Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 HAN [Question] about taking Screenshots

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by Zazenora, Sep 18, 2018.

1. 209
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    I am currently working on a personal project, similar to @Fin9ersMcGee 's All-In-One Tutorial, with some different content added in, as well as an offline version that will be usable with a PDF Viewer. (Not that there is anything wrong with his tutorial, in fact I'm still referring to it on a daily basis.)

I have been looking into taking screenshots from the PS3 to use with this project. I've found various people explaining how to do so by simply pressing the Playstation button + Start simultaniously, however I haven't had any success with this. Also this method may just be for certain games, and I am really just needing a way to take screenshots from the XMB.
    So, my question is, is there a way to take screenshots of the XMB menu? (either WITH or WITHOUT the HAN exploit, if possible either way would be very helpful to me.)

If it isn't possible, it's no big deal. I'd just prefer to have clear screenshots over taking a picture of the screen from another device.

2. 4,204
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Home Page:
    Have you a CFW ps3? If so then you can use vsh menu to take screenshots of the XMB, in full res, its what I use for all mine. Another way is If you have a PVR you can record a video then take screenshots from it on PC, Ive done that too for some of mine as vsh menu wont work in certain places, like in the settings category, inside some apps, or for epilepsy warning as the vsh menu plugin has not started yet.

3. 1,465
    Berion

Berion Developer

PSB+Start is for PSV, not the PS3 (?).

Anyway, You have two ways: Screenshot option from Photo category in XMB or from VSH Menu. First case, unhacked can be made only on last games, and only if developer allow this - but some scener unlocked this to be available always (however, some games invoke pause menu when PSB was pressed so...). Second case is the best but VSH Menu is terribly slow.

Taking screenshots in XMB is possible only on CFW, because of vsh menu plugin.

Zazenora likes this.
  4. 4,204
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Home Page:
    If you dont have CFW ps3, you can PM me low quality versions of whatever screenshots you need, taken with phone or whatever, I will try recreate them on CFW PS3 and send you full quality versions taken with vsh menu. ;)

Zazenora likes this.
  5. 209
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    Thanks for the clarification @Berion

I haven't went full CFW yet, I'm waiting until the PSN servers go offline on the PS3 one day, which was why I was wondering if it was possible through HAN. I was only needing a couple screenshots of the HAN Toolbox & Package Manager options as they appear on the XMB when selected, showing the sub-options they contain. It's easy enough to explain the steps, I was just wanting the screenshots to add for the context.

@DeViL303 - Thanks for the offer.
    If you are able to snap a couple screenshots of the HAN Toolbox's options (Move to where File Injector is highlighted so it shows the entire Toolbox command list in one screen) and the Package Manager (Where is shows the 4 options "Playstation Network Content, Install Package Files, Delete Package Files, & Install Packages From Webserver"), two screenshots containing those would be perfect.
    You can either PM them to me or post them here if you're able to take them.

Don't worry about it if it's too much trouble lol, I can draw up some pictures for this part otherwise.

6. 4,204
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Home Page:
    Not sure where you mean for the toolbox? File injector is in a submenu? do you just want a screenshot of main toolbox menu- top level?

7. 209
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    Yeah, here's an example:

<HAN Toolbox>
    - Soft Reboot
    - HAN Enabler
    - HAN Functions
    - HAN Functions (Local)
    - File Injector
    - File Explorer
    - Demo Downloader
    - Install Packages From Webserver
    - Toolbox Settings​

I only mentioned having File Injector highlighted as it's the best spot to be at to show all of the options on the same screenshot.
    Don't worry about going into the sub-folders, I only need as you said the top level of the HAN Toolbox and Package Manager options.

8. 4,204
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Home Page:
    You must be on older version of the toolbox? In the latest version (0.5) the file injector, file explorer is in a sub menu called advanced tools. Also packages from web server is in a sub menu of the toolbox, and it doesn't show in package manager anymore.

screenshot_2018_09_18_22_43_32.png
    screenshot_2018_09_18_23_00_41.png

If you need screenshots of sub menus, or anything else let me know.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  9. 4,204
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Home Page:
    Actually, just checked the latest support files for HAN, and it appears that packages from webserver has been readded to Package Manager, not sure when that happened, but its duplicated now in the toolbox as well. Anyway, here is the screenshot:

screenshot_2018_09_18_23_27_08.png

Looks like the star has been lost somewhere along the way too, :) now it shows as "?".

Zazenora likes this.
  10. 209
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    I am still using 4.0 lol, but these screenshots are perfect. It's still got the main commands I'm going through.

4.0 also shows a "?" on Install Packages from Webserver.

Thanks for the help on this! I'll be sure to credit you for these.

11. 4,204
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Home Page:
    Nice one, no need for any credits, anyone with cfw could have done it (let me know if you need any more), Yeah, that "?" probably comes from PKG linker 2.0 pkg creation, it doesn't support package manager entry, I think the templett file format can not recognise the star. it doesn't show the "?" in the toolbox menu so its more a left over error from the fact that the item got added back to package manager without us knowing, anyway nothing to worry about really.

Zazenora likes this.
  12. 377
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Member

Musician
    Bit late to the party, but another idea would be to use a video capture device from ps3 to pc and use you pc to take screenshots.

But, of course, you need capture device.
    More helpful if you already have that.

Zazenora likes this.
  13. 209
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    Yeah, one of those devices would be extremely handy for this situation, but that would probably be all I'd ever use it for. I've never been into gameplay streaming or Twitch, so buying a device like that just for my purpose would probably be a little overkill.
    I've got everything I need for the XMB section now though, so it's all good. I'll ask again later should I decide to go into the more "advanced" functions, I'm just covering the main ones right now.

Fin9ersMcGee likes this.