Dismiss Notice

PSX-Place.com Announcement:

New Smiley's Added to post editor !!!

PS3Xploit V3.0 HAN - dumping act.dat issue

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreaks / CFW' started by Rasekhmet, Aug 8, 2018.

1. 2
    Rasekhmet

Rasekhmet Forum Noob

Hello,

I have been looking at the guide for the PS3Xploit V3.0 HAN, and it says I need to make a psn account attach to the ps3 account on the ps3. Do I need to make a psn account? The current version on the ps3 is 4.81 so the only way to make the account is to update to 4.82. I do not have any psn accounts on this ps3 right now, is there a way around this?

2. 3
    Charlie_Kain

Charlie_Kain Forum Noob

Yes you need to make a PSN account and you have to perform system activation (activate GAME) when signed in on the account.

It is possible to activate the account on a 4.81 firmware ps3. Follow this guide posted by a member of this site:
    www . psx-place . com/threads/tut-how-to-sign-in-on-ofw-4-81-activate-your-system.16603/

3. 2
    Rasekhmet

Rasekhmet Forum Noob

Thanks for the reply back. I got the HAN install, but having issues with getting the ACT.DAT and IDPS.HEX files. I can get the green message saying "HAN ACT/IDPS Dumper initialized successfully" but when I click on Dump ACT.DAT & IDPS, it fails with the message

"File dumping failed!!
    Error dumping file)(s):
    /dev_usb000/act.dat
    /dev_usb000/idps.hex"

I am trying to put this on the same USB I used for the first part, in the same USB slot (most right one). Anyone know what is going on?

4. 321
    Bloodmoons366466

Bloodmoons366466 Member

It takes a few tries.Make the exploit page your home page and keep trying till it works.

Also make sure your usb is on the far left usb slot,or it wont read off of usb 0

5. 3
    Charlie_Kain

Charlie_Kain Forum Noob

Just a correction to the previous response.
    The flash drive is inserted into the rightmost port (ie. nearest to the bluray drive).

DeViL303 likes this.