A very useful feature has been introduced to the PSNpatch plugin, with the release of version
v2017.02 , the plugin already had the ability to refuse a PSN login if disable CFW syscalls (CFW disabling) was not enabled, which prevents those accidental logins before you disabled those CFW syscalls, which has been believed to prevent alot of bans, but this update takes it even a step farther but also disabling the ability to launch Homebrew with the new Homebrew Blocker feature that is activated (by default) when using the plugin to disable your cfw syscalls, which is essentially temporary disabling CFW until the next boot, this new update makes this feature an even safer option for accidental things such s launching a homebrew when your connected to PSN.
- Latest Changelog
- Release Quote (via kokotonix)
- About Homebrew Blocker
- Support / Usage Info / Report a Bug
Latest PSNpatch Update v2017.02/B
- NEW HOMEBREW BLOCKER for PSNPatch plugin (read full usage details in docs);
- Homebrew Blocker configurable trough PSNPatch main app TOOLBOX;
- Instructions heavily updated to incorporate homebrew blocker - read them before placing questions !
- Source code from the homebrew blocker module included with PSNPatch official distribution.
- Source code for the PSN Servers lock module included in PSNPatch official distribution.
- Homebrew blocker will block known homebrews and invalid title ids when syscalls are disabled;
- It works only from PSNPATCH plugin;
- Compatible with cobra and non-cobra (if plugin loader is installed).
- Supports old, present and future firmware versions.
- When cobra gets updated with its own blocker, psnpatch will detect and use it.
- Carefully read instructions to properly understand how it works.
- A very special THANK YOU to @aldostools for the suggestions made in optimizing the algorithm that identifies the unofficial title ids
"As you can see in the previous tab , psnpatch was updated to 2017.02/B. A new homebrew blocker is included in the psnpatch plugin - in the plugin only. It is enabled by default. If you don't want to use it, go into: PSNpatch XMB Application ----> Toolbox Menu and disable it there. The homebrew blocker blocks homebrew execution when CFW Syscalls are disabled. Execution will be locked until the next reboot. The homebrew blocker runs in cobra, near-cobra (mamba) and non-cobra systems. This implementation is compatible with eventually future cobra updates for core homebrew blockers.
The approach used is detailed in the homebrew_blocker module source code included in this pasnpatch distribution It was heavily tested, namely simulating crashes, forced reboots, recovery menu accesses, file system recovery and database rebuilds. Up to know is failsafe proof, but as usual there is no warranty
Please note that without @aldostools proposing and optimized detectiom algorithm, it would take a lot of time to release this. (thank you aldo).
As usual, every detail is in the first post of this thread.
And full DOCUMENTATION and FAQ is included in the distribution file
PLEASE READ THE RELEASE NOTES AND FAQS, NAMELY THE HOMEBREW BLOCKER PART TO FULLY UNDERSTAND HOW IT WORKS AND WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE ANY FUNCTIONALITY ISSUES.
Win some time for yourself and everybody: read first ask next
Or as I prefer to say: R T F M !!!"
HOMEBREW BLOCKER When CFW is disabled from the PSNPatch plugin, HOMEBREW execution will be locked.
This will protect from running homebrew when connected to the PSN thus avoiding being easily detected !
Every TITLE ID that does not start by the letters in the following list will be automatically locked:
Additionally the following TITLE ID's are explicitly blocked (black listed):
- BLES806** // Multiman and assorted tools are in the format BLES806**
- BLJS10018 // PSNPatch Stealth (older versions were already detected as non-NP/BC/BL form the previous list)
- BLES08890 // PSNope by user
- BLES13408 // FCEU NES Emulator
- BLES01337 // Awesome File Manager
- BLND00001 // dev_blind
It is possible to control the usage of the homebrew blocker trough the TOOLBOX menu in PSNPatch main application.
NOTES for cobra users:
- PSNPATCH PLUGIN MUST BE INSTALLED FOR THE HOMEBREW BLOCKER TO WORK.
- Error 80010006 (bad installation) will be reported when trying to execute a locked homebrew.
- After homebrew is blocked, it will be automatically unlocked at the next reboot.
- If your system crashes and goes into the recovery menu, cobra will disable all plugins.
- To resume normal homebrew usage, one should re-install psnpatch, go to toolbox, re-enable psnpatch plugin, and apply (reboot).
- Checkout the PSNpatch Support Thread for additional details about this PS3 Homebrew App/Plugin
Download: psnpatch v2017.02/B (Sendspace)
PS3 PSNpatch v2017.02/B - New Homebrew Blocker Feature when CFW (syscalls) is disabled
By STLcardsWS on Jan 28, 2017 at 10:32 AM
Custom PKG on Retail PS4 - New method shown by flatz via videoHacker flatz is well known in the PlayStation Hacking community for many advancements and projects now is doing some things on his PS4 that contains 4.55 firmware. On his YouTube channel he released a new video titled "Custom PKG on retail PS4" which covers a demonstration on a PS4 (4.55) of an Installation of a Custom & also a Re-Packaged PKG file. While this is being demoed on a 4.55 flatz does state this should be easy to port to other firmwares (when a current firmware is exploited) and is a "bullet proof method in comparison" to 1.76. Flatz will soon share a write-up to achieve this task.Continue reading
Firmware 5.00 Userland Webkit Exploit on PS4 teased by qwertyoruiop (no Kernel Exploit)Here is some PS4 news/teases for 5.00 firmware, as a userland webkit exploit is shown via a screenshot from PS4 Hacker qwertyoruiop Twitter. You may recall this dev also showcased an exploit to v4.XX firmware in that past that was never released. Which the hacker was more then willing to share the news he had exploited the PS4 but did not have the same feeling of sharing the actual exploit as much as the news, sadly.. Will this 5.00 exploit be made public or will this exploit also be kept secret? Only time will tell as no details about a potential release has been stated at this point. About the exploit itself its only a userland webkit exploit that is being shown, so this means it will still require a kernel exploit to be like open in the same sense as 1.76. qwertyoruiop also states he has found a bug to exploit the kernel in v5.00, but has not did the exploiting of the bug quite yet. While this is exciting news and great work by the hacker. I would caution about getting too excited because this has the potential of never being released like the work in 4.XX previously detailed, but things are moving for the Ps4 so who knows....Continue reading
Zelda Time to Triumph: New Port from usineurFollowing the released ports of Zelda ROTH (Return of the Hylian) & Zelda Oni Link's Begin for Vita/Pstv, the third port comes to the community from developer usineur with the release of Zelda Time to Triumph to complete the three game trilogy of the fan-made created series that extends the story of Zelda from Vincent Jouilat's perspective, This is a welcome port to the Vita as it serves as great editions to the ealier work of both usineur and Rinnegatamante.Continue reading
Share This Page
- 4.81 cfw
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
The best PS2 soft-modding-installer around (newest version available here) -SP193