A very useful feature has been introduced to the PSNpatch plugin, with the release of version
v2017.02 , the plugin already had the ability to refuse a PSN login if disable CFW syscalls (CFW disabling) was not enabled, which prevents those accidental logins before you disabled those CFW syscalls, which has been believed to prevent alot of bans, but this update takes it even a step farther but also disabling the ability to launch Homebrew with the new Homebrew Blocker feature that is activated (by default) when using the plugin to disable your cfw syscalls, which is essentially temporary disabling CFW until the next boot, this new update makes this feature an even safer option for accidental things such s launching a homebrew when your connected to PSN.
- Latest Changelog
- Release Quote (via kokotonix)
- About Homebrew Blocker
- Support / Usage Info / Report a Bug
Latest PSNpatch Update v2017.02/B
- NEW HOMEBREW BLOCKER for PSNPatch plugin (read full usage details in docs);
- Homebrew Blocker configurable trough PSNPatch main app TOOLBOX;
- Instructions heavily updated to incorporate homebrew blocker - read them before placing questions !
- Source code from the homebrew blocker module included with PSNPatch official distribution.
- Source code for the PSN Servers lock module included in PSNPatch official distribution.
- Homebrew blocker will block known homebrews and invalid title ids when syscalls are disabled;
- It works only from PSNPATCH plugin;
- Compatible with cobra and non-cobra (if plugin loader is installed).
- Supports old, present and future firmware versions.
- When cobra gets updated with its own blocker, psnpatch will detect and use it.
- Carefully read instructions to properly understand how it works.
- A very special THANK YOU to @aldostools for the suggestions made in optimizing the algorithm that identifies the unofficial title ids
"As you can see in the previous tab , psnpatch was updated to 2017.02/B. A new homebrew blocker is included in the psnpatch plugin - in the plugin only. It is enabled by default. If you don't want to use it, go into: PSNpatch XMB Application ----> Toolbox Menu and disable it there. The homebrew blocker blocks homebrew execution when CFW Syscalls are disabled. Execution will be locked until the next reboot. The homebrew blocker runs in cobra, near-cobra (mamba) and non-cobra systems. This implementation is compatible with eventually future cobra updates for core homebrew blockers.
The approach used is detailed in the homebrew_blocker module source code included in this pasnpatch distribution It was heavily tested, namely simulating crashes, forced reboots, recovery menu accesses, file system recovery and database rebuilds. Up to know is failsafe proof, but as usual there is no warranty
Please note that without @aldostools proposing and optimized detectiom algorithm, it would take a lot of time to release this. (thank you aldo).
As usual, every detail is in the first post of this thread.
And full DOCUMENTATION and FAQ is included in the distribution file
PLEASE READ THE RELEASE NOTES AND FAQS, NAMELY THE HOMEBREW BLOCKER PART TO FULLY UNDERSTAND HOW IT WORKS AND WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE ANY FUNCTIONALITY ISSUES.
Win some time for yourself and everybody: read first ask next
Or as I prefer to say: R T F M !!!"
HOMEBREW BLOCKER When CFW is disabled from the PSNPatch plugin, HOMEBREW execution will be locked.
This will protect from running homebrew when connected to the PSN thus avoiding being easily detected !
Every TITLE ID that does not start by the letters in the following list will be automatically locked:
Additionally the following TITLE ID's are explicitly blocked (black listed):
- BLES806** // Multiman and assorted tools are in the format BLES806**
- BLJS10018 // PSNPatch Stealth (older versions were already detected as non-NP/BC/BL form the previous list)
- BLES08890 // PSNope by user
- BLES13408 // FCEU NES Emulator
- BLES01337 // Awesome File Manager
- BLND00001 // dev_blind
It is possible to control the usage of the homebrew blocker trough the TOOLBOX menu in PSNPatch main application.
NOTES for cobra users:
- PSNPATCH PLUGIN MUST BE INSTALLED FOR THE HOMEBREW BLOCKER TO WORK.
- Error 80010006 (bad installation) will be reported when trying to execute a locked homebrew.
- After homebrew is blocked, it will be automatically unlocked at the next reboot.
- If your system crashes and goes into the recovery menu, cobra will disable all plugins.
- To resume normal homebrew usage, one should re-install psnpatch, go to toolbox, re-enable psnpatch plugin, and apply (reboot).
- Checkout the PSNpatch Support Thread for additional details about this PS3 Homebrew App/Plugin
Download: psnpatch v2017.02/B (Sendspace)
PS3 PSNpatch v2017.02/B - New Homebrew Blocker Feature when CFW (syscalls) is disabled
By STLcardsWS on Jan 28, 2017 at 10:32 AM
PS3 PRO MOD - Give your XMB a new look with these mods by LuanTelesHere is a cool mod for 4.81 PS3 Custom Firmware user's as psx-place memeber LuanTeles has put together and released a suite of XMB modifications that he has dubbed the PS3 PRO MOD. This collections contains he PS3 PRO coldboot & gameboot, new boot & xmb sounds, New Custom Icons & new xmb wave , Checkout the video preview and see the included release post for additional details-STLcardsWSContinue reading
Adrenaline 5.1 Update Now LiveSeems developer TheFl0w has been busy yet again but this time with his eCFW (Adrenaline) for the PS Vita pushing the latest 5.1 and remember if you already have it installed you can simply update from the xmb using the built in function by Sony. Here is the change-log with all the changes outlined in v5.1.Continue reading
ArkFast v2.2 - gdljjrod announces new functions in this update.gdljjrod has released version 2.2 of the PS Vita / PlayStation TV utility called ArkFast. This HENkaku homebrew (vpk) created with OneLua will easily install ARK-2 for the firmware's internal PSP emulator on HENkaku exploit (for firmware 3.60). With this update the developers now give the ability to clone any PSP Game and new pboot.pbp checks that provides a couple of new features as defined in the included change log provided.Continue reading
Share This Page
- 4.81 cfw
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 homebrew
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: