A very useful feature has been introduced to the PSNpatch plugin, with the release of version
v2017.02 , the plugin already had the ability to refuse a PSN login if disable CFW syscalls (CFW disabling) was not enabled, which prevents those accidental logins before you disabled those CFW syscalls, which has been believed to prevent alot of bans, but this update takes it even a step farther but also disabling the ability to launch Homebrew with the new Homebrew Blocker feature that is activated (by default) when using the plugin to disable your cfw syscalls, which is essentially temporary disabling CFW until the next boot, this new update makes this feature an even safer option for accidental things such s launching a homebrew when your connected to PSN.
- Latest Changelog
- Release Quote (via kokotonix)
- About Homebrew Blocker
- Support / Usage Info / Report a Bug
Latest PSNpatch Update v2017.02/B
- NEW HOMEBREW BLOCKER for PSNPatch plugin (read full usage details in docs);
- Homebrew Blocker configurable trough PSNPatch main app TOOLBOX;
- Instructions heavily updated to incorporate homebrew blocker - read them before placing questions !
- Source code from the homebrew blocker module included with PSNPatch official distribution.
- Source code for the PSN Servers lock module included in PSNPatch official distribution.
- Homebrew blocker will block known homebrews and invalid title ids when syscalls are disabled;
- It works only from PSNPATCH plugin;
- Compatible with cobra and non-cobra (if plugin loader is installed).
- Supports old, present and future firmware versions.
- When cobra gets updated with its own blocker, psnpatch will detect and use it.
- Carefully read instructions to properly understand how it works.
- A very special THANK YOU to @aldostools for the suggestions made in optimizing the algorithm that identifies the unofficial title ids
"As you can see in the previous tab , psnpatch was updated to 2017.02/B. A new homebrew blocker is included in the psnpatch plugin - in the plugin only. It is enabled by default. If you don't want to use it, go into: PSNpatch XMB Application ----> Toolbox Menu and disable it there. The homebrew blocker blocks homebrew execution when CFW Syscalls are disabled. Execution will be locked until the next reboot. The homebrew blocker runs in cobra, near-cobra (mamba) and non-cobra systems. This implementation is compatible with eventually future cobra updates for core homebrew blockers.
The approach used is detailed in the homebrew_blocker module source code included in this pasnpatch distribution It was heavily tested, namely simulating crashes, forced reboots, recovery menu accesses, file system recovery and database rebuilds. Up to know is failsafe proof, but as usual there is no warranty
Please note that without @aldostools proposing and optimized detectiom algorithm, it would take a lot of time to release this. (thank you aldo).
As usual, every detail is in the first post of this thread.
And full DOCUMENTATION and FAQ is included in the distribution file
PLEASE READ THE RELEASE NOTES AND FAQS, NAMELY THE HOMEBREW BLOCKER PART TO FULLY UNDERSTAND HOW IT WORKS AND WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE ANY FUNCTIONALITY ISSUES.
Win some time for yourself and everybody: read first ask next
Or as I prefer to say: R T F M !!!"
HOMEBREW BLOCKER When CFW is disabled from the PSNPatch plugin, HOMEBREW execution will be locked.
This will protect from running homebrew when connected to the PSN thus avoiding being easily detected !
Every TITLE ID that does not start by the letters in the following list will be automatically locked:
Additionally the following TITLE ID's are explicitly blocked (black listed):
- BLES806** // Multiman and assorted tools are in the format BLES806**
- BLJS10018 // PSNPatch Stealth (older versions were already detected as non-NP/BC/BL form the previous list)
- BLES08890 // PSNope by user
- BLES13408 // FCEU NES Emulator
- BLES01337 // Awesome File Manager
- BLND00001 // dev_blind
It is possible to control the usage of the homebrew blocker trough the TOOLBOX menu in PSNPatch main application.
NOTES for cobra users:
- PSNPATCH PLUGIN MUST BE INSTALLED FOR THE HOMEBREW BLOCKER TO WORK.
- Error 80010006 (bad installation) will be reported when trying to execute a locked homebrew.
- After homebrew is blocked, it will be automatically unlocked at the next reboot.
- If your system crashes and goes into the recovery menu, cobra will disable all plugins.
- To resume normal homebrew usage, one should re-install psnpatch, go to toolbox, re-enable psnpatch plugin, and apply (reboot).
- Checkout the PSNpatch Support Thread for additional details about this PS3 Homebrew App/Plugin
Download: psnpatch v2017.02/B (Sendspace)
PS3 PSNpatch v2017.02/B - New Homebrew Blocker Feature when CFW (syscalls) is disabled
By STLcardsWS on Jan 28, 2017 at 10:32 AM
TheFlow cracks Vita Firmware 3.67 ("Will Release" but "Not Soon")TheFlow has brought some clarity on the recent updates (commits) made to VitaShell suggesting 3.67 Support, It is indeed true that 3.67 is now exploitable for the PS Vita and sibling devices the PlayStation TV (Vita TV). The dev has now confirmed on his official twitter (tweets below) that user and kernel access on Vita's 3.67 Firmware has been achieved, However, do note before you get too excited, the developer won't release till end of year, in what seems to be a move to wait out any future Vita firmware updates that may be on the horizon,. The dev has also stated (if time allows) the possibility to update HENkaku Enso to 3.65 for existing Vita user's, but in the future we might see all vita devices with a new window for exploiting .Its unclear if the recent Vita Bootloader Hack aided or had anything to with this hack but details are sure to emerge in the coming weeks and months What ya think about this announcement from TheFlow?
-STLcardsWS/ nCadeRegalContinue reading
Something good is going on in the PS Vita SceneIt appears "Something good is going on in the PS Vita Scene" says psx-place's own kozarovv, As the recent commits by xyz (team molecule member) and then TheFlow (VitaShell Creator) Github pages some rather interesting discoveries were found in those recent commits as also The_Hero (of Games&Consoles) points out about some new commits arising following the news from last week when Yifan lu (a member of Team Molecule) disclosed the new HENkaku Enso Bootloader Hack to the Vita Community. Since, it now appears there are some rather interesting developments coming to fruition in the Vita's ecosystem. Are we are likely in store for something big for the Vita Community, like 3.67 breakthroughs? It sure looks that way, currently, we are only making suggestions and concluding details from the commits across these Open Source Projects from elite vita devs. As these changes are signaling something is on the horizon. @kozarovv laid out some of the important bits of information that can be gather from those recent commits made available -STLcardsWSContinue reading
HENkaku Ensō bootloader hack for Vita [ by Team molecule]Team molecule is not done detailing information on the PS Vita / PlayStation TV / Vita TV, after the releases of HENkaku and then HENkaku Ensō Now developer Yifan Lu has detailed a write up detailing a new exploit titled HENkaku Ensō bootloader Hack, the information detailed could lift some of the restrictions hampered in the Vita's current environment. and even lead to a full blown 3.65 exploit (but that needs additional work the team is not interested in, but they hope others will be with this new info.) There is alot to read so i will let you get to the details yourself in the this well written piece by the developer, The topic we have broke up below in our tabs for easy reading, but you can also view the original format in the source link provided from Yifanlu's blog at bottom of the article.
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- Maorgaina kabada
A simple upgrade for the official shell