PyPS3tools trouble

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by consensualcrazy, Feb 11, 2018.

1. 1
    consensualcrazy

consensualcrazy New Member

ADMIN EDIT": POST MOVED FROM OFF TOPIC THREAD

I can not get PyPS3tools to check my NAND dump. If I try the drag and drop method, it tells me the checklist.xml file can't be found, and same thing if I try with the command prompt. The checklist file is right alongside the executable in the folder, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried python 2.7 and the newer version, I've tried reinstalling and relocating the files but it won't work.

EDIT: I went ahead and rebooted without doing the check, problem solved I guess

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  2. 6,427
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

Any problem with the python tools must be reported to littlebalup directly, not to us.
    The issue will be due to a bad setup anyway.

3. 2,231
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Home Page:
    Lol, why must it "be reported to littelbalup directly", are users no longer allowed to ask questions like this on this public forum? Since when have the rules changed and can you please direct me to the new rules please :D

4. 25
    The unknown knight

The unknown knight New Member

I think he clearly meant that he is asking questions in the wrong thread as this thread is related to PS3XPLOIT tools his questions must be asked in the thread related to littlebalup python tools

DeViL303 and The unknown knight like this.
  5. 6,589
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Ahh shit i messed up and merged all the post into one.
    Uggghhhhh

This was my post
    Well yea obviously. Every thread is not the same, some are serious, some are fun, some are in between.. Some do not require as much help as an exploit thread or otyhers. So there is differences on how each thread is treated i think that is the way it should be, there is times when a RULE will be applied as i see fit and it will be enforced as it see fit. No one is going to tell me what to do but the developers of the project and the OP of a thread. . . hijacking threads is one of the 8 rules i have. So perhaps a discord issue might be best in a PS3Xploit Thread or an issue on another tool might not be the best places to post.

And yes this conversation that does not have ANYTHING to do with PS3Xploit has now taken a page of comments. A post here and there is okay with reason, but some of the people have been warned numnerous times and you see it over and over. And i am sure people who click on this are not caring about this page..

I can;t watch every word and apply the rules in the same way on every single post. Your suggesting alot there.

Would make sense to be reported to a developer of the project vs one that is not.

The unknown knight likes this.
  6. 2,231
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Home Page:
    Im not expecting you to change anything, just pointing it out how I see it, if rules are stricter here fine but telling a user something "must be reported directly" to the dev when that has never been the practice seems a bit OTT, but whatever.

7. 6,589
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Here is how i see it. The user asked a question about an unrelated tool and he was giving info on where to report it. Anything more you see is not there. If I would go to webMAN MOD thread and asking about SEN Enabler issue, i would expect someone to say you need find Evilnat..

if you made a request to keep off topic comments out i would in one of your threads.
    Kokotonix ( & many others) are some who does not like to have offtopic post in thier threads. Some devs don't care some do (usually ones giving alot of support care but not always the case). If he not allowed to do that or is BG not allowed to here in that thread...

edit:
    think about how many PMs and mentions one gets when its the same question over and over. Hell my inbox and visitor messages are filled with questions, as well as my discord chat PMs. I could just imagine his and some of the other ps3xploit guys. So yea every post might not be greeted with cheer. Which is more reason to keep the threads clean so people see only the info that pertains to the topic, not any drama ....

8. 1,327
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Well, when mentioned pyps3tools problems needs to be reported directly to littlebalup i think it doesnt means to be needed to do by a private message, but to the official release thread for pyps3tools, there is one thread in the forum for it, this is the best place to talk about development, problems, or explains about how to use that tool :)
    http://www.psx-place.com/threads/py...on-tools-for-ps3-flash-memory-dump-files.2119

DeViL303 likes this.
  9. 2,231
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Home Page:
    nvm..cba

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    ChrxnicMods likes this.
  10. 1,327
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

I just want to say the forum staff is being a bit overprotective with that thread about ps3xploit for several reasons (it attracts noob hordes, is chaotic, it can harm the team development, etc...), but i hope that overprotection and strictness doesnt spreads around all the forum, is only needed for some development threads, but in others threads doesnt matters much

Im a forum moderator here since some weeks ago and im not so much involved with the forum like other staff members so im "the last cat" of the moderators, this im saying is mostly a personal opinion as a forum user

I guess most of the staff thinks like me... but is hard to find the ballance because this strictness spreads like a virus sometimes, ive seen it in other forums