PS3 REBUG Lite CFW updated to v4.82.2 (COBRA 7.55 w/ Homebrew Blocker)

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by Roxanne, Mar 19, 2018.

By Roxanne on Mar 19, 2018 at 3:09 PM
  1. 86
    Roxanne

Roxanne Moderator

Home Page:
    Since @DeViL303 and @pink1 showed us their very useful "HAN Toolbox" for your PS3, @Joonie and others from the Rebug Team updated their Custom Firmware to REBUG Lite v4.82.2 (w/ COBRA 7.55) , not only with some important changes and fixes, but also supporting the HAN Toolbox on-the-fly.

(UPDATE
    : Details about HAN Toolbox inclusion (from Joonie / DeViL303 >>>> see post(s) <<<<<)

rebug.png

The Rebug CFW together with their other Toolboxes and the Cobra Mode built-in (it was also updated with this release as well) was always the top notch of all Custom Firmwares, not only with their very fast releases on newest System Firmwares supported, but also with their strong interaction on all Functions and Toolboxes working together with this Custom Firmware, no matter when you want to play your Backups, running useful Homebrew(s) or running Linux on nearly all PS3 SKU models whichever released. With even many more Functions, this Custom Firmware still brings "new life" to your PS3, and it's all combined in a all-in-one package.

For a full overview about the Rebug CFW itself, please visit >>> Rebug.me

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2018
    Twiztid, Zar, samet2012 and 11 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by Roxanne, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Crash420
      Crash420
      i dont understand. This is a CFW for ps3 with exploit 3.0?
      Alex_22 and LHS like this.
    2. LHS
      LHS
      Wtf, a cfw with ps3xploit v3.0?
    3. Spawn
      Spawn
      To my understanding, CFW benefitsx from the XMB shurtcuts for PKG_Linker etc..

No need for HAN itself on CFW.
      STLcardsWS likes this.
    4. complexusername
      complexusername
      Is it possible for 4.81.2 to be updated with this? Don't want to lose the debug settings on that firmware by updating to 4.82 rebug
    5. Olvido
      Olvido
      is this for the 3k+ models ? :O
    6. GREEDY PESOS
      GREEDY PESOS
      Soo ...this means 4.82 dex??
    7. Olvido
      Olvido
      so this means 3k+ models get cfw ? O:::::::::::::::::::::
    8. GREEDY PESOS
      GREEDY PESOS
      Im guessing this is for CFW ...RIGHT??
    9. GREEDY PESOS
      GREEDY PESOS
      I dnt think soo..
      CFW ...
      ..i checke the rebug page ...
      .its a 4.82 LITE ...so now Dex.....

HOPE FULLY I DIDNT READ IT RIGHT 4 SUM REASON..
    10. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Honestly a bit thrown off by the HAN Toolbox Support.

@Joonie @habib @DeViL303 @pink1 Curious of the addition of HAN Toolbox for a CFW... Future plans for the toolbox? We already have the "CFW Settings" so that is why I am a bit thrown off by this.
    11. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      YES a CFW , NO for being for Ps3Xploit HAN or 3.0

NO, (see above)

You can update from any previous CFW or REBUG CFW

NO, this is not. CFW Compatible Consoles

NO Dex on 4.82, if you want DEX you must stay on 4.81.2

Yes this is just an updated CFW for CFW user's
      Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
      Xg4m3r and samet2012 like this.
    12. complexusername
      complexusername
      I should be more specific. What I meant to ask is can they add this feature to their older firmware 4.81.2? I don't want to lose some of the functionality from that firmware (being able to use any ps3 game save file mostly!)
    13. Joonie
      Joonie
      HAN Toolbox is not really needed for CFW users, however it was one of the requested features by a few devs including @DeViL303 for development purpose.

Yes you will have to resign your save files if your saves were Fake owned by VSH. [Part of the features from "REX" edition]

I really did not want to update 4.82.1 but this had to be done since the bug was critical and had to be fixed which took 3 months to get reported. And you will NOT lose your GAME SAVE files after updating ONLY If you were previously on REBUG 4.82.1 "LITE"
      djdrew, aldostools, esc0rtd3w and 2 others like this.
    14. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      I think one of the main reasons this HAN Toolbox support was added was to give easy access to HAN Functions while on Rebug, Im not sure if was meant to be a main feature , more of a little add on thrown in.

One thing is, Packages signed for HAN would not install on Rebug without running HAN, So Im guessing if you did want to install a HAN pkg then HAN Toolbox would be HANdy, and also for the PKG Linker feature, (package linker support can be added separately without HAN toolbox too, by manually editing category game xml).
      esc0rtd3w, samet2012 and STLcardsWS like this.
    15. Berion
      Berion
      I'm thinking that he have in mind loosing Fake SaveData Owner functionality after going from Rebug 4.81 Rex to 4.82 Lite (which he will loose in such case).
      complexusername likes this.
    16. Naked_Snake1995
      Naked_Snake1995
      Still no REX Support 4.82, oh well i guess its better than nothing.

A few Debug settings missing its nothing major, i am sure there will be a REX and D-REX release in the future
    17. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      The Name is confusing part (for many). I would suggest maybe the CFW variant to carry a different name then HAN? HAN in one of the entries would be okay within the toolbox and would be useful as you said PKG linker is a great feature but could be added alone or in the toolbox.
    18. complexusername
      complexusername
      Thank you Berion. That is what I meant to @Joonie & @STLcardsWS
    19. Joonie
      Joonie
      To avoid any more confusion, I updated the main page and removed the reference to PSXPLACE since it's misleading OFW users

upload_2018-3-19_15-58-6.png
      Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
      Berion, samet2012 and STLcardsWS like this.