Question for tthousand

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by pinky, Jun 17, 2018.

1. 9,697
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

@tthousand , there are a lot of sales going on on the eshop for the next week or so including tropical freeze and blood-stained. I might buy both and sell my retail version of tropical freeze. I do have 400GBs to fill up. :D

edit: btw, I'm back at new donk city in odyssey. I can't believe how many power moons I've remembered. I've mostly remembered the harder-to-find ones, since some of them took me over an hour to find. I've noticed that flinging your cap at various obstacles doesn't seem to work with motion controls unless I haven't figured it out yet.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  2. 9,697
    pinky

hey, @tthousand , I tried what you suggested, changing carts while docked. well, I put the system on a more accessible shelf, but it's extremely difficult for me to see the cartridge slot, and I have to bend down to do it. I'm thinking of just placing it where it was, and just picking up the console like usual or lowering that shelf a few inches. it's on the same shelf as my ps3 and an hdd, so it's hard to access the system in a confined space.

have you tried the crash bandicoot trilogy? I bought it on a whim, since it was on sale for half price on black friday. I haven't tried it yet though.

so far, I've found over 230 power moons in odyssey. I think I had around 466 when my original switch died. I've since changed cables, so that that doesn't happen again. I'm no longer using an extension cable.

3. 897
    tthousand

tthousand The One Moderator

Terminating Terminators
    @pinky, I was never a fan of the Crash Bandicoot series, so I will not be playing the re-release.

I have been managing to play a few games recently though. I have been playing the Dark Souls re-release on the Switch, and also Final Fantasy XIII on the Xbox One X. The game looks really good with the Xbox One X enhancements. I have been wanting to play Read Dead Redemption 2, but I have not wanted to buy it for myself... Knowing that I just do not have the time to play it, and knowing I have a lot of other games I want to play too.

I would love to go back to Mario Odyssey and TLoZ:BotW, but it has been hard to stop playing Dark Souls when I have free time. I remember I really did not like FFXIII when it first came out... But the second time around it feels nice to have such a linear game to play. I am only about 10 hours into it right now, but I have been having a great time. It's an easy game to play when you have a sleeping baby on your chest :D

pinky likes this.
  4. 9,697
    pinky

@tthousand , I beat FFXIII on the 360. it's one of few games I beat before my original system, a pos xenon, rrod. I've not really played the other two in the series, but it sounds like square-enix tried to make those less linear, since that was one of the main complaints about the first one. though, I do agree that a linear rpg is sometimes nice to play. a lot of classic rpgs are that way, and those are some of the best rpgs ever made.

I must admit, it's gotten pretty boring going through these games again. right now, I have 263 power moons. it took me a while to get to the 466 number when I originally played the game, but this time, having remembered where a lot of them are, I've found them much more quickly. I mean some did take me one to two hours to find originally; some I never found, so I'll probably just skip those (the keep power moon and the "moon made from coins?".

I've not played zelda despite owning it. maybe I should start playing that now that these older games have grown stale.

I just got my psx classic in the mail. I'm trying to decide if I want to keep it after hearing all of the bad reviews. lol I might keep it sealed as a collector's item. ;)

5. 897
    tthousand

tthousand The One Moderator

Terminating Terminators
    @pinky, my PS classic is coming in the mail tomorrow... I am contemplating if I should keep it too... or return it. Not sure yet. I think best buy will give me until the end of the month to decide. Definitely not anxious to open it up and play it though.

And I think you should give Zelda a try. Play for a few hours and see what you think. It is a game I constantly think about going back and playing some more of... even more so than Mario.

pinky likes this.
  6. 9,697
    pinky

yeah, apparently, there's now a way to play any game with it. I bought it to use, but now it's more of a collectors item, so I don't know if I should open it up either. I'd actually prefer playing on the original hardware with backups or original discs.

I'll probably play zelda next. octopath takes a while to get back up to where I was.

I've started going on digital again with the switch. right now, I have ys viii, odyssey, mm 11, and xc2. all but ys were bought on sale during the eshop's big, holiday sale. :D that's four games out of 17 or so that I own. :)

7. 9,697
    pinky

@tthousand , fyi, a large sale is going on on the eshop. almost all my games of my 21 games are among them. they're even less that they were via gcu. I've bought all of them. unfortunately, due to myunsteadiness, I decided to go all digital I don't want to risk dropping the system.

also, a tremendous number amiibos are to be released within the next year, so be sure to check the release page.

now, I have 100% in mm1-7 and mmx1-5. god does mmx6+ suck. and 200% in dkc2.I'm near te end of ys viii. I think I have found one of the chests I couldn't get before. I think one of the chest icons waS over a second chest. lol ;)