UPDATE: RELEASED See the News Coverage >>>>> HERE <<<<<
What a journey it has been in hacking the PlayStation 3 despite all the progress the community has made over the years, there has been those NoN-CFW Compatible PS3's (SuperSlim and some later Slim Models) unable to join the party on system hacks/homebrew to make most of their PS3 Hardware While CFW is not a likely option to ever happen on those models, the hole in 4.81/2 provided by PS3Xploit has brought some hope to hacks on those models as it provides a window for hackers/developers to explore. As the PS3Xploit team continues their exploration on the PS3 they have stumbled on some good news and also some bad news. The bad news is that the team still has not solved the Homebrew hurdle for those models and is proving to be a tall task that may not be achieved, but let me follow that up with some really exciting news, as the team has made yet another great discovery and this time around it's for SuperSlims (& late Slims) while no native Homebrew Support has been achieved as mentioned, there is some other interesting hacks that make those models more desirable with some great new features!!!!
This exploit is only relying on userland exploitation, while not a kernel exploit there are some clever features coming to the table as the PS1 / PS2 / PSP Emulators (within the ps3 firmware) have been unlocked for digital backups and also the ability of backing up your PS3 Games and turning them into digital media playable straight from the XMB, User's familiar with the Injections methods in 4.70 OFW will be a step ahead with those same preparations (using TABR) and the quirks like requiring a "game update" in order to backup your game are required. Cinavia protection removed for HDD Content is also a feature that should be appearing in this release as well, we should be seeing this released sometime in March, but there is no concrete date as of yet. Additional details will be emerging as we get closer to the release and additional detailslike a short interview with one of the devs of the team can be seen below that provides some additional bits of information about this hack.
What will this future exploit provide?
What you need to know about the legacy PlayStation emulators?
- "Install PKG Files" unlocked on XMB (Retail / Debug PKGs,) *No PS3 Homebrew Support
- PS1 Emulator Support
- PS2 Emulator Support
- PSP Emulator Support
- PS3 Backup Support (Convert your PS3 Game to Digital PKG - npdrm* (requires game update for disc game backups to work))
- New Resigning Tools
- PS1 emulation is very good on the PS3, most games will play fine
- Ps2 emulation is hit and miss on the PS3 (slightly more then half PS2 titles will work fine)
- PsP emulation is roughly about a 40% success rate for the PS3
- PS3 Backups - Require a Game Update
- Coming Soon -- Team Ps3Xploit will soon give additional details about the release date, but its looking tentatively like a March release.. Still a few things that need to be polished and finalize,
Here was a short interview with one of the devs of PS3Xploit Team ( @bguerville )
What type of exploit is this project based on?
- The project is relying on userland exploitation only.
What's the word on Homebrew (HEN) for NoN-CFW Compatible Models?
- Given the results of our research so far, we do not think that we can solve the PS3 homebrew hurdle from userland (unless we find some unexpected vulnerability, chances of that are ultra slim though!). It's clear that s#ny"s implementation makes running homebrew difficult without defeating lv2 whereas they have been careless with various other aspects such as npdrm handling....
Do you see any more possibilities in Userland exploitation?
- There is actually so much more that could be done from userland in my opinion. More potential features could be potentially added...
Future Plans on this exploit?
- I don't think we will be the ones developing the technique further & adding features. It will be up to the community devs to do it... This project will actually be provided as a base for the community, it gives users some basic features that have been denied to them on non-cfw compatibles thus far but more importantly imho it provides devs with methods they can replicate to offer new features for those consoles. We are hoping devs will update their existing tools to support ofw & maybe improve the project we are to release soon.
- We will not be offering technical support on this project (except for interested Devs). We hope the community will take care of it.
Will user's be able to create their own Custom packages if tools are supported?
- Yes, users should be able to make emu pkgs. Some Ps2 homebrew will also be supported that way. Ps1 & ps2 are currently fully supported. PSP support still need a little work but we believe this will be supported as well once the release is ready.
UPDATE: @habib has shared the source code & new details about his Resigning Tool:
Visit this link >>>> http://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps3xploit-resigner.16554/
UPDATE NEW VIDEO - SNES RUNNING VIA PS2 Emulation:
Stay tuned to psx-place.com as details mature on this exploit and its pending release!!
PS3 Ps3Xploit 3.0 (Preview)- New Features for SuperSlim & all non-cfw comp. Ps3 Models
By STLcardsWS on Mar 3, 2018 at 11:24 AM
Kernel Exploit for FW 5.53 sneak-peek by @Mathieulh --- UPDATE: Latest FW 5.55 as well !!!Remember when we talked about that the PS4 is still in search of it's full potential and that the Developers are still hard-working with Exploits and other cool stuff for newer System Firmwares - like @SpecterDev does with System Firmware 5.05 - then you shouldn't be suprised that other great Developers like @Mathieulh are also using their research for exploiting even newer System Firmwares - as he showed it with his little "sneak-peek" for System Firmware 5.53. This would mean that the lastest System Firmware from Sony would be exploitable and Homebrew would be possible - by the current state of reading. --- UPDATE: @mathieulh gains access to a Kernel Exploit on System Firmware 5.55 as well --- Check Down Below for further information!Continue reading
Mira Project v1.0 - Developer's Release from #TeamOrbisWoW the PS4 Scene is exploding with alot of hard work from many developer's coming together in the scene. the other day TeamOrbis unveiled a preview of Mira Project (CFW Abilities w/ MiraCFW) for the PS4, now the team has made available a Beta version for Developer's. I would caution installing this if your are worried about a potential errors as this is not quite ready for mass adoption yet and missing some aspects that will appear in later releases. The team just recently published a roadmap (seen below) for the upcoming releases and what those updates will provide, lets be honest here its looks very exciting and promising as these developer's are really coming together for some amazing progress on the PS4. @Roxanne covered many aspects of this project already in her preview >> Meet "The Mira Project" - a (kind-of) CFW for your PS4 by #TeamOrbis from the other day so check that out for additional details and then checkout the latest details / release found below from the OpenOrbis Team..Continue reading
Meet "The Mira Project" - a (kind-of) CFW for your PS4 by #TeamOrbisWith the latest achievements regarding Kernel Exploits and other useful things for both System Firmware 5.05 and System Firmware 5.53 together with the older exploits like for System Firmware 4.55 or even for System Firmware 1.76 - you have probably already recognized that compared to the PS3 - a lot of have changed for the PS4 when you wanted to play your backups or to install some Homebrew. Instead of installing a Custom Made Firmware (CFW) from a USB-Device, you will use a bug in the Original System Software (OFW) itself to allow such mentioned things. This method isn't that bad but further investigations from the System itself is very limited compared to a CFW like for the PS3, where you had full access and control about your console by doing things whatever you wanted to do. But this could now change for the PS4 with the interesting Project behind #TeamOrbis called "The Mira Project".Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: