PS3 [QUESTION] Should I Jailbreak my Own PS3?

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreaks / CFW' started by Chris Wilson, Apr 16, 2018.

1. 7
    Chris Wilson

Chris Wilson New Member

I need some personal opinions here, and some advice from people who jailbroke their PS3 before.
    1) would it be cheaper to jailbreak my own PS3 (this means buy a jailbreakable PS3, E3 flasher, basically all materials i need cuz my current ps3 isnt compatible) or would it be cheaper to buy an already-jailbroken PS3 from a seller?
    2) would you pls reccomend any jailbreak tutorials that actually work and won't get my console bricked?
    3) is there any soldering involved in jailbreaking a PS3? (other than unbricking it)

Now, I'm asking this because I have hand tremors, meaning I shake constantly 24/7. Yes, like a crackhead. No, I'm not a crackhead. So if there is any soldering involved I probably won't be able to do it myself.
    Oh, and by the way by "jailbreak" I mean install a CFW.
    Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  2. 475
    pink1

pink1 Moderator Developer

Yes, do it yourself.
    As long as your PS3 is CFW compatible you can now use PS3xploit V2 to install CFW from OFW 4.82 without the need of any extra hardware.

Read the page I linked and ask all the questions you have. As long as your willing to read up and do your part we're happy to help you out along the way.

aldostools and Chris Wilson like this.
Tags: