PS3 PSNpatch v2017.02/B - New Homebrew Blocker Feature when CFW (syscalls) is disabled

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Jan 28, 2017.

By STLcardsWS on Jan 28, 2017 at 10:32 AM
  1. 5,732
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

A very useful feature has been introduced to the PSNpatch plugin, with the release of version
    v2017.02 , the plugin already had the ability to refuse a PSN login if disable CFW syscalls (CFW disabling) was not enabled, which prevents those accidental logins before you disabled those CFW syscalls,
    which has been believed to prevent alot of bans, but this update takes it even a step farther but also disabling the ability to launch Homebrew with the new Homebrew Blocker feature that is activated (by default) when using the plugin to disable your cfw syscalls, which is essentially temporary disabling CFW until the next boot, this new update makes this feature an even safer option for accidental things such s launching a homebrew when your connected to PSN. ​

PSNpatch.png

• Latest PSNpatch Update v2017.02/B
      • NEW HOMEBREW BLOCKER for PSNPatch plugin (read full usage details in docs);
      • Homebrew Blocker configurable trough PSNPatch main app TOOLBOX;
      • Instructions heavily updated to incorporate homebrew blocker - read them before placing questions !
      • Source code from the homebrew blocker module included with PSNPatch official distribution.
      • Source code for the PSN Servers lock module included in PSNPatch official distribution.

Important Notes:
      • Homebrew blocker will block known homebrews and invalid title ids when syscalls are disabled;
      • It works only from PSNPATCH plugin;
      • Compatible with cobra and non-cobra (if plugin loader is installed).
      • Supports old, present and future firmware versions.
      • When cobra gets updated with its own blocker, psnpatch will detect and use it.
      • Carefully read instructions to properly understand how it works.

ADDITIONAL NOTE:
      • A very special THANK YOU to @aldostools for the suggestions made in optimizing the algorithm that identifies the unofficial title ids

• via kokotonix

"As you can see in the previous tab , psnpatch was updated to 2017.02/B. A new homebrew blocker is included in the psnpatch plugin - in the plugin only. It is enabled by default. If you don't want to use it, go into: PSNpatch XMB Application ----> Toolbox Menu and disable it there. The homebrew blocker blocks homebrew execution when CFW Syscalls are disabled. Execution will be locked until the next reboot. The homebrew blocker runs in cobra, near-cobra (mamba) and non-cobra systems. This implementation is compatible with eventually future cobra updates for core homebrew blockers.

The approach used is detailed in the homebrew_blocker module source code included in this pasnpatch distribution It was heavily tested, namely simulating crashes, forced reboots, recovery menu accesses, file system recovery and database rebuilds. Up to know is failsafe proof, but as usual there is no warranty ;)

Please note that without @aldostools proposing and optimized detectiom algorithm, it would take a lot of time to release this. (thank you aldo).

As usual, every detail is in the first post of this thread.
      And full DOCUMENTATION and FAQ is included in the distribution file

PLEASE READ THE RELEASE NOTES AND FAQS, NAMELY THE HOMEBREW BLOCKER PART TO FULLY UNDERSTAND HOW IT WORKS AND WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE ANY FUNCTIONALITY ISSUES.

Win some time for yourself and everybody: read first ask next
      Or as I prefer to say: R T F M !!!"

• HOMEBREW BLOCKER
      When CFW is disabled from the PSNPatch plugin, HOMEBREW execution will be locked.
      This will protect from running homebrew when connected to the PSN thus avoiding being easily detected !

Every TITLE ID that does not start by the letters in the following list will be automatically locked:
      • NP*******
      • BL*******
      • BC*******
      • KOEI3****
      • KTGS3****
      • MRTC0****
      • ASIA0****
      • GUST0****
      Additionally the following TITLE ID's are explicitly blocked (black listed):
      • BLES806** // Multiman and assorted tools are in the format BLES806**
      • BLJS10018 // PSNPatch Stealth (older versions were already detected as non-NP/BC/BL form the previous list)
      • BLES08890 // PSNope by user
      • BLES13408 // FCEU NES Emulator
      • BLES01337 // Awesome File Manager
      • BLND00001 // dev_blind

It is possible to control the usage of the homebrew blocker trough the TOOLBOX menu in PSNPatch main application.

NOTES:

• PSNPATCH PLUGIN MUST BE INSTALLED FOR THE HOMEBREW BLOCKER TO WORK.
      • Error 80010006 (bad installation) will be reported when trying to execute a locked homebrew.
      • After homebrew is blocked, it will be automatically unlocked at the next reboot.
      NOTES for cobra users:
      • If your system crashes and goes into the recovery menu, cobra will disable all plugins.
      • To resume normal homebrew usage, one should re-install psnpatch, go to toolbox, re-enable psnpatch plugin, and apply (reboot).

Download: psnpatch v2017.02/B (Sendspace)

Source: psx-place.com

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Jan 28, 2017.

1. pasha4ur
    2. Fuzion9
      Fuzion9
      This has always been the best psn safety app in my eyes. Great work yet again
    3. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Added "About Homebrew Blocker" tab .

Very nice update, :)
    4. Drag
      Drag
      "NEW HOMEBREW BLOCKER " What wonderful resource! Thank you very much for the update
      DeViL303, WTF-IGO and kozarovv like this.
    5. E7ite
      E7ite
      Does anyone think I can be taught how to remove the notifications that show your spoofed IDPS? I hate having to blur it out when i make a video. I also have the PS3SDK installed on vs 2010 ultimate so i can indeed open the source

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    6. bguerville
      bguerville
      Such a change would be easily done of course, commenting one single line of code is most likely sufficient however... only part of the psnpatch code is open so you won't be able to recompile the project.
      As far as the official release is concerned, it makes little sense to give users the option to remove the pop-up just for people making videos.
      kokotonix likes this.
    7. kokotonix
      kokotonix
      Yes! Exactly !! [emoji846]
      And those are the main reasons why psnpatch source code isn't entirely released.
      It would've madness to give support to dozens of different modded versions, furthermore with the levels of sensitivity of some functions.

But maybe the source code of some major modules may be released. (fw independent idps spoofing, fw independent syscalls disabling, )
    8. gmipf
      gmipf
      And is the psnpatch plugin now able to block psn access on DEX`? With all older versions it cannot block PSN access on DEX...
    9. kokotonix
      kokotonix
      The only change is homebrew blocker
      Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    10. yukish
      yukish
      hi, its me again :adoration: and yeah its the sndspce link again :shame: i know you missed me and wanted me to ask for a link mirror, so here i am :grin: thank you in advance and happy new cfw :encouragement:
      kokotonix likes this.
    11. kokotonix
      kokotonix
      ?????
    12. complexusername
      complexusername
      Tested this on my PS3 last night and worked as expected! Great to have this added security feature so that you don't accidentally load homebrew programs while connected to PSN. @atreyu187 I won't have to send you messages on PSN anymore telling you that you're on Movian lol
    13. yukish
      yukish
      hello :) its blocked in my country and when i use prxy not download!
    14. kokotonix
      kokotonix
      Brewology store ?
    15. yukish
      yukish
      hello again :smiley simmons: i like it in its original archive :peekaboogift: and the good news i just downloaded it using other vpn software :congratulatory: ty anyway my friend :victorious:
    16. JudoSensei785
      JudoSensei785
      Just asking, ... is the download site listed a safe one? Is it going to be on Brewlogy too?
    17. bguerville
      bguerville
      What do you mean listed as safe? Safe in what way?
      Those file exchange sites like Sendspace/Mediafire/Mega etc... are "safe" afaik.

And yes psnpatch always gets released on brewology store.
      Note that our own Resources section should be updated as well, we would not link anything "unsafe", at least not knowingly. So far no problem has ever been reported.
      kokotonix likes this.
    18. bguerville
      bguerville
      What do you mean listed as safe? Those file exchange sites like Sendspace/Mediafire/Mega etc... are safe afaik.
      And yes psnpatch always gets released on brewology store.
      Note that our own resources section can be used for downloading as well. Big files are hosted externally, no problem has ever been reported.
      JudoSensei785 likes this.
    19. JudoSensei785
      JudoSensei785
      @bguerville Thank you. I did write that a little odd. lol I was just concerned about sendspace, wanted to make sure I didnt dl anything malicious. I normally use brewology. Ill check out the resource section here as well.

No difference in running it using a edited cig. to change the idps/psid. :)