PS4 scene's current status.

Discussion in 'General PS4 Discussion.' started by Scorpion355, Jan 5, 2019.

1. 167
    Scorpion355

Scorpion355 Member

It seems that we were more than lucky to have 5.05 exploit released publicly, knowing that the 5.55 or 6.00 exploit probably exists and not being released publicly just kills the ps4scene, what's the point of keeping it in secret anymore? And the recent revealed "video app exploit" seems like an interesting idea, but Sony will likely patch their video apps before someone even tries to make something out of it. The "top secret" method also turned out to be pretty disappointing and nothing new, this was discovered way before, just because the lack of people hearing about it doesn't make it a"top secret" method. What do you think fellas, will we see any news for the ps4 scene?

2. 7,010
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    News? Hmm..
    Reicast emulator port is in the works, Retroarch port seems to be very close to release. There is abandoned project based on ogl, by CrazyVoid. Not really sure what it is, but source was published if someone want to finish it. Also next Mira public release is slowly getting closer, but there is no eta as not all 1.1 milestones are done yet. Not so long time ago xlink kai added support for PS4, so few games allow to be played online now. This time without using additional payloads afaik. Someone (iirc is specter) is working on Guitar Hero clone game, but this one is also delayed for now.

Looks like there is no plan to release new exploit, as this is pointless now. And to be honest there is no clear confirmation that any new exploit exist. Maybe is better. Nothing more than piracy will get profit, there is no way to play online (using PSN). But that only my opinion. For now, and for near future having 2 PS4 is only way to enjoy latest games, and homebrew scene. So PS4 scene for sure is not dead, but you need to wait little bit longer to see that progress.

About "video app exploit". This is just entrypoint based on webkit if i understand that correctly. Useful, but is just another way to trigger kernel exploit. Kernel exploit that may even no exist yet.

Scorpion355 likes this.
  3. 167
    Scorpion355

Scorpion355 Member

So you think it's time to Update? I'm still on 5.55

4. 7,010
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    I have no idea.