UPDATE: RELEASED See the News Coverage >>>>> HERE <<<<<
What a journey it has been in hacking the PlayStation 3 despite all the progress the community has made over the years, there has been those NoN-CFW Compatible PS3's (SuperSlim and some later Slim Models) unable to join the party on system hacks/homebrew to make most of their PS3 Hardware While CFW is not a likely option to ever happen on those models, the hole in 4.81/2 provided by PS3Xploit has brought some hope to hacks on those models as it provides a window for hackers/developers to explore. As the PS3Xploit team continues their exploration on the PS3 they have stumbled on some good news and also some bad news. The bad news is that the team still has not solved the Homebrew hurdle for those models and is proving to be a tall task that may not be achieved, but let me follow that up with some really exciting news, as the team has made yet another great discovery and this time around it's for SuperSlims (& late Slims) while no native Homebrew Support has been achieved as mentioned, there is some other interesting hacks that make those models more desirable with some great new features!!!!
This exploit is only relying on userland exploitation, while not a kernel exploit there are some clever features coming to the table as the PS1 / PS2 / PSP Emulators (within the ps3 firmware) have been unlocked for digital backups and also the ability of backing up your PS3 Games and turning them into digital media playable straight from the XMB, User's familiar with the Injections methods in 4.70 OFW will be a step ahead with those same preparations (using TABR) and the quirks like requiring a "game update" in order to backup your game are required. Cinavia protection removed for HDD Content is also a feature that should be appearing in this release as well, we should be seeing this released sometime in March, but there is no concrete date as of yet. Additional details will be emerging as we get closer to the release and additional detailslike a short interview with one of the devs of the team can be seen below that provides some additional bits of information about this hack.
What will this future exploit provide?
What you need to know about the legacy PlayStation emulators?
- "Install PKG Files" unlocked on XMB (Retail / Debug PKGs,) *No PS3 Homebrew Support
- PS1 Emulator Support
- PS2 Emulator Support
- PSP Emulator Support
- PS3 Backup Support (Convert your PS3 Game to Digital PKG - npdrm* (requires game update for disc game backups to work))
- New Resigning Tools
- PS1 emulation is very good on the PS3, most games will play fine
- Ps2 emulation is hit and miss on the PS3 (slightly more then half PS2 titles will work fine)
- PsP emulation is roughly about a 40% success rate for the PS3
- PS3 Backups - Require a Game Update
- Coming Soon -- Team Ps3Xploit will soon give additional details about the release date, but its looking tentatively like a March release.. Still a few things that need to be polished and finalize,
Here was a short interview with one of the devs of PS3Xploit Team ( @bguerville )
What type of exploit is this project based on?
- The project is relying on userland exploitation only.
What's the word on Homebrew (HEN) for NoN-CFW Compatible Models?
- Given the results of our research so far, we do not think that we can solve the PS3 homebrew hurdle from userland (unless we find some unexpected vulnerability, chances of that are ultra slim though!). It's clear that s#ny"s implementation makes running homebrew difficult without defeating lv2 whereas they have been careless with various other aspects such as npdrm handling....
Do you see any more possibilities in Userland exploitation?
- There is actually so much more that could be done from userland in my opinion. More potential features could be potentially added...
Future Plans on this exploit?
- I don't think we will be the ones developing the technique further & adding features. It will be up to the community devs to do it... This project will actually be provided as a base for the community, it gives users some basic features that have been denied to them on non-cfw compatibles thus far but more importantly imho it provides devs with methods they can replicate to offer new features for those consoles. We are hoping devs will update their existing tools to support ofw & maybe improve the project we are to release soon.
- We will not be offering technical support on this project (except for interested Devs). We hope the community will take care of it.
Will user's be able to create their own Custom packages if tools are supported?
- Yes, users should be able to make emu pkgs. Some Ps2 homebrew will also be supported that way. Ps1 & ps2 are currently fully supported. PSP support still need a little work but we believe this will be supported as well once the release is ready.
UPDATE: @habib has shared the source code & new details about his Resigning Tool:
Visit this link >>>> http://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps3xploit-resigner.16554/
UPDATE NEW VIDEO - SNES RUNNING VIA PS2 Emulation:
Stay tuned to psx-place.com as details mature on this exploit and its pending release!!
PS3 Ps3Xploit 3.0 (Preview)- New Features for SuperSlim & all non-cfw comp. Ps3 Models
By STLcardsWS on Mar 3, 2018 at 11:24 AM
New Vita Jailbreak coming in July 2018 (3.65-3.68 HENkaku / 3.65 Enso) from TheFlowAs the PS Vita Community knows hacker/developer TheFlow had discovered a new vulnerability for jailbreaking the PS Vita / PlayStation TV (Vita TV). The developer had planned for a much later releases since the Vita seems to be nearing the end of its life cycle and since official support could cease down the road. The idea being it was better to hold on to this exploit saving it until Sony officially pulled the plug on the device(s). However, since that time another exploit was found and thus this exploit (the first one) has moved up the release date to a new date of >> July 1 2018.
With firmware's 3.65-.3.68 there will be a new window to install the HENkaku hack which is a HEN (Homebrew Enabler), But if your on 3.65 firmware you can even take it a step farther by having the ability to install Enso (the CFW framework), With this soon to be released method TheFlow is saying you will need a Memory Card(see update), as no other storage medium including the system's internal storage will not work.Continue reading
PKGLAUNCHER (webMAN MOD Addon) now supporting additional RetroArch-libretro cores with new update
Developer @aldostools has supplied an update to one of the add-on's for webMAN MOD plugin for PS3 (CFW) user's. The PKGLAUNCHER feature which debuted on the project in wMM v1.45.04 allows for launching of RetroArch Roms from the XMB via the pkglauncher tool. With RetroArch making changes to cores names and new cores being supported on the PS3, developer Aldostools decided an update was needed and thus this new build has been rolled out for webMAN MOD user's. This is currently labeled as a test build so if you experience any issues be sure to drop a line in the comments below.Continue reading
reactPSPLUS Payload - ReActivate PS Plus Games on PS4 5.05 (Release by Zer0xFF)So you have your PS Plus Subscription and well you can't use the games the service offer's because your on firmware 5.05 (exploited PS4 firmware)?. Well, there is now great news there as a solution arises thanks to Zer0xFF as the developer discovered a way to "reset" the timer on the content by tricking the clock by using the new reactPSPLUS payload. The PS Plus subscription requires you to check into PSN from time to time and with an exploited system that is currently not possible. So, this becomes a great solution to regain the goodies from your subscription to PS Plus. Sony states that long as you have an active PS Plus Subscription you will not lose access to your game collection, which as we know is not 100% factual. What they fail to mention is that if you do not update your console to latest firmware and agree to the ever changing Terms of Service's you also lose access to the content EVEN if you are paying for the service. So, hacks like this give power back to the honest user's, Who just enjoy homebrew and system hacks on the hardware they purchased and as well as the content they purchased through various services.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
Colecovision Emulator OPL ready ISO (version 2.0) -UniqueUserName