Ps4 bd disc drive remarry software for official disc use?

Discussion in 'PS4 Jailbreak, Exploits & Hacks' started by w0mbhanger, Feb 8, 2018.

1. 5
    w0mbhanger

w0mbhanger New Member

Looking to remarry bd drive to ps4 with bad logic board.
    Goal is to remarry for official use.
    Does this program exist? Is there a service mode?
    Actually I think I got a mobo ics blown after bd drive short so nevermind I don't need it now.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  2. 5
    w0mbhanger

w0mbhanger New Member

OK I do wish there was remarry software
    I got firmware 2.57 the mobo is fine.
    I have a good drive with a good board from another ps4 with video problem
    My problem is on pin 16 of the BD7763EFV chip on logic board. I traced back a short to this. Replacing chip is probally easiest to do since the ren looks smaller and I would say that's as small as it gets. Is any other part messed if the ribbon cable short result in drive motor power short. Question is any other part messed or just order a new chip or need another board part. A new boards like 9 bucks and a new chip is like 7. Problem is I have never done blow work and getting a bd chip off with iron can be hard. The ren definitely need air.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  3. 8,320
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

I believe I remember fsm on the ps4, so I think it exists. I don't know how much you can really do with it though. it may be impossible to remmary it thus far. @sandungas might know otherwise. I'm just thinking fsm is in debug settings which can be accessed on 4.05 I believe. package installer is in debug settings as well. there's an on/off selector for it.

4. 5
    w0mbhanger

w0mbhanger New Member

OK my multimeter was out the battery was corroded so now my meter works. I checked f03 said 1.53 I guess that's pin 19 is OK. That's the input power. Basically drive only pulls in. Maybe I got sent a total bunch drive. Or what the heck. I thought I had 2 good drives. Anyhow with the wrong drive it loads up disc and reads but error and error installing any new firmware and error loading user guide so I guess I don't know probally can't jailbreak it. Maybe with the bad drive it can install new firmware but I don't know I got a figure out how to USB on Android maybe I can micro SD it with a USB jack? I got this ps4 maybe the whole drive is a lemon like I though I broke the seal.
    Like for a ps3 there was some file for this you had to add to the service soft ware and tell in what model 2501 or 2001 or fatty. I can't find anything except Andrew paul hardware fix.
    Is this in debug mode? Before I go ordering parts.
    Anyhow there is a data sheet on the bd chip. Is there a Manuel override this by jumping anything?
    Like the motor never stops. It's the logic of that is blown I'm guessing it's a negative and positive out on 16 and 17 and 19 is in. I just got datasheet today and working meter. It's been 2016 since I messed with it until today.

5. 1,850
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

I dont know much the PS4 so i cant give you any advise
    But a tip to make ghetto reflows at home is to use a hair dryer, you can cover the hair dryer tip with aluminium foil (to create some kind of "cone" in the tip), this way the air flow is more concetrated so you can heat the circuit board more preciselly
    And as you probably know... you have to cover the other components of the board to protect them from heat... with aluminium foil too (or kapton tape)

For the old board there is no need to protect other components from heat though.... you could desolder it by heating it in a gas oven (not a microwave, not a electric oven) until all the board solder melts
    That components made of silice with pins all around can resist a lot of heat (a lot more than the solders used in his pins) so are not going to damage

6. 5
    w0mbhanger

w0mbhanger New Member

Yeah thanks so basically I have found no software and believe only Sony has it still? My heat gun turns out way to strong. So I blow 4 resistors off. So this is hard to do without the right station. I used a roofing heat gun. I could live with getting new 4 resistors but I heated board to quick too and now have a slight warp. Anyhow I got the bd chip off the suspect bad one. Got to get a good rig to even think about pulling ren chip. It's been sitting 2 years still waiting for software. Question is would it be easier to copy and refresh these chips? How hard is it flash and how many wires or solder points would that take I'm not too sure. Im good with single tip iron.

7. 1,850
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

There is a solder paste that comes in a tube, the texture is like a cream, this is used to solder chips with a lot of small pins
    Is very easy to solder with that and you only need a solder iron
    Not sure how expensive is it and if you are going to be able to find it in small amounts (because you only need a few of it)
    With that you can resolder the chip in the new board safelly

And of course, before powering the board check all the pins of the chip with a multimeter to verify there are no shorcuts caused by the resoldering work with the solder paste

8. 5
    w0mbhanger

w0mbhanger New Member

Umm Thx for help but on a bd77 chip it has 12 pads underneath so only air works on that. As for Flux I have 3 types here. I'm guessing maybe I can rig a tip or hose. Goal was to explore software instead of buying more tools. There wasn't an old board I was just going to get a new bd77. I guess I buy a good board and learn the ren chip swap thing as that half is still OK. Console still valuable for testing parts like this so maybe it's a sign I just need to buy more ps4 to fix. I was thinking air station were like 300 but some are 40 and some weller are 600. So ideal I get a 40 buck one and experiment on some old ps3 parts.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018