Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 Rebug 4.82 black screen

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit CFW Installer ( PS3 25XX Models & Lower)' started by wakio, Sep 30, 2018.

1. 29
    wakio

wakio Forum Noob

When i copy PES2018 into GAMES folder and start it, nothing load, just black screen. Other game work pretty well. So it's bug or someething ? because when i'm searching i found many pp have this problem too.

p/s : After installed CFW 4.82.1-2 rebug, i install rebug toolbox and multiman, what i should install next ? Reactpsn if i'm want to download directly pkg from sony server and lic ?

ty

2. 9,404
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

could be an option in mm. some games don't work correctly unless on the internal hdd; others require a disc in the drive. make sure any large file game is split and merged to the internal hdd. split4g will do this.

3. 29
    wakio

wakio Forum Noob

but it already in internal hdd, hdd0/GAMES/PES18xxxxxxx ... i heard some guys say disable BD rom in multiman setting but i dont even see this option, even in GAME tab

4. 185
    Ali888

Ali888 Member

Do you enable "Cobra toggle" in Rebug Toolbox ?

5. 29
    wakio

wakio Forum Noob

no i didn't

i just try toggle it like u said, pes2018 after patched working.... still try DOA5LR PSn to see if it actually work

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  6. 2,764
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Convert it to iso

Not really, this became obsolete years ago, i been playing "discless" since iris 2.93 or so
    The only discs that are inserted in my PS3 are original bluray games to make a backup of them, when the backup is made i eject it and thats all
    Other than that... i rarelly insert discs in the PS3 :)

7. 7,422
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

There could be several explanations for this. Is Cobra enabled or not? Do you use psnpatch?
    If ever Cobra is not enabled, enable it with the Rebug Toolbox.
    If ever you are using the psnpatch plugin & a JB game isn't working, try unloading psnpatch completely before trying to use the game.

Why use legacy JB folder format though?
    Unless there is no other way (game modding), an iso works out better & avoids various other side effects such as filling up file allocation tables with performance impact, creating fragmentation (perf impact too) or psnpatch compatibility issues (removing Cobra hooks) etc..

Iso has been the recommended standard on CFW for a long time, with support brought either by Cobra or Mamba payloads.

Regarding licenses, if you have rap files for your games, you can install them using the psnpatch GUI. You will need to activate the console with PSN first.

wakio likes this.
  8. 29
    wakio

wakio Forum Noob

thank you
    so i download in other mirror and patched it with reactpsn, blackscreen in first 10s, after that it work..so i think it's my fault, using PSN game+DLC on CFW.....

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2018
  9. 7,422
    bguerville

To use a PSN game on CFW, you must install the game's rap license file on the PS3. Psnpatch can do that easily for you., it takes all the rap files it can find on USB, converts them to rif & copies the rif licenses on the PS3 internal hdd, in the user profile folder tree.
    If ever you use Reactpsn to create a fake act.dat & install some license, you must be aware that you won't be able to use other tools to inject licenses anymore, the fake act.dat is not compatible.
    The recommended way is to avoid using reactpsn but instead, activate the console with PSN to create an original act.dat then use psnpatch to inject the licenses from USB.

wakio likes this.
  10. 29
    wakio

wakio Forum Noob

ok thank :) i will remember this

11. 14
    Mr. Hafidi

Mr. Hafidi Forum Noob

1- install rebug toolbox
    2- activate cobra
    3- enter multiman on the game create iso
    4- launch game & have fun ♥

12. 29
    wakio

wakio Forum Noob

but pkg installed game dont shown up in multiman :D

13. 127
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

Full-time Trouble Maker
    It won't show in the section where you load your Backed up games but if you go to file manager in multiman it will be where your game install data is, not where the disc backups are stored.

For example my Resident Evil 4 for ps3 is a PSN Digital version similar to what you have. a PKG game and is located here:

dev_hdd0/game/NPEB00342.

look in your games folder, not GAMES folder on your HDD

14. 29
    wakio

wakio Forum Noob

thank, but convert psn(rap/lic) installed game into ISO is recommended for one who doesn't care about mod ?

15. 7,422
    bguerville

On Cobra/Mamba CFW, ISO is the recommended format for retail games & pkg for PSN games.
    CFW2OFW converted and/or HAN resigned games should be avoided on CFW, they are not needed & they complicate matters rather than help. Han resigned games also happen to be natively incompatible with all CFW except Rebug 4.82.2, requiring users to apply the HAN patch like on ofw.

Backup managers like multiman can make an iso from a BD disc or from a JB legacy folder format game (a retail BD game disc which files & folders were extracted, this kind of legacy format is used for game modding).
    However, a backup manager cannot convert a genuine or converted PSN pkg to ISO. PSN games are npdrm licensed whereas an iso is supposed to be the image of a retail licensed game.
    It is possible to convert some PSN pkg games to iso format using Rudi's PSN liberator (see resources section) but it's not a requirement or even a recommendation.

SoJustMe likes this.
  16. 29
    wakio

wakio Forum Noob

yeah...i'm using cfw2ofw, han,.. on ofw superslim,most of Compatible game is worked. i never install it on cfw :) my website i download game only have pkg/game folder, so i think i should find another website

17. 7,422
    bguerville

If you are using ofw, the only game backups you can use are pkg based, either converted retail disc using cfw2ofw or genuine PSN releases resigned with HAN.

ISO & JB folder legacy format are not yet usable on ofw.