Since the release of Ps3Xploit (NOR /NAND Flash Writer) that allowed for some PS3 Consoles to install CFW directly from 4.82 OFW there has been some user's having issue understanding the installation process, mostly from not reading or overthinking the steps. Sometimes is just needs to be explained a bit differently so new users understand some steps a bit more clearly. Plus, Thibobo has made a minor edit to 4.81.2 REBUG REX so the CFW be installed from 4.82 after executing the Ps3Xploit (without toggling QA) .Below you will see two tabs, the first one if the guide by Aldostools with the 2nd one being information about REBUG REX 4.81.2, the CFW of choice for many in the homebrew community. Its long history of being a safe stable & reliable firmware makes it an easy choice,with innovation behind the CFW in every release as well.. While it can be a very complexed firmware , it can also be very simple (standard like) CFW. To keep simple, its an easy, Just don't install the Rebug Toolbox (pkg) if that is what you pefer, but if you want to unlock the potential, install the REBUG TOOLBOX and you can toggle various settings & patches (more info on the CFW features can be found @ www.rebug.me). Hopefully this post and guide will make your OFW to CFW transition a bit more enjoyable..
(VIEW TABS BELOW)
- >>>>>>>> UPDATE (IMPORTANT) <<<<<<<<<<<
- Step 1 - Exploiting your PS3 with PS3Xploit
- Step 2 - Installing REBUG REX CFW
THIS GUIDE IS for PS3XPLOIT V1, the process/exploit has changed & Improved for PS3Xploit v2.0, please view v2.0 before proceeding: >>>> LINK to v2.0
PS3 Developer @aldostools has provided a great tutorial that is extremely Noob Friendly written by an experienced and very knowledge PS3 developer so no better person to get you started on your CFW Journey.
A First confirm with MinChkVer PUP that your console is compatible.
- If your console is Super Slim or if it shows a min version equal to 3.60 or higher, your console is NOT compatible, and you will brick your console if you continue with the following steps.
- If it shows 3.56 or a lower version, you can continue.
B MAKE SURE that you put flsh.hex in the root of a pendrive and you inserted it in the port closest to the BD drive and that that the external device is visible on XMB on the music/video/picture column.
- If the device does not show, the PS3 will freeze when you run the exploit. Restart the console and everything will be fine.
- For a safest process, verify that the MD5 of flsh.hex on your USB is 8E156C99101BF36EC3EDB832982AE46D
C Server Setup:
1-Extract the zip file of NAND/NOR Writer for 4.82 in a folder on the desktop
2-Open the folder and create a new folder named: htdocs
3-Select the files "nand-482.html", "nor-482.html" and "xp_rel_writer10.js", CUT the files and PASTE them inside the folder htdocs
4-Run miniweb.exe server. Allow access it if your firewall prompts for it.
5- Access the server from the PS3 browser using the IP shown as host in the server window. Example: http://192.168.1.123:8000
Or skip all these steps and simply use http://redthetrainer.com/ps3/ from the PS3 browser.
D Set the url for the nand or nor html as home page of the PS3 browser, clean the cache, close the browser and open it again.
E Click the button and wait until the process complete and the PS3 shutsdown. It should take no more than 10 minutes. DO NOT STOP the process once it starts.
If it takes more than 10 minutes or show success without turn off, restart the console and repeat the process.
F If success, put any CFW 4.82 or Rebug 4.81.2 with Syscon 4.82 (See Next Tab for Additional Rebug CFW details) on PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP in your usb drive an install it from XMB or recovery.
- Remember to eject any DISC from the Bluray drive before install CFW.
- Once in CFW, enable the QA Flags... it will be useful if you need to change CFW later.
- Also install Rebug Toolbox and get your eid_root_key as one of the first things.
- Create a new user without PSN and set it as default user. It will prevent accidental auto-login that could cause a ban from PSN.
- Never login to PSN with syscalls enabled... Always use SEN Enabler, PSNpatch or webMAN MOD to disable the syscalls before play online.
- Do not cheat if you go online and enjoy CFW!
This is an UNOFFICIAL RE-RELEASE of 4.81.2 REBUG REX,
Thibobo edited the version syscon from 4.81 to 4.82 so PUP could easily install for user's o 4.82 after exploiting vi PS3Xploit's webkit hack.
FEATURES FOR REBUG REX 4.81.2
- Unofficial Feature: Firmware Syscon Version edited to 4.82 - (Allows for installation on 4.82, useful for installing from 4.82 after executing PS3Xploit + Nor/Nand Writer ) - Thibobo
- FEATURE – Dual LV2 Kernels CEX/DEX - (Swap your EID0/LV2 kernel using Rebug Toolbox in seconds)\
- FEATURE – ALL Retail functions available in CEX mode - (No need to install different firmware)
- FEATURE – ALL Debug functions available in DEX mode - (No need to install different firmware)
- FEATURE – FULL ProDG Connectivity in DEX mode - (Full Support on both Normal mode and Cobra mode)
- FEATURE – QA Token compatibility
- FEATURE – OtherOS++ support enabled - (Use Rebug Toolbox to Boot OtherOS with different LV1 patches)
- FEATURE – Package Manager - (Replacement for the standard ‘Install Package Files’ option)
- FEATURE – FSELF compatibility - (Fake Signed ELF is supported on both CEX and DEX modes.)
- INCLUDED – Rebug Toolbox 2.02.12 *UPDATED - (Install included Rebug Toolbox or higher for full compatibility)
- PATCHED – Appldr: LV2 memory hash check is disabled - (Memory protection on LV2 is disabled in higher level)
- PATCHED – LV1: Disable System Integrity Check - (Safe to use with mismatched COREOS/SYSCON versions or if PS3 is not QA enabled)
- PATCHED – LV1: Undocumented function 114 - (Allow mapping of protected memory)
- PATCHED – LV1: Skip all ACL Checks - (Needed to allow booting of OtherOS)
- PATCHED – LV1: Peek and Poke support - (Unused LV1 call 182 and 183)
- PATCHED – LV2: Peek and Poke support - (LV2 Syscall 6 and 7)
- PATCHED – LV2: Peek and Poke support for LV1 - (LV2 Syscall 8 and 9)
- PATCHED – LV2: LV1 CALL System call - (LV2 Syscall 10)
- PATCHED – LV2: Allow execution of any LV2 internal function *NEW - (LV2 Syscall 15)
- PATCHED – LV2: IDPS dump support without LV2 Peek *NEW- (LV2 Syscall 870)
- PATCHED – Recovery: Prevent accidental OFW update while on Recovery mode
- PATCHED – VSH: Allow Unsigned act.dat and *.rif files
- PATCHED – VSH: Auto unlocks c00 demo contents *NEW
- PATCHED – VSH: Disable Unlinking/Deleting of act.dat - (Improved patches applied)
- PATCHED – VSH: Disable NEW PSP DRM Check - (Allowing unsigned PSP pkg contents on 4.75 or higher CFW)
- PATCHED – VSH: Disable Epilepsy Warning for Faster Boot-Up Speed
- PATCHED – VSH: XMB notification removal *NEW - (Fake Save Data Owner and Game Quit: No Request Event will not be displayed)
- FUN FEATURE – Fake Save Data Owner - (Use Game Saves from ANY Owner)
- FUN FEATURE – In Game Screenshot - (Allows taking screenshots in Game)
- FUN FEATURE – Disabled flag check in PARAM for Remote Play - (For better compatibility with remote play, custom flags in PARAM is recommended)
- FUN FEATURE – Lock/Unlock Trophies (Offline only)
- FEATURE – Cinavia protection fully disabled - (Supports optical media/bd iso, AACS must be decrypted)
- FEATURE – Full BD/DVD Playback support on both CEX/DEX mode - (BD/DVD movies can now be played on DEX mode, major thanks to mysis!)
- FEATURE – COBRA 7.5 *UPDATED - (Disabled by default, Toolbox required to enable)
- FEATURE – 1.45.09 MOD REBUG EDITION *UPDATED - (Full Webman intergration supports both CEX/DEX 4.81)
- FEATURE – XMB CFW settings v0.1a - (XMB icons for simple CFW tasks available via REBUG TOOLBOX 2.02.12)
- FEATURE – XMBM+ Compatibility - (XMB Manager Plus developed by Team XMBM now supported via standalone pkgs.)
Extremely well written and explanation of these features can be found on Rebug's Official website @ www.rebug.me
- CFW - 4.81.2REBUG REX ( UNOFFICIAL - Syscon Version changed to 4.82
- MD5: UNKNOWN (Use at your Risk)
- PS3Xploit - NOR/NAND Flash Writer Files/Info (via link)
PS3 Ps3Xploit - An Expert's Guide from OFW to CFW (by aldostools) + A Simple Rebug CFW Install
By STLcardsWS on Nov 28, 2017 at 10:20 PM
TheFlow cracks Vita Firmware 3.67 ("Will Release" but "Not Soon")TheFlow has brought some clarity on the recent updates (commits) made to VitaShell suggesting 3.67 Support, It is indeed true that 3.67 is now exploitable for the PS Vita and sibling devices the PlayStation TV (Vita TV). The dev has now confirmed on his official twitter (tweets below) that user and kernel access on Vita's 3.67 Firmware has been achieved, However, do note before you get too excited, the developer won't release till end of year, in what seems to be a move to wait out any future Vita firmware updates that may be on the horizon,. The dev has also stated (if time allows) the possibility to update HENkaku Enso to 3.65 for existing Vita user's, but in the future we might see all vita devices with a new window for exploiting .Its unclear if the recent Vita Bootloader Hack aided or had anything to with this hack but details are sure to emerge in the coming weeks and months What ya think about this announcement from TheFlow?
-STLcardsWS/ nCadeRegalContinue reading
Something good is going on in the PS Vita SceneIt appears "Something good is going on in the PS Vita Scene" says psx-place's own kozarovv, As the recent commits by xyz (team molecule member) and then TheFlow (VitaShell Creator) Github pages some rather interesting discoveries were found in those recent commits as also The_Hero (of Games&Consoles) points out about some new commits arising following the news from last week when Yifan lu (a member of Team Molecule) disclosed the new HENkaku Enso Bootloader Hack to the Vita Community. Since, it now appears there are some rather interesting developments coming to fruition in the Vita's ecosystem. Are we are likely in store for something big for the Vita Community, like 3.67 breakthroughs? It sure looks that way, currently, we are only making suggestions and concluding details from the commits across these Open Source Projects from elite vita devs. As these changes are signaling something is on the horizon. @kozarovv laid out some of the important bits of information that can be gather from those recent commits made available -STLcardsWSContinue reading
HENkaku Ensō bootloader hack for Vita [ by Team molecule]Team molecule is not done detailing information on the PS Vita / PlayStation TV / Vita TV, after the releases of HENkaku and then HENkaku Ensō Now developer Yifan Lu has detailed a write up detailing a new exploit titled HENkaku Ensō bootloader Hack, the information detailed could lift some of the restrictions hampered in the Vita's current environment. and even lead to a full blown 3.65 exploit (but that needs additional work the team is not interested in, but they hope others will be with this new info.) There is alot to read so i will let you get to the details yourself in the this well written piece by the developer, The topic we have broke up below in our tabs for easy reading, but you can also view the original format in the source link provided from Yifanlu's blog at bottom of the article.
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: