PS4 PS4 PKG Linker 1.0

A PC side GUI tool to go with the PS4 remote package installer from flatz.

1. 7
    Kleyon

Kleyon Forum Noob

Don't have this kind of issue, sorry! Transfer rate is and stay good for me.

I just want to report a bug I am experiencing. I'm running on an up-to-date Windows 10 Pro x64 and I have needed Visual C++ packets now but each time I try to install another FPKG after successfully installed one, when I click on FPKG icon under PS4 PKG Linker, application stop responding, data concerning FPKG (like CUSA...) are not updated.

I have to click two or three times on PS4 PKG Linker's window to be prompted by Windows 10 to:
    -Try to recover application
    -Wait til application respond
    -Close application
    So I choose to try to recover it and FPKG infos are updated, from here I can install FPKG again.

I don't know if it could be linked, just want to provide a maximum of details on config I am using, so there's no DHCP, all devices are addressed manually and I have cached HEN 1.8 on my PS4 using AlAzif's Exploit Host.

pink1 likes this.
  2. 1,310
    pink1

pink1 Moderator Developer

I’ll check it out. The app may waiting for a response from the ps4. If so I need to add a loading bar or something when it’s doing that.

I’m also looking into a different server because I have had other reports about the one we’ve been using being slow.

Also I can build any updates into an installer that would install the Visual C++ packets and get everything ready.

3. 7
    Kleyon

Kleyon Forum Noob

So if application is waiting a response from PS4, maybe I need to launch Remote Package Installer before selecting next FPKG to install? (In most of cases I test FPKG I installed before launching another install, so I close Remote Package Installer).

Yep an installer could be a good idea, mostly for novice users. I'm not really one but I have to confess I'm not particularly familiar with Visual C++ so it takes me time to understand vcruntime140 was referring to 2015 version.

Anyway, of course, your efforts are highly appreciated and for sure I'll look forward to what will become this application.

pink1 likes this.
  4. 1,310
    pink1

I think the RPI app needs to be open to start sending the pkg. I may need to read the instructions again about that part. I left it open while testing.

Thank you.

5. 7
    Kleyon

Kleyon Forum Noob

Yes RPI needs to be started on PS4 before sending FPKG, but usually I start it after I selected FPKG on PS4 PKG Linker. Then I just place cursor's mouse on install button and switch my TV screen to my PS4. From here I start RPI and click on my mouse... waiting for the notification to pop-up.

I do it that way cause if I start RPI first then switch my TV screen to my PC, I click on install button and when I'm back to my PS4 nothing pop-up. Sometimes RPI is freezing too (forcing me to hold PS button and to close app).

So when I select next FPKG to install (and before clicking on install) RPI isn't running. Well seems like it's not a problem when installing first FPKG.

PS: I must admit, if I don't have experienced slow transfer rates, however notification is a bit long to pop-up.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  6. 1,310
    pink1

I've plaid around with some settings and a few different servers & the only one that I think I can easily add that will speed things up is the node.js server that flatz said he used. I haven't tested on the PS4 but the loading time on my phone is much faster. The only down side is that the 2 buttons on the server page(server info & server status) won't work with it & no php. Not a big loss as this project isn't using php & most users probably never use those buttons anyway.
    I'm not going to add the new server but I think I will add support for it. So I should be able to run the command serve --version & if serve is installed I will add an option on the server tab to use it. I'm still testing so I'll add more info as I get something going.

I'm not a server guy so I'm always interested in hearing any ideas on things like this.

7. 1,310
    pink1

To try to help with the reports of the server being slow I've been testing out different setups. After trying a few servers I'm testing the one flatz used and it seems to fix the problem, the loading speed to the browser has a large speed increase.
    This test build has support for Node.js serve added. No new servers were added to use Node.js serve you need to install it yourself using yarn. This is easily done using Chocolatey.
    If I have good reports I can try to write something on getting serve setup.

Capture.PNG

https://github.com/pink1stools/PS4_PKG_Linker/releases/tag/v1.0.1

bguerville, Louis Garry and Algol like this.
  8. 1,310
    pink1

bguerville likes this.
  9. 2
    John-Tony

John-Tony Forum Noob

cant get it work, i tried installing when the was menu, and in mira hen with waitng package. What state must the ps4 be in to work? I dont get any error codes either, just nothing happends when i press install

10. 1,310
    pink1

I had added an updater to this but wasn't happy with the look or how it worked so I've been working on making my own updater that I can add to any of my projects. The old updater didn't match the style of the apps and made you download the update from your browser. Mine will match the your style and color of the tool plus it downloads and installs the update for you.
    It's nothing exciting but I like it better :)

Here are some shots of the update page.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And here are some of the updater running.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] .

11. 7
    Kleyon

Kleyon Forum Noob

Just tested v1.0.3 using node.js server. I find application a way more stable using this one, install request is really fast to pop-up on PS4 but seems like I can't do better than 70Mo/s (should be 100Mo/s).

12. 1,310
    pink1

Back when we were making pkg linker v2 we had talked about a web interface but I don't have the skill for that.
    Today I talked to toxxic407 about his ps4-pkg-store, I have two ideas.
    1. Create a json on myjson.com with all of local the pkgs & show a link to enter into the settings page of ps4-pkg-store.
    2. Add ps4-pkg-store in with PS4 PKG Linker and replace the pkg.json with the one we make while the tool loads.

SAM696 likes this.