PS4 developer valentinbreiz has released PS4 Linux Loader for 4.55 FW, this release is a payload that will allow user's to install Linux on your 4.55 (Exploited) PS4, last week we seen several hacks that have been patched on current firmware released by various scene developer's, coming in pieces from a variety of devs, you can get a summary of events that took place in this article from several days ago, but Ps4 Linux was one of the first developed projects on the PS4, Team Fail0verflow has had many elements of their linux port polished and is worth installing if you have a exploited PS4. Using the Steam App on the PS4 is even possible which opens the door to some additional playable games. PS4 linux does open the door to many uses and functions. Have you used Linux on the PS4. tell us your experiences in the comments below
PS4 Linux Loader
A simple payload that let you run Linux on your 4.55 PS4. Works! Vultra helped a lot to port PS4 Linux Loader on 4.55!
How to build
- I use https://github.com/xvortex/ps4-payload-sdk to compile it. You also need to compile https://github.com/fail0verflow/ps4-kexec and place 'kexec.bin' into this folder. Compile kexec with 'make CFLAG='-DPS4_4_55 -DKASLR -DNO_SYMTAB'.
How to use
- For now only some PS4 FAT models are supported, see the list >>> Here.
- You need a FAT32 formatted USB drive plugged in on any PS4's USB port with the following files on the root directory : bzImage and initramfs.cpio.gz. You can download them here.
- Then you will need to send the payload (PS4-Linux-Loader.bin) to your PS4. For that go to your PS4 web browser, send the payload to your PS4 using netcat or other.. (You can also use my tool: PS4 Payload Sender).
- Port MN864729 transmitter in Linux for a working video output on newer PS4 (WIP).
Credits and links
- Thanks for 2much4u, Darbnes and jiangwei and thanks for the testers f1ras and kojo9999.
- For the kexec execution: https://github.com/kR105-zz/PS4-dlclose/tree/linux-loader
- For kexec: https://github.com/fail0verflow/ps4-kexec
- For more explanations: https://cturt.github.io/ps4-3.html
- For executing code in kernel space: https://github.com/VV1LD/405-KernelDumper
PS4 PS4 Linux Loader - 4.55 Support added by valentinbreiz
By STLcardsWS on Mar 3, 2018 at 7:13 PM
PS4 Linux - Now Supporting SLIM & PRO Models w/ Video-OutWhen the Fail0verflow Team was developing their PS4-Linux port at the time we just had the original Ps4 models. As we have seen the PlayStation 4 mature with newer Ps4 Slim and Ps4 Pro models released, along with recent 4.xx exploits for those models. There was a need to add full support for those models and ps4 developer eeply has provided now provided those models with Video-Out Support, so that should make things a bit easier to use. Continue reading
PS3 PKG Ripper v1.4.2 - Critical Bug Fixed (All user's are advise to update older builds)After a critical bug was unfortunately found by some user's of this popular utility that makes quick work of extracting your PKG files the dev arrives with a fix. The bug would occur if the process of extracting was aborted and would delete the output directory, depending on the output directory it could erase and cause the user's a giant headache. Developer Rudi Rastelli acknowledge the issue and took care of it with this update of version 1.4.2. Anyone using Any previous versions of this utility are advised to update, this will ensure you do not experience this bug that could potentially wipe your drive or important folders clean.
REBUG Lite CFW updated to v4.82.2 (COBRA 7.55 w/ Homebrew Blocker)Since @DeViL303 and @pink1 showed us their very useful "HAN Toolbox" for your PS3, @Joonie and others from the Rebug Team updated their Custom Firmware to REBUG Lite v4.82.2 (w/ COBRA 7.55) , not only with some important changes and fixes, but also supporting the HAN Toolbox on-the-fly.
(UPDATE : Details about HAN Toolbox inclusion (from Joonie / DeViL303 >>>> see post(s) <<<<<)Continue reading
Share This Page
Latest: Troy McGrath, Mar 22, 2018 at 6:14 AM
Latest: autior, Mar 22, 2018 at 6:11 AM
Latest: ShaolinAssassin, Mar 22, 2018 at 6:06 AM
Latest: zumbae, Mar 22, 2018 at 6:04 AM
Latest: nCadeRegal, Mar 22, 2018 at 5:32 AM
Latest: Rudi Rastelli, Mar 22, 2018 at 5:20 AM
Latest: Sakimotor, Mar 22, 2018 at 4:42 AM
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: