The PS3ITA PSXITA Team known for the work in the PS3 Scene with homebrew/cfw/tools has been working on the PS4 lately and they have a NEW Linux Distro for the PlayStation 4 (exploited) they created call Psxitarch Linux which is a based on Arch Linux. This distro contains support for Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB Sound Cards and then my favorite 3D Hardware Acceleration, which powers emulators (that are included) such as RetroArch (linux), mupen64plus (Nintendo 64), epsxe (PS1), ppsspp (PSP) and also Steam all running on this new Linux distro. Bad news for PRO Models you will be sitting this one out for the time being as your console's are not currently supported the team does provide some additional details in the release notes. The distro also includes various applications that makes this a very intriguing release from the PS3ITA Team,
Psxitarch Linux: A distro for the PlayStation 4
Psxitarch is a linux distribution for PS4 based on Arch Linux, developed to be light, not very resourceful and easy to install.
It includes the graphics drivers (radeon drm, radeonsi) needed to use 3D hardware video acceleration, kernel 4.14.14, support for * bluetooth, * wi-fi, ethernet and USB sound cards.
- Window manager: jwm
- Terminals: lxterminal, xterm
- Web Browser: midori
- Network Manager: wicd
- File manager: pcmanfm
- Emulators / Games: Steam, retroarch (MULTI EMU), mupen64plus (N64), snes9x (SNES), epsxe (PSX), ppsspp (PSP)
- Utilities: playonlinux (Gui for wine), leafpad (Text editor), htop (System monitor), xreader (PDF viewer), xarchiver (Archive manager), blueman (Bluetooth manager)
- Multimedia: gpicview (img viewer), xnoise (audio / video player)
NOTES ON APPLICATIONS
- If you have installed a new program and want to make it appear in the main menu go to Jwm Config and select Aggiorna Menu
- If you want to start Steam use the voice Steam (Native), only if a game does not work use Steam (Runtime).
- In Retroarch you will find only a few preinstalled cores (mame, genesis, turbograf and nes), you can install others by starting a retroarch and going to Online Updater and download cores . Some cores may require bios to function properly, copy them to /home/psxita/.config/retroarch/bios .
- For those who ask, we have not included dolphin-emu in the distro because the recent versions in the repo and git do not work properly on PS4. We have compiled an old version and it seems to work with a simple "workaround" (you have to start dolphin together with glxgears), if you are desperate propio we can let you have it.
- Kodi, has not been included in the distro for reasons of space, but you can easily install it and it should work without any modification.
*AUDIO: Audio via HDMI is not working but there are various ways to get around this
* WIFI / BLUETOOTH
- Use a USB sound card (found at a euro on ebay)
- Streaming via bluetooth (if working) audio (you can use bluetooth speakers or headphones)
- Use the Dualshock 4 (or the Nacon Revolution) connected via USB with a pair of headphones
- The wifi or / and the bluetooth may not work on some PS4 or be unstable, the reason is not yet clear (does not seem to depend on the model of PS4)
COMPATIBLE PS4 MODELS
- Psxitarch supports all PS4 models except PS4 PRO.
On PS4 PRO the 3D hardware acceleration does not work, you will be relegated to that software, the reason you can find it here: http://www.ps3ita.it/forum/post43087.html#p43087
The distro is not free from bugs and imperfections but we hope this is a first step to make linux more accessible, hoping in the future to improve it thanks to your help.
For any questions, doubts, curiosities write us in the appropriate page of the forum:
ITALIAN VERSION SOON ..
- A USB device (better if 3.0) formatted in FAT32 of a size not less than 12GB
- USB hub (optional)
- The payload to start linux: Download for fw 4.55 - Download for fw 4.05
- The bzImage (kernel): Download md5: 85d3a15a22380591f5519122f436c7ba
- The initramfs: Download md5: a3e4d2e6a15fea750ed4e8cccacfa112
- The psxitarch.tar.xz file (the distro): Download md5: 26bae18ccc2e2173109a7fd954657c08
The USB device that you will use will be completely formatted, all the data will be deleted !!
- Copy the initramfs, the bzImage and the psxitarch.tar.xz file to the root of the USB device
- Connect the USB device to the PS4, if you have connected other USB devices disconnect them (you must have only one USB device connected)
- Start the exploit
- Start the payload
- Wait a few seconds, the screen should go black and then the rescushell screen will appear
- Connect the keyboard, write: exec install-psxitarch.sh (the keyboard layout is set to US, to write the dash you have to use the ' )
- Wait until the distro is installed (you should see a long list of files that are copied to the USB), the installation time varies from USB to USB (if you are crazy enough to install the distro on USB 2.0 it should take about 25 minutes)
- After the installation the distro should start by itself and show you the login screen, if it does not start write exec start-psxitarch.sh (from the next restart the distro should start by itself, you will not have to write anything)
- On the login screen, enter username psxita and password changeit
- We want to thank with all my heart who has contributed and continues to contribute to the development of Linux on PS4
Thank you guys!!
- failoverflow (without them we probably will not have linux)
- All the guys in the discord channel Official Playstation 4 Scene
PS4 Psxitarch Linux released (by PSXITA TEAM) - Adds Support for 3D Graphics, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi & More
By kozarovv on May 4, 2018 at 4:04 PM
PSP on PS4 - New Information by mysis released
Today developer mysis has released new information regarding PSP emulation on the PS4, back in early May there was various discoveries found with PSP emulation (on PS4) by KiiWii as outlined in this article but overall the news while very positive left many unknowns as these sort of things don't come with instructions manuals. However, thanks to mysis's recent research we now know a bit more about this how emulator operates and can start logging those pages for the manual`and hopefully improve game comparability. Below you will find the discoveries that mysis has provided.Continue reading
PlayStation Developer Wiki is growing - Introducing PS1 & PS2 DevWiki !!!Well, well! You (probably) already heard about the several PlayStation Developer Wikis like for the PS3 and the PS4, but also for the handheld consoles like PSP and PSVITA, with it's strong communities and useful information for each wiki. But while the actual Console Generations were already satisfied with their own wikis, there was something missing. If you wanted to get some informations about older Sony Consoles, then we had to be honest - your informations kept very short. But since we speak about the "past tense form" from "has", the lack of useful information could change with your help. Thanks to the well-known user @GregoryRasputin, you can now contribute to a PS1 and PS2 DevWiki! Yeah, that's right. Sony's both first released home consoles are getting it's own dedicated wikis and everyone is welcome to contribute.Continue reading
OPL (Open PS2 Loader) - Latest Improvements
While we have seen PS2 developer like @sp193 busy with several new updates to Free Memory Card Boot (FMCB) exploit recently, the dev along with other PS2 devs like Maximus32 have been putting in some work and making some "HUGE Advancements" to OPL as @TnA details. Open PS2 Loader or better known as simply OPL is moving along nicely with the times and making great strides still in 2018, from here i will leave it to TnA who has summed up the various progressions of this very popular PS2 ProjectContinue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: