Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 PS3Xploit Flash Writer [aka CFW Installer] - (Supports All PS3 Fat Models & Most Slim Models)

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit CFW Installer ( PS3 25XX Models & Lower)' started by STLcardsWS, Mar 17, 2018.

1. 7,611
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

PS3 OFW 4.82 NAND/NOR FLASH WRITER (aka CFW Installer) v2.0
    *** RED TEXT = IMPORTANT AND READ CAREFULLY TO AVOIDING A BRICK ***

WARNING: USE ONLY THE PROVIDED flash_482.hex AS IS. DON'T PATCH IT OR MODIFY IT OR YOU WILL BRICK
    • Verify flash_482.hex file on a flash drive and in the selected USB slot!
      • flash_482.hex MD5: d05be52f8d21700052fbd1fc0174acae
    • DO NOT USE ON CFW (Custom Firmware) (Only Supports OFW)
    • DO NOT USE ON PS3 Models 3xxx/4xxx (aka late Slim or Superslim models), you would brick those consoles. (Note: see below at FAQ about those models for alternative)
    • ON SLIM 2xxx Consoles, always use MinVerChck PUP to ensure that the minimum installable firmware version is < 3.60, if ever the minimum version is >3.56, using the flash writer would partially brick your console!
    • USE ONLY ON 4.82 OFW

• USB/HDD Edition - Flash Writer v2.0

NOTES:
      • It's essential not to flood the browser memory with junk before running the exploit. The reason for this is that due to ps3 javascript core memory usage limitations we are scanning several times a small range of browser memory (a few Mb) to find some essential data in RAM, if the memory is flooded due to previous browsing then the range to scan becomes much larger & the probabilities that our data is found in the smaller range decrease dramatically..
      • So in short, never use the browser or use a homepage you cancel before running the exploit!
      • It is recommended to set your homepage temporarily to the exploit page you wish to use to ensure there is no memory flooding messing with the exploit initialization stage
      • Try using a LAN connection or a solid WiFi connection during exploitation. A weak signal can cause problems
      • If the exploit takes more than 5 minutes to work, reload page, browser, or restart console and try again
      • If you are using a LAN connection and experience network issues, make sure all cables to router are in working order.

Steps:
      For best results with flash writer, here are the recommended steps.
      1. Install OFW 4.82 twice on the console you wish to flash to avoid the potential corruption error during CFW installation.
      2. Open the browser & browse to the ps3xploit.com website, go to the page of the exploit you need. Set the current page as browser homepage. Don't launch the exploit initialization. Close the browser.
      3. Open the browser. The exploit page will load automatically. Choose your path option.
      4. Press the exploit initialization button & wait until initialization succeeds. If it fails, follow the refresh/reload instructions on screen.
      5. Trigger the exploit by pressing the patch button.
      6. On success, load the ps3xploit.com flash dumper, dump the flash memory & validate it with py checker tool. Do NOT restart the console if ever the validation tool gives you errors/warnings on both ros0 & ros1 or you risk to partially brick your console. Report your problem instead.
      7. When you are satisfied with the dump validation, restart your console & install a 4.82 CFW.

• Frequency Asked Questions

Will this jailbreak my 3k/4k Ps3 Model and minver 3.60+?
      • NO,The Flasher Writer Tool is not Supported on those late Slim Models and SuperSlims, however PS3Xploit (v3.0) >>> LINK <<< does support those models with some hacks like (PS1/PS2/PSP/PS3 backup support)

Can i Install CFW with my PS3 Console (is my console compatible with the Flash Writer (CFW installer)?

• ps3fat.png
        Check this sticker on the back of your PS3 to view your PS3 Model.
        Flash Writer Model Compatibility (PHAT):
        • CECH-A01 (NAND)
        • B (NAND)
        • C (NAND)
        • E (NAND)
        • G (NAND)
        • H (NOR)
        • J (NOR)
        • K (NOR)
        • L (NOR)
        • M (NOR)
        • P (NOR)
        • Q (NOR)

• PS3 Slim.png

***IMPORTANT***
        You must pay very close attention to your PS3 SLIM Models depending on when the PS3 SLIM was manufactured will determine if your console can install CFW (Flasher Writer Compatibility).

For the 25XX series or even if your unsure about any of the models it is reccomnded you run the minverchk PUP >> (DOWNLOAD) & (How to use Minverchk) its a simply utility that show the factory installed firmware on your ps3 and for the CECH-25XX model if the utility shows 3.56 or lower you are compatible but if it shows 3.60 and higher that means your are NOT compatible to use the Flash Writer (CFW enabler for 4.82 CFW)

• Ps3 Super Slim.jpg
        • FLASH WRITER NOT COMPATIBLE (SUPERSLIM):
          • 4XXXA EMMC
          • 4XXXB NOR
          • 4XXXC NOR

Where can i find official info and details?
      Warning: Known Limitation
      • Due to the lack of proper checks after exiting the ROP chain, it is possible in some cases to obtain a success message despite an operation failure. For instance, if you choose a path where no device is plugged in, a dumper page will still display a success message despite the fact the dump save could not work. This limitation has already been addressed, the added operation checks will be part of an update to these PS3Xploit tools which will be released in the coming weeks, that update will be final, no more will come after it

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    Zazenora, SoJustMe and GGUmmy like this.
  2. 73
    Devilswarchild

Devilswarchild Forum Noob

Gaming, Youtube
    Alrighty I have to ask is anyone still hosting the v1.0 of this exploit anywhere cause this one gives my the "success for both initialization of the exploit and the patch but when I follow the directions and restart my console and try to install my cfw's (ferrox 4.82 755 v1.01 fails at 73% and the new one ferrox 4.82 7.30 fails at 72% both end up teeling me the data is corrupt) what am I doing wrong at this point Im wondering? hence why I asked if anyone is still hosting the v1 exploit for nand flash writer?

xlethalhawk likes this.
  3. 2
    xlethalhawk

xlethalhawk Forum Noob

also having issues with installing any cfw. it always fails at 69% . followed all directions exactly. tried everything and searched through other forums with the same problems. can't find a solution.

4. 7,422
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

There are already various posts in this forum, from me & various other members, detailing this issue & its solutions.

In short, there are several possible explanations, the following 3 are the most likely.

1. You haven't rebooted your console after patching the flash memory. Remember to validate a dump of your Flash memory before rebooting & applying a CFW.

2. The exploit succeeded but the patch was not applied correctly or the patch file was corrupted (extremely unlikely if you already rebooted successfully).
    Since its release, I have not had a single report of a badly applied patch. Only a small number of issues have come from people using the wrong patch file & omitting to check the patch file's md5 hash before proceeding.
    You should always validate a Flash memory dump after the patching to be certain anyway because a reboot after patching the wrong file is guaranteed to lead to a brick in 99.99% of cases.
    If you followed the instructions, you should already have done this step. What was the validator output?

3. This is a very common error made by users. Omitting to install 4.82 OFW twice before attempting to jailbreak with the Flash Writer 2.0, as we clearly instructed, leads to a strong risk of error when trying to apply the CFW after jailbreak. Luckily, you have 2 options to get out of this jam.
    A) Remove the internal hdd from the ps3. Wipe the first few sectors of the hdd on PC/reformat. Reinsert the hdd in ps3, boot the console & reinstall firmware as per screen instructions using a CFW PUP. Only downside, you would lose all the data on the hdd.
    B) Reinstall OFW 4.82 if the system lets you (it should let you! ). Patch the Flash Memory again with the Flash Writer 2.0 (use the HDD version, fewer risks of mistakes & USB related issues). Validate the Flash Memory after patching using pyps3checker & if validation is successful, reboot & install the CFW of your choice.

5. 2
    xlethalhawk

xlethalhawk Forum Noob

i got it working, it was human error and a very stupid one at that. i apologize for the wasted time.

6. 50
    SoJustMe

SoJustMe Forum Noob

what should i do then if both gives error ? how can i undo ?

shouldn't we dump it first?