UPDATE: RELEASED See the News Coverage >>>>> HERE <<<<<
What a journey it has been in hacking the PlayStation 3 despite all the progress the community has made over the years, there has been those NoN-CFW Compatible PS3's (SuperSlim and some later Slim Models) unable to join the party on system hacks/homebrew to make most of their PS3 Hardware While CFW is not a likely option to ever happen on those models, the hole in 4.81/2 provided by PS3Xploit has brought some hope to hacks on those models as it provides a window for hackers/developers to explore. As the PS3Xploit team continues their exploration on the PS3 they have stumbled on some good news and also some bad news. The bad news is that the team still has not solved the Homebrew hurdle for those models and is proving to be a tall task that may not be achieved, but let me follow that up with some really exciting news, as the team has made yet another great discovery and this time around it's for SuperSlims (& late Slims) while no native Homebrew Support has been achieved as mentioned, there is some other interesting hacks that make those models more desirable with some great new features!!!!
This exploit is only relying on userland exploitation, while not a kernel exploit there are some clever features coming to the table as the PS1 / PS2 / PSP Emulators (within the ps3 firmware) have been unlocked for digital backups and also the ability of backing up your PS3 Games and turning them into digital media playable straight from the XMB, User's familiar with the Injections methods in 4.70 OFW will be a step ahead with those same preparations (using TABR) and the quirks like requiring a "game update" in order to backup your game are required. Cinavia protection removed for HDD Content is also a feature that should be appearing in this release as well, we should be seeing this released sometime in March, but there is no concrete date as of yet. Additional details will be emerging as we get closer to the release and additional detailslike a short interview with one of the devs of the team can be seen below that provides some additional bits of information about this hack.
What will this future exploit provide?
What you need to know about the legacy PlayStation emulators?
- "Install PKG Files" unlocked on XMB (Retail / Debug PKGs,) *No PS3 Homebrew Support
- PS1 Emulator Support
- PS2 Emulator Support
- PSP Emulator Support
- PS3 Backup Support (Convert your PS3 Game to Digital PKG - npdrm* (requires game update for disc game backups to work))
- New Resigning Tools
- PS1 emulation is very good on the PS3, most games will play fine
- Ps2 emulation is hit and miss on the PS3 (slightly more then half PS2 titles will work fine)
- PsP emulation is roughly about a 40% success rate for the PS3
- PS3 Backups - Require a Game Update
- Coming Soon -- Team Ps3Xploit will soon give additional details about the release date, but its looking tentatively like a March release.. Still a few things that need to be polished and finalize,
Here was a short interview with one of the devs of PS3Xploit Team ( @bguerville )
What type of exploit is this project based on?
- The project is relying on userland exploitation only.
What's the word on Homebrew (HEN) for NoN-CFW Compatible Models?
- Given the results of our research so far, we do not think that we can solve the PS3 homebrew hurdle from userland (unless we find some unexpected vulnerability, chances of that are ultra slim though!). It's clear that s#ny"s implementation makes running homebrew difficult without defeating lv2 whereas they have been careless with various other aspects such as npdrm handling....
Do you see any more possibilities in Userland exploitation?
- There is actually so much more that could be done from userland in my opinion. More potential features could be potentially added...
Future Plans on this exploit?
- I don't think we will be the ones developing the technique further & adding features. It will be up to the community devs to do it... This project will actually be provided as a base for the community, it gives users some basic features that have been denied to them on non-cfw compatibles thus far but more importantly imho it provides devs with methods they can replicate to offer new features for those consoles. We are hoping devs will update their existing tools to support ofw & maybe improve the project we are to release soon.
- We will not be offering technical support on this project (except for interested Devs). We hope the community will take care of it.
Will user's be able to create their own Custom packages if tools are supported?
- Yes, users should be able to make emu pkgs. Some Ps2 homebrew will also be supported that way. Ps1 & ps2 are currently fully supported. PSP support still need a little work but we believe this will be supported as well once the release is ready.
UPDATE: @habib has shared the source code & new details about his Resigning Tool:
Visit this link >>>> http://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps3xploit-resigner.16554/
UPDATE NEW VIDEO - SNES RUNNING VIA PS2 Emulation:
Stay tuned to psx-place.com as details mature on this exploit and its pending release!!
PS3 Ps3Xploit 3.0 (Preview)- New Features for SuperSlim & all non-cfw comp. Ps3 Models
By STLcardsWS on Mar 3, 2018 at 11:24 AM
OpenGL ES implementation on the PS4 (Write-Up) provided by flatzPS4 homebrew development while at a sluggish pace since the PS4 was first exploited (in 1.76) does have some developer's that keep building the foundation for the scene. Developer flatz has provided and shared so many accomplishments on various devices, but the developer is one of the talented PS4 devs that is doing their part and then some to move the scene forward. In my opinion i still believe the ps4 console needs a current exploit as explained here to reach that next level and draw in more developer's and truly be a great platform for homebrew. However one of the busiest developer is doing alot following the previous coverage of OpenGL and C# code support developer flatz has now released a new Write-Up detailing the OpenGL ES implementation on the PS4. This is no doubt a good things for development of homebrew and the PS4 scene in general, but the question is how many developer are out there on the platform that will make good use of it with a new project..Obvious this is a great step forward..Continue reading
Why the PS4 needs a Current Firmware ExploitIt has been no secret and quite honestly comes to no surprise by the lack of participation in the development circles around the PS4 and more specifically homebrew development on the console, Don't get me wrong there has been various developer's working their tails off and doing some amazing things on the platform and alot of great documentation on the console, which alot of that documentation can found at places such as the PS4DevWiki, but when has a scene or a community been about a few individuals or groups? It never has and no small groups of people can carry a scene by themselves, Around the scene you see things being stated like "anyone can help contribute" and while that is true due to many things being Open Source from some of developer's working on the PS4, However, what can we expect for a platform (past exploited firmware) that never had that current firmware window (as all other exploited devices typically have at some point)? That has been the longstanding issue for the PS4 Homebrew Community by not having an exploit that originates on the current firmware of that time of release. Even if that window is shortContinue reading
[6x Update (Dec. 08)] HW Acceleration (RSX) Project Update by RenéRebe6x UPDATE (December 08) - Now the 7th Video Released in last days / weeks
(Original Article from Nov. 14) Is the PS3 a bit closer to gaining Hardware Acceleration (via RSX) in OtherOS (Linux) with a proper driver to enable the GPU chip? We are not there, but we may be getting closer to a reality. Earlier this year (back in April) we detailed some of the progress that the busy dev RenéRebe has made with unlocking the potential of the PlayStation 3's RSX chip and now today we have been greeted with a new video and what we can expect with this project as the developer starts to undertake the challenge of further unlocking one more component of the Ps3 hardware,. The developer has alot of videos on other intresting subjects in his diverse YouTube channel >>> (Bits and More) <<< many very informative video's..Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: