PS4 PS4 Hacks & Exploits in Relation to Click-Bait

Discussion in 'PS4 News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 23, 2016.

By STLcardsWS on Oct 23, 2016 at 11:20 AM
  1. 5,362
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Guys I am seeing it all over the net, alot of hype over this and that about this exploit or this useless thing people are trying to claim will lead to something. The PlayStation 4 stuff is a hot subject no doubt and we are seeing alot of CLICK BAIT from around the scene on these subject due to amounts of traffic a false claim or story can generate. Intentionally leaving you on cliffhangers /(for future hits) and misleading you to think something big is coming from that source of news they fabricated. When many times it has already been debunk years ago (yes old stuff gets recycled often) or its simply a fake dev that is created with some fake content.

I get asked from time to time about this story and that story and why we are not reporting the" progress ".. Well simply because its not progress in most cases, what it is people trying to get your clicks for ad-revenue. So things are not reported correctly and are intentionally misleading you, Or its some kid or immature adult that has nothing better to do then try and grow an e-peen on fake shit. Which sometimes leads to a scams for money / virus / malware ect.. ..​

Clickbait.jpg

Lets use a bit of common sense, the PS4 has alot of new hardware coming out in the near future. Do you honestly believe or think we will see anything significant beforehand? let me answer NO ... The hackers capable of this type (not the ones pretending to be) of thing know what is around the corner and again common sense would suggest we will not see nothing to progress the PS4 scene until that new hardware is in the wild. So i think we are in "lame duck" situation here awaiting for new hardware to come out. Not to say there will not be a useful thing here and there for 1.76, but the real progress would be hacking the current firmwares and there may be exploits already or maybe not, but if there is we will not see anything until new hardware arises. Just a personal assumption, but its just common sense guys.. There will be development still as there always i, but it won't be nothing public IMO and you would not want it to be if new firmware and hardware is coming as those efforts could get patched easily before the release of that hardware..

So be careful on what you read as we are in a "lame duck" situation and many dis-honest sites & people will try and fool you. Make you think XX person is close to this and that and when in reality its not the case at all. There is a reason why many PS4 stories to this point have not panned out on some of these unreliable sources.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    T.A.U, DeViL303, tonybologna and 2 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS4 News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Hilongo
      Hilongo
      Well.. can't be clearer than this.

But as the say goes... "common sense is the least common of the senses" ;)
    2. nabarlats11
      nabarlats11
      Me quedo en 3.55 o actualizo?
    3. bguerville
      bguerville
      You should not. Not yet at least, not unless you have no other choice.
      No-one knows yet which fw version will eventually be used in the next ps4 hack. If you update & it turns out to be 3.55, you will not be able to go back. At least not until keys are leaked.
      nabarlats11 likes this.
    4. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      I kind of disagree a bit here, Let me explain, If something would work on 3.55 more then likely it would work on later firmwares (if released when those later firmwares are out). Things get patched and that is what keeps us having to use lower firmware on devices. Things do not get patch beforehand as there is no way for Sony to know what has been exploited and how it was exploited in order to patch it. Now they can get lucky and discover something that other hackers have and patch it, but this is not likely to happen IMO. Odds are very slim on that.
    5. bguerville
      bguerville
      Maybe true but It's still a gamble no matter how you rationalise it..
      Also right now there isn't so much to gain by updating.... Unless you are desperate to play a brand new game... Otherwise a couple of features?
      I would still wait...Better play it safe than cry my eyes out in a few weeks/months... Now who is hopeful? [emoji3]
      STLcardsWS and nabarlats11 like this.
    6. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Nothing wrong with playing it safe, but could be to safe, but all this is just theory as we are not even sure an exploit is coming. Not in anyway suggesting there is but using common sense we are in that "lame duck" period.
      bguerville likes this.
    7. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2016
      STLcardsWS likes this.
    8. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Why. Has there not been endless click bait?. No there's been a high number. My point still stands.

Has there not been a huge number of fake stories about ps4 progress?. Linux is cool but it's not great
      I would not buy a ps4 for just linux

The main point of the story is about clickbait first and foremost
      Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    9. atreyu187
      atreyu187

No the clickbait was and is DEAD on. I was in total agreement that didn't think anything would have been released for the PS4 as I would have hoped they would have waited till release of the slim and neo. I didn't think we would see anything above 1.76 for years TBH due to the hacker that released the 1.76 kernel hack is working for the security portion of FreeBSD. But this is yet to be seen as real and I should also say if this is legit I for sure have to eat my own words as I just told pinky I saw no point in staying on 3.55 for the PS4. I didn't mean it in an ill way just poorly chosen words.
      STLcardsWS likes this.