PS4 developer valentinbreiz has released PS4 Linux Loader for 4.55 FW, this release is a payload that will allow user's to install Linux on your 4.55 (Exploited) PS4, last week we seen several hacks that have been patched on current firmware released by various scene developer's, coming in pieces from a variety of devs, you can get a summary of events that took place in this article from several days ago, but Ps4 Linux was one of the first developed projects on the PS4, Team Fail0verflow has had many elements of their linux port polished and is worth installing if you have a exploited PS4. Using the Steam App on the PS4 is even possible which opens the door to some additional playable games. PS4 linux does open the door to many uses and functions. Have you used Linux on the PS4. tell us your experiences in the comments below
PS4 Linux Loader
A simple payload that let you run Linux on your 4.55 PS4. Works! Vultra helped a lot to port PS4 Linux Loader on 4.55!
How to build
- I use https://github.com/xvortex/ps4-payload-sdk to compile it. You also need to compile https://github.com/fail0verflow/ps4-kexec and place 'kexec.bin' into this folder. Compile kexec with 'make CFLAG='-DPS4_4_55 -DKASLR -DNO_SYMTAB'.
How to use
- For now only some PS4 FAT models are supported, see the list >>> Here.
- You need a FAT32 formatted USB drive plugged in on any PS4's USB port with the following files on the root directory : bzImage and initramfs.cpio.gz. You can download them here.
- Then you will need to send the payload (PS4-Linux-Loader.bin) to your PS4. For that go to your PS4 web browser, send the payload to your PS4 using netcat or other.. (You can also use my tool: PS4 Payload Sender).
- Port MN864729 transmitter in Linux for a working video output on newer PS4 (WIP).
Credits and links
- Thanks for 2much4u, Darbnes and jiangwei and thanks for the testers f1ras and kojo9999.
- For the kexec execution: https://github.com/kR105-zz/PS4-dlclose/tree/linux-loader
- For kexec: https://github.com/fail0verflow/ps4-kexec
- For more explanations: https://cturt.github.io/ps4-3.html
- For executing code in kernel space: https://github.com/VV1LD/405-KernelDumper
PS4 PS4 Linux Loader - 4.55 Support added by valentinbreiz
By STLcardsWS on Mar 3, 2018 at 7:13 PM
PS4 NES - Full Speed NES Emulator (5.05 FW) by m0rph3us1987
Last week we seen developer flatz add C# Code & OpenGL Support to the PS4 and slowly it has appeared that the homebrew scene is starting to gain some traction as we keep seeing new release and progress made forward,. Today developer m0rph3us1987 take's his POC NES Emulator and adds a full-Speed, the emulation is based on LaiNES emulator..With this version the dev has also stated PAL Roms will have better emulation then NTSC roms currently. You can see a sample of some footage of this ps4 homebrew in action via a short clip provided by @wa7ly on twitter.
This release is only for PS4 Firmware 5.05 (exploited)
4.83 OVERFLOW COBRA (v7.3 lite) CFW &- NoBD / NoBT versions Released@Bobby_Downgrades not only released a suite of 4.83 STANDARD CEX CFW for the PS3, but also a suite of 4.83 COBRA CFW, developer Alexander recently also released a COBRA CFW now he two will differ a bit as this one from @Bobby_Downgrades is based off COBRA v7.3 (a lite version), so while both are 4.83 Cobra CFW the payloads while very similar are different versions.. The COBRA Editions contain all the Standard CEX features plus the extra Cobra features, plugin support, ISO Support, Network Streaming Support for Game over your local network are just some of those features added with the Cobra payload. Additional information about this release can see below along with the NoBD and NoBT editions to go along for those damaged console that rely on those type of builds.Continue reading
4.83 OVERFLOW CFW - STANDARD CEX / NoBD & NoBT editions Released
Following the release of 4.83 FERROX COBRA, we have developer @Bobby_Downgrades who has dropped various editions of 4.83 Custom Firmware, first off is a suite of standard cex choices, If your console is running perfectly fine and has no damaged components the the regular standard cex will do just fine, but you have an issue where BD / Logic Board or the Bluetooth/WiFi chip then there is special version of the firmware to bypass those components and allow for your PS3 to be used agai (minus those components)
This Standard CEX features all the usual CFW Patches for operating Homebrew App and personal backups, plus a few extra options for this CFW that can be seen in the details belowContinue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
Boots to "APPS". Art can be 320x480 (exactly 1/2 screen). Theme for CoverArt lovers -UniqueUserName