UPDATE: RELEASED See the News Coverage >>>>> HERE <<<<<
What a journey it has been in hacking the PlayStation 3 despite all the progress the community has made over the years, there has been those NoN-CFW Compatible PS3's (SuperSlim and some later Slim Models) unable to join the party on system hacks/homebrew to make most of their PS3 Hardware While CFW is not a likely option to ever happen on those models, the hole in 4.81/2 provided by PS3Xploit has brought some hope to hacks on those models as it provides a window for hackers/developers to explore. As the PS3Xploit team continues their exploration on the PS3 they have stumbled on some good news and also some bad news. The bad news is that the team still has not solved the Homebrew hurdle for those models and is proving to be a tall task that may not be achieved, but let me follow that up with some really exciting news, as the team has made yet another great discovery and this time around it's for SuperSlims (& late Slims) while no native Homebrew Support has been achieved as mentioned, there is some other interesting hacks that make those models more desirable with some great new features!!!!
This exploit is only relying on userland exploitation, while not a kernel exploit there are some clever features coming to the table as the PS1 / PS2 / PSP Emulators (within the ps3 firmware) have been unlocked for digital backups and also the ability of backing up your PS3 Games and turning them into digital media playable straight from the XMB, User's familiar with the Injections methods in 4.70 OFW will be a step ahead with those same preparations (using TABR) and the quirks like requiring a "game update" in order to backup your game are required. Cinavia protection removed for HDD Content is also a feature that should be appearing in this release as well, we should be seeing this released sometime in March, but there is no concrete date as of yet. Additional details will be emerging as we get closer to the release and additional detailslike a short interview with one of the devs of the team can be seen below that provides some additional bits of information about this hack.
What will this future exploit provide?
What you need to know about the legacy PlayStation emulators?
- "Install PKG Files" unlocked on XMB (Retail / Debug PKGs,) *No PS3 Homebrew Support
- PS1 Emulator Support
- PS2 Emulator Support
- PSP Emulator Support
- PS3 Backup Support (Convert your PS3 Game to Digital PKG - npdrm* (requires game update for disc game backups to work))
- New Resigning Tools
- PS1 emulation is very good on the PS3, most games will play fine
- Ps2 emulation is hit and miss on the PS3 (slightly more then half PS2 titles will work fine)
- PsP emulation is roughly about a 40% success rate for the PS3
- PS3 Backups - Require a Game Update
- Coming Soon -- Team Ps3Xploit will soon give additional details about the release date, but its looking tentatively like a March release.. Still a few things that need to be polished and finalize,
Here was a short interview with one of the devs of PS3Xploit Team ( @bguerville )
What type of exploit is this project based on?
- The project is relying on userland exploitation only.
What's the word on Homebrew (HEN) for NoN-CFW Compatible Models?
- Given the results of our research so far, we do not think that we can solve the PS3 homebrew hurdle from userland (unless we find some unexpected vulnerability, chances of that are ultra slim though!). It's clear that s#ny"s implementation makes running homebrew difficult without defeating lv2 whereas they have been careless with various other aspects such as npdrm handling....
Do you see any more possibilities in Userland exploitation?
- There is actually so much more that could be done from userland in my opinion. More potential features could be potentially added...
Future Plans on this exploit?
- I don't think we will be the ones developing the technique further & adding features. It will be up to the community devs to do it... This project will actually be provided as a base for the community, it gives users some basic features that have been denied to them on non-cfw compatibles thus far but more importantly imho it provides devs with methods they can replicate to offer new features for those consoles. We are hoping devs will update their existing tools to support ofw & maybe improve the project we are to release soon.
- We will not be offering technical support on this project (except for interested Devs). We hope the community will take care of it.
Will user's be able to create their own Custom packages if tools are supported?
- Yes, users should be able to make emu pkgs. Some Ps2 homebrew will also be supported that way. Ps1 & ps2 are currently fully supported. PSP support still need a little work but we believe this will be supported as well once the release is ready.
UPDATE: @habib has shared the source code & new details about his Resigning Tool:
Visit this link >>>> http://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps3xploit-resigner.16554/
UPDATE NEW VIDEO - SNES RUNNING VIA PS2 Emulation:
Stay tuned to psx-place.com as details mature on this exploit and its pending release!!
PS3 Ps3Xploit 3.0 (Preview)- New Features for SuperSlim & all non-cfw comp. Ps3 Models
By STLcardsWS on Mar 3, 2018 at 11:24 AM
SEN Enabler v6.2.1 - Includes 4.84 Spoof to regain PSN AccessDeveloper @Evilnat was quick to provide a Spoofing solution for 4.83 (& lower) CFW user's who may be making the wise decision of staying on a lower firmware and not so quick to jump to a 4.84 CFW right away that does not have the various supplemental homebrew's and tools updated for 4.84 yet. If you want to stay on top of those release's be sure to checkout this thread in the forum. The Spoof in SEN Enabler allows for a lower firmware to connect to PSN, but also note that it could be a potential trigger for a PSN ban so be aware of that when spoofing. For more info about SEN Enabler you can always checkout the official release and support thread located here in the psx-place forums.Continue reading
4.84 OFW Released - Beware do not updatePlayStation 3 had an official firmware update released with the drop of system update 4.84. Below i provided a small chart for people on other firmwares and their hacks. Currently it unknown what prompted the update, could of been a simple maintenance update, which what appears to be the case on initial inspections. Could the update have something to do with PS Plus *Buy Games from PlayStation Store* ending on the service? Very well could be but that is speculation at this point. PSX-Place will keep you updated of all the changes this update brings. The update has not patched the recent StoreHaxx release which is not something most will use as its simply an IDPS dumper currently (w/ other potentials possiable). Even on 4.83 and looking to exploit, you may want to wait to update until devs in this thread mainly @bguerville and @esc0rtd3w give the okay.
Checkout this thread for FUTURE 4.84 releated released.
Save The Scene v1.1 (Homebrew Game) released by Lapy05575948Cuban developer Lapy05575948 (aka Lapy Games) following the first homebrew release for the PS4 which was a Flappy Bird Clone called Lapy's Chicken . Now the game creator follows that game up with another in yesterday's release with v1.0 of a new PS4 Homebrew Game titled "Save The Scene" and a quick update of v1.1 followed today (that decreased the difficulty that was set a bit high in v1.0). Under the hood the game is built with Unity 3d and is an original creation by the developer for the PS4 along with a Windows version that has been created.as well. The premise of this game surrounds around an evil entity attacking the scene and you must save some of these devs by stopping the bombs (by selecting the right button before the bomb falls) from exploding on their heads . If you prove your are the "chosen one" you may get a working exploit (in the game world lol). There is some enjoyable design elements to this title that were brought to the game by the developer (Lapy05575948) and Xalgovia. Plus for your listening pleasures in this title we can thank retrogamer74 for the sound affects. Included below is video footage/screenshots of this game in action. This PS4 Homebrew requires an exploited PS4 Console (on 5.05 FW) .Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
The best PS2 soft-modding-installer around (newest version available here) -SP193