Sent with Tapatalk

18. 5
    Idonotknow

Idonotknow New Member

Hello,
    I'm trying to patch a CFW (REBUG 4.46.1 REX) with OtherOS, but I have errors on "patchtool.exe". Please, can anyone help me?

Command line to use to repeat this process :
    C:\ps3mfw\ps3mfw.exe "C:/ps3mfw/cfw/REBUG 4.46.1 REX EDITION.PUP" "C:/ps3mfw/mfw/REBUG 4.46.1 REX EDITION MOD.PUP" --dev3 "false" --debug-log "true" --task-verbose "true" --tool-debug "true" --silent "false" --auto-cos "false" --sign-self "false" --sign-iso "false" --03-patch-oos --patch-lv1-um-qa "false" --patch-lv1-gameos-sysmgr-ability "false" --fwtype "4.xx" --patch-gameos-hdd-region-size "10GB" --patch-lv1-um-write-eprom-product-mode "false" --patch-lv1-lv2mem "false" --patch-lv1-mmap "false" --patch-lv1-encdec-ioctl-0x85 "false" --patch-lv1-gpu-4kb-iopage "false" --patch-lv1-sysmgr-disable-integrity-check "false" --patch-lv1-dispmgr-access "false" --patch-lv1-ata-region0-access "false" --patch-lv1-sm-del-encdec-key "false" --patch-lv1-iimgr-access "false" --patch-lv1-um-extract-pkg "false" --patch-lv1-peek-poke "false" --patch-lv1-storage-skip-acl-check "false" --patch-lv1-mfc-sr1-mask "false" --patch-lv1-otheros-plus-plus-cold-boot-fix "true" --patch-pup-search-in-game-disc "false" --patch-lv1-gameos-gos-mode-one "false" --patch-lv1-repo-node-lpar "false" --patch-lv1-otheros-plus-plus "false" --patch-lv1-htab-write "false" --patch-lv1-enable-dbgcard-calls "false" --patch-lv1-dabr-priv-mask "false" --14-patch-epilepsy --patch-epilepsy-message "REBUG" --patch-select "disable" --gui false

PS3MFW Creator v0.2.1
    Copyright (C) 2011 Project PS3MFW
    This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY;
    This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
    under certain conditions; see COPYING for details.

Developed By :
    Anonymous Developers

Selected tasks : 03_patch_oos 14_patch_epilepsy
    HOME=C:\Users\Maximus
    USERPROFILE=C:\Users\Maximus
    PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\PC Connectivity Solution\;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Tcl\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\PC Connectivity Solution\;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\ps3mfw\tools
    Deleting output files
    Executing command file delete -force -- ${::CUSTOM_PUP_DIR} ${::ORIGINAL_PUP_DIR} ${::HASH_DIR} ${::OUT_FILE}
    Unpacking source PUP REBUG 4.46.1 REX EDITION.PUP
    Executing command pup_extract ${pup} ${dest}
    Executing shell pkgtool.exe -debug yes -action unpack -type pup -in {C:\ps3mfw\cfw\REBUG 4.46.1 REX EDITION.PUP} -out {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW}

checking pup version
    Getting PUP version from: version.txt
    Getting pup version OK! var = 4.46 (subversion:.1 REBUG RE)
    Extracting tar file: update_files.tar into: update_files
    Executing command ::tar::untar $tar -dir $dest
    Searching for new SPKG tar.....
    "spkg_hdr.tar" found in working dir. Using "NEW PKG" routine
    Extracting tar file: spkg_hdr.tar into: spkg_hdr
    Executing command ::tar::untar $tar -dir $dest
    Unpacking all dev_flash files.....
    unpkg-ing file: dev_flash_000.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817
    Executing command unpkg $pkg $dest
    Executing shell pkgtool.exe -debug yes -action decrypt -type pkg -in {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash_000.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817} -out {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash\dev_flash_000.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817}

unpkg-ing file: dev_flash_001.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817
    Executing shell pkgtool.exe -debug yes -action decrypt -type pkg -in {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash_001.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817} -out {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash\dev_flash_001.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817}

unpkg-ing file: dev_flash_002.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817
    Executing shell pkgtool.exe -debug yes -action decrypt -type pkg -in {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash_002.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817} -out {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash\dev_flash_002.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817}

unpkg-ing file: dev_flash_003.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817
    Executing shell pkgtool.exe -debug yes -action decrypt -type pkg -in {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash_003.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817} -out {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash\dev_flash_003.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817}

unpkg-ing file: dev_flash_004.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817
    Executing shell pkgtool.exe -debug yes -action decrypt -type pkg -in {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash_004.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817} -out {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash\dev_flash_004.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817}

unpkg-ing file: dev_flash_005.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817
    Executing shell pkgtool.exe -debug yes -action decrypt -type pkg -in {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash_005.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817} -out {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash\dev_flash_005.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817}

unpkg-ing file: dev_flash_006.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817
    Executing shell pkgtool.exe -debug yes -action decrypt -type pkg -in {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash_006.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817} -out {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash\dev_flash_006.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817}

unpkg-ing file: dev_flash_007.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817
    Executing shell pkgtool.exe -debug yes -action decrypt -type pkg -in {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash_007.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817} -out {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash\dev_flash_007.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817}

unpkg-ing file: dev_flash_008.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817
    Executing shell pkgtool.exe -debug yes -action decrypt -type pkg -in {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash_008.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817} -out {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash\dev_flash_008.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817}

unpkg-ing file: dev_flash_009.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817
    Executing shell pkgtool.exe -debug yes -action decrypt -type pkg -in {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash_009.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817} -out {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash\dev_flash_009.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817}

unpkg-ing file: dev_flash_010.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817
    Executing shell pkgtool.exe -debug yes -action decrypt -type pkg -in {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash_010.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817} -out {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash\dev_flash_010.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817}

unpkg-ing file: dev_flash_011.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817
    Executing shell pkgtool.exe -debug yes -action decrypt -type pkg -in {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash_011.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817} -out {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash\dev_flash_011.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817}

unpkg-ing file: dev_flash_012.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817
    Executing shell pkgtool.exe -debug yes -action decrypt -type pkg -in {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash_012.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817} -out {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash\dev_flash_012.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817}

unpkg-ing file: dev_flash_013.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817
    Executing shell pkgtool.exe -debug yes -action decrypt -type pkg -in {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash_013.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817} -out {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash\dev_flash_013.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817}

unpkg-ing file: dev_flash_014.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817
    Executing shell pkgtool.exe -debug yes -action decrypt -type pkg -in {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash_014.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817} -out {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash\dev_flash_014.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817}

unpkg-ing file: dev_flash_015.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817
    Executing shell pkgtool.exe -debug yes -action decrypt -type pkg -in {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash_015.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817} -out {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash\dev_flash_015.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817}

unpkg-ing file: dev_flash_016.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817
    Executing shell pkgtool.exe -debug yes -action decrypt -type pkg -in {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash_016.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817} -out {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash\dev_flash_016.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817}

unpkg-ing file: dev_flash_017.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817
    Executing shell pkgtool.exe -debug yes -action decrypt -type pkg -in {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash_017.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817} -out {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash\dev_flash_017.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817}

unpkg-ing file: dev_flash_018.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817
    Executing shell pkgtool.exe -debug yes -action decrypt -type pkg -in {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash_018.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817} -out {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash\dev_flash_018.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817}

unpkg-ing file: dev_flash_019.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817
    Executing shell pkgtool.exe -debug yes -action decrypt -type pkg -in {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash_019.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817} -out {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash\dev_flash_019.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817}

unpkg-ing file: dev_flash_020.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817
    Executing shell pkgtool.exe -debug yes -action decrypt -type pkg -in {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash_020.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817} -out {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash\dev_flash_020.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817}

unpkg-ing file: dev_flash_021.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817
    Executing shell pkgtool.exe -debug yes -action decrypt -type pkg -in {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash_021.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817} -out {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash\dev_flash_021.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817}

unpkg-ing file: dev_flash_022.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817
    Executing shell pkgtool.exe -debug yes -action decrypt -type pkg -in {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash_022.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817} -out {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash\dev_flash_022.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817}

unpkg-ing file: dev_flash_023.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817
    Executing shell pkgtool.exe -debug yes -action decrypt -type pkg -in {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash_023.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817} -out {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash\dev_flash_023.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817}

unpkg-ing file: dev_flash_024.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817
    Executing shell pkgtool.exe -debug yes -action decrypt -type pkg -in {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash_024.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817} -out {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-OFW\update_files\dev_flash\dev_flash_024.tar.aa.2013_06_20_055817}

Please WAIT.....copying unpacked OFW to MFW dirs.....
    Executing command file copy {*}$args
    ******** Running task 03_patch_oos **********
    Modifying CORE_OS file: emer_init.self
    Unpacking CORE_OS files.....
    unpkg-ing file: CORE_OS_PACKAGE.pkg
    Executing shell pkgtool.exe -debug yes -action decrypt -type pkg -in {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-MFW\update_files\CORE_OS_PACKAGE.pkg} -out {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-MFW\update_files\CORE_OS_PACKAGE.unpkg}

cosunpkg-ing file: content
    Executing command cosunpkg $pkg $dest
    Executing shell cosunpkg {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-MFW\update_files\CORE_OS_PACKAGE.unpkg\content} {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-MFW\update_files\CORE_OS_PACKAGE}

CORE_OS unpacked
    Modifying self/sprx emer_init.self
    Importing SELF-HDR info from file: emer_init.self
    Executing command set buffer [shellex ${::SCETOOL} -w $in]
    Executing shellex scetool -w ../ps3mfw/tmp/PS3MFW-MFW/update_files/CORE_OS_PACKAGE/emer_init.self

SELF-SCE HEADERS IMPORTED SUCCESSFULLY!
    -->--APPVERSION:04.46
    -->--AUTHID:10700003FC000001
    -->--CAPABFLAGS:40000000000000000000000000000000000000000000007B0000000500196000
    -->--COMPRESS:TRUE
    -->--CTRLFLAGS:4000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
    -->--FWVERSION:0000000000000000
    -->--INDIVSEED:NONE
    -->--KEYREV:1C
    -->--SELFTYPE:APP
    -->--VENDORID:0000000001000002
    Decrypting self file: emer_init.self
    Executing command unself $in $out
    Executing shell scetool -d {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-MFW\update_files\CORE_OS_PACKAGE\emer_init.self} {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-MFW\update_files\CORE_OS_PACKAGE\emer_init.self.elf}

Patching emer_init.self.elf to create GameOS HDD region of size 10GB smaller than default
    Executing command ::patch_elf $elf $search $offset $replace $mask
    Executing command set buffer [shellex ${::PATCHTOOL} -debug $debugmode -action $patchaction -filename [file nativename $file] -search $mysearch -replace $myreplace -offset $replace_offset -mask $mymask -multi $multimode]
    Executing shellex patchtool.exe -debug yes -action patch -filename {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-MFW\update_files\CORE_OS_PACKAGE\emer_init.self.elf} -search 7D263850EB7800003BA000003B49FFF838000000 -replace 3F49FEC0 -offset 12 -mask {} -multi no

FATAL ERROR: patchtool.exe failed to execute! : couldn't execute "patchtool.exe": invalid argument
    See ../ps3mfw/tmp/ps3mfw.log for more info
    Last lines of log :

*** Zlib Compression Level:-1 ***

[*] ELF written to ..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-MFW\update_files\CORE_OS_PACKAGE\emer_init.self.elf.
    Patching emer_init.self.elf to create GameOS HDD region of size 10GB smaller than default
    Executing command set buffer [shellex ${::PATCHTOOL} -debug $debugmode -action $patchaction -filename [file nativename $file] -search $mysearch -replace $myreplace -offset $replace_offset -mask $mymask -multi $multimode]
    Executing shellex patchtool.exe -debug yes -action patch -filename {..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-MFW\update_files\CORE_OS_PACKAGE\emer_init.self.elf} -search 7D263850EB7800003BA000003B49FFF838000000 -replace 3F49FEC0 -offset 12 -mask {} -multi no

FATAL ERROR: patchtool.exe failed to execute! : couldn't execute "patchtool.exe": invalid argument

FATAL ERROR: Unable to patch self emer_init.self.elf : patchtool.exe failed to execute! : couldn't execute "patchtool.exe": invalid argument
    See ../ps3mfw/tmp/ps3mfw.log for more info
    Last lines of log :
    *** Zlib Compression Level:-1 ***

[*] ELF written to ..\ps3mfw\tmp\PS3MFW-MFW\update_files\CORE_OS_PACKAGE\emer_init.self.elf.

FATAL ERROR: Unable to patch self emer_init.self.elf : patchtool.exe failed to execute! : couldn't execute "patchtool.exe": invalid argument

Error running script: Unable to patch self emer_init.self.elf : patchtool.exe failed to execute! : couldn't execute "patchtool.exe": invalid argument
    Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  19. 368
    haxxxen

haxxxen Developer

after long time small update...

@Joonie
    i think i can fix permission stuff on mfwbuilder itself and can rebuild tarballs like original (except fileorder) :)
    problem is, dex has different headers than cex (owner name tetsu and group name tetsu), but this i will also get sorted (i hope so)

littlebalup and Joonie like this.
  20. 1,861
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

That's great news!, however I wouldn't worry about owner name, cex one worked fine on DECR/DEX as well, but it'd be neat to have tetsu for originality!