UPDATE: RELEASED See the News Coverage >>>>> HERE <<<<<
What a journey it has been in hacking the PlayStation 3 despite all the progress the community has made over the years, there has been those NoN-CFW Compatible PS3's (SuperSlim and some later Slim Models) unable to join the party on system hacks/homebrew to make most of their PS3 Hardware While CFW is not a likely option to ever happen on those models, the hole in 4.81/2 provided by PS3Xploit has brought some hope to hacks on those models as it provides a window for hackers/developers to explore. As the PS3Xploit team continues their exploration on the PS3 they have stumbled on some good news and also some bad news. The bad news is that the team still has not solved the Homebrew hurdle for those models and is proving to be a tall task that may not be achieved, but let me follow that up with some really exciting news, as the team has made yet another great discovery and this time around it's for SuperSlims (& late Slims) while no native Homebrew Support has been achieved as mentioned, there is some other interesting hacks that make those models more desirable with some great new features!!!!
This exploit is only relying on userland exploitation, while not a kernel exploit there are some clever features coming to the table as the PS1 / PS2 / PSP Emulators (within the ps3 firmware) have been unlocked for digital backups and also the ability of backing up your PS3 Games and turning them into digital media playable straight from the XMB, User's familiar with the Injections methods in 4.70 OFW will be a step ahead with those same preparations (using TABR) and the quirks like requiring a "game update" in order to backup your game are required. Cinavia protection removed for HDD Content is also a feature that should be appearing in this release as well, we should be seeing this released sometime in March, but there is no concrete date as of yet. Additional details will be emerging as we get closer to the release and additional detailslike a short interview with one of the devs of the team can be seen below that provides some additional bits of information about this hack.
What will this future exploit provide?
What you need to know about the legacy PlayStation emulators?
- "Install PKG Files" unlocked on XMB (Retail / Debug PKGs,) *No PS3 Homebrew Support
- PS1 Emulator Support
- PS2 Emulator Support
- PSP Emulator Support
- PS3 Backup Support (Convert your PS3 Game to Digital PKG - npdrm* (requires game update for disc game backups to work))
- New Resigning Tools
- PS1 emulation is very good on the PS3, most games will play fine
- Ps2 emulation is hit and miss on the PS3 (slightly more then half PS2 titles will work fine)
- PsP emulation is roughly about a 40% success rate for the PS3
- PS3 Backups - Require a Game Update
- Coming Soon -- Team Ps3Xploit will soon give additional details about the release date, but its looking tentatively like a March release.. Still a few things that need to be polished and finalize,
Here was a short interview with one of the devs of PS3Xploit Team ( @bguerville )
What type of exploit is this project based on?
- The project is relying on userland exploitation only.
What's the word on Homebrew (HEN) for NoN-CFW Compatible Models?
- Given the results of our research so far, we do not think that we can solve the PS3 homebrew hurdle from userland (unless we find some unexpected vulnerability, chances of that are ultra slim though!). It's clear that s#ny"s implementation makes running homebrew difficult without defeating lv2 whereas they have been careless with various other aspects such as npdrm handling....
Do you see any more possibilities in Userland exploitation?
- There is actually so much more that could be done from userland in my opinion. More potential features could be potentially added...
Future Plans on this exploit?
- I don't think we will be the ones developing the technique further & adding features. It will be up to the community devs to do it... This project will actually be provided as a base for the community, it gives users some basic features that have been denied to them on non-cfw compatibles thus far but more importantly imho it provides devs with methods they can replicate to offer new features for those consoles. We are hoping devs will update their existing tools to support ofw & maybe improve the project we are to release soon.
- We will not be offering technical support on this project (except for interested Devs). We hope the community will take care of it.
Will user's be able to create their own Custom packages if tools are supported?
- Yes, users should be able to make emu pkgs. Some Ps2 homebrew will also be supported that way. Ps1 & ps2 are currently fully supported. PSP support still need a little work but we believe this will be supported as well once the release is ready.
UPDATE: @habib has shared the source code & new details about his Resigning Tool:
Visit this link >>>> http://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps3xploit-resigner.16554/
UPDATE NEW VIDEO - SNES RUNNING VIA PS2 Emulation:
Stay tuned to psx-place.com as details mature on this exploit and its pending release!!
PS3 Ps3Xploit 3.0 (Preview)- New Features for SuperSlim & all non-cfw comp. Ps3 Models
By STLcardsWS on Mar 3, 2018 at 11:24 AM
PS4 NES - Full Speed NES Emulator (5.05 FW) by m0rph3us1987
Last week we seen developer flatz add C# Code & OpenGL Support to the PS4 and slowly it has appeared that the homebrew scene is starting to gain some traction as we keep seeing new release and progress made forward,. Today developer m0rph3us1987 take's his POC NES Emulator and adds a full-Speed, the emulation is based on LaiNES emulator..With this version the dev has also stated PAL Roms will have better emulation then NTSC roms currently. You can see a sample of some footage of this ps4 homebrew in action via a short clip provided by @wa7ly on twitter.
This release is only for PS4 Firmware 5.05 (exploited)
4.83 OVERFLOW COBRA (v7.3 lite) CFW &- NoBD / NoBT versions Released@Bobby_Downgrades not only released a suite of 4.83 STANDARD CEX CFW for the PS3, but also a suite of 4.83 COBRA CFW, developer Alexander recently also released a COBRA CFW now he two will differ a bit as this one from @Bobby_Downgrades is based off COBRA v7.3 (a lite version), so while both are 4.83 Cobra CFW the payloads while very similar are different versions.. The COBRA Editions contain all the Standard CEX features plus the extra Cobra features, plugin support, ISO Support, Network Streaming Support for Game over your local network are just some of those features added with the Cobra payload. Additional information about this release can see below along with the NoBD and NoBT editions to go along for those damaged console that rely on those type of builds.Continue reading
4.83 OVERFLOW CFW - STANDARD CEX / NoBD & NoBT editions Released
Following the release of 4.83 FERROX COBRA, we have developer @Bobby_Downgrades who has dropped various editions of 4.83 Custom Firmware, first off is a suite of standard cex choices, If your console is running perfectly fine and has no damaged components the the regular standard cex will do just fine, but you have an issue where BD / Logic Board or the Bluetooth/WiFi chip then there is special version of the firmware to bypass those components and allow for your PS3 to be used agai (minus those components)
This Standard CEX features all the usual CFW Patches for operating Homebrew App and personal backups, plus a few extra options for this CFW that can be seen in the details belowContinue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: