PS3 PS3Xploit Tools v3.0 "HAN" released NoN CFW Compatible Slim & SuperSlim Models)

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by bguerville, Mar 13, 2018.

By bguerville on Mar 13, 2018 at 11:17 PM
  1. 7,335
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

UPDATE (OCT. 11 2018) - With the release of OFW 4.83 portions of PS3Xploit have been patched, The team is looking at workarounds, STAY ON 4.82, DO NOT UPDATE TO 4.83 AT THIS TIME:

The PS3Xploit Team has done it yet once again with an incredible breakthrough that has now just gone LIVE for everyone and as the recent teaser recently suggested it's for those later Slim & SuperSlim models who are not capable of using CFW (aka NoN CFW Compatible Models). While not a HEN (Homebrew Enabler) it's a volatile dose of "HAN" (short for etHANol). This version of the hack has evolved to offer something to every PS3 model now. All existing models will now have the ability to get PS3 games backup pkg installation and PS1/PS2/PSP emulators support among other features as outlined by developer bguerville who is going to take from here with this introduction of PS3Xploit v3.0 -- Codenamed: "HAN"
    -STLcardsWS​

PS3Xploit_HAN.png

• PS3Xploit Team is pleased to announce the official release of the PS3Xploit Tools v3.0 project nicknamed 'HAN'.

PS3Xploit Tools v3.0 is a suite of 6 tools supporting both official firmware versions 4.81 & 4.82. The only pre-requirement to use HAN is to have an activated PSN user account.
      It's recommend not to use your main PSN account but rather a spare one.
      Users should create a new secondary user account on the PS3 then activate a new PSN account in it.
      This secondary ps3 account should be used to perform all the pkg installations. Then for regular gaming, use the primary user account.

The principle behind HAN is quite simple, due to a vulnerability in the way npdrm content is managed, it is possible to resign game related files with custom keys, patch vsh & install resigned pkg from XMB.

The first tool, on the PC side, ps3xploit_rifgen_edatresign.exe should be used to generate rif files and create new signed_act.dat. You should place the act.dat/idps.hex, previously dumped with HAN ACT/IDPS Dumper, in the resigner directory and drag matching rap file for your game onto the executable file. Then rename the new "signed_act.dat" to "act.dat" and place it on USB drive along with the new rif file. The files are now ready to be pushed to the PS3 using the HAN ACT/RIF Copier.

** It is recommended to resign all the pkgs that require Han enabler with this tool**
      ** Packages which are converts and packages which needs rif activation **
      keep original act.dat in a safe place **

On the PS3 side, the other 5 ps3xploit tools are:
      1. HAN Installer - Copies necessary system files to PS3 to run HAN.
      2. HAN Enabler - Enables the HAN patches
      3. HAN ACT/IDPS Dumper - Dumps current user profile user act.dat & PS3 IDPS to USB.
      HAN ACT/RIF Copier - Copies the resigned act.dat & generated rif file from USB to the current user profile.
      5. HAN Debug PKG Enabler - Provided optionally for users wishing to install debug pkg. Note that if you run this patch you will not be able to install any pkg resigned with the ps3xploit resigner for HAN anymore until you reboot!

The 'HAN' project is solely relying on userland exploitation to provide digital backups support for the majority of PS3 Games as well as PS1/PS2/PSP Emulators (within the ps3 firmware) and the ability to install PKG files from USB. PS3 PKG Game backups need to be prepared using TABR like technique and only ps3 games having an available "game update" are supported.
      PKG files are installed from the Games XMB column, using a version of the Rebug Package Manager tweaked for this project. On USB of course, the FAT32 limitation of 4Gb is still in effect, it's a partition type limitation, nothing we can do about that. However workarounds using a local server can be used to remedy the situation if required.
      Important:
      To get best results initializing the exploit, remember to load the pages directly from a clean browser session. Never browse to an exploit page from other pages & never use a homepage other than blank or the exploit page you wish to use.
      We recommend to:
      1. Go to the ps3 browser homepage option & choose blank homepage.
      2. Create favourites to HAN Enabler & the other HAN pages you wish to use.
      3. Restart the browser.
      4. Use the favourites to access any page from complete scratch.
      5. Reload the browser between exploits.

• PS3Xploit Tools v3.0 - PS3 HAN Installer.png
      PS3Xploit Tools v3.0 Overview
      1. HAN style packages allowed (Patched external modules ecdsa)
      2. PSX/PSP Free license type allowed (Patched sceNpdrmHeader check)
      3. Resigned ACT.DAT & RIF allowed
      4. Cinavia protection removed on HDD content
      5. OFW Package Manager
      6. Debug pkg file support added (optional)
      7. reactPSN alternative solution for OFW users

• Instructions for Each Tool in v3.0

PS3 HAN Installer
      This tool will copy files from USB to Flash Memory to install OFW Package Manager.
      • Extract all files from "han_supportfiles.zip" on target USB drive root
      • Load Exploit Page
      • Select Root Path where these files are (default /dev_usb000/)
      • Click "Initialize HAN Installer" button
      • When init ready, click "Launch HAN Installation" button to copy files to flash and reboot
      • Once rebooted, you can now use the HAN Enabler and Debug Package Enabler

PS3 HAN Enabler
      This tool will enable the HAN patches.
      • Load Exploit Page
      • Click "Initialize HAN Enabler" button
      • When init ready, click "Enable HAN" button to activate patches
      • Once browser closes (default option) you can install HAN packages from XMB

PS3 HAN ACT/IDPS Dumper
      This tool will dump your activation file (act.dat) and your IDPS.
      • Load Exploit Page
      • Select Dump Path From Dropdown Box (default /dev_usb000/)
      • Click "Initialize ACT/IDPS Dumper" button
      • When init ready, click "Dump ACT.DAT & IDPS" button
      • The browser will close automatically by default

PS3 HAN ACT/RIF Copier
      This tool will write back to the PS3 a modified act.dat and *.rif file
      • Load Exploit Page
      • Change RIF File Name to match your target
        • example PS2 Placeholder: 2P0001-PS2U10000_00-0000111122223333
      • Select Root Path where act.dat/*.rif is located (default /dev_usb000/)
      • Click "Initialize AC/RIF Copier" button
      • When init ready, click "Copy Files" button to transfer to HDD

PS3 HAN Debug PKG Enabler
      This tool will allow Debug Package types to be installed if required. Do not use this tool if you install pkg files resigned with the ps3xploit resigner app.
      • Load Exploit Page
      • Click "Initialize HAN Debug PKG Enabler" button
      • When init ready, click "Enable Debug PKG" button to activate patches.
      • Once browser closes (default option) you can install Debug pkg packages from XMB.

• All files are hosted on http://www.ps3xploit.com
      (See ScreenShot below)

image.png

Official Website: www.Ps3Xploit.com / Official Forum @ www.PSX-Place.com

UPDATE (USEFUL LINKS)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2018 at 6:56 PM

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by bguerville, Mar 13, 2018.

1. C4rder
      C4rder
      But all the ps3s are comaptible with HAN?
    2. bguerville
      bguerville
      Yes.
    3. mcshooter
      mcshooter
      Hey there.It would be nice if you can put a compatibility list of pkgs psn games since I tested nfs hot pursuit 2 and most wanted 2012 which gave me a black screen with a frozen ps3 and thanks
    4. bguerville
      bguerville
      There is already a compatibility list for Bluray games conversion via Cfw2ofw/Ps3gameconverter. Games that don't have official updates are not compatible, others are usually compatible, some need specific tweaks.
      http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/CFW2OFW_Compatibility_List

PSN pkg are all 100% compatible so you cannot go wrong with them. ;)

You cannot expect the team to acquire every game, test compatibility & make a list. We are all currently busy with other things & tbph users are a much better source of data for compatibility than we ever would be.
      The wiki is made in such a way that anybody can add info to it. Users should do so whenever they find interesting data, it's imo the best way to build a proper list.
      Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    5. mcshooter
      mcshooter
      I tried nfs most wanted 2012 and nfs hot pursuit which gave me a black screen with a frozen ps3 ( I bought games from store 2 years ago ) that's why I asked for a list anyway thanks
    6. ucupthea
      ucupthea
      need help when i try to resigned my RAP files, the PC error...
      "you cannot run this program"
      i used Windows 10 32 bit
    7. bguerville
      bguerville
    8. Domin91
      Domin91
      Hello can i install patch to the game from psn(?) for pes2017 avaliable is 1.06 (on ***PlayStation Store*** is base version). If i will install game/account crash or all will be ok?
    9. Niander466
      Niander466
      PS3 EXPLOIT V4.0?
      I saw some news that is about to leave a new version of the HAN exploit sometime in the summer! Could you give me some explanations, is this true?
      Forgive my English.
    10. Ps3OfwUser
      Ps3OfwUser
      can someone tell me what changes there will be in ps3xploit 4.0
    11. bguerville
      bguerville
      @Ps3OfwUser
      Read this post. That's all the info I can give u for now.
      http://www.psx-place.com/index.php?posts/127740
      Niander466 and STLcardsWS like this.
    12. Samus_AranX
      Samus_AranX
      If there is a new system update for the PS3 will I not be able to use PSN normally with/without HAN if I update it?
    13. bguerville
      bguerville
      Impossible to say atm.
      Assuming that there is a new system update for starters, it will depend on the scope of the update.
      1. It could include patches to prevent HAN & all exploits we used in which case the project would be back to square one.
      If you update the system firmware, the HAN exploit won't work anymore, the only games that might still work are the already installed cfw2ofw conversions using lic.dat, not resigned with HAN, although this vulnerability could also get patched by s#ny in the update.
      2. It could simply include renewed certificates like last time but no patches, in which case HAN will be easily updated & it will be business as usual for HAN users.

Personally I still believe that s#ny will not bother patching its code which would give HAN a bright future, at least until the 4.8x kernel gets defeated & a full jailbreak makes HAN obsolete.
      Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
      Samus_AranX likes this.
    14. Samus_AranX
      Samus_AranX
      Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it. Im thankful for the release of HAN because I own a Super Slim and not the OG PS3 systems.
    15. Grafixeye
      Grafixeye
      I am getting the same issue mentioned by Blackbeast Can anyone tell me if there is a list of working games I have loaded need for speed hot pursuit pkg but I'm getting a black screen all the other games have worked but not this one has anyone else had this problem with the black screen
    16. bguerville
      bguerville
      PSN games are all compatible. Retail disc games that have an available official update are all compatible too in theory, however in practice some may require tweaking.
      Here is a compatibility list for disc conversions.
      http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/CFW2OFW_Compatibility_List
      http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Talk:CFW2OFW_Compatibility_List
    17. Blackbeast
      Blackbeast
      Grafixeye I never did get need for speed hot pursuit to work because there are no updates for it but let me know if you get it to work and how you done it. I did get need for speed rivals to work if that is any help for you
    18. bguerville
      bguerville
      A retail disc game on Bluray which does not have an official update available is de facto incompatible with HAN.
      Binary files included in an official update (pkg file) must replace original binaries from the disc to result in an effective conversion of the game, from retail to npdrm format. HAN is a npdrm format only exploit.
    19. Grafixeye
      Grafixeye
      Blackbeast need for speed rivals work for me. But Nfshp when i start stuck on black screen. When i delete the game update and start it again it show me the loading bar and stuck and freezes the console. Is there any things that can i do.
      Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    20. RotatingNut
      RotatingNut
      I'm a complete noob regarding this stuff (I only got into that whole HAN thingy a week ago), but I heard it's possible to install certain retail games as long as they have an update, right? However, I haven't been able to find that one "definitve" tutorial for such a procedure. Can someone please elaborate how a retail game with the corresponding update can be installed? Thx in advance.