Since the release of Ps3Xploit (NOR /NAND Flash Writer) that allowed for some PS3 Consoles to install CFW directly from 4.82 OFW there has been some user's having issue understanding the installation process, mostly from not reading or overthinking the steps. Sometimes is just needs to be explained a bit differently so new users understand some steps a bit more clearly. Plus, Thibobo has made a minor edit to 4.81.2 REBUG REX so the CFW be installed from 4.82 after executing the Ps3Xploit (without toggling QA) .Below you will see two tabs, the first one if the guide by Aldostools with the 2nd one being information about REBUG REX 4.81.2, the CFW of choice for many in the homebrew community. Its long history of being a safe stable & reliable firmware makes it an easy choice,with innovation behind the CFW in every release as well.. While it can be a very complexed firmware , it can also be very simple (standard like) CFW. To keep simple, its an easy, Just don't install the Rebug Toolbox (pkg) if that is what you pefer, but if you want to unlock the potential, install the REBUG TOOLBOX and you can toggle various settings & patches (more info on the CFW features can be found @ www.rebug.me). Hopefully this post and guide will make your OFW to CFW transition a bit more enjoyable..
(VIEW TABS BELOW)
- >>>>>>>> UPDATE (IMPORTANT) <<<<<<<<<<<
- Step 1 - Exploiting your PS3 with PS3Xploit
- Step 2 - Installing REBUG REX CFW
THIS GUIDE IS for PS3XPLOIT V1, the process/exploit has changed & Improved for PS3Xploit v2.0, please view v2.0 before proceeding: >>>> LINK to v2.0
PS3 Developer @aldostools has provided a great tutorial that is extremely Noob Friendly written by an experienced and very knowledge PS3 developer so no better person to get you started on your CFW Journey.
A First confirm with MinChkVer PUP that your console is compatible.
- If your console is Super Slim or if it shows a min version equal to 3.60 or higher, your console is NOT compatible, and you will brick your console if you continue with the following steps.
- If it shows 3.56 or a lower version, you can continue.
B MAKE SURE that you put flsh.hex in the root of a pendrive and you inserted it in the port closest to the BD drive and that that the external device is visible on XMB on the music/video/picture column.
- If the device does not show, the PS3 will freeze when you run the exploit. Restart the console and everything will be fine.
- For a safest process, verify that the MD5 of flsh.hex on your USB is 8E156C99101BF36EC3EDB832982AE46D
C Server Setup:
1-Extract the zip file of NAND/NOR Writer for 4.82 in a folder on the desktop
2-Open the folder and create a new folder named: htdocs
3-Select the files "nand-482.html", "nor-482.html" and "xp_rel_writer10.js", CUT the files and PASTE them inside the folder htdocs
4-Run miniweb.exe server. Allow access it if your firewall prompts for it.
5- Access the server from the PS3 browser using the IP shown as host in the server window. Example: http://192.168.1.123:8000
Or skip all these steps and simply use http://redthetrainer.com/ps3/ from the PS3 browser.
D Set the url for the nand or nor html as home page of the PS3 browser, clean the cache, close the browser and open it again.
E Click the button and wait until the process complete and the PS3 shutsdown. It should take no more than 10 minutes. DO NOT STOP the process once it starts.
If it takes more than 10 minutes or show success without turn off, restart the console and repeat the process.
F If success, put any CFW 4.82 or Rebug 4.81.2 with Syscon 4.82 (See Next Tab for Additional Rebug CFW details) on PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP in your usb drive an install it from XMB or recovery.
- Remember to eject any DISC from the Bluray drive before install CFW.
- Once in CFW, enable the QA Flags... it will be useful if you need to change CFW later.
- Also install Rebug Toolbox and get your eid_root_key as one of the first things.
- Create a new user without PSN and set it as default user. It will prevent accidental auto-login that could cause a ban from PSN.
- Never login to PSN with syscalls enabled... Always use SEN Enabler, PSNpatch or webMAN MOD to disable the syscalls before play online.
- Do not cheat if you go online and enjoy CFW!
This is an UNOFFICIAL RE-RELEASE of 4.81.2 REBUG REX,
Thibobo edited the version syscon from 4.81 to 4.82 so PUP could easily install for user's o 4.82 after exploiting vi PS3Xploit's webkit hack.
FEATURES FOR REBUG REX 4.81.2
- Unofficial Feature: Firmware Syscon Version edited to 4.82 - (Allows for installation on 4.82, useful for installing from 4.82 after executing PS3Xploit + Nor/Nand Writer ) - Thibobo
- FEATURE – Dual LV2 Kernels CEX/DEX - (Swap your EID0/LV2 kernel using Rebug Toolbox in seconds)\
- FEATURE – ALL Retail functions available in CEX mode - (No need to install different firmware)
- FEATURE – ALL Debug functions available in DEX mode - (No need to install different firmware)
- FEATURE – FULL ProDG Connectivity in DEX mode - (Full Support on both Normal mode and Cobra mode)
- FEATURE – QA Token compatibility
- FEATURE – OtherOS++ support enabled - (Use Rebug Toolbox to Boot OtherOS with different LV1 patches)
- FEATURE – Package Manager - (Replacement for the standard ‘Install Package Files’ option)
- FEATURE – FSELF compatibility - (Fake Signed ELF is supported on both CEX and DEX modes.)
- INCLUDED – Rebug Toolbox 2.02.12 *UPDATED - (Install included Rebug Toolbox or higher for full compatibility)
- PATCHED – Appldr: LV2 memory hash check is disabled - (Memory protection on LV2 is disabled in higher level)
- PATCHED – LV1: Disable System Integrity Check - (Safe to use with mismatched COREOS/SYSCON versions or if PS3 is not QA enabled)
- PATCHED – LV1: Undocumented function 114 - (Allow mapping of protected memory)
- PATCHED – LV1: Skip all ACL Checks - (Needed to allow booting of OtherOS)
- PATCHED – LV1: Peek and Poke support - (Unused LV1 call 182 and 183)
- PATCHED – LV2: Peek and Poke support - (LV2 Syscall 6 and 7)
- PATCHED – LV2: Peek and Poke support for LV1 - (LV2 Syscall 8 and 9)
- PATCHED – LV2: LV1 CALL System call - (LV2 Syscall 10)
- PATCHED – LV2: Allow execution of any LV2 internal function *NEW - (LV2 Syscall 15)
- PATCHED – LV2: IDPS dump support without LV2 Peek *NEW- (LV2 Syscall 870)
- PATCHED – Recovery: Prevent accidental OFW update while on Recovery mode
- PATCHED – VSH: Allow Unsigned act.dat and *.rif files
- PATCHED – VSH: Auto unlocks c00 demo contents *NEW
- PATCHED – VSH: Disable Unlinking/Deleting of act.dat - (Improved patches applied)
- PATCHED – VSH: Disable NEW PSP DRM Check - (Allowing unsigned PSP pkg contents on 4.75 or higher CFW)
- PATCHED – VSH: Disable Epilepsy Warning for Faster Boot-Up Speed
- PATCHED – VSH: XMB notification removal *NEW - (Fake Save Data Owner and Game Quit: No Request Event will not be displayed)
- FUN FEATURE – Fake Save Data Owner - (Use Game Saves from ANY Owner)
- FUN FEATURE – In Game Screenshot - (Allows taking screenshots in Game)
- FUN FEATURE – Disabled flag check in PARAM for Remote Play - (For better compatibility with remote play, custom flags in PARAM is recommended)
- FUN FEATURE – Lock/Unlock Trophies (Offline only)
- FEATURE – Cinavia protection fully disabled - (Supports optical media/bd iso, AACS must be decrypted)
- FEATURE – Full BD/DVD Playback support on both CEX/DEX mode - (BD/DVD movies can now be played on DEX mode, major thanks to mysis!)
- FEATURE – COBRA 7.5 *UPDATED - (Disabled by default, Toolbox required to enable)
- FEATURE – 1.45.09 MOD REBUG EDITION *UPDATED - (Full Webman intergration supports both CEX/DEX 4.81)
- FEATURE – XMB CFW settings v0.1a - (XMB icons for simple CFW tasks available via REBUG TOOLBOX 2.02.12)
- FEATURE – XMBM+ Compatibility - (XMB Manager Plus developed by Team XMBM now supported via standalone pkgs.)
Extremely well written and explanation of these features can be found on Rebug's Official website @ www.rebug.me
- CFW - 4.81.2REBUG REX ( UNOFFICIAL - Syscon Version changed to 4.82
- MD5: UNKNOWN (Use at your Risk)
- PS3Xploit - NOR/NAND Flash Writer Files/Info (via link)
PS3 Ps3Xploit - An Expert's Guide from OFW to CFW (by aldostools) + A Simple Rebug CFW Install
By STLcardsWS on Nov 28, 2017 at 10:20 PM
Making Video Games more accessible for "The Disabled"Okay, maybe you will think now why such a site like PSX-Place.com takes care about such a topic, as described in the headline and why this topic will include only 10% of Information about the PS4 and 90% about the Xbox One - on a site like this all about hacking and exploiting PlayStation Consoles only. But I would like to introduce you three interesting ways from the three major companies (namely Sony, Nintendo & Microsoft) how they try to achieve "Making Video Games playable for everyone" - and with "everyone" I mean not only you as a reader, but also for people with disabilites - where those people have always to fight with several difficulties not only in their everyday life. but also when they like to play Video Games like you do. And maybe this topic won't have such an impact with your interest, but I think they deserve it to be mentioned, since those are the "True Heroes" - not those who have the best skills or who are the fastest in a Video Game.Continue reading
Kernel Exploit for FW 5.53 sneak-peek by @Mathieulh --- UPDATE: Latest FW 5.55 as well !!!Remember when we talked about that the PS4 is still in search of it's full potential and that the Developers are still hard-working with Exploits and other cool stuff for newer System Firmwares - like @SpecterDev does with System Firmware 5.05 - then you shouldn't be suprised that other great Developers like @Mathieulh are also using their research for exploiting even newer System Firmwares - as he showed it with his little "sneak-peek" for System Firmware 5.53. This would mean that the lastest System Firmware from Sony would be exploitable and Homebrew would be possible - by the current state of reading. --- UPDATE: @mathieulh gains access to a Kernel Exploit on System Firmware 5.55 as well --- Check Down Below for further information!Continue reading
Mira Project v1.0 - Developer's Release from #TeamOrbisWoW the PS4 Scene is exploding with alot of hard work from many developer's coming together in the scene. the other day TeamOrbis unveiled a preview of Mira Project (CFW Abilities w/ MiraCFW) for the PS4, now the team has made available a Beta version for Developer's. I would caution installing this if your are worried about a potential errors as this is not quite ready for mass adoption yet and missing some aspects that will appear in later releases. The team just recently published a roadmap (seen below) for the upcoming releases and what those updates will provide, lets be honest here its looks very exciting and promising as these developer's are really coming together for some amazing progress on the PS4. @Roxanne covered many aspects of this project already in her preview >> Meet "The Mira Project" - a (kind-of) CFW for your PS4 by #TeamOrbis from the other day so check that out for additional details and then checkout the latest details / release found below from the OpenOrbis Team..Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: