Dismiss Notice

PSX-Place.com Announcement:

New Smiley's Added to post editor !!!

PS4 PKG Creation Errors

Discussion in 'General PS4 Discussion.' started by pinky, May 5, 2018.

1. 8,593
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

I've been trying to make pkgs of all of my games, but I've run into a snag. out of about 25 games/patches, 3 or 4 get a file not found error with ps4 pkg creator. I'm not sure if it's a bad dump, bad gp4, or if it just doesn't like the folder that the dump where the dump is located. I don't think it's the last one since all of my other games are inside the same main folder. I'm not so sure it's a bad dump either since some of these are patches to games that were created successfully. that leads me to a bad gp4. the error seems to be towards the folder with my gp4s. I stored all of those in the same folder that I'm creating pkgs in. I looked at the error logs and it points to that folder as the problem each time yet I've successfully made a pkg of say 20 games/patches. has anyone encountered this error? I plan to recreate the gp4s once I finish making a pkg of every game that I have. also, I looked at the gp4s in a text editor, and the location for each file seems correct.

2. 8,593
    pinky

alright, I just tried creating another gp4 and in a different location as well as a redump of the game = same error. :( I don't understand what the problem is, but I'm thinking it's a conflict between the PARAM.SFO and the EBOOT.BIN. also, for some reason, the patch has a lower app version than the game.

3. 8,593
    pinky

https://ps4.octolus.net/

all four I'm having trouble with are patches. here's a good site with minimum firmware version, title id, patch size, and patch downloads. I guess the patches aren't fake signed. still failure on all four patches. it doesn't make any sense.

4. 190
    Yugonibblit

Yugonibblit Member

Mechanic
    Game update?????

5. 8,593
    pinky

yes, that's what that website has, but they're not fake signed, so they won't work if you uninstall the game, then install a fake signed pkg. the error I keep getting with only four patches is "the specified path does not exist." the game dumps and the gp4s are in the same directories. I even redumped the game after install a patch from that website. game booted up fine, but the patch still gives that same error. I think there's something wrong with the fake pkg signer app.

6. 8,593
    pinky

I may have found a way around this, but I can't guarantee that the game will work. this time, I opted not to separate the patch and the game. it built a pkg.

oddly, the only games with this problem are psn games. however, dq dumped both the patch and the game. strider, one of the games that doesn't work, doesn't even have any icons in the patch. another patch that doesn't work, street fighter v, does have them. I'll keep a copy of just the game and a copy of the game and patch together just in case for when I do format the system (if I ever do). :-p

7. 8,593
    pinky

first install - bloodborne (game and patch separate) - successful. :D I just have 3 more games to rip and test, and that will be my entire retail game collection. the ones with the problematic patch are Axiom Verge, Street Fighter V, Mega Man Legacy Collection, and Strider. I opted instead to keep the patch dump and create a pkg of the full game (patch + game). all were successful. someone on temp told me that patches don't always work correctly if separate, but full games always work. that does seem to be the case here. I'm going to install the remaining games, then keep the pkgs/dumps on my external hdds as backup. I'll have to separate the backups since I don't have enough space on any one drive.

oh, yeah, I also backed up my saves, trophies (the full home directory actually), app.db, and appcont.db. strangely, I couldn't find the temp directory for game decryption (games are now just pkg files). I thought I'd look in the app.db, but the value for the key, game directory (it's called something like that), is just a mysterious number like 0 or 2. this is unlike the vita's which will have the location to an eboot.pbp for example. I guess only the system knows what that number means or perhaps the dev responsible for the app dumper. :-p

8. 8,593
    pinky

here's something I had forgotten about...since the vita does the same thing, but fake signed game installs will not work with saves from legit games (retail) or psn games. the reason is that you're using an encrypted save with a decrypted game. if you load a save like this, the save will become corrupt and no longer usable, even with the legit version of the game, so be careful. I remembered this after loading one save, but I did test all three fake signed games I had (never played bloodborne, so...). I only had about 10 hours total among those games and the last one I hadn't been played since April of 2016, so it wasn't a big deal. I don't even think I remember what was going on in the games (Star Ocean 5, Tales of Zesteria, and Final Fantasy X HD Remastered). however, I do have a backup of those saves from before trying a fake signed install.

if you use a disc and that same game is installed on the system, the system will automatically delete the game. :-/ ...so it's difficult to test games and saves like this. I'd suggest making a backup with that backup payload. though, it didn't seem to backup the full star ocean 5 save. I may have to test if the save works. however, as I said, it will delete the digital version if you try a legit save with the retail version.

I just discovered something. if you backup your saves, delete the digital version (since you're now using the retail version) as well as those saves, save at least once in the game (or multiple times if you have multiple saves), transfer over the save folder (i.e. user//home/savedata/title id), the saves will work. it will still show the incorrect location, time, etc, but I think that's due to the save database (there is one). just immediately save the game again to fix it. ;)

9. 8,593
    pinky

use the DB & SG Backup payload by the Stooged. I backed up everything before messing around with encrypted saves. here's a pic of two of my backup hdds. :-p

upload_2018-5-8_13-8-16.png

10. 1,345
    Berion

Berion Developer

As I know, games for PS4 have save file placeholder, which is copying to user dir into savedata location. So if game is decrypted, all it's resources is decrypted, but old save is still encrypted and no longer match. That's the reason why they are not work. Problem could be solved by some kind of save manager which support double decryption/encryption (by PFS for games and PFS for user data) or even better, tool on PC for managing exported saves.

BTW: Could You list files from save data and trophy? I don't have hacked PS4 and access to such console. On dev wiki such info does not exist yet.

Are You sure? AFAIK it is not deleted but executable container + meta replaced + change info in db. ;) This is how it works for demo/trial (which is in most cases just full game without license); when You put disc with this game, it is not installed from disc, just replaced some files from disc (but this is confusing me a little because what about version mismatching?).

11. 8,593
    pinky

I figured as much after the first save I tried didn't work. it will corrupt the save making it not work even with the retail game after that. I wonder if you could modify the save db to restore the save or if the save itself is actually corrupted. aside from my method to restore saves, I believe you can transfer over the saves, then rebuild the database as well, but I find my method better. I don't remember seeing a rebuild the database option in debug settings, so you may have to go through the recovery menu. I know when I rebuilt the database one of my saves was restored. I then deleted the saves, created a new save, then transferred over my backed up saves. after that, you just have to load the save up and resave to update the save database. I'm pretty sure that you can't just transfer over the saves as they won't be in the save database. rebuilding the database or updating the save database will work though. ;)

trophies seem to be the same with two files - sealedkey and trophy.img . saves, though, have unique names which I'm sure the save database takes care of. I did notice that not all files were backed up with that payload, but the saves still work normally if transferred back.

yes, the system will say that it can't play the retail version if the digital version is installed. if you try installing a game, and have already played the retail version, the system will say that the game is already installed, would you like to overwrite. I think what may be happening is that the system can't have the same game in two different locations. I did encounter an error by allowing the system to delete the game, then reinstall the meta from a retail disc. my bluray drive got all wonky, so I had to delete the metadata, then reinstall. after that, everything worked fine.

12. 1,345
    Berion

Berion Developer

It is not corrupted, it is not recognize. I wrote probably why. ;]

Indeed. On i.e PS3 games from disc and digital distribution having different GameID and different path. I was thinking before that the same is on PS4 until I borrowed from girlfriend disc version of Little Nightmares.

I'm asking about save dir because after export I ended up with at least two files:
    • <custom filename, often default from sdk, without extension>
    • <like above>.bin
    BIN have always 96B and it's always the same across the same game. But save file is every time different (even if You do not made changes in game and just export second time the same "file" and it will be different). So I'm just curious how it looks like on "real dir". My conclusions is *.bin is some kind of index (i.e id/path) but save itself is encrypted with some additional seed like i.e timestamp.

13. 8,593
    pinky

I have one, maybe two, saves for a certain game that's about 10-15 files. tales of zestiria's save is 2 files per save though. one of them is a .bin from what I remember. I'm not on my new laptop with the save dumps, so I'm basing this on memory. :)

yeah, I think they're the same since the digital version has been ripped from a disc, so it's not a true digital version.

14. 8,593
    pinky

@Berion , there may be more trophy files. the db and sg payload seems to dump only the important files. that's how restoring my save worked without needing this other mysterious file. I can't recall if that file was recreated with my saves at the beginning of the game though but I'm thinking not. another game has like 15 files to it, but that backup tool only backed up 7 or 8 of those files, so it's a mystery to me. I only created that mini-tutorial in order for people to restore their games if they wanted to use a disc again. you may be right about the saves not being corrupted. they may be null'd in the save database by some value. I was thinking of adding that mini-tutorial to my ps4 tutorials, but it might be too short. though, I have ps3 tutorials that short. ;)

15. 1,345
    Berion

Berion Developer

Would You kindly copy all data from user partition via FTP (is possible, is it?) and use "tree" (Linux app) to make it nice visual? That's will make all clear. On PS3 and PSV, trophies are always in "$user/trophy/" (on PSV split into two partitions, where memory card contain only images). So maybe on PS4 too?

16. 8,593
    pinky

here's what it looks like:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Berion likes this.
  17. 1,345
    Berion

Berion Developer

Oh, strange. It looks like trophy file is some kind of archive or maybe even mounted on demand image as name suggesting. Thanks.

PS: "*_BK" You can probably delete. ;) It is backup making by system right before DLC editing.

18. 8,593
    pinky

I just found the title id in the trophy image file. it's only listed once, and it's near the bottom of the file. I've never looked at a ps3 trophy file in this manner so it may be the same. one of those "bk" games is street fighter v according. you can check games by title id and their minimum firmware requirement (based on latest patch) with this site: https://ps4.octolus.net/

19. 1,345
    Berion

Berion Developer

Additional trophies comes with DLC and patches which covers DLC. When game is launching, old set get suffix and new one is edited from old and TRP from disc/unpkg.

20. 8,593
    pinky

I don't have any dlc for street fighter v. I do have a patch, but it's not the latest since the latest requires 5.xx. it's not going to matter, though, since I bought the game with one of those humble bundles (gave the rest away on here), I've never actually played the game. I was waiting patiently on a hack. ;)

out of 13 games, only 3 didn't have a patch. I think only two games have bk.

here's the trp section:
    upload_2018-5-18_17-41-45.png

Last edited: May 18, 2018