Rebug 4.83 CFW out yet?

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Mjfdms, Oct 11, 2018.

1. 31
    Mjfdms

Mjfdms Forum Noob

Only talking about HAN 4.83 any news on rebug 4.83.

Brandon Bright likes this.
  2. 9,121
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

unknown. last I heard is that the rebug team moved on to the switch. they'll probably find time for this.

3. 31
    Mjfdms

Mjfdms Forum Noob

Any news in CFW for 4.83?

4. 9,121
    pinky

none. tbh, I don't really know. joonie did release 4.82 after having not been part of the scene for a while though.

I believe team rebug made a modchip for the switch which is what I meant by them shifting focus.

5. 31
    Mjfdms

Mjfdms Forum Noob

It's hard to believe the CFW for PS3 is dead but this is also recent news

6. 9,121
    pinky

it's unlikely to be dead. I'm sure rebug will release something, but the problem is with rex. they need a dex supplier for that, so you'll likely see a lite version of the firmware first or possibly ever, at least for a while.

7. 255
    Agoni212

Agoni212 Member

There's still time for it its a new firmware it was released yesterday

8. 7,522
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

HAN and CFW are two very different things.

In regards to HAN, the PS3Xploit team will update us when they are done with their testing and findings and possible solutions if they find any.

With CFW, its just a firmware update. Anyone on CFW just have to wait for a 4.83 CFW to be created and released, should not be much longer.

First you will see Standard CEX CFW, followed by a Cobra CFW (CEX) release's.

Rebug may put out a LITE version as the REX version of REBUG CFW can not be created as they have to obtain a DEX (debug aka non public) version of the firmware to complete an updated release of REBUG REX

Stay tuned to this thread and the mainpage (where this is also linked from)
    http://www.psx-place.com/threads/4-83-cfw-homebrew-apps-plugins-tools-updated-for-4-83.20957/

Only @Joonie knows the answer and it would only be a LITE version for now if an update was made and i think joonie and team rebug would only do so if there is a need. with 4.82 there was a bit of a need since that was a new window to install CFW and was not so easy for some to go back to 4.81 without additional steps such as Q/A toggle to enjoy REBUG.

habib has been apart of the ps3xploit team so I am sure if he is available he may be helping in those area's (assuming i do not know what he up to currently).

My assumption would be that its evilsperm project with the modchip, but could be a team project as well. not really sure to be honest

Typically takes a day or two, sometimes a few more. Then apps follow.. Its a hobby scene, so its when devs get time.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    CountDuckula, pinky and bigbossu like this.
  9. 37
    justin_credible

justin_credible Member

So 4.83 didn't even up changing much as far as HAN or CFW?

10. 9,121
    pinky

yes, possibly only evilsperm. I really haven't been involved with the switch scene, but his is the only name I've seen promoting the modchip. though, iirc, Joonie was making a lot of game mods, such as a mario kart one, on the wii u, so he may be interested in the switch. I dunno. he's my wii u buddy. ;)

11. 7,522
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Did you check the mainpage? All info is in the 4.83 Update

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  12. 20
    SpyroMancer

SpyroMancer Member

How about let developers do their non-paid work? two days now, all i see is "will there be cfw for my superslim?" "will you fix han support on 4.83?" etc etc. Spend some time actually reading the forums, learn if your ps3 is hackable or not and just wait. There are some guys here that work on a dead console for you and me, getting zero payback and spend time reading code and checking kernels, and instead of being thankful and wait, you keep bothering them. How about letting them check their to-do list without having to answer the 2-3 same question? Just an idea.

vr6cer, Coldheart2236 and STLcardsWS like this.
  13. 255
    Agoni212

Agoni212 Member

Don't be this rude, he's just asking there's nothing to bother them.

14. 7,522
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Some questions we will see , but yes when they been answered or they even answered a few post before its very annoying to everyone.. Certainly is a entitlement type of attitude (usually a sign of a young immature person often) vs an appreciation attitude.. This is speaking just in general and not any specif persons

People fall to understand other people's time and are not always apperciative of it.

I do not think he is being rude, Text can come off like that times when just stating an issue. when various questions are asked and asked and asked, it does become an issue and many times when questions are asked The person did not even take a second to seek when its there in plain view, Rather want to post and want help when it has been explained. One thing to read and ask, but when not even trying to seek the info its a bad deal, As time goes on we should see less (with so many of the same questions answered), but we see more as people keep repeating the same questions. It happens but user can limit it with doing what they should do first, seek info and then ask on things you may not understand. Not ask and hope to be served. No one has to serve anyone here and that needs to be understood so that only when help is actually needed it can be given, not when someone is too lazy to read. Again we are very helpful community but a user must do the initial steps, the person helping can't all the time especially when its been asked and answered and then asked and then answered :)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    Agoni212 likes this.
  15. 31
    Mjfdms

Mjfdms Forum Noob

I didnt see any post about a rebug 4.83 CFW sorry about that. Can you link me to that post instead?

16. 7,522
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

17. 5
    LeaCelina

LeaCelina Forum Noob

Hola, cometí el error de actualizar a 4.83 con xploit y multiman. Lo que ocurre es lo que se hace con la PC, lo nuevo de la PS3 y la versión 4.83. ¿Podré reinstalar todo?
    [QUOTE = "STLcardsWS, post: 140776, miembro: 2"] HAN y CFW son dos cosas muy diferentes.

En lo que respecta a un HAN, el equipo de PS3 nos permite actualizar cuando hemos terminado con sus pruebas y resultados y posibles soluciones.

Con CFW, es solo una actualización de firmware. Cualquier persona en CFW solo tiene que esperar a que se cree y libere un 4.83 CFW, no debería ser mucho más largo.

Primero veremos el estándar CEX CFW, seguido de una versión de Cobra CFW (CEX).

Rebug puede publicar una versión LITE, o que la versión REX de REBUG CFW no se puede crear, y que tienen que obtener una versión DEX (debug aka non public) del firmware para completar una versión actualizada de REBUG REX

Permanecer atento a este hilo ya la página principal (desde donde también está vinculado)
    http://www.psx-place.com/threads/4-83-cfw-homebrew-apps-plugins-tools-updated-for-4-83.20957/

Solo [USUARIO = 29] @Joonie [/ USUARIO] sabe la respuesta y por ahora solo sería una versión LITE si tiene una actualización y creo que Joonie y el equipo de recuperación solo lo harían si fuera necesario. con 4.82 tenía una pequeña necesidad de tener una nueva ventana para instalar CFW y para algunos no era tan fácil volver a 4.81 sin pasos adicionales, como el conmutador Q / A para disfrutar de REBUG.

Haber sido parte del equipo ps3xploit, así que estoy seguro de que si está disponible, puede estar ayudando en esas áreas (asumiendo que no sé lo que está haciendo actualmente).

Supongo que su proyecto de evilsperm con el modchip, pero también podría ser un proyecto de equipo. No estoy seguro de ser honesto

Usualmente toma uno o dos días, a veces unos más. Luego siguen las aplicaciones ... Es una escena de pasatiempo, así que es cuando los proveedores pasan tiempo. [/ CITA]
    [QUOTE = "STLcardsWS, post: 140776, member: 2"] HAN y CFW son dos cosas muy diferentes.

Normalmente toma uno o dos días, a veces unos más. Luego siguen las aplicaciones ... Es una escena de hobby, así que es cuando los desarrolladores obtienen tiempo. [/ QUOTE]

18. 7,522
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Please also provide an english translation in post that are not in english.

19. 7
    JaMpocalypse

JaMpocalypse Forum Noob

"Hello, I made the mistake of updating to 4.83 with xploit and multiman. What happens is what is done with the PC, the new PS3 and version 4.83. Can I reinstall everything?"

What is in black I don´t understand it at all, spanish is my first language but it has syntax problems.

Everything else was text badly cited translated into spanish.

20. 31
    Mjfdms

Mjfdms Forum Noob