Since the release of Ps3Xploit (NOR /NAND Flash Writer) that allowed for some PS3 Consoles to install CFW directly from 4.82 OFW there has been some user's having issue understanding the installation process, mostly from not reading or overthinking the steps. Sometimes is just needs to be explained a bit differently so new users understand some steps a bit more clearly. Plus, Thibobo has made a minor edit to 4.81.2 REBUG REX so the CFW be installed from 4.82 after executing the Ps3Xploit (without toggling QA) .Below you will see two tabs, the first one if the guide by Aldostools with the 2nd one being information about REBUG REX 4.81.2, the CFW of choice for many in the homebrew community. Its long history of being a safe stable & reliable firmware makes it an easy choice,with innovation behind the CFW in every release as well.. While it can be a very complexed firmware , it can also be very simple (standard like) CFW. To keep simple, its an easy, Just don't install the Rebug Toolbox (pkg) if that is what you pefer, but if you want to unlock the potential, install the REBUG TOOLBOX and you can toggle various settings & patches (more info on the CFW features can be found @ www.rebug.me). Hopefully this post and guide will make your OFW to CFW transition a bit more enjoyable..
(VIEW TABS BELOW)
- >>>>>>>> UPDATE (IMPORTANT) <<<<<<<<<<<
- Step 1 - Exploiting your PS3 with PS3Xploit
- Step 2 - Installing REBUG REX CFW
THIS GUIDE IS for PS3XPLOIT V1, the process/exploit has changed & Improved for PS3Xploit v2.0, please view v2.0 before proceeding: >>>> LINK to v2.0
PS3 Developer @aldostools has provided a great tutorial that is extremely Noob Friendly written by an experienced and very knowledge PS3 developer so no better person to get you started on your CFW Journey.
A First confirm with MinChkVer PUP that your console is compatible.
- If your console is Super Slim or if it shows a min version equal to 3.60 or higher, your console is NOT compatible, and you will brick your console if you continue with the following steps.
- If it shows 3.56 or a lower version, you can continue.
B MAKE SURE that you put flsh.hex in the root of a pendrive and you inserted it in the port closest to the BD drive and that that the external device is visible on XMB on the music/video/picture column.
- If the device does not show, the PS3 will freeze when you run the exploit. Restart the console and everything will be fine.
- For a safest process, verify that the MD5 of flsh.hex on your USB is 8E156C99101BF36EC3EDB832982AE46D
C Server Setup:
1-Extract the zip file of NAND/NOR Writer for 4.82 in a folder on the desktop
2-Open the folder and create a new folder named: htdocs
3-Select the files "nand-482.html", "nor-482.html" and "xp_rel_writer10.js", CUT the files and PASTE them inside the folder htdocs
4-Run miniweb.exe server. Allow access it if your firewall prompts for it.
5- Access the server from the PS3 browser using the IP shown as host in the server window. Example: http://192.168.1.123:8000
Or skip all these steps and simply use http://redthetrainer.com/ps3/ from the PS3 browser.
D Set the url for the nand or nor html as home page of the PS3 browser, clean the cache, close the browser and open it again.
E Click the button and wait until the process complete and the PS3 shutsdown. It should take no more than 10 minutes. DO NOT STOP the process once it starts.
If it takes more than 10 minutes or show success without turn off, restart the console and repeat the process.
F If success, put any CFW 4.82 or Rebug 4.81.2 with Syscon 4.82 (See Next Tab for Additional Rebug CFW details) on PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP in your usb drive an install it from XMB or recovery.
- Remember to eject any DISC from the Bluray drive before install CFW.
- Once in CFW, enable the QA Flags... it will be useful if you need to change CFW later.
- Also install Rebug Toolbox and get your eid_root_key as one of the first things.
- Create a new user without PSN and set it as default user. It will prevent accidental auto-login that could cause a ban from PSN.
- Never login to PSN with syscalls enabled... Always use SEN Enabler, PSNpatch or webMAN MOD to disable the syscalls before play online.
- Do not cheat if you go online and enjoy CFW!
This is an UNOFFICIAL RE-RELEASE of 4.81.2 REBUG REX,
Thibobo edited the version syscon from 4.81 to 4.82 so PUP could easily install for user's o 4.82 after exploiting vi PS3Xploit's webkit hack.
FEATURES FOR REBUG REX 4.81.2
- Unofficial Feature: Firmware Syscon Version edited to 4.82 - (Allows for installation on 4.82, useful for installing from 4.82 after executing PS3Xploit + Nor/Nand Writer ) - Thibobo
- FEATURE – Dual LV2 Kernels CEX/DEX - (Swap your EID0/LV2 kernel using Rebug Toolbox in seconds)\
- FEATURE – ALL Retail functions available in CEX mode - (No need to install different firmware)
- FEATURE – ALL Debug functions available in DEX mode - (No need to install different firmware)
- FEATURE – FULL ProDG Connectivity in DEX mode - (Full Support on both Normal mode and Cobra mode)
- FEATURE – QA Token compatibility
- FEATURE – OtherOS++ support enabled - (Use Rebug Toolbox to Boot OtherOS with different LV1 patches)
- FEATURE – Package Manager - (Replacement for the standard ‘Install Package Files’ option)
- FEATURE – FSELF compatibility - (Fake Signed ELF is supported on both CEX and DEX modes.)
- INCLUDED – Rebug Toolbox 2.02.12 *UPDATED - (Install included Rebug Toolbox or higher for full compatibility)
- PATCHED – Appldr: LV2 memory hash check is disabled - (Memory protection on LV2 is disabled in higher level)
- PATCHED – LV1: Disable System Integrity Check - (Safe to use with mismatched COREOS/SYSCON versions or if PS3 is not QA enabled)
- PATCHED – LV1: Undocumented function 114 - (Allow mapping of protected memory)
- PATCHED – LV1: Skip all ACL Checks - (Needed to allow booting of OtherOS)
- PATCHED – LV1: Peek and Poke support - (Unused LV1 call 182 and 183)
- PATCHED – LV2: Peek and Poke support - (LV2 Syscall 6 and 7)
- PATCHED – LV2: Peek and Poke support for LV1 - (LV2 Syscall 8 and 9)
- PATCHED – LV2: LV1 CALL System call - (LV2 Syscall 10)
- PATCHED – LV2: Allow execution of any LV2 internal function *NEW - (LV2 Syscall 15)
- PATCHED – LV2: IDPS dump support without LV2 Peek *NEW- (LV2 Syscall 870)
- PATCHED – Recovery: Prevent accidental OFW update while on Recovery mode
- PATCHED – VSH: Allow Unsigned act.dat and *.rif files
- PATCHED – VSH: Auto unlocks c00 demo contents *NEW
- PATCHED – VSH: Disable Unlinking/Deleting of act.dat - (Improved patches applied)
- PATCHED – VSH: Disable NEW PSP DRM Check - (Allowing unsigned PSP pkg contents on 4.75 or higher CFW)
- PATCHED – VSH: Disable Epilepsy Warning for Faster Boot-Up Speed
- PATCHED – VSH: XMB notification removal *NEW - (Fake Save Data Owner and Game Quit: No Request Event will not be displayed)
- FUN FEATURE – Fake Save Data Owner - (Use Game Saves from ANY Owner)
- FUN FEATURE – In Game Screenshot - (Allows taking screenshots in Game)
- FUN FEATURE – Disabled flag check in PARAM for Remote Play - (For better compatibility with remote play, custom flags in PARAM is recommended)
- FUN FEATURE – Lock/Unlock Trophies (Offline only)
- FEATURE – Cinavia protection fully disabled - (Supports optical media/bd iso, AACS must be decrypted)
- FEATURE – Full BD/DVD Playback support on both CEX/DEX mode - (BD/DVD movies can now be played on DEX mode, major thanks to mysis!)
- FEATURE – COBRA 7.5 *UPDATED - (Disabled by default, Toolbox required to enable)
- FEATURE – 1.45.09 MOD REBUG EDITION *UPDATED - (Full Webman intergration supports both CEX/DEX 4.81)
- FEATURE – XMB CFW settings v0.1a - (XMB icons for simple CFW tasks available via REBUG TOOLBOX 2.02.12)
- FEATURE – XMBM+ Compatibility - (XMB Manager Plus developed by Team XMBM now supported via standalone pkgs.)
Extremely well written and explanation of these features can be found on Rebug's Official website @ www.rebug.me
- CFW - 4.81.2REBUG REX ( UNOFFICIAL - Syscon Version changed to 4.82
- MD5: UNKNOWN (Use at your Risk)
- PS3Xploit - NOR/NAND Flash Writer Files/Info (via link)
PS3 Ps3Xploit - An Expert's Guide from OFW to CFW (by aldostools) + A Simple Rebug CFW Install
By STLcardsWS on Nov 28, 2017 at 10:20 PM
HW Acceleration (RSX) Project Update by RenéRebeIs the PS3 a bit closer to gaining Hardware Acceleration (via RSX) in OtherOS (Linux) with a proper driver to enable the GPU chip? We are not there, but we may be getting closer to a reality. Earlier this year (back in April) we detailed some of the progress that the busy dev RenéRebe has made with unlocking the potential of the PlayStation 3's RSX chip and now today we have been greeted with a new video and what we can expect with this project as the developer starts to undertake the challenge of further unlocking one more component of the Ps3 hardware,. The developer has alot of videos on other intresting subjects in his diverse YouTube channel >>> (Bits and More) <<< many very informative video's..Continue reading
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - October 2018 Progress ReportWell, that was fast. After they announced their (delayed) "Progress Report for September", the great Team behind RPCS3 didn't wanted to "leave you out in the rain" again. So here is the "October Progress Report" which shows again how much they are hard-working to make this Emulator better and better by making more PS3 Games compatible with their Emulator. And speaking about PS3 Games, if you watched the latest Progress Reports from the last few months closely, you will have probably recognized that with every new Progress Report, more and more AAA Titles were getting more Support and a better Compatibility from Time to Time, even with supporting a 4K Output Resolution. This month isn't a exception and the Team is proud to announce that "Yakuza Kenzan" is fully playable now. Now you will think: "Wait a Minute - I never heard about "Yakuza Kenzan" ??? That's right, this is one Game of the "Yakuza Series" which was released in Japan only as "Ryū ga Gotoku Kenzan" so it never saw a "Western Release". That's even cooler that such a AAA Game which wasn't available for most of the people are now playable for everyone, even with a higher Resolution as the original PS3 would be able to do so. How "Butt ugly" is this? :PContinue reading
New PS4 Exploit details from fail0verflow Team in "PS4 Aux Hax" Series - v4 Belize via CECThe great fail0verflow team is back at it again with the PlayStation 4 (PS4) and this time around they have detailed some new developments in part 4 of their "PS4 AUX HAX" Series, In the recent write-up of the series some interesting details were shared on something that could potentially lead to a current firmware exploit? Its very early but we do know that when the failOverflow team shares information its like "holding the nuts" at the poker table, its solid information always. We have seen them work on various gaming consoles in the past and they were no stranger to elevating the PS3 and were the pioneers of Linux on the PS4 and also helped provide key information for exploits on older PS4 firmware in the past as well, The PS4 is entering the later stages of its life cycle and new exploits are a welcome site for a struggling homebrew platform that could be so vibrant on a device with so much potential, but lacking an exploit that gives user's that current firmware window for explortation.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: